• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7967 users

Surprisingly Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 All
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
June 12 2011 12:59 GMT
#541
Also
Fuck you atmospheric noise!
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
June 12 2011 14:46 GMT
#542
On June 12 2011 12:59 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
lol hesmyrr you bastard. Last night I got bored so I read the thread and did an analysis and I had the scum team as JeeJee/Prplhz/Unichan after day 1.5, and its all because of how you posted on Day 1 that I didn't get you, I read your posts and it ran pretty much exactly what I had been thinking. You didn't give me much to work with and what you did looked really town. It's a shame that you had to drop out, and then dementio didn't really post.

Well to be fair I dropped off at very early stages, so it is likely I would have tipped you off somehow when people actually start to vote seriously and stuff. Actually I never managed to finish any of the games recently hasn't I, considering I had to drop off at Pokemafia exactly at the same way (at least I think I also established pro-town rep there so my replacement wasn't THAT detrimental).

Also while I concur everyone needs to be looked at - quite lot of game I observed was lost due to that fallacy - not sure that the shyness/indecisiveness itself is hallmark of scum. Maybe it that player continues that behaviour throughout the day, maybe. I deliberately tried to appear aggressive, and I think JeeJee was quite active as well. In fact if you look at my previous posts you can see I got freebie attacks on most townies precisely because they weren't bold enough and simply insinuated stuff.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 12 2011 15:07 GMT
#543
On June 12 2011 21:15 dementrio wrote:
yea I think despite all the flak lurkers get, lurking is pretty much the best way to not get lynched. I only played 2 games, both as scum, and got deep by lurking while town was yelling "lurkers you are scum! but I'll lynch the active guy!"

look also at unichan who was here till the end. Imo someone who talks will always look more suspicious than someone who doesn't. It sucks because I think it makes for less enjoyable games


and that's a meta-game we have to change.

I know that next game I play I will shout for lynching all lurkers
Computer says mafia
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 12 2011 17:36 GMT
#544
Palmar the problem with that, is a lot of the time its not feasible to kill all the lurkers which is a problem. We definitely need DT's and Vigi's to cut down lurkers though, because wasting lynches like that is stupid.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 12 2011 17:40 GMT
#545
Wow, gratz Maf.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
June 12 2011 18:54 GMT
#546
Also note that had I not been replaced out, none of the mafia would have been (intentional) lurkers.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 12 2011 23:33 GMT
#547
Right, so I know I played, but I'll post my thoughts on a few things.

The number one thing that everyone should take from this game is to look at voting reactions. This game was clearer than it will almost ever be, so it can provide a very good example:

Day one: Everyone piles on the votes. There is NO way that mafia would let one of their own get that high in the votes without a fight, and the only real reason why I didn't press that point was because I was vet and didn't think that it would be possible for two vets in the same setup. Otherwise, this should have been a clear indicator that Sinani was innocent. (Sure, the replacement isn't necessarily scum, but at least you have a much clearer town read on Sinani than you do on the replacement). I was stupid for ignoring that fact too much.

Day two: Everyone votes at the beginning of the day, and there is no real push for a different lynch. I don't think there was ever a person with over 1 vote until the end, other than OriginalName. In addition to this, there was VERY little discussion about anything that day. That won't happen if scum are unhappy with the lynch. Again, another huge tell that OriginalName wasn't scum. (I'm actually going to revise the statement I made earlier, and say that the reaction from people is MORE important that the initial analysis.)

Day three: Again, the same thing happened: There was really only one person up for lynch, and not a lot of discussion surrounding it. No one was fighting for me, and people were making weak arguments against me. Even though I explained my play, people keep on the vote. Late in the day it should have been clear from the reaction to the voting that I was town, if not from an analysis of my play.

Look for things like this in future games because more often than not they will flip someone before they die and you can revise the lynch.

I for my part failed terrifically on my analyses, but read the responses correctly. Perhaps with this game as a reference I will be able to convince people of the truth of reading the response better.

I'd actually be interested to know why those townies left voted for me, because I thought that I explained myself rather well. (Especially with the vet claim that would make no sense for me to use after Sinani flipped Vet AND I said that it's perfect for scum to fake claim).

Congratulations to the mafia, you guys played well.

I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 13 2011 04:29 GMT
#548
On June 06 2011 06:42 sinani206 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 05:39 Varpulis wrote:
If you would be so kind, please tell us
  • who you think is town, and why
  • who you think is mafia, and why
  • If you had to lynch somebody other than stefftastiq, who would it be and why


OriginalName
Postlist:
  1. points out the obvious
  2. "chill" post
  3. answers a question that doesn't have to do with him
  4. joke
  5. sleeping in excuse post
  6. votes for stefftastiq

What we may have here is a scum trying to hid among the actives with 6 contentless posts since the Day 1 post.

youngminii
Much like ON until he votes for Palmar. I'm not really sure what to make of him.

Mataza
He switches from his usual townie style after being accused and then not a lot of content after that. Not much more to say.

JeeJee
He has been quite town-friendly. Good content, especially in his later posts.

unichan
Lurks, votes for Palmar, and then unvotes, saying it was just to see how Palmar would react. This is a scummy excuse because he didn't say he was doing it for a reaction when he voted.

Palmar
Confusing.

Kavdragon
Says to focus on lurkers then lurks.

dementrio
Hesmyrr was very active and town-friendly and dementrio's first post seems to continue this trend.

Varpulis
Most active, but sometimes this is what the mafia try to do. 75% town.

prplhz
Medium activity, tries his hardest.

stefftastiq
I am sticking with him unless one of the other players I marked red surprises me.

If I couldn't vote for stefftastiq, I would vote for Kavdragon, because he is a lurker and scummy.



I guess I'm really good at scumhunting? Like some type of insane vanilla townie role?
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 13 2011 06:01 GMT
#549
On June 13 2011 13:29 sinani206 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 06:42 sinani206 wrote:
On June 06 2011 05:39 Varpulis wrote:
If you would be so kind, please tell us
  • who you think is town, and why
  • who you think is mafia, and why
  • If you had to lynch somebody other than stefftastiq, who would it be and why


OriginalName
Postlist:
  1. points out the obvious
  2. "chill" post
  3. answers a question that doesn't have to do with him
  4. joke
  5. sleeping in excuse post
  6. votes for stefftastiq

What we may have here is a scum trying to hid among the actives with 6 contentless posts since the Day 1 post.

youngminii
Much like ON until he votes for Palmar. I'm not really sure what to make of him.

Mataza
He switches from his usual townie style after being accused and then not a lot of content after that. Not much more to say.

JeeJee
He has been quite town-friendly. Good content, especially in his later posts.

unichan
Lurks, votes for Palmar, and then unvotes, saying it was just to see how Palmar would react. This is a scummy excuse because he didn't say he was doing it for a reaction when he voted.

Palmar
Confusing.

Kavdragon
Says to focus on lurkers then lurks.

dementrio
Hesmyrr was very active and town-friendly and dementrio's first post seems to continue this trend.

Varpulis
Most active, but sometimes this is what the mafia try to do. 75% town.

prplhz
Medium activity, tries his hardest.

stefftastiq
I am sticking with him unless one of the other players I marked red surprises me.

If I couldn't vote for stefftastiq, I would vote for Kavdragon, because he is a lurker and scummy.



I guess I'm really good at scumhunting? Like some type of insane vanilla townie role?


That's pretty hilarious. Though, at that point in the game I think I wasn't too far off of that either.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-14 15:08:54
June 14 2011 14:55 GMT
#550
On June 12 2011 21:15 dementrio wrote:
yea I think despite all the flak lurkers get, lurking is pretty much the best way to not get lynched. I only played 2 games, both as scum, and got deep by lurking while town was yelling "lurkers you are scum! but I'll lynch the active guy!"

look also at unichan who was here till the end. Imo someone who talks will always look more suspicious than someone who doesn't. It sucks because I think it makes for less enjoyable games

i think you're undervaluing your posts and how they made you look townie

it's almost as if you and jeejee took ver's guide, got all the parts under "people that are townie" and then applied that to yourselves this game

so in other words good job ^^

also, man am i glad i played this before playing any of the bigger games, i feel as if i played horribly this game compared to how i played before and will try to fix it
lalala
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
June 14 2011 16:01 GMT
#551

so in other words good job ^^


Ty ^^ but mind that by "lurking" i don't mean not caring. I actually put a lot of effort in my posts, and spent more time than I proably should have on them, to sell myself as town. The problem is that it feels more like writing a school report rather than playing a party game, and goes against the spirit of mafia someone's on-the-spot reaction should play as much of a role as his analysis.

I think being "out there" and spewing posts all over would be more fun, but it would be much harder for me to do - especially since I don't have any town experience - while at the same time I run a much greater risk of getting lynched even if I do it well.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-14 18:14:18
June 14 2011 18:13 GMT
#552
On June 15 2011 01:01 dementrio wrote:
Show nested quote +

so in other words good job ^^


Ty ^^ but mind that by "lurking" i don't mean not caring. I actually put a lot of effort in my posts, and spent more time than I proably should have on them, to sell myself as town. The problem is that it feels more like writing a school report rather than playing a party game, and goes against the spirit of mafia someone's on-the-spot reaction should play as much of a role as his analysis.

I think being "out there" and spewing posts all over would be more fun, but it would be much harder for me to do - especially since I don't have any town experience - while at the same time I run a much greater risk of getting lynched even if I do it well.

detectives help

i can't remember the last time i played a game without a detective honestly, well besides completely vanilla townies vs regular scum
i guess we relied on blue roles too much this game
lalala
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 14 2011 19:43 GMT
#553
dw youngminii

you were less bad than me.
Computer says mafia
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
June 14 2011 21:30 GMT
#554
I hate detectives. If I ever decide to host again, you can be pretty sure there won't be any detectives.
*now like one year from now you guys can WIFOM my statement to death *
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Prev 1 26 27 28 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs Shameless
CranKy Ducklings147
SHIN 73
CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 304
OGKoka 270
ByuN 268
SHIN 73
MindelVK 18
Railgan 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68248
Calm 10798
Rain 2666
soO 981
Bisu 837
FanTaSy 788
BeSt 621
Stork 401
Soulkey 295
Rush 291
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
firebathero 203
Last 140
Snow 134
Mind 100
Light 80
Pusan 77
ToSsGirL 65
Shinee 47
hero 45
Trap 38
Free 37
Killer 31
Mong 29
Bale 29
Sexy 29
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 28
Sharp 24
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
sorry 15
Shine 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shuttle 1
Dota 2
Gorgc6784
League of Legends
Reynor102
Counter-Strike
x6flipin938
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
gofns31300
singsing2218
byalli628
Pyrionflax241
B2W.Neo117
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 112
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Jankos3595
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
OSC
11h 34m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.