• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:21
CEST 21:21
KST 04:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9862 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 179 Next
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
April 10 2011 22:21 GMT
#861
On April 11 2011 07:12 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:56 GMarshal wrote:
EBWOP:
On April 11 2011 06:34 M0nsterChef wrote:
##Vote: Gmarshal


who the hell is this and why is he voting for me? He has no posts in the thread, right?


Inactive list
Metalface-no posts since sign up
Ream- no posts since game started
Lattrommi-is he even playing??? was signed up by someone else and hasn't posted
lemonwalrus- hasnt posted since day 1 began
milkyst- no posts since sign up
The_Roist- lurking
Jaminz- no post since sign up
DarthThienAn- no posts since day 1
M0nsterChef- hasn't posted since day 1, votes for gmarshall without posting.
Serejai- no posts since sign up


If we did go for a lurker, maybe we could do in M0nsterChef. It's really suspicious to vote relatively early without posing. If he showed up red, it could mean Marshal is red.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 22:22 GMT
#862
i have a plan and a reason for doing what i do ok trust me mac daddy
RIP Aaliyah
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 22:23 GMT
#863
On April 11 2011 07:22 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i have a plan and a reason for doing what i do ok trust me mac daddy


curiously town lynched takster on a phrase just like this in insane 2. Did you read the part of my campaign where I tell people to provide reasons? Specifically the part about we ignore people who don't explain their reasons?
Moderator
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 10 2011 22:24 GMT
#864
On April 11 2011 07:21 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 07:12 redFF wrote:
On April 11 2011 06:56 GMarshal wrote:
EBWOP:
On April 11 2011 06:34 M0nsterChef wrote:
##Vote: Gmarshal


who the hell is this and why is he voting for me? He has no posts in the thread, right?


Inactive list
Metalface-no posts since sign up
Ream- no posts since game started
Lattrommi-is he even playing??? was signed up by someone else and hasn't posted
lemonwalrus- hasnt posted since day 1 began
milkyst- no posts since sign up
The_Roist- lurking
Jaminz- no post since sign up
DarthThienAn- no posts since day 1
M0nsterChef- hasn't posted since day 1, votes for gmarshall without posting.
Serejai- no posts since sign up


If we did go for a lurker, maybe we could do in M0nsterChef. It's really suspicious to vote relatively early without posing. If he showed up red, it could mean Marshal is red.


Yeah i think it's an easy lynch and if he is red we have a huge advantage, can't really see anyone else i 100% want to lynch except pandain.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 22:26 GMT
#865
There is a reason why I put up my analysis of Protact first. Dr.H is a good player and it would be unwise to eliminate him so quickly. Same could be said of Protact. But protact actually has a shot at getting into power right now, and that's not good. People need to unvote him, cause there is a good risk that he is red, and that on top of all the other reasons mentioned makes him a bad choice for office.

If elected (yes, I'm still running), i will lynch an inactive still. They are the people we can't analyse, and that is what I will be teaching, pushing and doing.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 22:26 GMT
#866
On April 11 2011 07:23 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 07:22 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i have a plan and a reason for doing what i do ok trust me mac daddy


curiously town lynched takster on a phrase just like this in insane 2. Did you read the part of my campaign where I tell people to provide reasons? Specifically the part about we ignore people who don't explain their reasons?

yeah i read it i just didn't care
RIP Aaliyah
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 22:27 GMT
#867
On April 11 2011 07:26 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 07:23 GMarshal wrote:
On April 11 2011 07:22 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i have a plan and a reason for doing what i do ok trust me mac daddy


curiously town lynched takster on a phrase just like this in insane 2. Did you read the part of my campaign where I tell people to provide reasons? Specifically the part about we ignore people who don't explain their reasons?

yeah i read it i just didn't care


Cool, I'll continue to ignore any of your posts that fail to provide reasoning then ^_^

Moderator
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 22:29 GMT
#868
As part of my plan to help newer people out, I present the first part of my guide to analysis. I was hoping to post this after i had finished the whole thing, but it would seem that we could use it already.


      Over the my past four games, I've had the opporunity to participate with scum teams twice. The experiance of being on a scum team was really helpful in identifying ways of finding scum, because I got to know how scum teams work; the challenges they are faced with, the reasons why scum still act scummy even though they know to avoid it, and so forth. Now that I'm not scum, I'd like to pass these things on. So without further ado, here's my two cents on scum.



#1: Know your enemy:
If you want to figure out how to find scum, you have to see things from their perspective.


      When I first started playing mafia, I was confused how a scumtell would ever work. If there was such a thing as a scum tell, why wouldn't mafia just NOT do that thing? I didn't understand why mafia would NOT participate as much as the town, or why they would try to not contribute, while looking like they really are. Then I got on a scum team, and i figured it out: Scum tells are things that are extremely difficult to avoid even when you know about them.


When you are on a scum team, there are two key factors that alter your play: You are on a team, and you know who is scum. These are both things that you cannot avoid. Because of this, scum tells can be built off of them.


Because you are on a team, you will be talking to the other members of your team. This takes away a significant portion of your time, especially if you had team members that were as funny as mine were. Beginner scum players want to look like they are contributing because they are not good at hiding a lack of contribution yet, so they actually try to contribute. Unfortunately they don't have as much time to evaluate what is happening and what is the best plan for town at the moment. Because of this, they fall back on giving general advice, and give no real opinions on the current situation. Better/Veteran scum players actually try to look like they are contributing, but are really good at hiding the fact that they aren't. Activity can be increased to accommodated this, or excuses can be given for not contributing as much, so it can be somewhat unreliable, but it is still a good hint to work off of. (Especially when you are dealing with older players)

The second difference between you and scum is that they know who is scum. Obvious, no? But it has implications that are ridiculously hard to shake. When you are scum, it's really, hard to form opinions on who looks scummy. I don't mean that it's hard to say "Incog looks scummy". I mean that it's hard to actually believe that someone looks/is scum, because you know that they aren't. This is compounded by the fact that you talking to your scum buddies when you otherwise would be going over people's posts trying to figure out who looks scummy.


To recap, the things you are looking for are a lack of contribution, and a lack of clear opinions (especially when it comes to the alignment of someone). What does this look like?


Well, the lack of contribution for new scum players will look like people posting a lot of one liners and other stuff that shows that they are there, but aren't actually contributing new ideas/opinions to the discussion. If there's a player that's just sitting around posting things like "I agree" or making non-committal statements about the situation, there's a large chance they are doing something else. It makes no sense for a townie to be around posting on the thread all day but not spending time to contribute. As players get better, the lack of contribution becomes harder to spot. Some will disguise it with relevant and helpful information. On the surface it looks like they are helping people out, but if the knowledge is common, then what have they helped with? Nothing. I'm not an advanced scum player by any means and I've not played with any, so I can't inform you as well as I'd like in this area, but ask foolishness if you have more questions.

The lack of strong opinions of people is one of my favorite ways to hunt scum, because I know how hard it is to avoid it as scum. It usually manifests itself in contradiction, and will something like this: A player says that Qatol looks really scummy, and then a day later votes Qatol for mayor. When you are scum, you're thinking about what will be beneficial for your team, so you will support a lynch at one point, then forgot that you did, and say something contradictory later. A player says that they have a town read on someone, and then a while later they vote for their lynch without giving a reason for the change of mind. Contradictions like these are awesome when you catch them. Another one: Someone says that the mayor is overrated, and not that powerful, and proceeds to talk about nothing other than the mayor for the next day.


The next section is on analysis and arguing/pushing for your target.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
The_Roist
Profile Joined April 2010
United States58 Posts
April 10 2011 22:29 GMT
#869
On April 11 2011 06:26 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:24 The_Roist wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:54 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:51 The_Roist wrote:
I've never seen a game get so worked up over a ninja/witch hunt before. Never one that the town has won anyway...

We always brawl on day 1.


Do you guys? Its my first time playing Mafia with TL, you guys are far more...aggressive? Then the guys i'm used to playing with.


Just don't lurk and you should be fine ^_^

Thoughts on the mayor race?


If past experience is anything to go on, anyone who wants to be mayor is probably scum or ninja, the best mayors come from others suggesting: if scum put friends in office, rolechecks really ruin their day. Thats what i'll say right now.

Other notes: My mafia.txt is filling up rather fast, you guys are kind of rude but it makes for an interesting game so I don't mind too much. but its maybe not the best first impression on real first timers...
M0nsterChef
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada67 Posts
April 10 2011 22:32 GMT
#870
I read the thread and made a vote based on who I think I deserves the role the most. Am I not allowed to vote?
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 10 2011 22:32 GMT
#871
WHO THE FUCK YOU CALLING RUDE
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 22:33 GMT
#872
Kav, are you aware that there is a guide that pretty much covers that?

Also I hate to say this, but that is a major example of a noncontributing post that looks like a fucking huge wall of text imo, because it is actualy irrelevant to the current situation, it in no way helps the newbies choose a mayor or make any major decisions at the moment.

I applaud the effort though, and I agree with the majority of the ideas contained therein
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 22:33 GMT
#873
On April 11 2011 07:32 M0nsterChef wrote:
I read the thread and made a vote based on who I think I deserves the role the most. Am I not allowed to vote?


What you are not allowed to do is vote without providing reasoning. Why do you think I deserve the role over, say Kav?
Moderator
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 22:34 GMT
#874
On April 11 2011 07:29 The_Roist wrote:
Other notes: My mafia.txt is filling up rather fast, you guys are kind of rude but it makes for an interesting game so I don't mind too much. but its maybe not the best first impression on real first timers...


THIS DR.H. THIS is what I was talking about. I don't care if you have a plan. We are already looking at a huge inactives list. Thank god we have a few replacements, but for the love of the TLMafia community, stop being so negative!
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 10 2011 22:35 GMT
#875
On April 11 2011 07:32 M0nsterChef wrote:
I read the thread and made a vote based on who I think I deserves the role the most. Am I not allowed to vote?


No, but it looks highly suspicious that you don't post any thoughts/opinions (or anything at all really) since the game has started, and then come in and vote.

What are your thoughts on the current situation?

Why do you like GMarshal the best for mayor?

Why don't you like the other candidates?

you gotta dance
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 22:36 GMT
#876
On April 11 2011 07:34 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 07:29 The_Roist wrote:
Other notes: My mafia.txt is filling up rather fast, you guys are kind of rude but it makes for an interesting game so I don't mind too much. but its maybe not the best first impression on real first timers...


THIS DR.H. THIS is what I was talking about. I don't care if you have a plan. We are already looking at a huge inactives list. Thank god we have a few replacements, but for the love of the TLMafia community, stop being so negative!

i'll kill your entire fucking family

j/k

I know that. I think I've done about as much damage as I can at this point so I'll slink into the shadows and try to play cool now. i like to shit it up on day 1 to see how people react so I get a better idea of where everyone really stands. The more unreasonable I get, the more unreasonable the mafia gets, but I think now is a good time to cut the act.
RIP Aaliyah
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 10 2011 22:37 GMT
#877
On March 29 2011 13:32 DropBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2011 05:46 kitaman27 wrote:
On March 29 2011 03:07 GMarshal wrote:
All these new people ^_^
(lynch em all!)


New people, I declare myself your leader. We shall rise up against the tyrannical GMarshal and put his head on a platter.

/in



Strength in numbers newbies!


You better not be trying to steal my newbies Kav.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 22:38 GMT
#878
On April 11 2011 07:33 GMarshal wrote:
Kav, are you aware that there is a guide that pretty much covers that?

Also I hate to say this, but that is a major example of a noncontributing post that looks like a fucking huge wall of text imo, because it is actualy irrelevant to the current situation, it in no way helps the newbies choose a mayor or make any major decisions at the moment.

I applaud the effort though, and I agree with the majority of the ideas contained therein


Yeah, but I didn't like the guide, and I wanted to show people that I actually care enough that I'll write up a guide out of my own experiences. This both shows my experience, makes me accountable to my skill level, and helps people.

Anyone can send a link to a guide. Besides, if I point them out of the thread, it's doing nothing to repair the damage that had been done already.

Like I said. I know it looks scummy. I don't care what it looks like if it helps the town. I'm not doing anything that is hurting the town with my plan, unlike Dr.H. Honestly, think about it. We are at 44 pages already.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 22:39 GMT
#879
On April 11 2011 07:36 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 07:34 Kavdragon wrote:
On April 11 2011 07:29 The_Roist wrote:
Other notes: My mafia.txt is filling up rather fast, you guys are kind of rude but it makes for an interesting game so I don't mind too much. but its maybe not the best first impression on real first timers...


THIS DR.H. THIS is what I was talking about. I don't care if you have a plan. We are already looking at a huge inactives list. Thank god we have a few replacements, but for the love of the TLMafia community, stop being so negative!

i'll kill your entire fucking family

j/k

I know that. I think I've done about as much damage as I can at this point so I'll slink into the shadows and try to play cool now. i like to shit it up on day 1 to see how people react so I get a better idea of where everyone really stands. The more unreasonable I get, the more unreasonable the mafia gets, but I think now is a good time to cut the act.


Thanks!

+ Show Spoiler +
I retract that if you continue
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 10 2011 22:43 GMT
#880
On April 11 2011 07:23 GMarshal wrote:
curiously town lynched takster on a phrase just like this in insane 2. Did you read the part of my campaign where I tell people to provide reasons? Specifically the part about we ignore people who don't explain their reasons?

Was a hell of a plan no??


On April 11 2011 07:24 redFF wrote:Yeah i think it's an easy lynch and if he is red we have a huge advantage, can't really see anyone else i 100% want to lynch except pandain.

And it's deliciously ironic that this post immediately followed.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason176
BRAT_OK 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13831
Artosis 491
Mini 265
Dewaltoss 134
Mind 84
ZZZero.O 51
Hyun 40
Bale 26
NaDa 19
Dota 2
qojqva2773
420jenkins558
League of Legends
Doublelift24
Counter-Strike
fl0m4103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5652
Khaldor1321
Liquid`Hasu1053
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g4728
FrodaN2000
B2W.Neo796
byalli649
ToD190
Mew2King49
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV233
StarCraft 2
angryscii 43
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 37
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 27
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3745
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV246
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 39m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.