• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:42
CEST 01:42
KST 08:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8453 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 167

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 273 Next
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 30 2011 22:20 GMT
#3321
On March 31 2011 07:18 tnkted wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but you should know: if you're going with this plan tonight, I will die. 100% certainty on that. I'm willing to do it, but you should be aware. Oh, and my plan will void roleblocks too so don't bother wasting any on me.

This is assuming that this other person doesn't get back to me.


Together but separate, like oatmeal
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 30 2011 22:21 GMT
#3322
On March 31 2011 07:14 ilovejonn wrote:
tnkted i really hope your bus does something good.


Boy, me too man, me too.

How long till the night ends? I have to go afk for a little but I want to check back and see whats happening.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 30 2011 22:23 GMT
#3323
3.5 hours
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
March 30 2011 22:24 GMT
#3324
On March 31 2011 07:17 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2011 07:11 tnkted wrote:
On March 31 2011 06:38 bumatlarge wrote:
We all make misreads. tackster was no different. Shoulda coulda woulda, but there is no need to worry about it anymore.

Coag and jackal are town. Lemon is scum. Simple as that. All powers were used night 1, so aside from framers and other more hidden actions, it's basically KP, mindcontrol and the vote things. Here is how I was thinking it should go down.

Jackal steal from Lemon, coagualtion attempt to shoot him. A medic protect coagulation and tnkted switch jackal and someone deemed scum. This way we win item game, as mafia would have to redirect or protect lemon, and the most effecient way to do that is have coag shoot jackal. Jackal's bus buddy gets hit, and 2KP would have to be used on coag to kill him. Leaving jackal alive.

Tnkted you need to use your non MC'd bus maneuver, or no one gets the items. I'm assuming you are town, because if you dont die and the other townies die, then mafia wins IG and you will die.

Luckily mafia will have to focus on the IG while I completely fuck up their team. They better pray that they have about 4 DT covers and bulletproof vests tonight. I won't be going into detail about what my team will be doing, but it should be drastic.


Yes sir, fearless leader. I'll use it. I'm not going to tell you who I'm switching jackal with though, so I would avoid killing that person just in case they are town or something. A DT check would probably be fine however. FYI, I probably won't use either of the two people you mentioned.

I have an alternative plan where I could use the regular mode and avoid MC, but it would rely trusting that somebody else knows what they're doing. If this person knows what they're talking about, they should drop me a breadcrumb somewhere because I'll have to switch my plans pretty quickly. I was going to use this plan originally until you told me to do the anti-MC one, so post that shit ASAP friendly person! I think I know who you are. Don't put the crumb in a reply to me or this post though!



The best way to do this is to make scum dive into wifom to figure out what you are going to do.


This should be WIFOM enough:

You're Tnkted. You're the bus driver, and there's 3 people in the item game. The mafia has been found and confirmed, it's now up to you to make sure mafia can't kill the other two townies.

Do you:

a). Use your anti-mind-controlling bus
b). Since scum knows you've got a anti-mind-control bus, you decide to use your normal bus since they probably won't try to MC you anyway.

Do you:

a). Switch Jackal with someone
b). Since they assume you're switching Jackal, you switch around Coagulation instead.

Do you:

a). Switch it to someone immune so mafia can safely gamble on who to bus
b). Switch it to someone that's acting very scummy, possibly resulting in a team-kill for the reds if they gamble wrong.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 30 2011 22:26 GMT
#3325
Actually... maybe there is a way I can combine both plans... Hmm...

There might be some hope that I can live through the night after all!

If not, everyone, i bid you farewell.

To quote Palahniuk:

“I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?" Why did I cause so much pain? Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness? Can't I see how we're all manifestations of love? I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong. We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens. And God says, "No, that's not right." Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can't teach God anything.”
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 30 2011 22:26 GMT
#3326
On March 31 2011 06:51 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2011 05:48 Kenpachi wrote:
On March 30 2011 16:14 chaoser wrote:

Tackster
BrownBear
Coagulation
Jackal58
kevconsim
Lemonwalrus
Meapak_Ziphh
Mr. Wiggles
orgolove
RebirthOfLeGenD
tnkted
Amber[LighT]
GGQ
Beneather
Eiii
Insanious

Lemonwalrus
iGrok
deconduo
Tackster
ilovejonn
CubEdIn
bumatlarge
Rean
chaoser
OriginalName
Kavdragon
Lanaia
Kenpachi

I requested that people vote for LW at 9:00 PM EST, 1 hour before lynch

Here are the few that did:

On March 30 2011 10:29 Kenpachi wrote:
##unvote Tackster
##vote LemonWalrus



On March 30 2011 10:25 Lanaia wrote:
##Unvote Tackster
##vote LemonWalrus


On March 30 2011 10:18 Kavdragon wrote:
##Unvote Kenpachi
##Vote Lemonwalrus



On March 30 2011 10:10 OriginalName wrote:
##Unvote Tackster
##Vote LemonWalrus


I don't think mafia would dare change their votes at that point. 6 votes were already on LW, any more off Tack and onto LW might have snowballed. So if LW flips red, these people have earned tons of green points in my book


or Black. We could be 3rd Party. I know Kav is one.


Lololol. Cause blacks are totally going to stick their neck out for reds. Really Kenpachi?

????? what?
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 30 2011 22:28 GMT
#3327
On March 31 2011 07:24 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2011 07:17 Kavdragon wrote:
On March 31 2011 07:11 tnkted wrote:
On March 31 2011 06:38 bumatlarge wrote:
We all make misreads. tackster was no different. Shoulda coulda woulda, but there is no need to worry about it anymore.

Coag and jackal are town. Lemon is scum. Simple as that. All powers were used night 1, so aside from framers and other more hidden actions, it's basically KP, mindcontrol and the vote things. Here is how I was thinking it should go down.

Jackal steal from Lemon, coagualtion attempt to shoot him. A medic protect coagulation and tnkted switch jackal and someone deemed scum. This way we win item game, as mafia would have to redirect or protect lemon, and the most effecient way to do that is have coag shoot jackal. Jackal's bus buddy gets hit, and 2KP would have to be used on coag to kill him. Leaving jackal alive.

Tnkted you need to use your non MC'd bus maneuver, or no one gets the items. I'm assuming you are town, because if you dont die and the other townies die, then mafia wins IG and you will die.

Luckily mafia will have to focus on the IG while I completely fuck up their team. They better pray that they have about 4 DT covers and bulletproof vests tonight. I won't be going into detail about what my team will be doing, but it should be drastic.


Yes sir, fearless leader. I'll use it. I'm not going to tell you who I'm switching jackal with though, so I would avoid killing that person just in case they are town or something. A DT check would probably be fine however. FYI, I probably won't use either of the two people you mentioned.

I have an alternative plan where I could use the regular mode and avoid MC, but it would rely trusting that somebody else knows what they're doing. If this person knows what they're talking about, they should drop me a breadcrumb somewhere because I'll have to switch my plans pretty quickly. I was going to use this plan originally until you told me to do the anti-MC one, so post that shit ASAP friendly person! I think I know who you are. Don't put the crumb in a reply to me or this post though!



The best way to do this is to make scum dive into wifom to figure out what you are going to do.


This should be WIFOM enough:

You're Tnkted. You're the bus driver, and there's 3 people in the item game. The mafia has been found and confirmed, it's now up to you to make sure mafia can't kill the other two townies.

Do you:

a). Use your anti-mind-controlling bus
b). Since scum knows you've got a anti-mind-control bus, you decide to use your normal bus since they probably won't try to MC you anyway.

Do you:

a). Switch Jackal with someone
b). Since they assume you're switching Jackal, you switch around Coagulation instead.

Do you:

a). Switch it to someone immune so mafia can safely gamble on who to bus
b). Switch it to someone that's acting very scummy, possibly resulting in a team-kill for the reds if they gamble wrong.


oh yeah, i forgot to mention: I lied about my plans in one crucial part in my previous posts here. Not the 'being bus driver' part, or anything like that, but in a part that will seriously gum up the works if mafia believes everything I've said here.

Or, I'm lying about this. Nobody knows! :D
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 30 2011 22:29 GMT
#3328
On March 31 2011 07:26 tnkted wrote:
Actually... maybe there is a way I can combine both plans... Hmm...

There might be some hope that I can live through the night after all!

If not, everyone, i bid you farewell.

To quote Palahniuk:

“I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?" Why did I cause so much pain? Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness? Can't I see how we're all manifestations of love? I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong. We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens. And God says, "No, that's not right." Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can't teach God anything.”


god is a tunneler.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
March 30 2011 23:19 GMT
#3329
On March 31 2011 07:18 tnkted wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but you should know: if you're going with this plan tonight, I will die. 100% certainty on that. I'm willing to do it, but you should be aware. Oh, and my plan will void roleblocks too so don't bother wasting any on me.

This is assuming that this other person doesn't get back to me.


Sometimes we get roles that require us to sacrifice ourselves for the good of the game. In the original insane mafia I was a zombie so the only way my KP would be useful was for me to die, so I tried as hard as possible to get the mafia to hate me enough to off me. You may not make it to the end but you're going to really help get the town get some good items for the future.

I think we should start looking at some of the people who fucked up last night and switched back and forth. We should also look at some of the people who didn't hop the bandwagon, including myself.

It's not as though I would have switched my vote. Coag you should know this more than anyone else in this game that the last time a last minute vote train was created it caused the mafia to be safe. I was on the other side of the glass in that scenario and even if I was able to switch my vote, I wouldn't have. There's no way I could sit there and believe that a last minute vote train wasn't somehow encouraged by mafia activity. My gut was wrong though and it sucks to have to bite that loss, but can you really blame the players who voted for tack and stuck with him after almost a unanimous vote? It seemed almost too certain.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 30 2011 23:25 GMT
#3330
tnked - how do we know you're not scum, and by not giving out your plan, you're going to lose it for town?

If you know 100% sure that your bus can't be MCed or anything like that, then just switch coag/jackal with Insaneous/Eiii and be done with it. How would mafia be able to deter those plans?
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 30 2011 23:32 GMT
#3331
P.S.: if you can't be RBed, why tell mafia and not let them waste rbs on you?
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 30 2011 23:33 GMT
#3332
On March 31 2011 08:32 CubEdIn wrote:
P.S.: if you can't be RBed, why tell mafia and not let them waste rbs on you?



I'm fine with him not telling us his plan. I really don't think he's scum right now.
But I agree that it wasn't in his best interest to say that unless it's solely for wifom.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 30 2011 23:38 GMT
#3333
You're forgetting that it's because of the night 1 switch that we didn't have info on Lemon, which would have resulted in a 100% lynch. Don't be quick to dismiss him as being scum. If you were scum and you had BD, it makes perfect sense to keep your player out of the IG at night, no? And who better to switch him with than the only confirmed blue, just in case the bodyguards die.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 30 2011 23:42 GMT
#3334
On March 31 2011 08:38 CubEdIn wrote:
You're forgetting that it's because of the night 1 switch that we didn't have info on Lemon, which would have resulted in a 100% lynch. Don't be quick to dismiss him as being scum. If you were scum and you had BD, it makes perfect sense to keep your player out of the IG at night, no? And who better to switch him with than the only confirmed blue, just in case the bodyguards die.


Exactly. You going to get lynched tnkted if you don't do your non-MC able bus plan
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
March 31 2011 00:10 GMT
#3335
For the record, I think that Eiii is MUCH more likly scum than beneather. I would lean towards bussing him if I were you.

Also, Wifom is needed because simply bussing Jackal with mafia won't pervent Mafia from hitting mafia in order to kill Jackal. He cannot publiclly say who he is going to bus, or IF he i going to bus. This way Mafia cannot hit Either Jackal OR mafia without a chance of hitting mafia.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
March 31 2011 00:11 GMT
#3336
EBWODP:

Mafia = Group
mafia = single person
Sorry if that was confusing.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 31 2011 00:25 GMT
#3337
Well moves sent in. I think I'll be able to avoid dying tonight. I'll explain after the night flip what I did.

Assuming I'm alive of course.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 31 2011 00:29 GMT
#3338
Half hour left, right?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 31 2011 00:30 GMT
#3339
On March 31 2011 09:29 tnkted wrote:
Half hour left, right?


No, an hour and a half i thought.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
March 31 2011 00:39 GMT
#3340
I suggest you explain 1 minute before the day post, so that people can't change their votes but your post is not based on what is revealed in the day post.

Know what I'm saying? I want to know that your explanation makes sense before you know what happened during the night.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings48
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 146
ProTech145
ViBE144
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13812
Artosis 538
PianO 28
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
canceldota129
League of Legends
Doublelift3976
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1621
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe126
Other Games
summit1g7761
shahzam611
Day[9].tv451
C9.Mang0386
Maynarde86
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV134
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• RyuSc2 25
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1008
• Shiphtur582
• Day9tv451
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 18m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.