• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:08
CEST 19:08
KST 02:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12427 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 114

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 273 Next
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 28 2011 06:17 GMT
#2261
On March 28 2011 15:11 kevconsim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 15:07 Lanaia wrote:

15. kevconsim - I don't understand his play, he's being silly.


bold or red (both is i'm not sure of which) = scum, green = townie/blue, italics = unsure.





Can you explain why i am "being silly".

You aren't contributing, you're asking silly questions, haven't posted much if anything in your views.
Tell us, what are your views?
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
March 28 2011 06:17 GMT
#2262
Hey Tack

I also have a sub point here about Lemons vest. The items list we have is:
1) A Role Checker
2) An Alignment Checker
3) A bomb (potato)
4) A gun
5) A medic style item
6) A medic style item

This is insane mafia. Even though 2 of the other items are similar they are not identical. So why do we have a vest and bandages that seem to do the same things? Is that likely? Of course my item can protect others where as Lemons possibly does not need to be used. Either way I'm saying this is a tentative point to analyze.


The vest is not a medic style item, it is a veteran style item. It makes perfect sense and fits the pattern of the items.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 28 2011 06:18 GMT
#2263
On March 28 2011 15:17 orgolove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 15:07 Lanaia wrote:
11. orgolove - Pretty much admitted to not even reading 50 pages. Town wouldn't do that. (likely)


This is ridiculous. Did you not see the word yet? Where did I say that I am not going to read the past 50 pages? It's hard enough trying to find out the information among Coag's spam. But read over what I said carefully. Never did I say that I won't read the information.


I didn't say that you said that you WEREN'T going to read it. I know it's hard to read through spam but it's better to read it before posting, especially with "substantial content" over a total of 50 pages that may change your mind.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 28 2011 06:18 GMT
#2264
Ok I'm getting tired of repeating myself but here goes anyway:

On March 28 2011 15:01 chaoser wrote:
By jackals argument if I was green should I have let myself get shot or something? What would any other green do in my position?

Yes. You would want to get shot. Why? Cause if you flipped green, it'd be 1/4 chances of catching mafia in the item game. Since annul got shot, it would be 1/3 chance. You not dying made today be about you v Jackal again. If you had died, it would have been Jackal on the chopping block since it was his plan. Or we start looking at LW. If I was in your situation, I would have used my item to check Jackal or maybe LW, not steal some shit. Townies don't care much for living, only that they can somehow help town win.


You say if I flipped green it would have been 1:4 chance of catching mafia and 1:3 cos annul was shot.
#1 How would I know annul would be shot and hence take that into account?
#2 If i died it would be Jackal on the chopping block... Or LemonWalrus... So eventually you will get around to Or coag/Or annul right?
#3 If I DT check when I'm getting shot how exactly do I reveal that information to town? You're saying if I think i'm getting shot I should dt check and then let myself die.


2. No one is confirmed

No one is ever confirmed unless they're dead. There's no such thing as confirmation of alignment, even DTs can be insane and give wrong reads. The fact of the matter is, Jackal came out and FoS-ed you. His actions compared to your actions, in my head, shows that he is more town then you are. His plan makes sense while you haven't done a single thing for town. Your posts have been basically copies of other people's posts, and until Jackal FoSed you, you didn't give a single FoS or analysis of anyone else. You merely defended Bum's blueness, you didn't even call out annul as scum.


First of all read my posts before you call them copies.
Second I have suggested strategies in and out of the IG all game
Third if no one is ever confirmed why are those three constantly confirming it and making decisions BASED ON THOSE CONFIRMATIONS?


Why would I bus to annul? Annul claimed he was out of the game and outed his item power which affects me NOT AT ALL.

Annul was pretty much going to be read as town. RoL's stupid little gambit worked and annul's reaction was that of a town thinking he was dead, not of mafia. Mafia take things to the grave on the off chance something they said gives shit away, townies don't. That being said, it's better to get rid of a green that everyone knows is a green and then try to argue against someone who is less "confirmed" like Jackal.


You obviously haven't read my post properly. I said a better bus would be to lemon. You havent mentioned why that is wrong


4. Jackal can easily be mafia.
5. The IG is in grave peril

So making the assumption I'm green:
- I get lynched and flip green
- scum use their 2 KP to kill the other greens
- Red is last one standing and therefore red team get the items

Not true and a contradiction, if anything, I feel like IG is going to be won by town if both statements are true. It's just whether we have three confirmed townies or one. If you are green, you get lynched, it's 1 red, 2 green. We got medics, LW got a vest. If Jackal really is red like you said, then all we have to do is chill out, and tell LW to protect. It's a passive vest that makes him bullet proof. Mafia can't shoot into that shit. Black is lynched so he can't be black. Next day, we lynch Jackal. BOOM. Town wins IG.


This is a matter of opinion. Feeling we lynch a town tonight is acceptable doesn't mean you should gamble with the vote anyway. Use some logic maybe?

Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 28 2011 06:19 GMT
#2265
Also since this thread loves to jump on people for not posting a lot just letting you all know I've got an exam in 16 hours and I plan to spend every minute between now and then either sleeping or studying.

I might still post here and there though.

Happy scum-hunting.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
March 28 2011 06:20 GMT
#2266
Also, I was gonna point out what Chaoser or Coagulation pointed out above.

If you are town, stealing Jackal's item was retarded. The town thing to do would be to role-check someone. If you lived or died, you would be giving the town some great information. The much simpler explanation is that you are red.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 28 2011 06:21 GMT
#2267
kevconsim, there is typically no reason to ask the same question a couple times. Eventually someone will get to it (sooner rather than later). If it takes too long, ask again after a decent amount of time (I'm talking a couple of hours, not a couple of minutes). You could always have googled "mafia bus driver." The first result gives you the gist of what the role is.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 28 2011 06:23 GMT
#2268
@Jackal: Did anyone know your item before day 2 started?
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 28 2011 06:23 GMT
#2269
I got phantom 3/4 times tonight and got raped due to having not played in like 2 years. Sad day :/
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 28 2011 06:25 GMT
#2270
Now I admit it's possible that coagulation or lemon are scum. However for coag to shoot the person and bus himself is too alien to consider. For Lemon to be planning all this in his first game is possible given he has a PM circle - but seems unlikely.


You obviously haven't read my post properly. I said a better bus would be to lemon. You havent mentioned why that is wrong


Both are unlikely to you in the JACKAL MIGHT BE RED POST.

Your post pretty much says that you think JACKAL is red. In that case, we got item game won since point number 5, which is you trying to scare people into not voting for you, is wrong. SEE! WE GOTS IT YO!
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
March 28 2011 06:25 GMT
#2271
Also, it's pretty obvious by now that jackal and coagulation never had a plan to confirm each other. They decided early that they trusted each other, then that they trusted lemonwalrus and they made their plans from there. They lied to town about confirming each other so that we'd trust them and listen to them. I know LaL is a pretty good policy, but if their lies win town the item game... well, you can't argue with results.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 28 2011 06:26 GMT
#2272
This is a matter of opinion. Feeling we lynch a town tonight is acceptable doesn't mean you should gamble with the vote anyway. Use some logic maybe?


Nah son, it's straight up fact. Just like how there's a difference between loose and lose. That shit is grammar. That is a fact. Droppin' KNOWLEDGE!!
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 28 2011 06:27 GMT
#2273
OK well for the sake of the thread not getting flooded with circular arguments this is what im gonna do

Tackster is mafia.
its my gut feeling
and lemon walrus
and jackals
and annuls

can you argue about me having a gut feeling tackster? didnt think so.
im pretty sure i have raped enough scum as town to be given the time of die when it comes to town listening to my gut feeling.

so that ends it.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 28 2011 06:27 GMT
#2274
On March 28 2011 15:20 GGQ wrote:
Also, I was gonna point out what Chaoser or Coagulation pointed out above.

If you are town, stealing Jackal's item was retarded. The town thing to do would be to role-check someone. If you lived or died, you would be giving the town some great information. The much simpler explanation is that you are red.


By your standards:

Situation 1:
I DT check and get shot. Town now has more reason to lynch Jackal (GOOD)

Situation 2:
I DT check and some1 else gets shot. I 'claim' a check on Jackal that can't be confirmed and we end up in this situation. (BAD)

Situation 3:
I steal and get the gun. We're now in the same situation as yesterday except town gets to lynch instead of leaving the kill to someone else (VERY GOOD)

Situation 4:
I steal and don't get gun. I am shot. Same situation as 1. (GOOD)

Situation 5:
I steal and don't get gun. I am not shot. We are now in this position.(BAD)


So a DT check either has 50% chance for the positive result you're looking for or 50% this situation comes up.

A steal on the other hand has a 66% chance for a positive result or 33% this situation comes up.
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 28 2011 06:28 GMT
#2275
On March 28 2011 15:25 GGQ wrote:
Also, it's pretty obvious by now that jackal and coagulation never had a plan to confirm each other. They decided early that they trusted each other, then that they trusted lemonwalrus and they made their plans from there. They lied to town about confirming each other so that we'd trust them and listen to them. I know LaL is a pretty good policy, but if their lies win town the item game... well, you can't argue with results.


This is not true!
i have a role! i can in fact check any item and tell the previous users alignment.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 28 2011 06:28 GMT
#2276
the item is destroyed in the process !
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 28 2011 06:30 GMT
#2277
On March 28 2011 15:27 Coagulation wrote:
OK well for the sake of the thread not getting flooded with circular arguments this is what im gonna do

Tackster is mafia.
its my gut feeling
and lemon walrus
and jackals
and annuls

can you argue about me having a gut feeling tackster? didnt think so.
im pretty sure i have raped enough scum as town to be given the time of die when it comes to town listening to my gut feeling.

so that ends it.


Well that's easy to argue -

Logic > A gut feeling
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 28 2011 06:30 GMT
#2278
we decided if we just shot tackster there would be no need for confirmation when he flips red!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 28 2011 06:31 GMT
#2279
Oh I think I remembered the other part.

Well, looks like people aren't really using their items well. Only one person was able to use his item. Only problem is that he found himself in the wrong place. He stood over the dead body of Annul and wondered what happened. And why was there two bullets when he only loaded one in his gun? And what's up with all the blood smeared on him?

From what I recall you don't answer this. If what you are saying is correct coagulation then Annul and Tack were bussed, meaning all night actions focused on one hits the other and vice versa.

The first part of the bold seems to infer that he was shot twice. Once by you, and once by another. While the second part implies that you were the one who was bussed, because YOU are the confused one.

So what you are saying can't follow a logical progression of thought. You hit Tack and the mafia bussed tack and annul to save him, meaning someone else would of also had to hit tack for Annul to have gotten shot twice.

But if we accept those events then we have to ask ourselves why the third party (or mafia?) would hit tack while bussing him while KNOWING you were going to try to hit him too.

Something just seems off, unless you can explain that and I misread something.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 28 2011 06:32 GMT
#2280
On March 28 2011 15:25 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
Now I admit it's possible that coagulation or lemon are scum. However for coag to shoot the person and bus himself is too alien to consider. For Lemon to be planning all this in his first game is possible given he has a PM circle - but seems unlikely.


Show nested quote +
You obviously haven't read my post properly. I said a better bus would be to lemon. You havent mentioned why that is wrong


Both are unlikely to you in the JACKAL MIGHT BE RED POST.

Your post pretty much says that you think JACKAL is red. In that case, we got item game won since point number 5, which is you trying to scare people into not voting for you, is wrong. SEE! WE GOTS IT YO!


So you're entire point there was rather than check any points I made just go with

If we lynch tack maybe he's mafia
If not we can gamble to hopefully win the IG

I should just not try and defend myself and agree to gamble the IG away?

Why don't you instead tell me why what I wrote is wrong. If in fact what I wrote leads to a conclusion where Jackal is the likely mafia we are STILL in the situation you mentioned + we used logic to get there = more likely we lynch mafia
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM949
TKL 398
IndyStarCraft 276
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 949
ByuN 438
TKL 398
IndyStarCraft 276
BRAT_OK 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47613
Calm 3052
firebathero 159
actioN 149
Free 39
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 29
Rock 25
Pusan 24
Aegong 17
[ Show more ]
soO 17
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9075
Dendi1124
League of Legends
Reynor278
Counter-Strike
fl0m5002
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu75
MindelVK12
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1944
singsing1797
FrodaN904
B2W.Neo784
Beastyqt687
olofmeister481
Mlord476
Khaldor431
KnowMe298
crisheroes191
Livibee117
ToD0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick198
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 26
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach50
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV544
League of Legends
• Nemesis3100
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1481
Other Games
• Shiphtur714
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 52m
OSC
5h 52m
Replay Cast
5h 52m
OSC
18h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.