• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6724 users

TL Mafia: Boot Camp - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
November 13 2010 13:18 GMT
#61
Something I don't think is being addressed is how newer players will treat veterans differently to other newer players. It's a lot, lot easier for Ace or L to sway the general opinion then someone like me. I'm definitely a victim of this and it sucks.

oh yeah i'm totally /in when this starts
lalala
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 13 2010 13:33 GMT
#62
Well honestly part of the reason I sway people is because after a ton of games where the Town didn't listen to me, and then I die people "get it" and realize I'm pretty good at finding Scum.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 13 2010 13:56 GMT
#63
I'd love to be /in on this. I think I've already learned a lot from hosting Insane mafia, but getting better is always good.
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 13 2010 19:26 GMT
#64
On November 13 2010 22:33 Ace wrote:
Well honestly part of the reason I sway people is because after a ton of games where the Town didn't listen to me, and then I die people "get it" and realize I'm pretty good at finding Scum.


I think people listen to you a lot more when you're mafia than when you're town haha.

But yes there is a very long list of games where town failed to listen. I don't even want to count.

On November 13 2010 22:18 youngminii wrote:
Something I don't think is being addressed is how newer players will treat veterans differently to other newer players. It's a lot, lot easier for Ace or L to sway the general opinion then someone like me. I'm definitely a victim of this and it sucks.

oh yeah i'm totally /in when this starts


Reputation is a double edged sword though. People listen to you more but you are also under much closer scrutiny and people are more apt to get suspicious of you for no reason other than you're alive.
Liquipedia
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 13 2010 19:27 GMT
#65
Let's get a first game going after BC's then.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
November 13 2010 20:31 GMT
#66
On November 14 2010 04:27 flamewheel wrote:
Let's get a first game going after BC's then.


when this actually starts, new thread please.
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 13 2010 23:30 GMT
#67
On November 14 2010 04:26 Ver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2010 22:18 youngminii wrote:
Something I don't think is being addressed is how newer players will treat veterans differently to other newer players. It's a lot, lot easier for Ace or L to sway the general opinion then someone like me. I'm definitely a victim of this and it sucks.

oh yeah i'm totally /in when this starts


Reputation is a double edged sword though. People listen to you more but you are also under much closer scrutiny and people are more apt to get suspicious of you for no reason other than you're alive.

It's more than that. You are under pressure to be very active, and people expect you to just be able to nab mafia every game without them doing anything. This can be great if you're mafia because it is pretty easy to build up sheep bandwagons, but it can be pretty stressful as town because you have to be on your game all the time.
Uff Da
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
November 13 2010 23:38 GMT
#68
Can I at least get in on a role list to just watch the game? I haven't done this before and would like to sit back and watch the game unfold from the other side of the looking glass
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 13 2010 23:41 GMT
#69
On November 14 2010 08:38 Amber[LighT] wrote:
Can I at least get in on a role list to just watch the game? I haven't done this before and would like to sit back and watch the game unfold from the other side of the looking glass

It's actually better for learning if you talk to the host and get roles in bits and pieces. As in you ask the host to check your reads as you make them, rather than just watching how everyone plays their role.
Uff Da
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
November 14 2010 06:11 GMT
#70
Well I would certainly be up for this. I'm another one of those newish mediocre players that half lurks his way though every game and I would like to change that. But I definitely need to wait until sengoku is over, I found out a few games ago that I cannot handle two games at once.
I can already see the ending
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
November 14 2010 06:51 GMT
#71
On November 14 2010 15:11 DCLXVI wrote:
Well I would certainly be up for this. I'm another one of those newish mediocre players that half lurks his way though every game and I would like to change that. But I definitely need to wait until sengoku is over, I found out a few games ago that I cannot handle two games at once.


Its ok if you can't do two games at once. I frown upon people playing in multiple games at one. Diverts attention and makes people less invested in each game. Just playing in one game should suck up enough time already. Ask Ver or Qatol. Multiple games also allows for slipups.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 14 2010 06:55 GMT
#72
On November 14 2010 15:51 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 15:11 DCLXVI wrote:
Well I would certainly be up for this. I'm another one of those newish mediocre players that half lurks his way though every game and I would like to change that. But I definitely need to wait until sengoku is over, I found out a few games ago that I cannot handle two games at once.


Its ok if you can't do two games at once. I frown upon people playing in multiple games at one. Diverts attention and makes people less invested in each game. Just playing in one game should suck up enough time already. Ask Ver or Qatol. Multiple games also allows for slipups.

God spending up to 10 hours a day on XXVIII was ridiculous. So much lurking so much planning so much PM crafting. Definitely couldn't have handled two games at once.

Of course a new thread will be started. It's just like any other game.
Amber if you want the role list up to you but listen to le Qatol (too lazy to check now)
youngminii not looking to change how veterans are viewed too much. Just trying to even out the playing ground more.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 14 2010 07:14 GMT
#73
On November 14 2010 04:27 flamewheel wrote:
Let's get a first game going after BC's then.

Me and BC were actually talking and I think we are going to try to turn this into some sort of bootcamp game, but we haven't really talked specifically on how that is going to work out. I figured boot camp games would be small not 30ish players but I will talk with him and we will post something soon hopefully.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
November 14 2010 07:48 GMT
#74
There are like 20 people who have asked for permision to view the mafia thread and are currently waiting acceptance. Someone should PM Plexa and have him let those people in before this starts so they have a chance to observe/participate in a normal game like this right off the bat.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 14 2010 08:07 GMT
#75
lol you should of just PMed Plexa instead of posting here o_O
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 14 2010 08:25 GMT
#76
On November 14 2010 16:14 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 04:27 flamewheel wrote:
Let's get a first game going after BC's then.

Me and BC were actually talking and I think we are going to try to turn this into some sort of bootcamp game, but we haven't really talked specifically on how that is going to work out. I figured boot camp games would be small not 30ish players but I will talk with him and we will post something soon hopefully.

That can work even if it's smaller than 30.

Going to come up with a list of pre-determined setups that hosts can be used (tweaked for 25, 30, 35, etc.) since that makes it more clearly defined than letting a host "tweak a setup within reason".

On November 14 2010 16:48 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
There are like 20 people who have asked for permision to view the mafia thread and are currently waiting acceptance. Someone should PM Plexa and have him let those people in before this starts so they have a chance to observe/participate in a normal game like this right off the bat.

I don't think Plexa likes being disturbed much with regards to this. He does it periodically enough though, so they won't have too long to wait.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 14 2010 08:53 GMT
#77
Since I'm a nub who hasn't won a game here at TL yet, I'll be /in when this starts, any unexpected time commitments notwithstanding.
Translator:3
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
November 14 2010 18:27 GMT
#78
This might be the first large roster normal game I'm actually considering of joining in.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 14 2010 19:07 GMT
#79
On November 14 2010 16:14 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 04:27 flamewheel wrote:
Let's get a first game going after BC's then.

Me and BC were actually talking and I think we are going to try to turn this into some sort of bootcamp game, but we haven't really talked specifically on how that is going to work out. I figured boot camp games would be small not 30ish players but I will talk with him and we will post something soon hopefully.


20-30 is best imo, preferably closer to 30. The 30 person games have been the standard and gotten consistently solid results.

If bootcamp games are too small then they'll just get stale over time due to less variety.
Liquipedia
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
November 14 2010 19:50 GMT
#80
On November 14 2010 15:55 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 15:51 Incognito wrote:
On November 14 2010 15:11 DCLXVI wrote:
Well I would certainly be up for this. I'm another one of those newish mediocre players that half lurks his way though every game and I would like to change that. But I definitely need to wait until sengoku is over, I found out a few games ago that I cannot handle two games at once.


Its ok if you can't do two games at once. I frown upon people playing in multiple games at one. Diverts attention and makes people less invested in each game. Just playing in one game should suck up enough time already. Ask Ver or Qatol. Multiple games also allows for slipups.

God spending up to 10 hours a day on XXVIII was ridiculous. So much lurking so much planning so much PM crafting. Definitely couldn't have handled two games at once.

Of course a new thread will be started. It's just like any other game.
Amber if you want the role list up to you but listen to le Qatol (too lazy to check now)
youngminii not looking to change how veterans are viewed too much. Just trying to even out the playing ground more.


I will probably do Qatols suggestion. I'll keep checking and get in touch with the mods. Good luck to the newbies
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 744
actioN 663
BeSt 340
Killer 226
Mong 149
Dewaltoss 112
sorry 69
sSak 39
ZergMaN 35
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Larva 30
Bale 29
NotJumperer 22
ToSsGirL 18
yabsab 16
Noble 12
HiyA 4
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister983
Happy365
Sick187
crisheroes180
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe106
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV114
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 57m
Replay Cast
13h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.