• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9339 users

TL Mafia: Boot Camp - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 23 2010 04:07 GMT
#101
QATOL DO I QUALIFY?!?!?

I WIN GAMES
+ Show Spoiler +
Generally for the other team, but still!
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
November 23 2010 04:48 GMT
#102
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.


Well, I don't quite qualify then. =)
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 23 2010 05:26 GMT
#103
On November 23 2010 11:54 kingjames01 wrote:
Alright, that's a fair and nice way to tell me that you don't think I'm good enough yet... =)

Also, I plan to be hosting a game just after the new year... I won't reveal any details or who has been helping me just yet, but I'll eventually need to pass it through the Mafia council to have a judgement about balance.

Yah yah just send it to us for balance.

On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.

I don't think I've singlehandedly won a game though?
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
November 23 2010 05:55 GMT
#104
Well, weren't you the Village Idiot in XXXI? =)
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 23 2010 05:56 GMT
#105
Oh wait true forgot about that haha.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 05:59:16
November 23 2010 05:56 GMT
#106
These are the topics/focuses of each analyst as far as I know.

Flamewheel - Looking through a townie's eyes: How townies should use thread information
Ver - Attention worthy points: What good players focus on and what they ignore
Incognito - Important points and players: A look at who, how, and why people did or did not impact the game.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 23 2010 06:24 GMT
#107
On November 23 2010 13:07 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
QATOL DO I QUALIFY?!?!?

I WIN GAMES
+ Show Spoiler +
Generally for the other team, but still!

Your performance in Mafia 5 will live on forever.
Uff Da
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 23 2010 06:37 GMT
#108
On November 23 2010 14:26 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 11:54 kingjames01 wrote:
Alright, that's a fair and nice way to tell me that you don't think I'm good enough yet... =)

Also, I plan to be hosting a game just after the new year... I won't reveal any details or who has been helping me just yet, but I'll eventually need to pass it through the Mafia council to have a judgement about balance.

Yah yah just send it to us for balance.

Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.

I don't think I've singlehandedly won a game though?

The VI game and from what I understand, you had a pretty major impact on a scum win from a pretty heavily town-favored setup in XXVIII.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 23 2010 19:10 GMT
#109
That game was awesome. Caller as ROFLing so hard.

Anyway I suppose its time that I write the day post

SIGHH!!!!
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 24 2010 05:22 GMT
#110
On November 23 2010 13:48 kingjames01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.


Well, I don't quite qualify then. =)


The only special thing about the "analysts" is that they'll be in the OP of the bootcamp thread. You (and anyone else) can chime in their thoughts in the actual thread. Hopefully we can have some nice discussions and see various POV's.
Liquipedia
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
November 24 2010 07:12 GMT
#111
On November 24 2010 14:22 Ver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 13:48 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.


Well, I don't quite qualify then. =)


The only special thing about the "analysts" is that they'll be in the OP of the bootcamp thread. You (and anyone else) can chime in their thoughts in the actual thread. Hopefully we can have some nice discussions and see various POV's.


Do you really want non-players/non-analysts to post during the game?

What format would you allow that will minimize the impact on the flow and not detract from the game itself?
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 24 2010 08:15 GMT
#112
On November 24 2010 16:12 kingjames01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 14:22 Ver wrote:
On November 23 2010 13:48 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.


Well, I don't quite qualify then. =)


The only special thing about the "analysts" is that they'll be in the OP of the bootcamp thread. You (and anyone else) can chime in their thoughts in the actual thread. Hopefully we can have some nice discussions and see various POV's.


Do you really want non-players/non-analysts to post during the game?

What format would you allow that will minimize the impact on the flow and not detract from the game itself?


There is the normal game thread, and then there will be the bootcamp analysis thread posted after the game. It's a separate thread with a specific purpose because the normal end of game talk is usually just whining and ego boosting; useful posts get lost fast in that.

So in the bootcamp thread the OP will have the "analysis" and then everyone, players and observers, can discuss the analysis/events of the game.
Liquipedia
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 24 2010 08:53 GMT
#113
But yeah, no posting game-relevant information while it's still going!
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
November 24 2010 13:40 GMT
#114
On November 24 2010 17:15 Ver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 16:12 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 24 2010 14:22 Ver wrote:
On November 23 2010 13:48 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.


Well, I don't quite qualify then. =)


The only special thing about the "analysts" is that they'll be in the OP of the bootcamp thread. You (and anyone else) can chime in their thoughts in the actual thread. Hopefully we can have some nice discussions and see various POV's.


Do you really want non-players/non-analysts to post during the game?

What format would you allow that will minimize the impact on the flow and not detract from the game itself?


There is the normal game thread, and then there will be the bootcamp analysis thread posted after the game. It's a separate thread with a specific purpose because the normal end of game talk is usually just whining and ego boosting; useful posts get lost fast in that.

So in the bootcamp thread the OP will have the "analysis" and then everyone, players and observers, can discuss the analysis/events of the game.


If we still want to sit on the sidelines and analyze the game without being noted as an analyst can we do that? I don't think my analysis would really benefit the players or you all anyway, but like I said previously I want to almost play the game without actually playing, if that makes sense.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
November 24 2010 16:44 GMT
#115
On November 24 2010 22:40 Amber[LighT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 17:15 Ver wrote:
On November 24 2010 16:12 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 24 2010 14:22 Ver wrote:
On November 23 2010 13:48 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.


Well, I don't quite qualify then. =)


The only special thing about the "analysts" is that they'll be in the OP of the bootcamp thread. You (and anyone else) can chime in their thoughts in the actual thread. Hopefully we can have some nice discussions and see various POV's.


Do you really want non-players/non-analysts to post during the game?

What format would you allow that will minimize the impact on the flow and not detract from the game itself?


There is the normal game thread, and then there will be the bootcamp analysis thread posted after the game. It's a separate thread with a specific purpose because the normal end of game talk is usually just whining and ego boosting; useful posts get lost fast in that.

So in the bootcamp thread the OP will have the "analysis" and then everyone, players and observers, can discuss the analysis/events of the game.


If we still want to sit on the sidelines and analyze the game without being noted as an analyst can we do that? I don't think my analysis would really benefit the players or you all anyway, but like I said previously I want to almost play the game without actually playing, if that makes sense.

Nobody's stopping you from doing that ^^. If you want to share your analysis after the game ends, no one's going to say "you're not allowed" to share your thoughts or anything. lol.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 24 2010 17:31 GMT
#116
On November 24 2010 22:40 Amber[LighT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 17:15 Ver wrote:
On November 24 2010 16:12 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 24 2010 14:22 Ver wrote:
On November 23 2010 13:48 kingjames01 wrote:
On November 23 2010 12:50 Qatol wrote:
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.


Well, I don't quite qualify then. =)


The only special thing about the "analysts" is that they'll be in the OP of the bootcamp thread. You (and anyone else) can chime in their thoughts in the actual thread. Hopefully we can have some nice discussions and see various POV's.


Do you really want non-players/non-analysts to post during the game?

What format would you allow that will minimize the impact on the flow and not detract from the game itself?


There is the normal game thread, and then there will be the bootcamp analysis thread posted after the game. It's a separate thread with a specific purpose because the normal end of game talk is usually just whining and ego boosting; useful posts get lost fast in that.

So in the bootcamp thread the OP will have the "analysis" and then everyone, players and observers, can discuss the analysis/events of the game.


If we still want to sit on the sidelines and analyze the game without being noted as an analyst can we do that? I don't think my analysis would really benefit the players or you all anyway, but like I said previously I want to almost play the game without actually playing, if that makes sense.


Yeah that's half the point. There isn't good postgame discussion normally so the goal is that everyone will join in and there can be group emphasis on learning from games. Just post your thoughts anyways once its over even if you don't think it'll help anyone. It might stimulate some discussion or give people ideas.
Liquipedia
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
November 24 2010 17:35 GMT
#117
Ah that makes sense. =)
Okay, I look forward to the end of the game and learning what I can.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 25 2010 02:00 GMT
#118
Yeah, what ver said. Anyone can post analysis or constructive criticism. Just send it to us and we will add it into the OP in the next thread. I am probably going to do an analysis as well just because I am going to be reading the game anyway o_O. Depends how much time I have.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
November 25 2010 03:06 GMT
#119
On November 13 2010 09:03 SiNiquity wrote:
Tentatively in ~ depends on when this thing actually starts (Thanksgiving & Christmas I won't be near any internet devices).

QQ
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 08:54:44
December 01 2010 08:52 GMT
#120
I'd be interested in analysing any games I'm not participating in. I'd prefer to host the next boot camp game rather than participate and while I'm not as good of a player as most of the vets, I think I have something to contribute.

I don't think I quite have the clout to be listed as an official analyst or anything, but I'll chime in with my thoughts. I need to work on my scumhunting for sure and my tendency to go for high risk/high reward plays runs pretty flagrantly against what a lot of people consider "good".

RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 42
CosmosSc2 36
trigger 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Sea.KH 57
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4910
qojqva2248
Dendi1456
420jenkins522
Fuzer 9
Counter-Strike
fl0m3135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor938
Liquid`Hasu714
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt710
Mlord455
byalli393
Livibee215
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS139
KnowMe91
QueenE66
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1203
League of Legends
• Nemesis3489
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
Replay Cast
8h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.