• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9248 users

TL Mafia: Boot Camp - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
November 14 2010 21:48 GMT
#81
I'd like to sign up for one of these games as well, when they start. I know I have a lot to learn about playing Mafia, and this seems like a nice idea for helping everyone improve, especially if you're using more classic setups and roles.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 14 2010 21:55 GMT
#82
O_O

Hi dreamflower~
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
November 14 2010 22:00 GMT
#83
Hi flamewheel!
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
November 14 2010 22:35 GMT
#84
On November 15 2010 04:07 Ver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2010 16:14 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On November 14 2010 04:27 flamewheel wrote:
Let's get a first game going after BC's then.

Me and BC were actually talking and I think we are going to try to turn this into some sort of bootcamp game, but we haven't really talked specifically on how that is going to work out. I figured boot camp games would be small not 30ish players but I will talk with him and we will post something soon hopefully.


20-30 is best imo, preferably closer to 30. The 30 person games have been the standard and gotten consistently solid results.

If bootcamp games are too small then they'll just get stale over time due to less variety.


Endorsed!
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 16 2010 23:17 GMT
#85
I'd be interested in joining one of these too, it sounds awesome especially since I've never played mafia before
Moderator
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 17 2010 05:17 GMT
#86
On November 17 2010 14:17 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Alright so here is how the current situation for bootcamp is going to run. I want everyone interested in being an analyzer of the game PM me and I will comprise a list of the analyzers. Here is what I will do, based on how many analyzers we get I will divide the number of players by the number of analyzers and each analyzer will get a group of players who they will critique. So say we get 5 analyzers who volunteer they will watch the entire game play out with a focus on 6 players each and after it is over they will release their individual analysis's. If the analyzers wishes, we will release a role list if they feel it will help them analyze the game better, if they prefer to do it without knowing roles then we will not give the role list. If anyone asks the analyzer I request that tell them you chose not to have the role list to avoid potential leaks.


Volunteers, PM me.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 18 2010 18:51 GMT
#87
Yeah Salem mafia is the first bootcamp and has 5 slots still so hurry up! I guarantee you'll learn a lot from participating actively.
Liquipedia
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
November 18 2010 19:36 GMT
#88
Very nice idea, if there is any way I can help let me know. I typically don't have time during the day anymore but can put in 5-10h per week in the evenings.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 18 2010 21:23 GMT
#89
NEED MORE ANALYZERS!!!!
Citizen you seem to be busy, I will have you for a back up analyzer if necessary.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
November 18 2010 22:27 GMT
#90
On November 19 2010 06:23 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
NEED MORE ANALYZERS!!!!
Citizen you seem to be busy, I will have you for a back up analyzer if necessary.


So far is it just Ver/me? Where is Qatol/Foolishness/Ace etc.?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 19 2010 01:13 GMT
#91
On November 19 2010 07:27 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2010 06:23 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
NEED MORE ANALYZERS!!!!
Citizen you seem to be busy, I will have you for a back up analyzer if necessary.


So far is it just Ver/me? Where is Qatol/Foolishness/Ace etc.?

Qatol is studying way too hard to play much less analyze.
Uff Da
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 19 2010 01:15 GMT
#92
I'm available
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 19 2010 16:00 GMT
#93
On November 19 2010 10:15 Ace wrote:
I'm available

Well, if I have to start taking lessor analyzers because of the lack of volunteers, I guess you will do.

+ Show Spoiler +
<3
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
November 19 2010 19:05 GMT
#94
This is an excellent idea.
SUNSFANNED
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
November 22 2010 06:02 GMT
#95
Whoever is going to analyze for Salem Mafia: we should probably come up with some method so we can make a coherent post-game analysis. For that we first need to know who is analyzing...
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 22 2010 15:18 GMT
#96
Yeah, as soon as I get 1-2 more analyzers I want all of us to meet in IRC and talk over how we are going to do this.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
November 22 2010 15:34 GMT
#97
What kind of credentials do you need to become an analyzer?

I haven't respond before now since I have a personal rule that I won't participate in more than 1 game at a time... However, Caller's game is soooooooo slow that I'm willing to become involved in another game.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 23 2010 01:56 GMT
#98
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
November 23 2010 02:54 GMT
#99
Alright, that's a fair and nice way to tell me that you don't think I'm good enough yet... =)

Also, I plan to be hosting a game just after the new year... I won't reveal any details or who has been helping me just yet, but I'll eventually need to pass it through the Mafia council to have a judgement about balance.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 23 2010 03:50 GMT
#100
On November 23 2010 10:56 flamewheel wrote:
Hmm well we don't really want to restrict who can and can't no? That'd be elitist!

But for this first one probably let hosts (all people currently signed up to analyze currently are hosts) do this one just so you can have a basis in future games. Then I'd say it should be [reasonably] open to anybody.

Every player on the list has pretty much singlehandedly won at least one game as well. I realize I'm being a little elitist here, but I think it is worth it not to compromise. I would feel better with coaches who have consistently provided results.
Uff Da
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 42
CosmosSc2 36
trigger 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Sea.KH 57
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4910
qojqva2248
Dendi1456
420jenkins522
Fuzer 9
Counter-Strike
fl0m3135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor938
Liquid`Hasu714
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt710
Mlord455
byalli393
Livibee215
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS139
KnowMe91
QueenE66
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1203
League of Legends
• Nemesis3489
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
Replay Cast
8h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.