• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6691 users

TL Mafia: Boot Camp - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
November 12 2010 22:04 GMT
#41
Ver get on IM!!
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 12 2010 22:36 GMT
#42
Who exactly can join?
I'm not exactly new but I'm certainly not a great player .

What's like the cut off.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-12 23:10:39
November 12 2010 23:09 GMT
#43
This is exactly the sort of thing that I'm looking for. =O I'd love to be able to play some of these games, provided I have the time.

EDIT: Hell yeah, got mah Dragoon! Thought it was 3 months from Zealot to Dragoon... I'm not complaining, though!
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 12 2010 23:12 GMT
#44
On November 13 2010 07:36 Pandain wrote:
Who exactly can join?
I'm not exactly new but I'm certainly not a great player .

What's like the cut off.

Anybody who actually wants to improve.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 12 2010 23:13 GMT
#45
On November 13 2010 07:00 Ver wrote:
Reception is good enough. We should be able to do one pretty soon.

All we need to get this going then are hosts and formats. Anyone willing to host/co host? For formats we'll figure something out shortly but we can do it one of two ways:

1) One standard formula with previous acceptable deviations used. Host can deviate a bit as well, just needs to contact someone from balance crew to make sure it works okay.

2) A number of standard formulas per player count that host randomly picks. (what mafiascum does)

Incognito and I have the first one~
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
November 12 2010 23:15 GMT
#46
On November 13 2010 08:12 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2010 07:36 Pandain wrote:
Who exactly can join?
I'm not exactly new but I'm certainly not a great player .

What's like the cut off.

Anybody who actually wants to improve.


I want to improve
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
November 13 2010 00:03 GMT
#47
Tentatively in ~ depends on when this thing actually starts (Thanksgiving & Christmas I won't be near any internet devices).
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
November 13 2010 01:00 GMT
#48
Oh i wanna improve! :D
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 13 2010 01:25 GMT
#49
Sounds helpful ^_^
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-13 03:00:10
November 13 2010 02:59 GMT
#50
I'm interested! :D
darkness overpowering
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
November 13 2010 04:24 GMT
#51
Sign me up. Its about time that I learn some strategies of how to own noobies.
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
November 13 2010 05:54 GMT
#52
On November 13 2010 13:24 Folca wrote:
Sign me up. Its about time that I learn some strategies of how to own noobies.

Pointer #1, don't role claim Day 1 detective unless for some reason you think you are going to die.
Pointer #2, one of the most key elements to remember as mafia to remain hidden is to not give up your entire team list to the town.

<3 i am just messing with you, this should be a good experience for everyone and should help cure your boredom.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 13 2010 06:24 GMT
#53
On November 13 2010 14:54 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2010 13:24 Folca wrote:
Sign me up. Its about time that I learn some strategies of how to own noobies.

Pointer #1, don't role claim Day 1 detective unless for some reason you think you are going to die.
Pointer #2, one of the most key elements to remember as mafia to remain hidden is to not give up your entire team list to the town.

<3 i am just messing with you, this should be a good experience for everyone and should help cure your boredom.

Actually I don't think his first move was that bad. He kept an important mafia player from influencing the town too much early on. Now he probably should have done it through a mouth, but calling out mafia Ace on day 1 is not bad, especially considering Ace had more influence back then than he does now.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-13 06:30:50
November 13 2010 06:30 GMT
#54
lol yeah I actually agree Qatol, it wasn't overall a bad move since there are medics in the game. I was mostly joking with him because I actually have known Folca for around 5 years from a clan we were in together. I think its funny that that game kind of set precedent for us changing detective roles to check at night, then receive information during the day if you are still alive.

Edit: Although, iirc a few games lead to us changing that a bit.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 13 2010 06:50 GMT
#55
I believe it happened after that series of games where:

Mafia 3: Folca checked Ace Day 1.
BC's 1st Game: Qatol and Camlito checked me Day 1
Caller's Aborted Game: You "checked" Ace Day 1
Caller's 1st Game: BC "checked" Mikeymoo Day 1

All 4 in a row, not including Ace's Mafia world which didn't have day checks and had GFs.
Liquipedia
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-13 07:41:57
November 13 2010 07:40 GMT
#56
On November 13 2010 15:50 Ver wrote:
I believe it happened after that series of games where:

Mafia 3: Folca checked Ace Day 1.
BC's 1st Game: Qatol and Camlito checked me Day 1
Caller's Aborted Game: You "checked" Ace Day 1
Caller's 1st Game: BC "checked" Mikeymoo Day 1

All 4 in a row, not including Ace's Mafia world which didn't have day checks and had GFs.

We still had day 1 rolechecks in TL Mafia 4 as well. The rolechecking at night didn't start until TL Mafia V, but it was influenced by the day 1 rolechecks (or "rolechecks") you mentioned, mostly because a lot of the people you mentioned were involved in the early balance talks and thought they were a little too strong that early in the game.
Uff Da
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
November 13 2010 07:43 GMT
#57
On November 13 2010 03:30 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 19:01 Node wrote:
After Haunted and Insane Mafia, as well as the current ongoing Assassin in the Palace, I'd love a standard game + coaching to get more in the groove. I've had fun in the games I've been in, but with the ridiculously large number of players and posts along with wacky rules it's all a bit overwhelming.

In other words, sign me up!

IMO you are one of the best newbies


Baww, I'm honored.

I feel like I can play decently, but I have trouble actually contributing. Maybe part of it is that I've only played town so far, maybe a different perspective would give me more direction.
whole lies with a half smile
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
November 13 2010 07:52 GMT
#58
Really everyone who wants to improve can join. Unless you're one of the top few players I think you could definitely benefit from this. Don't see any sense in denying anyone even if they're reasonably experienced here.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
potatoedoughnut
Profile Joined July 2008
United States334 Posts
November 13 2010 08:27 GMT
#59
I'd be interested in this. As a newb I've stayed away from the theme games, but would like a normal, and some how to play is just a bonus. Of course timing may limit my availability due to holidays.
Eagles may soar, but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 13 2010 12:59 GMT
#60
Well the good thing is some of the newer players are way smarter than us when we first started ^_^
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 112
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister983
Happy339
Sick199
crisheroes180
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe106
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos900
• Stunt438
Other Games
• WagamamaTV114
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 58m
Replay Cast
13h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.