• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8393 users

TL Mafia XXVIII - Page 189

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 193 Next
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 05 2010 02:54 GMT
#3761
On August 05 2010 11:19 rastaban wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 11:15 youngminii wrote:
Dw I'll go back and revise my play.

And uhh, I'll make it eventually


I really wished that chaoser had been scum because your play reminded me of this. Focusing on Scum

When I did my post analysis of Chaoser I noticed that he and I had played almost identically, I was hoping I wouldn't get called on it due to the shortage of time and him being defensive.


nope everyone was pretty much inactive by this time except the mob so it was pretty unlikely you'd get called on anything

well played!
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
August 05 2010 02:59 GMT
#3762
On August 05 2010 10:58 Ace wrote:
@citizen: Then your point makes sense. If it was to setup a circle then I completely understand the urgency you did it under. It still doesn't change the fact that players would assume you were lying so how did you expect to gain their trust?

Thinking about the point you made where the worst thing that could happen is you get lynched (it did): Where does the town go from there? . Was there a plan to keep the DTs invincible and hidden that just didn't pan out? There didn't even have to be a counter-claim because once you die and flip non-hatter they just move on. Iirc the town has no idea there is an actual hatter, just that they have 2 night killing roles. But I'm not assuming hatters are valuable for their bombs, more so that if you were a real hatter how are you so sure you placed bombs on scum. I actually don't even think the mad hatter role is that good :/

ETA: Also while the plan was bad, the result was good and I think I agreed with that sentiment in PMs. BC and rastaban got outted, and Brownbear is correct that reading back and looking at how the other DT circle got broken Protact was the last person in the circle alive after Pandain's death. I'm not blaming you as if you lost the town the game, I just don't think Town fake claims work out in a situation where you don't have a guilty result or a confirmed townie in the open.

Blasphemy!
In all seriousness, it is either a strong role or a weak role. If the hatter can figure out who a few of the mafia are quickly, but aren't able to push a lynch, it can be a very strong role. Dreamflower from mafia 15 comes to mind. Otherwise, it is a weak role.
Uff Da
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
August 05 2010 03:01 GMT
#3763
dreamflower imba!

I loved reading that game.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 05 2010 03:04 GMT
#3764
meh, I just think if given the choice I'd rather take a 1 shot vigilante over a hatter any day. Way stronger and more useful since they can confirm themselves without dying.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
August 05 2010 03:04 GMT
#3765
my list for final mafia were rastaban and pyrr + random cause it seemed JUST like BC to pull a cover with rastaban sayign BC claimed DT to him and wtf to do to buy him time and then his huge post on me was the tipping point. And the fact that pyrr wasn't dead yet seemed weird, he's a strong player regardless so for him to be town and not die sent off huge warning signs. Oh well. GG, at that point I was wayyyy too tired from my trip/interview to make any real argument, I ended up passing out
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
August 05 2010 03:17 GMT
#3766
i just wanna apologize for giving up after citi flipped town. i was really frustrated and honestly didn't feel like playing anymore.
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 05 2010 03:20 GMT
#3767
On August 05 2010 12:17 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
i just wanna apologize for giving up after citi flipped town. i was really frustrated and honestly didn't feel like playing anymore.



i hardly felt like going when the rules starting changing on the fly

it hurt the entire time
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 05 2010 03:21 GMT
#3768
On August 05 2010 10:58 Ace wrote:
@citizen: Then your point makes sense. If it was to setup a circle then I completely understand the urgency you did it under. It still doesn't change the fact that players would assume you were lying so how did you expect to gain their trust?

Thinking about the point you made where the worst thing that could happen is you get lynched (it did): Where does the town go from there? . Was there a plan to keep the DTs invincible and hidden that just didn't pan out? There didn't even have to be a counter-claim because once you die and flip non-hatter they just move on. Iirc the town has no idea there is an actual hatter, just that they have 2 night killing roles. But I'm not assuming hatters are valuable for their bombs, more so that if you were a real hatter how are you so sure you placed bombs on scum. I actually don't even think the mad hatter role is that good :/

ETA: Also while the plan was bad, the result was good and I think I agreed with that sentiment in PMs. BC and rastaban got outted, and Brownbear is correct that reading back and looking at how the other DT circle got broken Protact was the last person in the circle alive after Pandain's death. I'm not blaming you as if you lost the town the game, I just don't think Town fake claims work out in a situation where you don't have a guilty result or a confirmed townie in the open.

I still don't see how the plan was bad if you concede there was an urgency to create a circle and that a potential hatter losing out on bombs is a reasonable price to pay for a circle in this set-up. In another game faced with the same situation I would do the same thing, making sure to be more active. I have read nothing to make me change my mind.

Also, the fake-claim played no role what-so-ever: I could not have done anything different if I were the actual hatter. I did revealed I was green right before the flip, but by then the votes were what they were and it was better to tell the town why I was going to flip green. In fact it was a good decision, which allowed the real hatter to live 1 more night.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
August 05 2010 03:39 GMT
#3769
This looks awesome, I cant wait for the next one.. This is my first time.
since 98'
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 05 2010 03:41 GMT
#3770
On August 05 2010 08:40 Incognito wrote:

On another note, with citizen's plan: I'm surprised mafia didn't take advantage of one more major hole in the plan. Citizen called for a DT to use a mouth to claim to him. Unfortunately, that's a really bad move that can get mafia some forced lynches. Nobody seemed to see that mafia can claim to be a DT mouth (for a fake DT obv), then claim DT found a red. Town lynches said "red" the next day, but he flips up town. Mafia (fake DT mouth) says oh hmm my DT must be a fake, then offers a town name to lynch. Town lynches the "DT" and oops! its not a DT, whereupon the fake DT mouth finally dies. Which takes 3 whole days. Just imagine how much chaos the mafia can cause throughout that period, not to mention that you still have unresolved issues with the fake claim by citizen etc. So yes, BC blasting citizen was warranted even if he was town. But I think he would've done a more thorough job as town there if he saw things from a slightly different perspective. Regardless, there are numerous things wrong with citizen's plan, as Ace kindly pointed out.


This is a non-issue. If the mafia fake-claimed to have their own DT, there would be too many DTs so we would not trust their "checks". The problem then would be how to find the fake-claim vs. the real one - and here the confirmed DT would help.

Like I said, everybody talks of "many holes" but... the details are sketchy.

Whatever, I will drop it.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
August 05 2010 04:07 GMT
#3771
On August 05 2010 12:04 Ace wrote:
meh, I just think if given the choice I'd rather take a 1 shot vigilante over a hatter any day. Way stronger and more useful since they can confirm themselves without dying.

I'm with you. I really believed most of the stuff I said about killing DTA even if he was hatter because he would just end up killing innocents. Turns out the hatter was Zeks, but I was right about the Hatter doing more harm than good.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 05 2010 04:18 GMT
#3772
On August 05 2010 12:04 Ace wrote:
meh, I just think if given the choice I'd rather take a 1 shot vigilante over a hatter any day. Way stronger and more useful since they can confirm themselves without dying.


Aww, I like the chaos that a hatter injects into the game.
SUNSFANNED
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
August 05 2010 04:20 GMT
#3773
The main problem is that most people who get the mad hatter role will put bombs on people no matter what, just because they can.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 05 2010 04:25 GMT
#3774
Yeah, because TL townplay is weak. There's a way to play Hatter correctly, and it does not involve placing a bomb every night.
SUNSFANNED
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-05 04:34:04
August 05 2010 04:32 GMT
#3775
Well it's the same idea I use for Vigilantes. If I ever roll hatter the only people that are getting bombs are scum and worthless townies. Problem is that a hatter can't confirm themselves without death, which also happens to be the only way their power activates.

So I pray for Vigilante instead ^_^

ETA: TL's overall play has gotten much better than it was 2 years ago. Before you had no hope of some basic things working out without a major fight.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
August 05 2010 05:21 GMT
#3776
I can't believe no one listened to me and took out Pyrr.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 05 2010 05:22 GMT
#3777
On August 05 2010 14:21 DarthThienAn wrote:
I can't believe no one listened to me and took out Pyrr.


pyrr is really good at not dying when he should.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 05 2010 05:24 GMT
#3778
On August 05 2010 13:25 BrownBear wrote:
Yeah, because TL townplay is weak. There's a way to play Hatter correctly, and it does not involve placing a bomb every night.


Chez = epic hatter.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
August 05 2010 05:27 GMT
#3779
On August 05 2010 13:32 Ace wrote:
Well it's the same idea I use for Vigilantes. If I ever roll hatter the only people that are getting bombs are scum and worthless townies. Problem is that a hatter can't confirm themselves without death, which also happens to be the only way their power activates.

So I pray for Vigilante instead ^_^

ETA: TL's overall play has gotten much better than it was 2 years ago. Before you had no hope of some basic things working out without a major fight.

And that's why I prefer the Hatter. I don't like roles that are confirmed too easily. Also, the hatter has to draw a hit and figure out mafia the town haven't found yet. I think the role just takes more skill to use properly and is more interesting.
Uff Da
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 05 2010 05:30 GMT
#3780
I'm not a fan of easily confirmed roles either, just that if there was a better way for Hatters to confirm themselves at all besides death I'd probably like them more. Could be too broken though :'(
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 193 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 283
JuggernautJason112
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 682
Shuttle 517
ZZZero.O 118
Zeus 80
soO 41
Hyun 41
scan(afreeca) 28
Dota 2
qojqva2207
canceldota44
Counter-Strike
fl0m5705
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3608
Liquid`Hasu598
Other Games
summit1g3289
FrodaN1027
KnowMe313
420jenkins239
ToD203
Pyrionflax199
Livibee175
QueenE63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 85
• Hupsaiya 40
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1813
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur662
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 7m
Patches Events
19h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 7m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.