• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:00
CEST 10:00
KST 17:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8423 users

World at War Mafia - Page 30

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 123 Next
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 04:59:50
March 25 2010 04:59 GMT
#581
Don't be an idiot Bill, I already said why Anti-nukes are a bad idea. At this point letting caller die is the only way to do this. If he actually lives it would confirm him as mafia, since the general town consensus would be to let him die.

also

Zona said: I'm glad you're posting more than fluff now that you're in the hot spot.


I am already dead and have been for pages. I am just posting my thoughts. Once I hit 12 votes I was dead, there is no defense for me now, I am lynched. Unless somehow nukes change voting rules in which case I might still be dead.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 05:01 GMT
#582
Zona: 61
~OpZ~: 36
Elemenope: 35
haster27: 28
XeliN: 26
Versatile: 24
RebirthOfLeGenD: 22
johnnyspazz: 18
JeeJee: 17
Fishball: 16
Amber[LighT]: 14
iNfuNdiBuLuM: 14
Iaaan: 13
Caller: 10
Nikon: 9
meeple: 9
d3_crescentia: 9
Abenson: 7
nemY: 6
tree.hugger: 4
Phrujbaz: 2
L: 2

One final post tally before I leave. If you hadn't nuked someone RoL, there surely would be better lynch targets now. But you did.


@RoL. I changed my mind because originally I thought about game setups from my own point of view, and my definition of balance, which in my mind is the definitive way to balance (I calculate the probabilities for each team if they acted randomly, the number of lynches required and mislynches allowed, and more, for goodness's sake). But Versatile reminded me that I should be thinking from Ace's point of view and not my own. And Ace definitely has a different view of balance than I do, so I should not bring my assumptions about how I would balance a game (which I had been considering the definitive way) into a game where Ace is hosting.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 25 2010 05:01 GMT
#583
People can't unvote while the nuke is in the air?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 05:04 GMT
#584
Regardless of how the game is thought of, the fact is the least influential role in a game of mafia is a townie, hence if you had to add another role that would effect the game in the smallest way possible it would be a townie.

There is no way around that and without my nuke none of this conversation would have been happening. I would of been dead ~2 hours ago. I honestly can't believe you were the one jumping down my throat for being a retard.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 05:04 GMT
#585
I really hope my Caller nuke goes through for so many reasons right now.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 05:08 GMT
#586
On March 25 2010 13:53 Bill Murray wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 25 2010 13:48 Zona wrote:
Hey, if you're a medic, please read this:

When I started proposing plans and posting, I had hoped that there would be other players who would participate as much as or even more than I have. But for better or worse, I have by far the most posts in the thread. Allow me to flatter myself and claim that at least some of my posts have been useful and beneficial to the town, such as being the first to lay out the importance of not initiating nukes.

Usually I look down upon those who publicly ask for medic protection, as I think the ego of such players cause them to overestimate their contributions and importance to the town, but in this game I do think I stand out as a target for the mafia to kill at night, if only to significantly reduce the amount of discussion that takes place in the game.

Please consider me as a protection target if you have not already done so. But of course, the final decision is in your hands.


'Please Vote me MVP'

I'm sorry that you're interpreting it this way. There's no way a real MVP can be decided this early in the game, there's still a lot to be played out. Maybe later in the game someone will somehow read the entire mafia team and get them all lynched one by one (like what citi.zen did in incognito's mafia 16). Now that would be legitimate MVP material. I would just like to point out to any potential medics out there that it's possible I would be considered a higher value target to the mafia when compared to another player randomly chosen from the player list.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 25 2010 05:10 GMT
#587
On March 25 2010 11:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 10:29 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Well I read through the rules again...I'm assuming I can post PM's between me and him...

If you would like this I will post them...Wow...I'm thoroughly appalled by this...

I've asked him prior to him getting voted for to post some content, he hasn't replied...He could of talked it over to me his plans or what not....

-_-

But no sense lynching him anyway, he is townie.

Even I read this part, wtf?

Show nested quote +

No talking about the game outside the thread. This includes Private Messages unless your role gives you permission to do so. You will be mod-killed if this rule is broken.

I'm a mason. I can talk outside the thread with Abenson. I'm not sure if I can post what me and him talk about.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 05:15 GMT
#588
On March 25 2010 14:04 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Regardless of how the game is thought of, the fact is the least influential role in a game of mafia is a townie,

Sigh. This is the kind of viewpoint that leads to weak towns. Mechanically, it's true that the townie has the fewest abilities. But that means all the more that townies should often be at the forefront of discussion, as if they are targetted, the town won't collectively lose a special power. Would the team rather lose a blue? Townies are the core of the town team. If townies are discouraged by the role they receive and play passively because of it, then the town's chances of victory are greatly diminished.

In any case, you seem to have nukes. So you aren't a plain townie. Unless you plan to now claim that the nuke is fake.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 25 2010 05:16 GMT
#589
On March 25 2010 14:01 Bill Murray wrote:
People can't unvote while the nuke is in the air?


You can. The nuke just delays everything so you can literally do whatever you want as if the day was still going on.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 05:18 GMT
#590
On March 25 2010 14:10 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 11:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On March 25 2010 10:29 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Well I read through the rules again...I'm assuming I can post PM's between me and him...

If you would like this I will post them...Wow...I'm thoroughly appalled by this...

I've asked him prior to him getting voted for to post some content, he hasn't replied...He could of talked it over to me his plans or what not....

-_-

But no sense lynching him anyway, he is townie.

Even I read this part, wtf?


No talking about the game outside the thread. This includes Private Messages unless your role gives you permission to do so. You will be mod-killed if this rule is broken.

I'm a mason. I can talk outside the thread with Abenson. I'm not sure if I can post what me and him talk about.


If the rules on the first page doesn't say, then you can.
靈魂交響曲
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 05:19:31
March 25 2010 05:19 GMT
#591
He can't. I addressed it in the thread..
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 05:22 GMT
#592
Holy shit, are you that dense Zona? You just completely ignored what I said, or at the very least misinterpreted it entirely. I understand that an active green/townie population plays a strong role in the town, its why regardless of my role I never shut the fuck up. I was saying from a BALANCE PERSPECTIVE which is WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT. A townie has the least impact on balance in the game as opposed to say adding me in as lets say in normal game terms a Vigi which increases town KP, another Mafia, another godfather which rape the town (I am purposely going to extremes here) or lets say adding an entire third role on the spur of the moment giving me an entire different agenda without having thought it through entirely which would either make my objective impossible or too easy which would essentially ruin the game.

Or a townie, who kind of just adds one to the town and overall looking at the ROLE itself not the people playing it is much LESS influential on the outcome of the game.

This has nothing to do at all with "Me thinking greens are worthless" but to say they are of equal importance to a medic would be foolish.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 05:22 GMT
#593
On March 25 2010 14:16 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 14:01 Bill Murray wrote:
People can't unvote while the nuke is in the air?


You can. The nuke just delays everything so you can literally do whatever you want as if the day was still going on.

Since I already went over 12 votes, if they were to switch would I still live even though the minimum vote count has been reached anyway?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 05:27 GMT
#594
On March 25 2010 14:22 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Holy shit, are you that dense Zona? You just completely ignored what I said, or at the very least misinterpreted it entirely. I understand that an active green/townie population plays a strong role in the town, its why regardless of my role I never shut the fuck up. I was saying from a BALANCE PERSPECTIVE which is WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT. A townie has the least impact on balance in the game as opposed to say adding me in as lets say in normal game terms a Vigi which increases town KP, another Mafia, another godfather which rape the town (I am purposely going to extremes here) or lets say adding an entire third role on the spur of the moment giving me an entire different agenda without having thought it through entirely which would either make my objective impossible or too easy which would essentially ruin the game.

Or a townie, who kind of just adds one to the town and overall looking at the ROLE itself not the people playing it is much LESS influential on the outcome of the game.

This has nothing to do at all with "Me thinking greens are worthless" but to say they are of equal importance to a medic would be foolish.

You've already shown you're not a plain townie by launching a nuke and implying it was real. Unless you plan now to reverse your stance and say it is fake. So your argument that balance implies you are a plain townie is null and void.

And yes I did go off on a tangent there, because I wanted to make the point to the rest of our readers that townies shouldn't stay inactive, and you provided an opportunity for me to do so.

And it's interesting you call me dense, when you are the superstar who read the rules and didn't comprehend their implications. Read the thread and somehow missed the entire discussion on how nuking first was anti-town. Read the thread and also missed all but 6 of my posts the first time around.

Ugh. I can't believe I'm still arguing with you.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 05:27 GMT
#595
On March 25 2010 14:19 Ace wrote:
He can't. I addressed it in the thread..

Can't he at least share the ideas they discussed? If he doesn't copy-paste the wording from the PM?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 05:33 GMT
#596
Zona the answer to that is obvious.

Also that is like saying "HOLY SHIT ROL KILLED CALLER, THAT MUST MEAN HE IS MAFIA"

"...Or vigilante?"

From the sounds of this game most countries have nuking powers, I also never said whether or not my nuke was real or fake, nor my country, or my alignment.

I also don't plan on saying any of those. I guess you could argue since I was a late entry I would NOT get a role with ANY power what so ever, and in most cases I would agree with you. However I do not think any of us have played a mafia game that is quite like this. Perhaps most/all countries have powers and I got a particularly underpowered one. Who knows? From what you say you are under the impression that you are either A. A weak country who doesn't think I SHOULD have more power than he does (assuming my nuke is legitimate) or B. A mafia who has a fair amount of powers and is assuming most other roles are not as powerful as you initially anticipated.

I am inclined to the latter.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 05:37 GMT
#597
My last post for the day. I shouldn't have let myself get caught arguing with you, but what can I say, I love to argue.

On March 25 2010 14:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I also never said whether or not my nuke was real or fake,

You didn't say whether it was real or fake?
On March 25 2010 13:59 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
At this point letting caller die is the only way to do this.

What's this? You say he'll die from your nuke? I wonder what sort of nuke would be able to kill, real or fake?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 05:41 GMT
#598
You're the one who adopted my earlier discarded argument that for balance purposes, you probably would be vanilla town.
On March 25 2010 14:04 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Regardless of how the game is thought of, the fact is the least influential role in a game of mafia is a townie, hence if you had to add another role that would effect the game in the smallest way possible it would be a townie.

Which is the reason why I pointed out that with your nuke, and the claim of death that it would bring, means that you are not claiming to be vanilla town, which is what you have implied by adopting the 'balance purposes' argument, and which is now shown to be false.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 25 2010 05:48 GMT
#599
I don't believe that in this game a "pure vanilla" townie exists. Each one is most likely going to have some odd variation in powers. And congrats, you can read what I said. I could be lying I could be telling the truth.

Out of respect for the host I am not going to say my role, my power, or whether or not my nuke is real.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 25 2010 05:56 GMT
#600
RoL, there's still time to convince the town not to lynch you
who are your top suspects?
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 123 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 600
Hyun 51
NotJumperer 43
Killer 36
Bale 34
scan(afreeca) 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto144
League of Legends
JimRising 482
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
edward50
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g8450
olofmeister762
Coldzera 702
Happy271
Sick152
NeuroSwarm82
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick558
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos846
• Stunt376
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.