• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:38
CEST 07:38
KST 14:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202613Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10131 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 66

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 180 Next
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
April 16 2011 21:24 GMT
#1301
On April 16 2011 15:57 BrownBear wrote:
I missed this due to the events of last night, but Milkyst failed to post or vote on day 2. Modkill for him, 1 game ban (although I honestly doubt he'll be back).

Are those the only 2 people you're asking for a ban for? I know you have replaced out a lot of people.
Uff Da
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 17 2011 17:50 GMT
#1302
So far, that's it, considering most people asked politely and at least 24 hours in advance.
SUNSFANNED
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 18 2011 16:33 GMT
#1303
Robellicose and M0nsterchef were modkilled for failure to vote in XXXVIII.
SUNSFANNED
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
April 18 2011 16:59 GMT
#1304
On April 19 2011 01:33 BrownBear wrote:
Robellicose and M0nsterchef were modkilled for failure to vote in XXXVIII.

Slowpoke. I already noticed last night!
Uff Da
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 24 2011 22:20 GMT
#1305
This is mostly lifted from a PM I had with Qatol, with some changes.

My thoughts on the Coagulation situation: I gave him multiple warnings (I can look them up for you if you want), telling him to be less aggressive, flame less, etc... basically play the game in a far more mature manner. Then, after GMarshal's accidental lynching, when the mafia team was ready to quit, Meapak told Coag to "fight it, make shit up" and "take the heat off your team". The line Meapak used, "be an ass" was probably horrible advice, considering I had told Coag in an earlier ingame post "if you flame anyone else excessively it will be a modkill". However, it was his choice to decide to shit up the thread and be an ass to several people, particularly the new players.

Thus, I modkilled him. I'd had enough of his shitting all over the thread, and I stand by my decision. I'm not trying to lay any blame on Meapak - he had a minor lapse of judgement in telling Coag to spam the thread, but in the end, he's the cohost, I'm the host. If he says things that go against something I said earlier, I feel like my decision should usually stand (obviously, I'm not trying to be some kind of totalitarian dictator here, but you understand what I mean).

In addition, after the fact I heard from Qatol and some of the other mafia players that Coag had been extremely aggressive, insulting, and demeaning to a lot of his teammates, particularly the new players. This really annoys me for a lot of reasons - we want new players to enjoy their time and come back to play, and when an established member is making their lives playing their first game miserable, that makes it a lot less likely they'll come back. He's supposed to be working WITH his team, not tearing them down. Also, after being warned that he was on a short leash, does flaming people where I can't see it make flaming okay?

So in short: I gave him several warnings to be more manner. He didn't heed them. I modkilled him. I learned later that Meapak had told him to "be an ass". I feel like it's bad advice. Could it have influenced Coag's decision? Maybe - but really, Coag should still know better. I stand by putting him on the banlist.
SUNSFANNED
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
April 24 2011 22:37 GMT
#1306
I'll go with what BB wants. I used the wrong words when I spoke with Coag, I wanted him just to stir stuff up to hide his team, I obviously didn't want him to spam the thread. What I had in mind was accussing random people or making false claims about what the mafia was going to do. I didn't know about him being aggressive towards his own teammates but even so I don't want to ban him, I'd just like everyone to move on from this game to minimize the resentment. But if BB is set on a ban then I'll support it.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 24 2011 23:21 GMT
#1307
In addition, after the fact I heard from Qatol and some of the other mafia players that Coag had been extremely aggressive, insulting, and demeaning to a lot of his teammates, particularly the new players. This really annoys me for a lot of reasons - we want new players to enjoy their time and come back to play, and when an established member is making their lives playing their first game miserable, that makes it a lot less likely they'll come back. He's supposed to be working WITH his team, not tearing them down. Also, after being warned that he was on a short leash, does flaming people where I can't see it make flaming okay?


Proof? Sure would be nice to see some substance to this. If anyone thinks i was being "extremely aggressive" and throwing "insults" around im sorry.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 24 2011 23:30 GMT
#1308
As far as I know (meaning when I was around on the mafia IRC) i don't recall coag insulting any of our members, considering bussing all of them? Yes, insulting them, no. Suggesting stupid plans? Yes. pushing to get them enacted? also yes, I guess that might be considered aggressive. But thats as far as I remember and I was obviously not always on, really though if any of the players on our team have a grievance against coag I'd like to hear it from them, as I was around, and if they were offended/bothered by coag I should have been the first to know to tell him to cut the shit out.

My take on it anyway
Moderator
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 24 2011 23:35 GMT
#1309
some newbie got offended cause i said the mafia team was full of newbies or something.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 25 2011 00:24 GMT
#1310
On April 25 2011 08:30 GMarshal wrote:
As far as I know (meaning when I was around on the mafia IRC) i don't recall coag insulting any of our members, considering bussing all of them? Yes, insulting them, no. Suggesting stupid plans? Yes. pushing to get them enacted? also yes, I guess that might be considered aggressive. But thats as far as I remember and I was obviously not always on, really though if any of the players on our team have a grievance against coag I'd like to hear it from them, as I was around, and if they were offended/bothered by coag I should have been the first to know to tell him to cut the shit out.

My take on it anyway


Thanks for weighing in, I do want to hear from some of the other mafia members who felt insulted/threatened by Coag, though. It's good for him that you didn't, though.
SUNSFANNED
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
April 25 2011 02:13 GMT
#1311
It was me who spoke to Qatol about Coagulation's behaviour. This was my first game, as I was reminded of repeatedly.

REGARDING HIS BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS THE OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
This is a link to our quicktopic. There isn't too much in here, from posts 44 to about 60.
The aggression from Coag mostly came in IRC, which unfortunately I didn't save records of. The comments "why were we stuck with useless fucking newbies", "why the fuck didn't you vote for Marshal" and "this team is shit" were some of the things that upset me. The allcaps ranting wasn't limited to the thread either.
Marsh you may have forgotten but on two occasions you had to come onto a private channel with me on IRC to say ignore Coag, don't worry about him.
Coag desperately wanted us to get Marsh as mayor and I didn't vote for him so I copped it. My enjoyment of this game increased a lot once he was gone.

REGARDING HIS MODKILL
Coag had been publically warned in the thread, by name, on several occasions by BB for his posting. It has come to light that he has used Meapak's advice to "be an ass" as his excuse for his shitting up the thread after that.
This to me is just opportunistic, self-righteous rubbish. Meapak just made a horrible decision that you know is wrong and then you try and justify your thread behaviour with him saying you should act like a dick? After you have been personally, publically told by BB to tone it down?

These are the PMs I sent Coag trying to get him to calm down, just before he got modkilled.


Ok man. Do your thing.

Original Message From Coagulation:
Dont worry about it. im fine.

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From DropBear:
After the attitude Meapak showed in our IRC convo, I think he would dare.

PLEASE

Original Message From Coagulation:
Its ok they wouldnt dare modkill me.

Original Message From DropBear:
Please calm down.
Please. For me.

If you get modkilled, we lose a KP. Try and at least last the night!


Your modkill was avoidable. We were all angry, you were the only one to act in a manner as to get modkilled.
You might say "I would have been vig'd anyway" and this is true, chaoser said in his vigi claim that he had his shot on you but he then switched it to LSB, who was an almost guaranteed mislynch due to there being no detectives to clear him.
Plus, BB let us keep the 4th KP for that night. If he had been following the letter of the law we wouldn't have got that 4th kill and would have been even worse off.

OTHER MATTERS
I brought up my annoyance with him posting a blue-list in the thread that coincided very closely with what we were actually thinking. I was annoyed because I thought it made things easier for the real blues to coordinate. Coag said in the thread that it was intended to cause misinformation and confusion and I accept that and retract my complaint about this issue. I still don't think it was a good idea but if you were trying to help, fair enough.

OVERALL
-Coag was extremely unpleasant towards me.
-His modkill was entirely his own fault.
-I support a normal ban on him.

If he is prepared to apologise for his behaviour this game I accept it and move on but I am very very pissed off with him.
Sucker for nostalgia
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 25 2011 02:43 GMT
#1312
Im sorry you took it personally.
I didnt act around you any different than i act around everyone else in my 20+ games here.
and i honestly would not have posted as much spam as i did if i thought for a second it was gonna get me modkilled. Honestly i was completely shocked that i would get modkilled for spam after my convo with meap. thats that.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
April 25 2011 03:03 GMT
#1313
On April 25 2011 11:43 Coagulation wrote:
Im sorry you took it personally.
I didnt act around you any different than i act around everyone else in my 20+ games here.
and i honestly would not have posted as much spam as i did if i thought for a second it was gonna get me modkilled. Honestly i was completely shocked that i would get modkilled for spam after my convo with meap. thats that.

You sent me this PM in the post game discussion.


Stop with the lies.
I didnt give anybody the fucking mafia list.
And everyone except BrownBear agrees my modkill was another bad mod call due to miscommunication. Read the IRC chat log with Meap
Meap himself said that i shouldnt have been modkilled.
You got a problem with my modkill talk to BrownBear
I was just doing what Meap told me i could.


You were pushing it, I think deliberately to get back at the hosts.

If this is how you act normally and it's been ok with everyone I'm not sure I want to play with you anymore.
Sucker for nostalgia
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 25 2011 03:12 GMT
#1314
Nope i have no problems with the host. Water under the bridge. banging my head on the wall doesnt fix the problems. and holding a grudge doesnt help the community. So i can genuinely say that i was spamming because i was trying to divert attention and mislead town. something that i was under the impression would be ok.

I dont hold grudges. people here know that.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
April 25 2011 03:35 GMT
#1315
On April 25 2011 12:12 Coagulation wrote:
Nope i have no problems with the host. Water under the bridge. banging my head on the wall doesnt fix the problems. and holding a grudge doesnt help the community. So i can genuinely say that i was spamming because i was trying to divert attention and mislead town. something that i was under the impression would be ok.

I dont hold grudges. people here know that.

What you are saying here directly contrasts with the PM conversation we had, so I'll post them again.
Could you explain them please?


Ok man. Do your thing.

Original Message From Coagulation:
Dont worry about it. im fine.

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From DropBear:
After the attitude Meapak showed in our IRC convo, I think he would dare.

PLEASE

Original Message From Coagulation:
Its ok they wouldnt dare modkill me.

Original Message From DropBear:
Please calm down.
Please. For me.

If you get modkilled, we lose a KP. Try and at least last the night!

Sucker for nostalgia
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 25 2011 03:36 GMT
#1316
Coagulation wrote:
Its ok they wouldnt dare modkill me.


This really pisses me off. What on earth makes you think you're above modkill?
SUNSFANNED
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 25 2011 03:42 GMT
#1317
Hey dropbear I tried being nice and explaining why I was under the impression that i wouldnt be modkilled. Im done responding to you. i said sorry you said you would move on if i said sorry and all your doing is QQing. dont waste my time anymore.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 03:47:45
April 25 2011 03:44 GMT
#1318
On April 25 2011 12:36 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
Coagulation wrote:
Its ok they wouldnt dare modkill me.


This really pisses me off. What on earth makes you think you're above modkill?


Because i talked to meap and he had said there wouldnt be a problem if i made a commotion to throw off town.

Original Message From Coagulation:
[02:28] <Coagulation_> its over
[02:28] <Meapak_Ziphh> 'you have an obligation to ur team
[02:28] <Coagulation_> yup
[02:28] <Coagulation_> and im gonna
[02:28] <Coagulation_> take the lynch
[02:29] <Coagulation_> they want to play
[02:29] <Coagulation_> thats fine
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> you can fight it
[02:29] <Coagulation_> LOL
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> make shit up
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> screw the town over
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> be an ass
[02:29] <GMTheDead> town will buy it
[02:29] <GMTheDead> hell they listened to protac
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> take the heat off your team
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> your far from dea
[02:29] <GMTheDead> after he was a know liar
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> K I've done what I can
[02:29] <Meapak_Ziphh> gl to you all
[02:30] == Meapak_Ziphh [32359dca@gateway/web/freenode/ip.50.53.157.202] has left ##tlmafiavictory19 []

How are you not getting this??? Maybe it was a mistake but you know what at the time im pretty sure i was under the impression I WOULDNT BE MODKILLED FOR causing CHAOS.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
April 25 2011 03:46 GMT
#1319
On April 25 2011 11:43 Coagulation wrote:
Im sorry you took it personally.
I didnt act around you any different than i act around everyone else in my 20+ games here.
and i honestly would not have posted as much spam as i did if i thought for a second it was gonna get me modkilled. Honestly i was completely shocked that i would get modkilled for spam after my convo with meap. thats that.

Your "apology" basically surmounts to "I regret nothing, this is how I play deal with it."

On April 25 2011 12:42 Coagulation wrote:
Hey dropbear I tried being nice and explaining why I was under the impression that i wouldnt be modkilled. Im done responding to you. i said sorry you said you would move on if i said sorry and all your doing is QQing. dont waste my time anymore.

You haven't given me any near sufficient explanation for your actions towards me or your modkill for me to leave you alone. You're dodging.
Sucker for nostalgia
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 25 2011 03:46 GMT
#1320
On April 25 2011 12:44 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 12:36 BrownBear wrote:
Coagulation wrote:
Its ok they wouldnt dare modkill me.


This really pisses me off. What on earth makes you think you're above modkill?


Because i talked to meap and he had said there wouldnt be a problem if i made a commotion to throw off town.


It's true he did, but in the end, what do you think carries more weight - a cohost talking to you in irc, or an official warning from the host, in the game thread, telling you not to flame or spam any more?
SUNSFANNED
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 187
Nina 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3843
Sharp 415
Mong 90
Dewaltoss 87
Icarus 9
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King206
Other Games
summit1g7069
WinterStarcraft572
C9.Mang0276
Sick141
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt384
Other Games
• Shiphtur481
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.