• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8950 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 64

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 180 Next
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
April 09 2011 00:45 GMT
#1261
Althought it was not Ban List per say, the game did indeed follow the ban list as there were no players that were banned and playing since Ace's game ended before mine.

If possible, I would like Beneather banned for inactivity. Annul and RebirthOfLeGenD banned for ruining the Game. Each given 1 game bans.

Annul asked for a strategic modkill, and RebirthOfLeGenD asked to be replaced for purely game related reasons.

Annul's asking for a strategic modkill is here http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=200702&currentpage=93#1843. In addition to attempting to ruin the game which could have had a large impact considering that he was in the item game, he turned the last few pages leading up to it into a flame fest.

RebirthOfLeGenD messed me asking to be replaced after finding out his night actions did not go as planned. In addition to disappearing, he then discouraged other mafia members from playing, resulting in a mafia that effectively gave up, ruining the experience of others who wanted to play.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 09 2011 00:49 GMT
#1262
This game takes advice, but does not follow the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are on the ban list, you probably won't be allowed to play, but if you wish to play, please PM me, or Kitaman27


I dunno dude, if it says it didn't follow, even if no one on the list played in it, it still didn't follow so I don't think they should get 1 game bans
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 01:50:57
April 09 2011 00:49 GMT
#1263
On April 09 2011 09:45 LSB wrote:
Althought it was not Ban List per say, the game did indeed follow the ban list as there were no players that were banned and playing since Ace's game ended before mine.

If possible, I would like Beneather banned for inactivity. Annul and RebirthOfLeGenD banned for ruining the Game. Each given 1 game bans.

Annul asked for a strategic modkill, and RebirthOfLeGenD asked to be replaced for purely game related reasons.

Annul's asking for a strategic modkill is here http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=200702&currentpage=93#1843. In addition to attempting to ruin the game which could have had a large impact considering that he was in the item game, he turned the last few pages leading up to it into a flame fest.

RebirthOfLeGenD messed me asking to be replaced after finding out his night actions did not go as planned. In addition to disappearing, he then discouraged other mafia members from playing, resulting in a mafia that effectively gave up, ruining the experience of others who wanted to play.

I'm disinclined to honor inactivity modkills because well, you asked for it by not following the ban list, even if you wound up following it purely by chance. You weren't intending to follow it and that is what counts.

Behavioral modkills are more up in the air and I think I'll open this up for discussion because they are a bigger deal to me.
Uff Da
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 09 2011 00:54 GMT
#1264
Let it slide
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 09 2011 01:01 GMT
#1265
Don't think annul will be coming back for a while but I can understand his situation and it's not a simple "strategic modkill". His intent wasn't for it to be strategic, he just didn't want to play anymore cause he thought RoL cheated him. Also you said inthread that you were only giving RoL a warning so that should be at the most what he should get.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 01:07:38
April 09 2011 01:05 GMT
#1266
With coag on this one.

I don't think it's right to put people on the ban list (even for the behavioral ones) if the OP stated this was a non-ban list game.

The section on modkills specifically stated the punishment for modkills would be permaban from the insane franchise. I don't know if this is even enforceable. The modkill section also states that modkill policy will be more or less lax so "don't worry about". Therefore I don't think it's appropriate to switch the punishment to make it harsher.

I forgot, LSB didn't even "modkill" these players, he replaced two of them and put a contract on the other one.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 01:55:33
April 09 2011 01:49 GMT
#1267
On April 09 2011 10:01 chaoser wrote:
Don't think annul will be coming back for a while but I can understand his situation and it's not a simple "strategic modkill". His intent wasn't for it to be strategic, he just didn't want to play anymore cause he thought RoL cheated him. Also you said inthread that you were only giving RoL a warning so that should be at the most what he should get.

Right. I totally forgot what had happened with him. I can understand him being a little annoyed at what RoL did to him, even though I think he should have expected it considering Insane is in the game title. Regardless, I don't see a reason to add a ban to his sentence unless someone makes a strong argument for it.

After talking to LSB through the RoL situation, I thought LSB was technically right, but I understand how RoL could feel cheated. I don't think him replacing out of a game under those circumstances is really ban-worthy considering the game didn't follow the ban list.

Again, anyone can feel free to make an argument on the other side. I am seriously open to persuasive arguments on this one because I didn't follow LSB's game very closely at all.
Uff Da
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 09 2011 02:15 GMT
#1268
i dont understand why pandain isnt getting a ban.
he got modkilled for inactivity..
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 09 2011 02:16 GMT
#1269
LSB specifically made his game not follow the ban list. Given that, I'd say that no one should be put on the ban list for their actions in that game.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 09 2011 02:19 GMT
#1270
well im saying if ROL or annul get banned then pandain needs 1
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
April 09 2011 06:06 GMT
#1271
On April 09 2011 11:19 Coagulation wrote:
well im saying if ROL or annul get banned then pandain needs 1

What did he do? I never heard anything about pandain, only RoL and annul.
Uff Da
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 09 2011 06:16 GMT
#1272
He replaced RoL, spammed a bit and then went AFK and inactive
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
April 10 2011 05:26 GMT
#1273
I inversely request LSB to be banned from hosting for 3 games. It's kind of like a reverse ban. My reasoning is making decisions on a whim based on who is posting, and refusing to own up to obvious lapses in judgment while blaming your incompetence on mafia disinterest.

Plus, it wasn't entirely game reasons I subbed out, on top of you giving me a whopping two minutes to change my mind before getting subbed with pandain. Currently I am working 30 hours a week, interning 21 hours a week while also going to school 20 hours a week. That doesn't even count my 2.5 hour commute to/from internship and class.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 05:31:02
April 10 2011 05:30 GMT
#1274
can a neutral party sum up the insane mafia II drama for me?

i love mafia drama
RIP Aaliyah
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 06:35:02
April 10 2011 05:46 GMT
#1275
Right, got distracted and now I have no time, so here's the short version:

RoL doesn't like LSB's style of modding, in general.

During the first day of Insane several events frustrated RoL, each snowballing into more frustration.
During night two, something didn't work out, and RoL got mad. While he was angry with what happened, he talked to LSB. At one point he asked to be subbed out, and almost imediantly LSB did just that. After cooling down, RoL regretted subbing out, but agreed that he asked for it and had no one to blame but himself.

However, RoL's classic raging was further reaching than just RoL. Because of RoL's raging, mafia team became convinced that they were being jipped, and cheated, and thought that they couldn't win. They more or less gave up at that point. (Meapak may be an acception to this, but the majority as a whole gave up)

After all this, there was a lot of pent up frustration stemming from a few mistakes on LSB's part, but nothing that he did warrented the QQ reaction by the mafia.

tl;dr: A few mistakes were made, RoL raged, the mafia caught his rage, and then they snowballed it into something much larger than it should have been.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 05:56:22
April 10 2011 05:52 GMT
#1276
On April 10 2011 14:26 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I inversely request LSB to be banned from hosting for 3 games. It's kind of like a reverse ban. My reasoning is making decisions on a whim based on who is posting, and refusing to own up to obvious lapses in judgment while blaming your incompetence on mafia disinterest.

Take it to the hosting thread. I don't want this thread to become too broad. Besides, it seems to fit there better than here.
Uff Da
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
April 10 2011 06:04 GMT
#1277
I don't think anyone should be getting bans. Let's remember that the title of the game is INSANE mafia. Shit's bound to happen left and right...I was personally expecting much more drama than what happened. I tend to side with RoL on the whole issue but not to the point where I think anyone should be getting banned.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
April 10 2011 06:54 GMT
#1278
On April 10 2011 14:46 Kavdragon wrote:
Right, got distracted and now I have no time, so here's the short version:

RoL doesn't like LSB's style of modding, in general.

During the first day of Insane several events frustrated RoL, each snowballing into more frustration.
During night two, something didn't work out, and RoL got mad. While he was angry with what happened, he talked to LSB. At one point he asked to be subbed out, and almost imediantly LSB did just that. After cooling down, RoL regretted subbing out, but agreed that he asked for it and had no one to blame but himself.

However, RoL's classic raging was further reaching than just RoL. Because of RoL's raging, mafia team became convinced that they were being jipped, and cheated, and thought that they couldn't win. They more or less gave up at that point. (Meapak may be an acception to this, but the majority as a whole gave up)

After all this, there was a lot of pent up frustration stemming from a few mistakes on LSB's part, but nothing that he did warrented the QQ reaction by the mafia.

tl;dr: A few mistakes were made, RoL raged, the mafia caught his rage, and then they snowballed it into something much larger than it should have been.

As an addendum, my rage stems from LSB simply not putting thought into decisions and doing things on a whim. The last few pages of insane mafia capture both sides arguments fairly well.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
April 10 2011 15:02 GMT
#1279
As per Qatol's request I've answered your concerns in the Insane mafia thread
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
April 10 2011 15:18 GMT
#1280
Shouldn't modkills result in them never being able to play in any Insane related games ever again, as I read somewhere in the OP? But I think annul and RoL could slide, while Pandain modkilled for inactivity should result in him being banned from the Insane franchise. However, I don't think anyone wants to play in any Insane games ever again (jk lol, it was very fun).
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Other Games
summit1g7044
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0268
ceh9171
Sick144
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo1020
• Stunt402
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 37m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.