• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:05
CEST 13:05
KST 20:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8969 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 62

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 180 Next
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
April 03 2011 07:38 GMT
#1221
Yeah, no. No exemption for QS. Honestly, if we let him play we might as well just get rid of the ban list. There are plenty of people on the list who we will never see again, but this remains here so when that asshole shows up a year from his last game wanting to play we remember how he just idled out of the game a year earlier.

This is basically the EXACT scenario the list exists for, so why would we make an exemption?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
April 03 2011 07:39 GMT
#1222
What happened to RoL?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
April 03 2011 07:39 GMT
#1223
Keep in mind the quickstriker now is not the same as tomorrow, so the one unable to wait to play would get let in, only to find out he is an inactive douche tomorrow and gets modkilled for it, again.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
April 03 2011 07:43 GMT
#1224
man RoL tried to make mass smurfs for his experimental mafia game and got a 30 day temp ban... thats not cool?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-03 07:49:38
April 03 2011 07:46 GMT
#1225
On April 03 2011 16:43 bumatlarge wrote:
man RoL tried to make mass smurfs for his experimental mafia game and got a 30 day temp ban... thats not cool?


I PMed the mod responsible to ask about it, if it has anything to do with the smurfs I'm sure we can clear it up quickly

EDIT: Mods are getting his ban reversed shortly, apparently RoL failed to inform them about the fact that he was going to register 11 or so smurf accounts, or rather did so only in a small overlooked post. ^_^
Moderator
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
April 03 2011 07:49 GMT
#1226
On April 03 2011 16:46 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 16:43 bumatlarge wrote:
man RoL tried to make mass smurfs for his experimental mafia game and got a 30 day temp ban... thats not cool?


I PMed the mod responsible to ask about it, if it has anything to do with the smurfs I'm sure we can clear it up quickly


I did as well, once someone who can unban is online, he will be unbanned.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
April 03 2011 09:09 GMT
#1227
Can't help but laugh a bit looking at the automated ban list
Bartundar
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 03 2011 09:14 GMT
#1228
RebirthOfLeGenD was just temp banned for 30 days by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2008-11-12 06:44:02 and had 3425 posts.

Reason: You're a dumbass.


LOLOLOL
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-03 09:40:54
April 03 2011 09:17 GMT
#1229
Then the general consensus is in and I'll "sit out" this game. I don't like this one sided bashing here but I understand the rules and I was merely contesting and challenging if I am able to be given a chance. I don't mind sitting out and not play since after not playing so long, not playing another game is no big deal. I just want my name removed since I hate my "ban" and record in it so if possible, I want it completely clear for the record after this game and I will not be returning for TL Mafia for long while or for good. Seriously, after grabbing my attention on the regular forums hyping this up to regular members to play only to say "sorry you no good," I had it enough with this and spend way too much unnecessary time and energy arguing over this pointless trivial matter. So good luck, goodbye and have fun with your mafia but please keep the unreasonable bashing to me out.

RoL, I don't even know what to say about you but you gave me a good laugh, thanks.
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 03 2011 09:25 GMT
#1230
On April 03 2011 18:14 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
RebirthOfLeGenD was just temp banned for 30 days by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2008-11-12 06:44:02 and had 3425 posts.

Reason: You're a dumbass.


LOLOLOL


And all the smurfs too, Oh God, the Humanity!!!
you gotta dance
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
April 03 2011 09:27 GMT
#1231
LayOffRage is still alive!
Bartundar
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 03 2011 10:14 GMT
#1232
rofl that ban
RIP Aaliyah
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
April 03 2011 15:01 GMT
#1233
On April 03 2011 18:17 QuickStriker wrote:
Then the general consensus is in and I'll "sit out" this game. I don't like this one sided bashing here but I understand the rules and I was merely contesting and challenging if I am able to be given a chance. I don't mind sitting out and not play since after not playing so long, not playing another game is no big deal. I just want my name removed since I hate my "ban" and record in it so if possible, I want it completely clear for the record after this game and I will not be returning for TL Mafia for long while or for good. Seriously, after grabbing my attention on the regular forums hyping this up to regular members to play only to say "sorry you no good," I had it enough with this and spend way too much unnecessary time and energy arguing over this pointless trivial matter. So good luck, goodbye and have fun with your mafia but please keep the unreasonable bashing to me out.

RoL, I don't even know what to say about you but you gave me a good laugh, thanks.


Stop being a martyr. You aren't the victim here. You have been part of the mafia community long enough to know our rules, and have had access to the forum long enough to have typed in a thread /sitout or message incog or qatol about it.

The only person here at fault is you.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
April 03 2011 17:18 GMT
#1234
On April 03 2011 18:17 QuickStriker wrote:
Then the general consensus is in and I'll "sit out" this game. I don't like this one sided bashing here but I understand the rules and I was merely contesting and challenging if I am able to be given a chance. I don't mind sitting out and not play since after not playing so long, not playing another game is no big deal. I just want my name removed since I hate my "ban" and record in it so if possible, I want it completely clear for the record after this game and I will not be returning for TL Mafia for long while or for good. Seriously, after grabbing my attention on the regular forums hyping this up to regular members to play only to say "sorry you no good," I had it enough with this and spend way too much unnecessary time and energy arguing over this pointless trivial matter. So good luck, goodbye and have fun with your mafia but please keep the unreasonable bashing to me out.

RoL, I don't even know what to say about you but you gave me a good laugh, thanks.

Okay I'll update the list for you.
Uff Da
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 03 2011 17:21 GMT
#1235
No one got the Triela's bear reference with the smurfs =[
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
April 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#1236
Okay now that the QuickStriker has withdrawn his request for an exception, Coagulation has suggested a change to the ban list:
On April 03 2011 13:14 Coagulation wrote:
I told you a better way to do things you pretty much blew me off.
i went over this already but here you go again.

Anyone modkilled is put on a list each time they get modkilled. and a small description of why they had been modkilled next to it. for example.

Player name Reason
Coagulation - inactivity
Coagulation - Disruptive behavior


Each time they are modkilled they will have a new report put in the list.
then it is up to the HOST accepting sign ups to go over the ban list and review the people that are banned and make a decision based on that information. Bans should be considered based on the circumstances and individual instances. this cookie cutter system doesnt work.
And the bottom line is its up to the host if they want to have a specific player in their game.
not anyone else and not a list.

I would like to hear some thoughts on this.

The first thing that comes to mind is that this method involves a lot of reading for a new host because, as far as I can tell, people are never removed from the list. So this would have to become something every host would have to do at the start of every game (they would have to check every player signed up for their game and make sure they are okay with that person's history). Now this isn't THAT much more than what hosts already have to do, but I wouldn't be able to lessen the burden for the hosts as easily (I generally know who is banned and I try to help the hosts out, but the more people on the list, the harder it is for me to do this). And all of this is assuming that the writeups of every ban are detailed enough to actually give proper context to the hosts (which I'm unsure of).

Secondly, I'm unsure how your suggestion would handle a situation like QuickStriker's. I don't think a host would have thought twice about allowing him into a game if his only ban history is a 5 month old inactivity ban. Your system has no way of accounting for activity between the ban and the current game.

Finally, I'm concerned that a ban history would result in especially harsh sentences because some hosts may decide to just never let people who have been modkilled to play. On the other hand, this might also just allow the ban list to erode if hosts decide that inactivity modkills aren't a big deal. (I realize I'm going in both directions here, but this depends on how hosts would react to such a change).
Uff Da
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
April 03 2011 18:40 GMT
#1237
While coagulation's idea is nice, it leaves so much to interpretation. I guess you could have each host use it how they see fit, but then how would you rectify your name? It would involve so much wishy washy argumentation on why or why not you were doing something or another. I like the old way.

1) If you went inactive for an important reason, you wouldn't mind sitting out a few games while something should be taking up more of your time. It shows maturity, which is an extremely desirable trait here. I'd rather take someone who got modkilled, sat out a game patiently, then joined up for the next one, then someone who is new.
2) If it was pure laziness, and the person just "forgot" to count his bans, or didn't keep track of the game, do we really want that liability on here?

I think those points cover everything.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
April 03 2011 20:02 GMT
#1238
I like the idea of having a short description on why each player is banned so that people can see why people got banned and can know to avoid them. For instance I think most people would say an inactivity ban is not quite as bad as a ban for bad behavior in a game (think Showtime! or BM). This would allow people to make the distinction between someone who is known for bad behavior versus someone who got banned because they had a life crisis to attend to mid-game (it happens to everyone).

But at the same time I don't think this would accomplish anything new in terms of hosting. If I was hosting a game, if you're on the banlist you're not playing, regardless of the reason you're on there. I think most hosts would think along the same lines.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 03 2011 21:49 GMT
#1239
On April 04 2011 05:02 Foolishness wrote:
I like the idea of having a short description on why each player is banned so that people can see why people got banned and can know to avoid them. For instance I think most people would say an inactivity ban is not quite as bad as a ban for bad behavior in a game (think Showtime! or BM). This would allow people to make the distinction between someone who is known for bad behavior versus someone who got banned because they had a life crisis to attend to mid-game (it happens to everyone).

But at the same time I don't think this would accomplish anything new in terms of hosting. If I was hosting a game, if you're on the banlist you're not playing, regardless of the reason you're on there. I think most hosts would think along the same lines.

I'm with Tim here.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
April 03 2011 22:24 GMT
#1240
On April 03 2011 16:46 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 16:43 bumatlarge wrote:
man RoL tried to make mass smurfs for his experimental mafia game and got a 30 day temp ban... thats not cool?


I PMed the mod responsible to ask about it, if it has anything to do with the smurfs I'm sure we can clear it up quickly

EDIT: Mods are getting his ban reversed shortly, apparently RoL failed to inform them about the fact that he was going to register 11 or so smurf accounts, or rather did so only in a small overlooked post. ^_^

I PMED ITW TOO! Like 12 hours before I did that, but then decided to write a post too.
I might as well have done nothing
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM603
IndyStarCraft 141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 603
Lowko416
IndyStarCraft 141
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 4998
Stork 2087
Horang2 508
Jaedong 480
Soulkey 394
BeSt 352
Mini 255
Larva 240
Soma 239
Zeus 226
[ Show more ]
Last 124
sorry 114
Mind 94
ZerO 83
Pusan 82
Hyun 76
Sexy 46
Shinee 33
soO 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 14
zelot 10
yabsab 6
Britney 1
Dota 2
Gorgc4187
XcaliburYe220
XaKoH 218
canceldota53
Dendi3
Counter-Strike
byalli636
Other Games
gofns30474
singsing1976
Coldzera 690
Happy369
Pyrionflax232
B2W.Neo120
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 8
• Light_VIP 7
• Gemini_19 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV355
League of Legends
• Jankos3488
Upcoming Events
Online Event
55m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 55m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.