• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9186 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 130

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 180 Next
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
February 29 2012 04:42 GMT
#2581
On February 28 2012 12:55 Bluelightz wrote:
Our progress pony is not making any progress

He needs more carrots. Or more sticks. Someone else decide!
you gotta dance
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 29 2012 08:32 GMT
#2582
seeing as ciryandor hasnt posted anything about werewolf yet, i guess i will request this directly here.

i am requesting a ban against sinani206 for playing against his win condition in werewolf mafia. i think intentionally harming your team should never be acceptable.
Computer says mafia
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 10:01:14
February 29 2012 09:28 GMT
#2583
On February 29 2012 17:32 Palmar wrote:
seeing as ciryandor hasnt posted anything about werewolf yet, i guess i will request this directly here.

i am requesting a ban against sinani206 for playing against his win condition in werewolf mafia. i think intentionally harming your team should never be acceptable.


Is this the right game?
his filter

He didn't really play against his wincon, as much as he did not play for it.
I think we should revise that rule to make people play for the wincon.

I support a ban regardless.
He talks about how bad he is, and then while fully acknowledging it, doesn't attempt to do anything about it.

Edit: The rule from that games OP is play to win, whether he was playing against his win-con or just not playing doesn't really matter, he wasn't trying to win.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 29 2012 09:40 GMT
#2584
thanks CC for providing the links.

not playing is playing against your win condition.
Computer says mafia
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
February 29 2012 12:01 GMT
#2585
Everybody can have a bad day. sinani206 usually tries a lot harder, and in his own unique way, to win the games he participates in. This is the first time I've seen him play this apathetically. I think at the very least we owe it to him to ask him what made him play like he did.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
February 29 2012 18:00 GMT
#2586
On February 29 2012 21:01 prplhz wrote:
Everybody can have a bad day. sinani206 usually tries a lot harder, and in his own unique way, to win the games he participates in. This is the first time I've seen him play this apathetically. I think at the very least we owe it to him to ask him what made him play like he did.

i usually post, if i dont post for a game i expect to be mod-killed... previous experiences shouldn't be considered, it should be about that game and that game only. It doesn't matter how many games he participated in actively, he should be banned for "ruining" or "attempting to ruin" the game in question.
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 29 2012 18:12 GMT
#2587
Being inactive or playing poorly are not "playing against your wincondition" guys, it playing poorly or going inactive, period, people have bad games, or suddenly find themselves more occupied than they should be, sinani met the minimum activity requirements AFAIK, and didn't sabotage his wincondition by claiming scum or anything like that, so I hardly think a ban is justified, he just played a terrible game, it happens.
Moderator
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 29 2012 19:12 GMT
#2588
Agree with GMarsh, and I'm usually strict :p
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
February 29 2012 20:09 GMT
#2589
He didn't play to win, and deserves a ban.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 21:07:45
February 29 2012 20:34 GMT
#2590
On March 01 2012 05:09 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
He didn't play to win, and deserves a ban.

If thats the case, does everyone who didn't play perfectly deserve a ban? How about a stupid roleclaim, is that bannable too?
(Palmar, like your cop claim in Ace's Some Normal Game, done for the hell of it).

Inactivity ban if he didn't meet the activity requirements and the host wanted one is fine, random behavioral ban because he was mildly inactive and didn't play well is not fine, because then we get on the slippery slope of "GM claimed medic as town and got lynched for it, he wasn't the medic, OMG not playing to win!" or "Qatol missed his team's last minute voteswitch because he was out at the time! That's not playing to win!"

Plus, its a PM game, it would be a huge pain to have to dig around and find out "hey, did he PM people, was he active in IRC/AIM/GTalk/Skype or anything else?"
Moderator
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 21:31:03
February 29 2012 21:19 GMT
#2591
As someone who has played many times with sinani both on the same team and against him I have no desire to ever play with him again.

He has done the same inactive "playing against win con" in every game he has ever been in, with no intention or effort to change.

I think this should be more the spirit of the rule than the letter, I think 99% of people (the 1% being Nisani) would rather not play with sinani ever and that sentiment more than warrants a harsh ban.

To add on: every single game he does the bare minimum (usually useless one sentence posts trolling or making excuses) to avoid an inactivity modkill and never actually plays the game, only posting useless garbage. Again it's destroying the spirit/purpose of the activity rule while not strictly breaking the letter of it.

The fact that's he done this over and over (and over and over and over) again shows he has no serious intentions of changing. He has avoided getting a big ban because as I mentioned he posts useless crap once in a while to avoid modkills but I think something beyond the standard ban really has to be done about him.

A multi-game ban with a heavy probation (play like that again and face a permanent ban) is what I would suggest.

It seems harsh but he obviously doesn't take Mafia seriously and shouldn't be allowed to play with other people who put effort in unless he plans to change (which he has shown no intention of doing). He is the worst repeat offender too; most people who don't have interest in Mafia get modkilled but either don't come back at all or sit out their bans then play fine from then on. He has no interest in Mafia, skirts inactivity modkills with bullshit posts, and constantly signs up for games.

I had similar feelings for Nisani but he has really shaped up and become an active poster/contributor in the games he's been signing up for. sinani has no such redeeming qualities.
wat
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 29 2012 22:18 GMT
#2592
On March 01 2012 06:19 Curu wrote:
As someone who has played many times with sinani both on the same team and against him I have no desire to ever play with him again.

He has done the same inactive "playing against win con" in every game he has ever been in, with no intention or effort to change.

I think this should be more the spirit of the rule than the letter, I think 99% of people (the 1% being Nisani) would rather not play with sinani ever and that sentiment more than warrants a harsh ban.

To add on: every single game he does the bare minimum (usually useless one sentence posts trolling or making excuses) to avoid an inactivity modkill and never actually plays the game, only posting useless garbage. Again it's destroying the spirit/purpose of the activity rule while not strictly breaking the letter of it.

The fact that's he done this over and over (and over and over and over) again shows he has no serious intentions of changing. He has avoided getting a big ban because as I mentioned he posts useless crap once in a while to avoid modkills but I think something beyond the standard ban really has to be done about him.

A multi-game ban with a heavy probation (play like that again and face a permanent ban) is what I would suggest.

It seems harsh but he obviously doesn't take Mafia seriously and shouldn't be allowed to play with other people who put effort in unless he plans to change (which he has shown no intention of doing). He is the worst repeat offender too; most people who don't have interest in Mafia get modkilled but either don't come back at all or sit out their bans then play fine from then on. He has no interest in Mafia, skirts inactivity modkills with bullshit posts, and constantly signs up for games.

I had similar feelings for Nisani but he has really shaped up and become an active poster/contributor in the games he's been signing up for. sinani has no such redeeming qualities.



Didn't sinani just come off of a multi game ban for steamship? or was it something more recent?
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 29 2012 22:46 GMT
#2593
On March 01 2012 06:19 Curu wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
As someone who has played many times with sinani both on the same team and against him I have no desire to ever play with him again.

He has done the same inactive "playing against win con" in every game he has ever been in, with no intention or effort to change.

I think this should be more the spirit of the rule than the letter, I think 99% of people (the 1% being Nisani) would rather not play with sinani ever and that sentiment more than warrants a harsh ban.

To add on: every single game he does the bare minimum (usually useless one sentence posts trolling or making excuses) to avoid an inactivity modkill and never actually plays the game, only posting useless garbage. Again it's destroying the spirit/purpose of the activity rule while not strictly breaking the letter of it.

The fact that's he done this over and over (and over and over and over) again shows he has no serious intentions of changing. He has avoided getting a big ban because as I mentioned he posts useless crap once in a while to avoid modkills but I think something beyond the standard ban really has to be done about him.

A multi-game ban with a heavy probation (play like that again and face a permanent ban) is what I would suggest.

It seems harsh but he obviously doesn't take Mafia seriously and shouldn't be allowed to play with other people who put effort in unless he plans to change (which he has shown no intention of doing). He is the worst repeat offender too; most people who don't have interest in Mafia get modkilled but either don't come back at all or sit out their bans then play fine from then on. He has no interest in Mafia, skirts inactivity modkills with bullshit posts, and constantly signs up for games.

I had similar feelings for Nisani but he has really shaped up and become an active poster/contributor in the games he's been signing up for. sinani has no such redeeming qualities.

Have you tried talking to him rather than making a request to ban him straight up?
Find him on IRC/AIM/Skype or something and try explaining your concerns to him, rather than trying to bend the banlist to make him change. Its probably a lot more effective than having him banned for not meeting some murky threshold of effort that we could never truly define anyway.
Moderator
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 23:09:57
February 29 2012 23:06 GMT
#2594
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.
wat
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 23:48:45
February 29 2012 23:30 GMT
#2595
On March 01 2012 08:06 Curu wrote:
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.

You can't do it in the middle of a game, you have to address it post or pre-game during a game behaving like that if he is unsure of your alignment is fair game, outside the game you are actually addressing an issue. Frankly, sinani is not the only player who "only posts nonsense", and posting nonsense isn't bannable . The purpose of the banlist is these two things

1.) Bar inactive players from playing. Inactivity is defined as posting X amount of times per cycle (X is defined by the host) and voting every cycle.
2.) Punish people who break the rules of the game, as stated in the OP, as those rules are there to ensure both fairness and fun for everyone. The point of the "Play to win" clause is to have a catchall for things that clearly break the spirit of the game or sabotage it (Claiming mafia day 1, outing yourself a sk for giggles, etc), but aren't spelled out

Can you honestly say sinani falls into either category? Has he broken any rules or broken the inactivity line? Has he violated the spirit of any of the rules, even?

Seriously, sit down and have a chat with him, while neither of you are in the same game, and explain to him, nicely that you think he is really ruining games for you and others, then in a couple games, if it persists, PM me and I'll have a chat with him, the banlist is not here to punish players based on some unmeasured standard of effort. If you'd rather I talked with him, let me know.

EDIT: I think this comes off as a little more aggressive than it should, I'm not in the least bit angry, I'm happy to keep discussing it even, its just that people seem to misunderstand what the banlist is for.

EDIT2: When the hell did I hit 6k?
Moderator
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 29 2012 23:52 GMT
#2596
On March 01 2012 08:30 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 08:06 Curu wrote:
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.

You can't do it in the middle of a game, you have to address it post or pre-game during a game behaving like that if he is unsure of your alignment is fair game, outside the game you are actually addressing an issue. Frankly, sinani is not the only player who "only posts nonsense", and posting nonsense isn't bannable . The purpose of the banlist is these two things

1.) Bar inactive players from playing. Inactivity is defined as posting X amount of times per cycle (X is defined by the host) and voting every cycle.
2.) Punish people who break the rules of the game, as stated in the OP, as those rules are there to ensure both fairness and fun for everyone. The point of the "Play to win" clause is to have a catchall for things that clearly break the spirit of the game or sabotage it (Claiming mafia day 1, outing yourself a sk for giggles, etc), but aren't spelled out

Can you honestly say sinani falls into either category? Has he broken any rules or broken the inactivity line? Has he violated the spirit of any of the rules, even?

Seriously, sit down and have a chat with him, while neither of you are in the same game, and explain to him, nicely that you think he is really ruining games for you and others, then in a couple games, if it persists, PM me and I'll have a chat with him, the banlist is not here to punish players based on some unmeasured standard of effort. If you'd rather I talked with him, let me know.

EDIT: I think this comes off as a little more aggressive than it should, I'm not in the least bit angry, I'm happy to keep discussing it even, its just that people seem to misunderstand what the banlist is for.

EDIT2: When the hell did I hit 6k?



68 posts ago
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
February 29 2012 23:57 GMT
#2597
On March 01 2012 08:30 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 08:06 Curu wrote:
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.

You can't do it in the middle of a game, you have to address it post or pre-game during a game behaving like that if he is unsure of your alignment is fair game, outside the game you are actually addressing an issue. Frankly, sinani is not the only player who "only posts nonsense", and posting nonsense isn't bannable . The purpose of the banlist is these two things

1.) Bar inactive players from playing. Inactivity is defined as posting X amount of times per cycle (X is defined by the host) and voting every cycle.
2.) Punish people who break the rules of the game, as stated in the OP, as those rules are there to ensure both fairness and fun for everyone. The point of the "Play to win" clause is to have a catchall for things that clearly break the spirit of the game or sabotage it (Claiming mafia day 1, outing yourself a sk for giggles, etc), but aren't spelled out

Can you honestly say sinani falls into either category? Has he broken any rules or broken the inactivity line? Has he violated the spirit of any of the rules, even?

Seriously, sit down and have a chat with him, while neither of you are in the same game, and explain to him, nicely that you think he is really ruining games for you and others, then in a couple games, if it persists, PM me and I'll have a chat with him, the banlist is not here to punish players based on some unmeasured standard of effort. If you'd rather I talked with him, let me know.

EDIT: I think this comes off as a little more aggressive than it should, I'm not in the least bit angry, I'm happy to keep discussing it even, its just that people seem to misunderstand what the banlist is for.

EDIT2: When the hell did I hit 6k?


So when he ruins games with his purposeful bad play, thats not bannable?
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 01 2012 00:01 GMT
#2598
On March 01 2012 08:57 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 08:30 GMarshal wrote:
On March 01 2012 08:06 Curu wrote:
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.

You can't do it in the middle of a game, you have to address it post or pre-game during a game behaving like that if he is unsure of your alignment is fair game, outside the game you are actually addressing an issue. Frankly, sinani is not the only player who "only posts nonsense", and posting nonsense isn't bannable . The purpose of the banlist is these two things

1.) Bar inactive players from playing. Inactivity is defined as posting X amount of times per cycle (X is defined by the host) and voting every cycle.
2.) Punish people who break the rules of the game, as stated in the OP, as those rules are there to ensure both fairness and fun for everyone. The point of the "Play to win" clause is to have a catchall for things that clearly break the spirit of the game or sabotage it (Claiming mafia day 1, outing yourself a sk for giggles, etc), but aren't spelled out

Can you honestly say sinani falls into either category? Has he broken any rules or broken the inactivity line? Has he violated the spirit of any of the rules, even?

Seriously, sit down and have a chat with him, while neither of you are in the same game, and explain to him, nicely that you think he is really ruining games for you and others, then in a couple games, if it persists, PM me and I'll have a chat with him, the banlist is not here to punish players based on some unmeasured standard of effort. If you'd rather I talked with him, let me know.

EDIT: I think this comes off as a little more aggressive than it should, I'm not in the least bit angry, I'm happy to keep discussing it even, its just that people seem to misunderstand what the banlist is for.

EDIT2: When the hell did I hit 6k?


So when he ruins games with his purposeful bad play, thats not bannable?

Can you prove he is playing purposefully badly, and isn't just bad and this is the best he can do? Did he in fact "ruin" a game, to the point where it either became unplayabe, caused ragequits or resulted in a modkill? Because if we are banning people for playing poorly, then a lot of people are going to be facing bans.
Playing poorly is not bannable.
Moderator
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 01 2012 00:07 GMT
#2599
On March 01 2012 08:57 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 08:30 GMarshal wrote:
On March 01 2012 08:06 Curu wrote:
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.

You can't do it in the middle of a game, you have to address it post or pre-game during a game behaving like that if he is unsure of your alignment is fair game, outside the game you are actually addressing an issue. Frankly, sinani is not the only player who "only posts nonsense", and posting nonsense isn't bannable . The purpose of the banlist is these two things

1.) Bar inactive players from playing. Inactivity is defined as posting X amount of times per cycle (X is defined by the host) and voting every cycle.
2.) Punish people who break the rules of the game, as stated in the OP, as those rules are there to ensure both fairness and fun for everyone. The point of the "Play to win" clause is to have a catchall for things that clearly break the spirit of the game or sabotage it (Claiming mafia day 1, outing yourself a sk for giggles, etc), but aren't spelled out

Can you honestly say sinani falls into either category? Has he broken any rules or broken the inactivity line? Has he violated the spirit of any of the rules, even?

Seriously, sit down and have a chat with him, while neither of you are in the same game, and explain to him, nicely that you think he is really ruining games for you and others, then in a couple games, if it persists, PM me and I'll have a chat with him, the banlist is not here to punish players based on some unmeasured standard of effort. If you'd rather I talked with him, let me know.

EDIT: I think this comes off as a little more aggressive than it should, I'm not in the least bit angry, I'm happy to keep discussing it even, its just that people seem to misunderstand what the banlist is for.

EDIT2: When the hell did I hit 6k?


So when he ruins games with his purposeful bad play, thats not bannable?

First of all, how do you know he is intentionally playing poorly? Can you prove that he's doing it on purpose? If you can't, just say he's playing poorly.

Secondly, how does him playing poorly ruin the game? Can the game simply not go on after he is lynched? Does he completely ruin the game for the other players? Otherwise, just learn to pick up the slack. There are stronger players and weaker players in games. The stronger players have to learn to compensate for the weaker players. And if they can't, that's part of the game too. You can't ban someone just because they don't play well as long as they're trying to play well.
Uff Da
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
March 01 2012 00:20 GMT
#2600
On March 01 2012 09:07 Qatol wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On March 01 2012 08:57 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 08:30 GMarshal wrote:
On March 01 2012 08:06 Curu wrote:
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.

You can't do it in the middle of a game, you have to address it post or pre-game during a game behaving like that if he is unsure of your alignment is fair game, outside the game you are actually addressing an issue. Frankly, sinani is not the only player who "only posts nonsense", and posting nonsense isn't bannable . The purpose of the banlist is these two things

1.) Bar inactive players from playing. Inactivity is defined as posting X amount of times per cycle (X is defined by the host) and voting every cycle.
2.) Punish people who break the rules of the game, as stated in the OP, as those rules are there to ensure both fairness and fun for everyone. The point of the "Play to win" clause is to have a catchall for things that clearly break the spirit of the game or sabotage it (Claiming mafia day 1, outing yourself a sk for giggles, etc), but aren't spelled out

Can you honestly say sinani falls into either category? Has he broken any rules or broken the inactivity line? Has he violated the spirit of any of the rules, even?

Seriously, sit down and have a chat with him, while neither of you are in the same game, and explain to him, nicely that you think he is really ruining games for you and others, then in a couple games, if it persists, PM me and I'll have a chat with him, the banlist is not here to punish players based on some unmeasured standard of effort. If you'd rather I talked with him, let me know.

EDIT: I think this comes off as a little more aggressive than it should, I'm not in the least bit angry, I'm happy to keep discussing it even, its just that people seem to misunderstand what the banlist is for.

EDIT2: When the hell did I hit 6k?


So when he ruins games with his purposeful bad play, thats not bannable?

First of all, how do you know he is intentionally playing poorly? Can you prove that he's doing it on purpose? If you can't, just say he's playing poorly.

Secondly, how does him playing poorly ruin the game? Can the game simply not go on after he is lynched? Does he completely ruin the game for the other players? Otherwise, just learn to pick up the slack. There are stronger players and weaker players in games. The stronger players have to learn to compensate for the weaker players. And if they can't, that's part of the game too. You can't ban someone just because they don't play well as long as they're trying to play well.

On March 01 2012 09:01 GMarshal wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On March 01 2012 08:57 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 08:30 GMarshal wrote:
On March 01 2012 08:06 Curu wrote:
Yeah I tried in the middle of a game we were playing. All I got was him trolling even harder. Stuff like "u mad bro?" and other crap along those lines.

It's reached a breaking point with him.

Well let's see what others think. I try to be unbiased but I realize that might not be possible with how much he pissed me off in Ace's game where he refused to do anything but post nonsense. I didn't want to cause a big ruckus afterwards with that but to see he's still doing the exact same thing several months later I personally think he deserves some form of punishment.

You can't do it in the middle of a game, you have to address it post or pre-game during a game behaving like that if he is unsure of your alignment is fair game, outside the game you are actually addressing an issue. Frankly, sinani is not the only player who "only posts nonsense", and posting nonsense isn't bannable . The purpose of the banlist is these two things

1.) Bar inactive players from playing. Inactivity is defined as posting X amount of times per cycle (X is defined by the host) and voting every cycle.
2.) Punish people who break the rules of the game, as stated in the OP, as those rules are there to ensure both fairness and fun for everyone. The point of the "Play to win" clause is to have a catchall for things that clearly break the spirit of the game or sabotage it (Claiming mafia day 1, outing yourself a sk for giggles, etc), but aren't spelled out

Can you honestly say sinani falls into either category? Has he broken any rules or broken the inactivity line? Has he violated the spirit of any of the rules, even?

Seriously, sit down and have a chat with him, while neither of you are in the same game, and explain to him, nicely that you think he is really ruining games for you and others, then in a couple games, if it persists, PM me and I'll have a chat with him, the banlist is not here to punish players based on some unmeasured standard of effort. If you'd rather I talked with him, let me know.

EDIT: I think this comes off as a little more aggressive than it should, I'm not in the least bit angry, I'm happy to keep discussing it even, its just that people seem to misunderstand what the banlist is for.

EDIT2: When the hell did I hit 6k?


So when he ruins games with his purposeful bad play, thats not bannable?

Can you prove he is playing purposefully badly, and isn't just bad and this is the best he can do? Did he in fact "ruin" a game, to the point where it either became unplayabe, caused ragequits or resulted in a modkill? Because if we are banning people for playing poorly, then a lot of people are going to be facing bans.
Playing poorly is not bannable.


You both say similar things and I wasn't exactly speaking on just this specific instance (mostly cause I don't want to call only 1 person, who has been here longer than I, out). I think curu makes the argument that it is intentional and consistent.

My argument is more along the lines that playing with no effort (barely avoiding modkills) and posting literally nothing of value, should be bannable. He ruins the game because they are all balanced around the notion that each player will play to their win con.. if he is getting mislynched for no reason other than because he did next to nothing, this is playing against his win condition. A lot of people are willing to put a ton of efforts into this game, only to be at a disadvantage purely because a player like this is on your team
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko160
SpeCial 57
ProTech9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17374
firebathero 2268
Bisu 860
Hyuk 627
Horang2 454
Larva 226
BeSt 216
Light 153
Mini 150
EffOrt 141
[ Show more ]
Soma 106
Leta 95
Rush 85
Barracks 79
Killer 63
Pusan 62
ZerO 62
ToSsGirL 49
Yoon 48
Mong 41
Sharp 40
Sexy 32
Shinee 30
Aegong 29
Mind 28
NaDa 24
Bale 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 17
JulyZerg 16
sorry 15
zelot 12
Noble 11
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
XaKoH 333
Fuzer 186
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss913
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor997
crisheroes891
Other Games
gofns32821
singsing1831
olofmeister1094
B2W.Neo178
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS52
Livibee15
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH88
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 14m
OSC
11h 14m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 14m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.