• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:18
CEST 16:18
KST 23:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7906 users

[IPL] IPL5 Discussion - Page 7

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 398 Next
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
November 28 2012 17:03 GMT
#121
On November 29 2012 01:24 LasTLiE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Curse NA certainly seem to be doing better than before, at least judging from their recent games in the SoloMid Series. Winning two in a row, beating TSM both times(although TSM has seemed to be under performing lately - but that's another topic entirely). While I do think they're playing better, I don't know if it'll be enough to go toe-to-toe with the top Asian or European teams.


I'm really curious how their double assasin combo (with voyboy and nyjacky on diana/kat/akali) will work out in the LAN environment. I'm almost 100% sure that they are going to show it at IPL5

Also, the bruiser mid that Fnatic(?) beat CLG.EU with at Dreamhack. Hopefully we'll see something of that.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 28 2012 17:37 GMT
#122
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
November 28 2012 17:41 GMT
#123
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 28 2012 17:46 GMT
#124
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
November 28 2012 18:01 GMT
#125
On November 29 2012 02:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.



You should do summaries similar to the GSL ones posted by Waxangel and co.

I freaking love reading those at work, when I can't watch streams but just gotta know what happened.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 28 2012 18:03 GMT
#126
On November 29 2012 03:01 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 02:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.



You should do summaries similar to the GSL ones posted by Waxangel and co.

I freaking love reading those at work, when I can't watch streams but just gotta know what happened.


Link?

Depending on how busy I am at IPL5, I may or may not do it when I get back to the hotel at the end of the night. :O

Not knowing my role at IPL5 yet really hinders what I can plan to do for TL.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-28 18:12:25
November 28 2012 18:09 GMT
#127
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


I love aphromoo, but I think he is pretty overrated. In my opinion, his laning phase is very up and down, and his late game play is worse than other top NA ADs (qtpie, Chaox, doublelift). He's solid, and able to play with the best, but nothing special imo.

I think FeaR's main strengths right now are mancloud, and xmithie. Mancloud is a beast right now, definetely up there with jiji, scarra and jacky as the best mids in NA. Xmithie is up there with saint and chauster as the strongest junglers in NA right now, with TOO and dominate not playing too well.

I think FeaR's strength is that they have 3 solid lanes (gosu zuna also looking pretty good right now) and a good jungler. Their weaknesses are that they don't have any standout player (think doublelift, jacky) to provide that ace in the hole, and they don't have as much experience in team fights as CLG, TSM, Dig or Curse.

Imo as it is, they won't beat any of the top tier teams in a series (except for TSM LOL), but I think they're contesting with Quantic for 5th best team in NA.

Still 22hrs away zz :/
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
November 28 2012 18:39 GMT
#128
If an NA team is going to break out and show the world that we're not a doormat, i really want it to be one with a good work ethic. Right now I'm not convinced that's any of them.
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
November 28 2012 19:00 GMT
#129
On November 29 2012 03:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 03:01 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.



You should do summaries similar to the GSL ones posted by Waxangel and co.

I freaking love reading those at work, when I can't watch streams but just gotta know what happened.


Link?

Depending on how busy I am at IPL5, I may or may not do it when I get back to the hotel at the end of the night. :O

Not knowing my role at IPL5 yet really hinders what I can plan to do for TL.



http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=383510 <- Here's a good example.

Recap of the games, background on both players, who won, how each game developed, the strategy of each player, how each player executed that strategy, and previews/predictions for next week. Waxangel is known for his somewhat scathing reviews - he doesn't pull punches about players not practicing or making mistakes. The LoL version would include pick/bans as well, I assume.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 28 2012 19:15 GMT
#130
On November 29 2012 04:00 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 03:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 03:01 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.



You should do summaries similar to the GSL ones posted by Waxangel and co.

I freaking love reading those at work, when I can't watch streams but just gotta know what happened.


Link?

Depending on how busy I am at IPL5, I may or may not do it when I get back to the hotel at the end of the night. :O

Not knowing my role at IPL5 yet really hinders what I can plan to do for TL.



http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=383510 <- Here's a good example.

Recap of the games, background on both players, who won, how each game developed, the strategy of each player, how each player executed that strategy, and previews/predictions for next week. Waxangel is known for his somewhat scathing reviews - he doesn't pull punches about players not practicing or making mistakes. The LoL version would include pick/bans as well, I assume.


A terror with how many games are played each day, haha.
But I plan on jotting down notes for all the games I watch, along with TL LoL staff. If there is a seriously good match/set, I'll stay up to write up a recap of it.

That's how much I like you guys.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
November 28 2012 19:18 GMT
#131
It might be an interesting idea to try for The Champions or Season 3. Definitely going to be hard for the weekend tournaments since there are so many games every day.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
November 28 2012 19:27 GMT
#132
On November 29 2012 04:15 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 04:00 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 03:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 03:01 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.



You should do summaries similar to the GSL ones posted by Waxangel and co.

I freaking love reading those at work, when I can't watch streams but just gotta know what happened.


Link?

Depending on how busy I am at IPL5, I may or may not do it when I get back to the hotel at the end of the night. :O

Not knowing my role at IPL5 yet really hinders what I can plan to do for TL.



http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=383510 <- Here's a good example.

Recap of the games, background on both players, who won, how each game developed, the strategy of each player, how each player executed that strategy, and previews/predictions for next week. Waxangel is known for his somewhat scathing reviews - he doesn't pull punches about players not practicing or making mistakes. The LoL version would include pick/bans as well, I assume.


A terror with how many games are played each day, haha.
But I plan on jotting down notes for all the games I watch, along with TL LoL staff. If there is a seriously good match/set, I'll stay up to write up a recap of it.

That's how much I like you guys.



Doing that sort of indepth analysis for an entire tournament would be really hard, but wouldn't be as difficult for the "few match a week" style IPL league stuff
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 28 2012 19:28 GMT
#133
On November 29 2012 04:27 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 04:15 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 04:00 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 03:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 03:01 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.



You should do summaries similar to the GSL ones posted by Waxangel and co.

I freaking love reading those at work, when I can't watch streams but just gotta know what happened.


Link?

Depending on how busy I am at IPL5, I may or may not do it when I get back to the hotel at the end of the night. :O

Not knowing my role at IPL5 yet really hinders what I can plan to do for TL.



http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=383510 <- Here's a good example.

Recap of the games, background on both players, who won, how each game developed, the strategy of each player, how each player executed that strategy, and previews/predictions for next week. Waxangel is known for his somewhat scathing reviews - he doesn't pull punches about players not practicing or making mistakes. The LoL version would include pick/bans as well, I assume.


A terror with how many games are played each day, haha.
But I plan on jotting down notes for all the games I watch, along with TL LoL staff. If there is a seriously good match/set, I'll stay up to write up a recap of it.

That's how much I like you guys.



Doing that sort of indepth analysis for an entire tournament would be really hard, but wouldn't be as difficult for the "few match a week" style IPL league stuff


If I do do this, it would only be one game/set per day. Would be impossible for me to cover more than that. ;_;
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 28 2012 19:37 GMT
#134
On November 29 2012 03:09 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


I love aphromoo, but I think he is pretty overrated. In my opinion, his laning phase is very up and down, and his late game play is worse than other top NA ADs (qtpie, Chaox, doublelift). He's solid, and able to play with the best, but nothing special imo.

I think FeaR's main strengths right now are mancloud, and xmithie. Mancloud is a beast right now, definetely up there with jiji, scarra and jacky as the best mids in NA. Xmithie is up there with saint and chauster as the strongest junglers in NA right now, with TOO and dominate not playing too well.

I think FeaR's strength is that they have 3 solid lanes (gosu zuna also looking pretty good right now) and a good jungler. Their weaknesses are that they don't have any standout player (think doublelift, jacky) to provide that ace in the hole, and they don't have as much experience in team fights as CLG, TSM, Dig or Curse.

Imo as it is, they won't beat any of the top tier teams in a series (except for TSM LOL), but I think they're contesting with Quantic for 5th best team in NA.

Still 22hrs away zz :/

I feel like Xmithie is their weak link at the moment, he's super inconsistent. He has just as many bad games as he has good ones. Jury is still out on Zuna imo, he's had his ups and downs as well. Agree about Mancloud and Aphro, except I think Aphro definitely has the potential to be on that level, he just makes a few too many mistakes, his mechanics are pretty up there (espeically his VAYNE MECHANICS!) I've liked these guys for a while (mTw.NA days, not quite all the way back to Goose) so I really want them to do well.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
November 28 2012 19:40 GMT
#135
On November 29 2012 04:28 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 04:27 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 04:15 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 04:00 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 03:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 03:01 Crownlol wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:41 WhiteDog wrote:
On November 29 2012 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


mancloud, please step it up. FeaR just going to dwindle around B tier otherwise.
dig is still top 3 in NA imo, despite an amazing throwing arm. zz

On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Crs.eu is much better but after reading about Crs.eu's attitude after winning TotL, it's massively disappointing.

What did they do ?


The name escapes me right now nor can I find the thread on reddit but the Crs.eu member (Support player iirc) who just quit the team right before IPL5 said that Crs.eu just became lackidasical and partied hard after winning TotL. They did zero prep for DHW12 and as a result, they failed to make it out of Group Stage.

I stressed this a lot in the DreamHack wrap-up. A team that goes from winning a tournament to failing to make it out of groups has big issues.



You should do summaries similar to the GSL ones posted by Waxangel and co.

I freaking love reading those at work, when I can't watch streams but just gotta know what happened.


Link?

Depending on how busy I am at IPL5, I may or may not do it when I get back to the hotel at the end of the night. :O

Not knowing my role at IPL5 yet really hinders what I can plan to do for TL.



http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=383510 <- Here's a good example.

Recap of the games, background on both players, who won, how each game developed, the strategy of each player, how each player executed that strategy, and previews/predictions for next week. Waxangel is known for his somewhat scathing reviews - he doesn't pull punches about players not practicing or making mistakes. The LoL version would include pick/bans as well, I assume.


A terror with how many games are played each day, haha.
But I plan on jotting down notes for all the games I watch, along with TL LoL staff. If there is a seriously good match/set, I'll stay up to write up a recap of it.

That's how much I like you guys.



Doing that sort of indepth analysis for an entire tournament would be really hard, but wouldn't be as difficult for the "few match a week" style IPL league stuff


If I do do this, it would only be one game/set per day. Would be impossible for me to cover more than that. ;_;


I guess you'd need help then...
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
November 28 2012 20:00 GMT
#136
I'm looking forward to watching WE play. Chinese teams usually do the coolest strategies. Especially IG, too bad they're not in the tourney.
Platinum Support GOD
Chiharu Harukaze
Profile Joined September 2011
12112 Posts
November 28 2012 20:10 GMT
#137
Like Neo said, as much as the staff would love to do coverage as heavy as the GSL, it's probably not feasible right now sadly.
It's like, "Is the Federation's Mobile Suit some kind of monster?"
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 28 2012 20:14 GMT
#138
On November 29 2012 05:10 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
Like Neo said, as much as the staff would love to do coverage as heavy as the GSL, it's probably not feasible right now sadly.

no we wouldn't i'm lazy
Moderator
Chiharu Harukaze
Profile Joined September 2011
12112 Posts
November 28 2012 20:15 GMT
#139
On November 29 2012 05:14 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 05:10 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
Like Neo said, as much as the staff would love to do coverage as heavy as the GSL, it's probably not feasible right now sadly.

no we wouldn't i'm lazy

Shh stop ruining the illusion Yango! D:
It's like, "Is the Federation's Mobile Suit some kind of monster?"
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 28 2012 20:39 GMT
#140
On November 29 2012 05:15 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2012 05:14 TheYango wrote:
On November 29 2012 05:10 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
Like Neo said, as much as the staff would love to do coverage as heavy as the GSL, it's probably not feasible right now sadly.

no we wouldn't i'm lazy

Shh stop ruining the illusion Yango! D:


When Moonbear is brought below 40% industriousness, he instantly becomes stealthed for half a second. When the stealth fades, he creates a duplicate account that can browse, post, has 53 + (17 x level) less post count, and lasts for up to 8 months. This can only occur once per season, regardless of post count. The duplicate's posts will proc social effects (including adulation).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 398 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 365
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings152
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1156
Lowko540
TKL 243
ProTech124
Rex 124
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57727
Free 1776
Horang2 321
firebathero 243
Zeus 188
Last 110
Hyun 80
ToSsGirL 77
910 71
Trap 60
[ Show more ]
soO 32
Rock 21
Bishop 21
Aegong 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7643
Dendi911
XaKoH 425
420jenkins77
canceldota41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2629
byalli670
Other Games
singsing2264
Mlord446
Beastyqt377
KnowMe160
Liquid`VortiX104
DeMusliM102
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2830
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1491
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 42m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.