• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7853 users

[IPL] IPL5 Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 398 Next
skykh
Profile Joined September 2012
3006 Posts
November 28 2012 09:11 GMT
#101
We got possible m5 vs blaze(world elite) or tpa vs blaze or world elite. On the other side we probaly got tsm vs clg.na(clg.eu) ipl is so based not only they screw the only one korean team placing them in the most difficult bracket and the other one is that they do a open wildcard qualifier for na teams? Why they can just invite another korean team?
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
November 28 2012 10:33 GMT
#102
On November 28 2012 18:11 skykh wrote:
We got possible m5 vs blaze(world elite) or tpa vs blaze or world elite. On the other side we probaly got tsm vs clg.na(clg.eu) ipl is so based not only they screw the only one korean team placing them in the most difficult bracket and the other one is that they do a open wildcard qualifier for na teams? Why they can just invite another korean team?


They wanted 1 team for each asian region afaik. But I agree that inviting 2 Korean teams would have been nicer.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Cuddle
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1345 Posts
November 28 2012 10:42 GMT
#103
01:00 CET Finals...Zzzz

Fnatic better not make it to the finals or I'll lose my job. :/
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 28 2012 11:29 GMT
#104
On November 28 2012 08:37 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 06:36 JBright wrote:
Apparently Bo7 with 2 game lead.


so like potentially around a 10hr series, if there are technical glitches it'll be worlds 2.0...

bo7 seems too long for LoL imo


it's a maximum of 5 games... the team coming from loser's bracket has to win 4-1. 2xBo3 is a much better format but it could take forever
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
divinesage
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore649 Posts
November 28 2012 12:19 GMT
#105
My Power Rankings

1. AZB
2. M5
3. TPA
4. WE
5. CLG EU
6. Fnatic
7. CLG NA
8. SGS
9. TSM
10. Crs NA
11. FeaR
12. TD
13. IceLanD
14. Meat
15. Crs EU
16. Blackbean


I have a feeling that if AZB play their game like in MLG Fall they would be unstoppable. As to why TPA falls behind M5, one of the reasons why TPA could have possibly won in WC was because they were an unfamiliar team, as they are way more prominent now, I think teams which prepare hard for TPA will be able to overcome them, and the team with the highest chance of that is M5. The next four teams have shown to be strong as of late, and their recent performances would put them in good stead here. The next few teams I feel are about the same level, and its only their current form and experience of the team that would determine who wins if they go head to head.

As for the last four, IceLanD probably could rank higher up but I'm not too familiar with the team. Meat is a new team and will need some time to get better, but I won't be surprised if they placed much higher. Crs EU on the other hand might be in quite a bit of trouble after SuperAZE leaves in the last minute, citing lack of practice and complacency in the team. Blackbean, unfortunately I would place last due to the relative weakness of the Thai scene. But again I won't be surprised if they do take a few games off the mid-table teams as their playstyle is unfamiliar and they're coming into this tournament as the biggest underdogs with nothing to lose.

I wonder how my predictions for IPL5 will turn out..
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
November 28 2012 12:55 GMT
#106
On November 28 2012 21:19 divinesage wrote:
My Power Rankings

1. AZB
2. M5
3. TPA
4. WE
5. CLG EU
6. Fnatic
7. CLG NA
8. SGS
9. TSM
10. Crs NA
11. FeaR
12. TD
13. IceLanD
14. Meat
15. Crs EU
16. Blackbean


Good ranking, I generally agree. Although I would place M5 a little lower and crs.eu a little higher, despite their support leaving them.
Off-season = best season
Vlanitak
Profile Joined November 2009
Norway3045 Posts
November 28 2012 13:11 GMT
#107
Im going to say that, while I do think blaze makes it to the 3rd/4th place match, I doubt they can make it to the finals let alone win. Overall blaze do not seem that strong atm, weak plays in OGN (same goes for Najin Sword) and an overall feel that they still need to work on their team leaves me to believe that they wont get 1st/2nd. M5 isnt looking to bad atm either, but also they have been slumping a bit (though not significantly) and they still lack a solution to the: "we only really know 1 good strat" problem. I still think they can beat any EU or NA team, but it will take a bit for them to beat TPA, Blaze or WE.

For 1 spot i am thinking WE, they are looking really strong atm overall, and are pretty much undefeatable in China. Much like my #2 choice of TPA is in Taiwan.

As for underdogs this tournament: IceLanD, oh glory Mikakotabe is back! and Iceland looks to have a relativly okay lineup, that plus asian training regimes equals something to look out for. Though maybe not an underdog after DH:W I believe Fnatic will do remarkably well.

Those are my top 6 (3rd-6th in no particular order)

rest are probably going to look something like this:
7: CLG.eu
8. CLG.na
9. CLG...errr Crs.na

and rest in noparticualar order (I believe sgs will have problems once again, curse.eu are either up with the 3 clg teams or down with the bottom teams, Fear might have a strong showing, but them taking games of the bigger teams outside of NA isnt something I think we'll see, as for TSM... ye.. no. Meat are good although young, blackbean is a wildcard, TD is TD=
washed
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
November 28 2012 13:26 GMT
#108
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-28 13:38:09
November 28 2012 13:34 GMT
#109
I can't really remember seeing that much potential out of fear. Aphromoo isn't anything special in lan play against other good bot laners and even as shit as clg.na always is they tend to be able to stay in the trokia for a reason.

And shit my bracket has blaze vs m5 and then tpa vs we in the quarters. Damm thats hard decisions.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
November 28 2012 13:42 GMT
#110
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
November 28 2012 13:46 GMT
#111
Curse.EU came out of nowhere really. Surprising lots of people. Then if what their ex support says is true after their big win they became rockstars and decided to put little focus on practice. So they will be using a sub this event. I'd rate NA higher than EU too, but NA has a difficult group stage. EU even with the sub has a good shot at making top 2 in theirs.
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
November 28 2012 13:56 GMT
#112
On November 28 2012 22:26 Lysteria wrote:
I would not put Dignitas behind FeaR.
To me, FeaR is a "let's pick late game heroes and get carried by aphromoo" team.
Overall, Dignitas feels stronger, especially after the last Solomid Invitational.


Dignitas isn't in IPL5, they didn't qualify. TD = Team Dynamic.

I think group A is going to be the most fun group to watch, group C is the one I'm most uncertain about the winners. Group D is where the CLG.Bench team needs all of the stars in the universe to align.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
adriftt
Profile Joined March 2012
335 Posts
November 28 2012 14:06 GMT
#113
oh wow I didn't know mikakotabe was on iceland. maybe they will make some noise at the tournament then.

Tournaments really need to realize whats going on and give KR more than 1 spot though. I would have loved to see KT B or Frost instead of TD/blackbean/whoever.
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
November 28 2012 14:11 GMT
#114
On November 28 2012 22:56 Doctorbeat wrote:
Dignitas isn't in IPL5, they didn't qualify. TD = Team Dynamic.


Aww.
And for Curse.na, Voyboy seems to be a nice addition for their roster, he's much more solid than Westrice.
LasTLiE
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States428 Posts
November 28 2012 16:24 GMT
#115
On November 28 2012 22:42 RouaF wrote:
Are crs.na good ? I thought crs.eu were way better but somehow you rank them almost last. I think they're going to do better than that


Curse NA certainly seem to be doing better than before, at least judging from their recent games in the SoloMid Series. Winning two in a row, beating TSM both times(although TSM has seemed to be under performing lately - but that's another topic entirely). While I do think they're playing better, I don't know if it'll be enough to go toe-to-toe with the top Asian or European teams.
"[21:01] kjwcj: i wanna put an aftermarket heatsink on your northbridge, lastlie" http://twitter.com/ThatGuyLastly
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 28 2012 16:28 GMT
#116
On November 28 2012 22:11 Vlanitak wrote:
For 1 spot i am thinking WE, they are looking really strong atm overall, and are pretty much undefeatable in China. Much like my #2 choice of TPA is in Taiwan.

I think predicting WE #1 is ambitious--not because I think they don't have the ability, but because they still haven't broken their reputation of underperforming in foreign LANs.

On November 28 2012 22:11 Vlanitak wrote:
As for underdogs this tournament: IceLanD, oh glory Mikakotabe is back! and Iceland looks to have a relativly okay lineup, that plus asian training regimes equals something to look out for. Though maybe not an underdog after DH:W I believe Fnatic will do remarkably well.

Is Tabe on Iceland? I know he was on Royal for TGA--did something happen?
Moderator
foxmeep
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia2337 Posts
November 28 2012 16:34 GMT
#117
On November 28 2012 21:19 divinesage wrote:
My Power Rankings

1. AZB
2. M5
3. TPA
4. WE
5. CLG EU
6. Fnatic
7. CLG NA
8. SGS
9. TSM
10. Crs NA
11. FeaR
12. TD
13. IceLanD
14. Meat
15. Crs EU
16. Blackbean


I have a feeling that if AZB play their game like in MLG Fall they would be unstoppable. As to why TPA falls behind M5, one of the reasons why TPA could have possibly won in WC was because they were an unfamiliar team, as they are way more prominent now, I think teams which prepare hard for TPA will be able to overcome them, and the team with the highest chance of that is M5. The next four teams have shown to be strong as of late, and their recent performances would put them in good stead here. The next few teams I feel are about the same level, and its only their current form and experience of the team that would determine who wins if they go head to head.

As for the last four, IceLanD probably could rank higher up but I'm not too familiar with the team. Meat is a new team and will need some time to get better, but I won't be surprised if they placed much higher. Crs EU on the other hand might be in quite a bit of trouble after SuperAZE leaves in the last minute, citing lack of practice and complacency in the team. Blackbean, unfortunately I would place last due to the relative weakness of the Thai scene. But again I won't be surprised if they do take a few games off the mid-table teams as their playstyle is unfamiliar and they're coming into this tournament as the biggest underdogs with nothing to lose.

I wonder how my predictions for IPL5 will turn out..


TPA played very similar to the Koreans and M5 IMO, but they just took it to another level at WC. It wasn't really that what they did was unexpected, it was just executed to perfection. The calculations in their dives and the coordination in their team roaming was just brilliant.
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
November 28 2012 16:42 GMT
#118
On November 29 2012 01:28 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 22:11 Vlanitak wrote:
For 1 spot i am thinking WE, they are looking really strong atm overall, and are pretty much undefeatable in China. Much like my #2 choice of TPA is in Taiwan.

I think predicting WE #1 is ambitious--not because I think they don't have the ability, but because they still haven't broken their reputation of underperforming in foreign LANs.

At this point I'd say that could also be a plus due to the lower pressure on them. In contrast, I believe TPA will have a very hard time at this tournament due to expectations and the way their opponents will treat the matches against them. Something that TPA took full advantage of against M5 at Worlds now becomes their own problem.
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-28 16:47:05
November 28 2012 16:46 GMT
#119
I'm making a bold statement, but I don't see any NA team winning a bo3 at all against fnatic and curse.eu. They showed some strong games lately.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
krutopatkin
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany2612 Posts
November 28 2012 16:47 GMT
#120
On November 28 2012 22:46 Irave wrote:
Curse.EU came out of nowhere really. Surprising lots of people. Then if what their ex support says is true after their big win they became rockstars and decided to put little focus on practice. So they will be using a sub this event. I'd rate NA higher than EU too, but NA has a difficult group stage. EU even with the sub has a good shot at making top 2 in theirs.


Crs.EU didnt really come out of nowhere tbh, have been beating the likes of M5 and CLG.EU in online tourneys for ages, just the big lan breakout was missing until the tales of the lane tournament.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 398 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 365
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings152
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1156
Lowko540
TKL 243
ProTech124
Rex 124
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57727
Free 1776
Horang2 321
firebathero 243
Zeus 188
Last 110
Hyun 80
ToSsGirL 77
910 71
Trap 60
[ Show more ]
soO 32
Rock 21
Bishop 21
Aegong 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Yoon 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7643
Dendi937
XaKoH 425
420jenkins77
canceldota51
Counter-Strike
fl0m2694
byalli670
Other Games
singsing2264
Mlord485
Beastyqt377
KnowMe162
Liquid`VortiX104
DeMusliM102
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2830
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1491
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 41m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.