• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:48
CEST 11:48
KST 18:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7667 users

[Champion] Amumu - Page 5

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 21 Next All
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
May 02 2011 18:58 GMT
#81
So what are the viable starting items for jungle mumu now?
Is cloth+5pot the only viable opener?

I like aegis but it felt like my gold farm was significantly decreased from the HoG nerf. Would it be possible to open regrowth into philo for the jungle?
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-02 19:07:19
May 02 2011 19:06 GMT
#82
On May 03 2011 03:58 BloodNinja wrote:
So what are the viable starting items for jungle mumu now?
Is cloth+5pot the only viable opener?

I like aegis but it felt like my gold farm was significantly decreased from the HoG nerf. Would it be possible to open regrowth into philo for the jungle?

Sapphire + 2 pots works, but you have to take a different jungle route because you need to return to the fountain earlier- still should have enough gold to buy boots though.

Typically a first jungle run will last between roughly 2:00 and 3:40, so in those 100 seconds a regrowth pendant will regen 300 HP, plus one health pot, that comes up to 500 HP so slightly more total healing than Sapphire + 2 pots, so I guess it could also work.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
May 02 2011 19:18 GMT
#83
On May 03 2011 04:06 Zato-1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 03:58 BloodNinja wrote:
So what are the viable starting items for jungle mumu now?
Is cloth+5pot the only viable opener?

I like aegis but it felt like my gold farm was significantly decreased from the HoG nerf. Would it be possible to open regrowth into philo for the jungle?

Sapphire + 2 pots works, but you have to take a different jungle route because you need to return to the fountain earlier- still should have enough gold to buy boots though.

Typically a first jungle run will last between roughly 2:00 and 3:40, so in those 100 seconds a regrowth pendant will regen 300 HP, plus one health pot, that comes up to 500 HP so slightly more total healing than Sapphire + 2 pots, so I guess it could also work.


Hmmm, I may have to try this. It had been awhile since I played amumu in a a game so maybe I just was not used to it. It jsut felt like my gold had taken a serious hit from my memories of getting a HoG or 2 upfront.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
May 02 2011 23:05 GMT
#84
On May 03 2011 03:58 BloodNinja wrote:
So what are the viable starting items for jungle mumu now?
Is cloth+5pot the only viable opener?

I like aegis but it felt like my gold farm was significantly decreased from the HoG nerf. Would it be possible to open regrowth into philo for the jungle?

I've been opening regrowth+1pot for amumu jungle for a while now. The only problem with that opener is that you pretty much have to start at blue, otherwise you have serious mana problems. I tried doing the small golems -> wraiths -> wolves -> recall route, but I find that sometimes I'm too low on mana after the first wraiths camp and it takes too long to complete wolves and I have to recall before wolves.

Starting at blue though, is completely fine as with regrowth+1pot you have plenty of hp to complete the jungle run, especially if you have your teammates help you at blue.

I don't like going cloth+5pot because the cloth armor is more or less dead weight until/unless you get Randuins or Aegis, which I don't really like to do. Philo stone is also insane in that it lets you be much more active about ganking without blue pilling while not losing out on too much farm. I like going regrowth+1pot, then philo, boots, one hog, into w/e tank items I need; usually a sunfire + fon as the "core," with abyssal, frozen heart, randuins, banshees, etc... as needed depending on enemy team comp.
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
May 02 2011 23:09 GMT
#85
I still have no issues opening cloth+pots and building aegis.
If counterjungled I can go twingols-wraiths-wolves or wolves-twingols-wraiths (obviously the first is preferable), use 1/2 pots and b with enough gold for boots and another pot or a ward.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 03 2011 15:18 GMT
#86
On May 03 2011 04:06 Zato-1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 03:58 BloodNinja wrote:
So what are the viable starting items for jungle mumu now?
Is cloth+5pot the only viable opener?

I like aegis but it felt like my gold farm was significantly decreased from the HoG nerf. Would it be possible to open regrowth into philo for the jungle?

Sapphire + 2 pots works, but you have to take a different jungle route because you need to return to the fountain earlier- still should have enough gold to buy boots though.



??????

I run Sapphire + 2 pots and jungle normally. In fact, a bunch of people have expressed surprise and dismay at start of games as I open this and go to blue and I laugh in their face when I come out the same. The only real issue is that it takes two passes to finish Cata (you get ~450 per pass on average) so you're offensively very slow or at risk.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
May 03 2011 18:27 GMT
#87
On May 04 2011 00:18 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 04:06 Zato-1 wrote:
On May 03 2011 03:58 BloodNinja wrote:
So what are the viable starting items for jungle mumu now?
Is cloth+5pot the only viable opener?

I like aegis but it felt like my gold farm was significantly decreased from the HoG nerf. Would it be possible to open regrowth into philo for the jungle?

Sapphire + 2 pots works, but you have to take a different jungle route because you need to return to the fountain earlier- still should have enough gold to buy boots though.



??????

I run Sapphire + 2 pots and jungle normally. In fact, a bunch of people have expressed surprise and dismay at start of games as I open this and go to blue and I laugh in their face when I come out the same. The only real issue is that it takes two passes to finish Cata (you get ~450 per pass on average) so you're offensively very slow or at risk.

Can you do Blue -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems -> Red before porting back if you start Sapphire + 2 pots? Because that's what I do when I open Cloth Armor + 5 pots, which lets me get boots, a ward and still have plenty left over for more pots on the first time back to base. That's what I mean by having to take a different jungle route.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 21:05:14
May 03 2011 21:04 GMT
#88
I don't remember if I do red before backing primarily because I prefer to have as high hp as possible when ganking, so I tend to favor leaving it open for when I actually am going to use it. But yes.

Edit:
First back always gets me the Ruby, which is why I said three passes to finish Cata.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
May 03 2011 21:05 GMT
#89
why would you do red if you go home before ganking? you waste 40 sec of the red buff..
And all is illuminated.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
May 03 2011 21:20 GMT
#90
On May 04 2011 06:05 freelander wrote:
why would you do red if you go home before ganking? you waste 40 sec of the red buff..

Prevent it from getting stolen/respawn timing?
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 03 2011 21:27 GMT
#91
On May 04 2011 06:05 freelander wrote:
why would you do red if you go home before ganking? you waste 40 sec of the red buff..


Gank with full health as opposed to 60-80%?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 09 2011 17:27 GMT
#92
On April 13 2011 00:53 Southlight wrote:
Lanemumu


Mostly the same. Switched gold quints to flat armor, open Pstone into Abyssal into whatever, usually based on game and damage output. If I need armor then I'll get a relatively quick Funfire, otherwise straight to AP. Ideal armor item if you're not in a hurry is Hourglass, as the statue effect is hilarious on a tanky tank. You'll usually find that you have high armor/MR with the strat but die relatively quick anyways due to the low max HP, so you if you want you can try to supplement with Rod of Ages and such, but yeah. Sunfire or Rylai definitely increase survivability a fair bit from the HP but he'll hit like a truck if you get AP so it's a delicate balance :>

Also this strat confuses me, makes no sense, but is my #1 tryhard for some reason. Yeah, this game makes sense. umad, Ashe?
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
419
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Russian Federation3632 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 08:12:17
May 10 2011 08:10 GMT
#93
Hello -- pardon the nub question, but judging from the discussion am I to infer that jungle Amumu is not viable without a full rune set?

A lowly level 12 here, and I've had mixed results while laning with Amumu. Is jungling strictly better for this champ?
?
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 08:22:13
May 10 2011 08:20 GMT
#94
jungling is better for him because he is not a big threat on lane.
there are champs who he can farm ok against in lane, but there are no champs he beats clearly.

in the jungle he can reliably farm with his aoe spells

edit:

you need armor runes on him to jungle. probably you cant do it without a lot of help on a lvl 12 account
And all is illuminated.
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
May 10 2011 08:23 GMT
#95
Jungling is imo stricktly better on him. I don't really know about jungling him at low level now tho.
I used to do it when i was around level 15, but that was quite a few patches ago. But with the leash change and some help from your team you should be able to do it. Once you get the blue buff it's piece of cake after, just recall before the red, buy boots, get lizard and gank.
Still best way to know is just try in a practice game
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 10 2011 17:40 GMT
#96
On May 10 2011 17:10 419 wrote:
Hello -- pardon the nub question, but judging from the discussion am I to infer that jungle Amumu is not viable without a full rune set?


It's feasible, but not safe, prone to counterjungling, slow, and costly (from a gold perspective). Reasoning is fairly simple - compared to other junglers he doesn't have sustainability, so that his HP is always on a constant decline (as opposed to others than jungle and regain/stay stable). Proper runesets blunt this decline and make him proportionally safer, faster, and more flexible. Also, one of (if not) the best junglmumu openings is impossible without the proper runesets (Cata opening).
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
May 10 2011 17:47 GMT
#97
To be fair, however, there is basically 0 chance of getting counterjungled if you're low summoner level. If you get t1 armor yellows + blues and some useful t1 reds and some mitigation from the defense tree you're fine (get a pull on blue). Ideally you'd wait till about level 20 though so you can get the exp mastery from utility and still get down the defense tree appreciably before jungling, but you can try earlier (it's a real pain not to have the exp mastery though because you won't hit level 1 after golem, nor level 4 after one full clear).

You will lose out on some item and path options by being lower level, but having a jungler is still probably on the whole better than not having one, at least in my experience.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 10 2011 17:50 GMT
#98
Alright I'll probably update this with Uta's builds if I try them later today...been a while since I really jungled on him.
I'm assuming Cata first ---> boots --> Aegis parts --> etc (Sunfire/BV/Abyssal/usual stuff)?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 10 2011 17:52 GMT
#99
My build is primarily for solo lane but you can do the same build jungle, just replace PStone with Cata.

Pstone -> Abyssal -> Deathcap/Funfire -> etc.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 17:55:25
May 10 2011 17:54 GMT
#100
I meant the jungle build not the LolAP one. :D
Edit: And wait, Amumu solo lane? My brain is breaking....
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10354
Rain 3257
soO 430
BeSt 395
Stork 386
Soulkey 344
Soma 316
Rush 224
firebathero 216
Barracks 157
[ Show more ]
Sexy 82
Shinee 44
Killer 33
Shine 24
sorry 24
HiyA 22
Sharp 20
Sacsri 18
hero 16
yabsab 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Terrorterran 10
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5291
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns34305
singsing1090
Pyrionflax197
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 51
• 3DClanTV 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV156
League of Legends
• Jankos2681
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12m
CranKy Ducklings5
Patches Events
5h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
OSC
13h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.