• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:04
CEST 17:04
KST 00:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8124 users

[Champion] Amumu - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
February 18 2011 23:22 GMT
#21
Yeah I've never understood the "predictable" argument. Everybody runs basically the same path (Blue -> small golems) on every jungler but Shaco unless they get counter-jungled or something. The two major things holding Amumu back were his dependency on blue and the fact that he got pretty low on HP while doing the usual path and both of those were helped somewhat by this latest buff.
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
February 18 2011 23:34 GMT
#22
I would say he doesn't have the burst damage that other junglers have to secure the buff. He just has w, which is easy to interrupt without protection

Udyr - Q
Olaf - Q or W? I don't play him
Trundle - Q
Yi - Q
Nasus - Q
Nunu - Q
ô¿ô
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
February 19 2011 01:38 GMT
#23
On February 19 2011 08:22 arnath wrote:
Yeah I've never understood the "predictable" argument. Everybody runs basically the same path (Blue -> small golems) on every jungler but Shaco unless they get counter-jungled or something. The two major things holding Amumu back were his dependency on blue and the fact that he got pretty low on HP while doing the usual path and both of those were helped somewhat by this latest buff.


I run at least a wraith jack when I jungle. Only a miniscule amount of junglers at 1200-1400 actually counter jungle. If Amumu doesn't get his jungle disrupted then he is an absolute pimp.

I loved seeing Amumu jungle on the enemy team before the buff because it meant free first blood, haven't jungled against him since the patch though.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 19:18:44
February 19 2011 01:47 GMT
#24
I think people honestly overstate how "predictable" Amumu is. While starting at blue certainly is ideal, he can reasonably wraith jack, start at your team's wraiths, or minigols while maintaining decent speed. He can't start at red or do more aggressive counterjungling starts, but he doesn't need to, because he's definitely a stronger mid/lategame champion than junglers that are stronger than him early.
Moderator
ManBearPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Belgium207 Posts
February 19 2011 16:01 GMT
#25
Wow watching jiji's stream just now, Lilballz on mumu cleared jungle in 4:00 (with some help at blue tho) and had enough hp for double buff gank and got fb for his team. Maybe it was because of the help at blue, but if I recall correctly, before minions MR buff mumu couldnt rly do complete jungle and have enough hp for safe gank? did his recent buff change that much? I've never ran armor runes on him tho, but I did go 1-14-15, think that might make a difference?
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
February 19 2011 17:29 GMT
#26
Mumu is pretty much the easiest champ to fit on a team, solo queue wise. Stun, AoE disable, can jungle, can tank...
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 21:57:22
February 19 2011 21:56 GMT
#27
On February 20 2011 01:01 ManBearPig wrote:
Wow watching jiji's stream just now, Lilballz on mumu cleared jungle in 4:00 (with some help at blue tho) and had enough hp for double buff gank and got fb for his team. Maybe it was because of the help at blue, but if I recall correctly, before minions MR buff mumu couldnt rly do complete jungle and have enough hp for safe gank? did his recent buff change that much? I've never ran armor runes on him tho, but I did go 1-14-15, think that might make a difference?

If you read the guide I outlined this specifically...he has a VERY fast jungle clear now and a very safe one. The buffs did make a difference to the damage he takes and the amount of mana he uses to dish out damage. Armor runes are the way to go to further reduce that damage.
Personally I prefer a safer gank so I go back and grab boots after clearing, but a quick gank after clearing is definitely viable.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Rho_
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States971 Posts
February 20 2011 04:22 GMT
#28
I definitely think that base for boots is the better play unless there is a good follow up disable in the lane you're ganking. So many amumu ganks turn into chasing with w/e for the final bit of hp that boots are very key.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 04:51:13
February 20 2011 04:47 GMT
#29
I think some discussion needs to be done with Dan Dinh's Amumu path:

Masteries: 0/21/9
Runes: ArPen marks, Dodge seals, MR/lvl glyphs, HP quints (obviously a bit awkward for Amumu--it's a general page for tanky champs, could probably be tweaked a bit for better results)
Item start: Sapphire Crystal + 2pots
Route: Wraiths->Wolves->Blue->Minigols->Wraiths->Wolves->bluepill

I was extremely surprised by how much the path cleared off only two HP pots. It delays your gank for quite a while, as you don't pick up red buff until after your first bluepill, but lets you stay on-level with the solo lanes for quite a good length of time. Probably the one thing that bothers me is that it doesn't seem doable with more utility-centered masteries--I tried completing it with 1/14/15 masteries, and had to bluepill after minigols.

It also seems relatively resilient to counterjungling compared to a normal start, in part because of how unexpected it is, and in part due to how the route works out--you can stop wraith jacks by being there at the start, you spend less time doing blue than if you did it at level 1, delay minigols long enough that if they get jacked at the start, they'll respawn by the time you get there, and do red safely because you do it after you bluepill and come back with full HP, items, and pots.
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 20 2011 04:57 GMT
#30
I'll have to give that one a try.
Lately I've been opting for the fastest gank routes every time because I'm used to having to save bad top/bottom lanes, but this one seems like an excellent way to prevent counterjungling.
I guess with all the extra mana from mana crystal you can spam E more? That's the only way I could see this doable on 2 hp pots...
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
February 20 2011 05:01 GMT
#31
The biggest advantage is the fast catalyst.
Aduromors
Profile Joined July 2009
United States279 Posts
February 20 2011 09:26 GMT
#32
On February 20 2011 13:47 TheYango wrote:
I think some discussion needs to be done with Dan Dinh's Amumu path:

Masteries: 0/21/9
Runes: ArPen marks, Dodge seals, MR/lvl glyphs, HP quints (obviously a bit awkward for Amumu--it's a general page for tanky champs, could probably be tweaked a bit for better results)
Item start: Sapphire Crystal + 2pots
Route: Wraiths->Wolves->Blue->Minigols->Wraiths->Wolves->bluepill

I was extremely surprised by how much the path cleared off only two HP pots. It delays your gank for quite a while, as you don't pick up red buff until after your first bluepill, but lets you stay on-level with the solo lanes for quite a good length of time. Probably the one thing that bothers me is that it doesn't seem doable with more utility-centered masteries--I tried completing it with 1/14/15 masteries, and had to bluepill after minigols.

It also seems relatively resilient to counterjungling compared to a normal start, in part because of how unexpected it is, and in part due to how the route works out--you can stop wraith jacks by being there at the start, you spend less time doing blue than if you did it at level 1, delay minigols long enough that if they get jacked at the start, they'll respawn by the time you get there, and do red safely because you do it after you bluepill and come back with full HP, items, and pots.


Bashed my head against the wall for almost an hour in practice games trying to figure out this path, came as close as taking down one twin before dying. Had to take E first, wait until smite cooldown was at 15 seconds before taking golem, and ran 1/21/8, but I don't have dodge seals, only health quints and MR blues. Am I missing something else? Replays would be nice..
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
February 20 2011 10:06 GMT
#33
On February 20 2011 18:26 Aduromors wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 13:47 TheYango wrote:
I think some discussion needs to be done with Dan Dinh's Amumu path:

Masteries: 0/21/9
Runes: ArPen marks, Dodge seals, MR/lvl glyphs, HP quints (obviously a bit awkward for Amumu--it's a general page for tanky champs, could probably be tweaked a bit for better results)
Item start: Sapphire Crystal + 2pots
Route: Wraiths->Wolves->Blue->Minigols->Wraiths->Wolves->bluepill

I was extremely surprised by how much the path cleared off only two HP pots. It delays your gank for quite a while, as you don't pick up red buff until after your first bluepill, but lets you stay on-level with the solo lanes for quite a good length of time. Probably the one thing that bothers me is that it doesn't seem doable with more utility-centered masteries--I tried completing it with 1/14/15 masteries, and had to bluepill after minigols.

It also seems relatively resilient to counterjungling compared to a normal start, in part because of how unexpected it is, and in part due to how the route works out--you can stop wraith jacks by being there at the start, you spend less time doing blue than if you did it at level 1, delay minigols long enough that if they get jacked at the start, they'll respawn by the time you get there, and do red safely because you do it after you bluepill and come back with full HP, items, and pots.


Bashed my head against the wall for almost an hour in practice games trying to figure out this path, came as close as taking down one twin before dying. Had to take E first, wait until smite cooldown was at 15 seconds before taking golem, and ran 1/21/8, but I don't have dodge seals, only health quints and MR blues. Am I missing something else? Replays would be nice..


What are you running in yellow? Mitigation yellows make a huge difference in jungling, regardless of whether they're armor or dodge.
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
-Kato-
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain1146 Posts
February 20 2011 13:36 GMT
#34
I think armor yellows are much better than dodge yellows. Amumus E makes you take less damage, and reduces cooldown when hit right? So when you dodge you dont get that 0,5 sec E reduction, that makes you jungle slower.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
February 20 2011 14:00 GMT
#35
from what i know, armor is better and more importantly consistent in jungling, whereas dodge is better in teamfights and overall use
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
February 20 2011 14:00 GMT
#36
Btw with amumu, it helps a lot to have mid "leash" the blue buff
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 20 2011 16:08 GMT
#37
On February 20 2011 18:26 Aduromors wrote:
Bashed my head against the wall for almost an hour in practice games trying to figure out this path, came as close as taking down one twin before dying. Had to take E first, wait until smite cooldown was at 15 seconds before taking golem, and ran 1/21/8, but I don't have dodge seals, only health quints and MR blues. Am I missing something else? Replays would be nice..

I got the path to work with 0/21/9 and my standard runepage. I could probably work with less defensive masteries if I were using armor marks (which seem to be the most sensible marks to run this path with).
Moderator
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
February 20 2011 16:18 GMT
#38
I just run my armor page (with mp5 blues). Start with 70something armor gg
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
February 21 2011 04:47 GMT
#39
On February 20 2011 13:47 TheYango wrote:
I think some discussion needs to be done with Dan Dinh's Amumu path:

Masteries: 0/21/9
Runes: ArPen marks, Dodge seals, MR/lvl glyphs, HP quints (obviously a bit awkward for Amumu--it's a general page for tanky champs, could probably be tweaked a bit for better results)
Item start: Sapphire Crystal + 2pots
Route: Wraiths->Wolves->Blue->Minigols->Wraiths->Wolves->bluepill

I was extremely surprised by how much the path cleared off only two HP pots. It delays your gank for quite a while, as you don't pick up red buff until after your first bluepill, but lets you stay on-level with the solo lanes for quite a good length of time. Probably the one thing that bothers me is that it doesn't seem doable with more utility-centered masteries--I tried completing it with 1/14/15 masteries, and had to bluepill after minigols.

It also seems relatively resilient to counterjungling compared to a normal start, in part because of how unexpected it is, and in part due to how the route works out--you can stop wraith jacks by being there at the start, you spend less time doing blue than if you did it at level 1, delay minigols long enough that if they get jacked at the start, they'll respawn by the time you get there, and do red safely because you do it after you bluepill and come back with full HP, items, and pots.


It's resilient to counterjungling to start, but (as far as I can do it) your entire path after minigols is spent at under 250 health... I can't imagine that's safe against someone who would want to gank you normally at red like shaco or maybe fiddle. You're going to be in about the same position at about the same time, doing slightly different things with much less health.

I dunno, I haven't ever seen it done so maybe I'm doing it all wrong. Anyone got a VOD of the path?
:3
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 05:01:29
February 21 2011 04:58 GMT
#40
I use attack speed red, armor yellow, mr blues, flat health quints, basically a standard jungle page. I don't run magic pen because it doesn't help your jungle whereas attack speed does, a lot.

Mumu does tons of damage natively, your weak point is your early game and getting ganked while farming... so use your runes to cover that.

I also assume that attack speed must be balanced to add more raw damage than armor pen because pen doesn't rely on your opponent standing in range and getting hit multiple times. Haven't done the math but I'm pretty sure this is true.

1/17/12 masteries, start whereever. My two most common routes are blue first, start with W and clear, or E first, wraiths --> wolves --> blue -- > twin gols -- > red, and then wraiths again before B if I'm feeling greedy.

I always max W first because it's just way better than your other spells.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 434
TKL 265
CranKy Ducklings234
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1074
TKL 265
ProTech134
Rex 118
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53501
Free 1829
Horang2 329
firebathero 260
Zeus 196
Trap 134
Last 120
Hyun 79
ToSsGirL 67
soO 29
[ Show more ]
Rock 21
Bishop 21
Yoon 19
scan(afreeca) 18
Aegong 17
Noble 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6955
Dendi1197
XaKoH 448
420jenkins176
Counter-Strike
fl0m3555
byalli811
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2283
Beastyqt483
Mlord365
KnowMe195
mouzStarbuck184
Hui .153
DeMusliM135
Liquid`VortiX111
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP31
• StrangeGG 23
• Dystopia_ 5
• poizon28 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony9
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2320
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur323
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 56m
Patches Events
23h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.