• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:33
CEST 22:33
KST 05:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8612 users

[Champion] Amumu - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 21 Next All
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
March 10 2011 22:13 GMT
#61
On March 11 2011 07:10 Kaniol wrote:
Oh, if Elementz tier list confirmed it then it has to be 100% legit

haha, you'll admit it has a certain sway over popular opinion and trends in the metagame though :p
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
April 12 2011 15:53 GMT
#62
Lanemumu
Don't let people boss you around and stick you in the jungle, 'cuz that's not where you belong o/

Note: they just nerfed it a bit, assholes. Still looking for new alternative to HoG.

0/21/9 (greed), I run triple gold quints but now that they killed HoG you might wanna just switch back to armor quints. Not sure. armor red yellow mr blue. Ignite/Ghost.

Open Regrowth + Pot, get PStone ASAP (needed for the mana during laning)

PStone -> ChainVest(maybe?) -> Abyssal -> whatever the f you want. E -> W -> E -> Q and after that adjust your skillbuild based on enemy (E to lower damage, W to hit tank enemies harder, etc.) I usually leave Q for last just because I don't need its CD as much but it's not bad to have.

As long as you make your Q land, or if they're retarded and let you get in range, E + W should be able to chop down their HP, and at 6 Q E W R Ignite will generally smash people in hilarious ways. Plus, if you fuck up and die a bit, it doesn't matter, because you're Amumu, most OP hero in the game. HitR2Win. Ideally build AP (Deathcap + Zhonya recommended) but make sure you don't let up too much on survival. You can actually hit 600 AP with like 200 armor and 150 MR.

If you're losing a lane feel free to wander off and grab jungles (bonus points if enemy jungle) whenever you can. Especially if you're like purple top and the jungler is bot when their golem spawns, you plough through that bitch like it's not there. I'll also randomly sneak off to take minigolem if I can when top blue. Mid is probably preferable though because you have less likelihood of being zoned out if you mess up, and the majority of solo mid heroes have sustained survival issues (whereas heroes that go top usually load up on sustainability, so it's a bit more hairy).
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 12 2011 16:32 GMT
#63
pretty soon you'll be telling me that WW should be in lane too. stop trolling utah, just stop.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 17:07:27
April 12 2011 17:04 GMT
#64
Warwick SHOULD be in lane, but not when I'm lanemumu cuz then we double up on AP carries.

Edit:
Have we ever Jarman Mumu'd? I know you've Jarman'd with Turkey's Malz once cuz I remember the hilarious ult into puddle into quad kill >_o
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
April 13 2011 15:52 GMT
#65
On April 13 2011 01:32 Mogwai wrote:
pretty soon you'll be telling me that WW should be in lane too. stop trolling utah, just stop.

not like WW with mp5 runes is bad in lane..
In the woods, there lurks..
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
April 13 2011 15:57 GMT
#66
On April 14 2011 00:52 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2011 01:32 Mogwai wrote:
pretty soon you'll be telling me that WW should be in lane too. stop trolling utah, just stop.

not like WW with mp5 runes is bad in lane..

you fucking noob, take smite and get back in the jungle!
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
April 26 2011 21:27 GMT
#67
Yeah I guess it's about time I updated this to reflect the HoG changes...
Any thoughts people?
I've personally been opting for early Aegis since the destruction of Randuin's but now with the addition of Cloth Armor back into the recipe it may be viable again?
Thoughts on Philo Stone as an early jungle item from Regrowth + pot start?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 21:43:16
April 26 2011 21:43 GMT
#68
On April 27 2011 06:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
Yeah I guess it's about time I updated this to reflect the HoG changes...
Any thoughts people?
I've personally been opting for early Aegis since the destruction of Randuin's but now with the addition of Cloth Armor back into the recipe it may be viable again?
Thoughts on Philo Stone as an early jungle item from Regrowth + pot start?

The problem with HoG as it stands now isn't that you're holding onto a cloth armor. The problem is that it takes a 6 minute chunk out of your already-fragile early game to simply become cost-effective.
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
April 26 2011 23:47 GMT
#69
On April 27 2011 06:43 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
Yeah I guess it's about time I updated this to reflect the HoG changes...
Any thoughts people?
I've personally been opting for early Aegis since the destruction of Randuin's but now with the addition of Cloth Armor back into the recipe it may be viable again?
Thoughts on Philo Stone as an early jungle item from Regrowth + pot start?

The problem with HoG as it stands now isn't that you're holding onto a cloth armor. The problem is that it takes a 6 minute chunk out of your already-fragile early game to simply become cost-effective.

That being my point...you used to be able to turn it into HoG to eventually become that Randuin's giving you much-needed armor and health early on while it slowly paid for itself. Now there is no gold/5 item for Amumu that will pay for itself without taking a chunk out of his early game tankiness, and unless he ganks well, he farms very slowly until higher levels meaning it takes longer for him to be effective.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
April 27 2011 01:11 GMT
#70
It's good luck to cry in your fountain while buying items, imo.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
April 27 2011 16:43 GMT
#71
On April 27 2011 06:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
Yeah I guess it's about time I updated this to reflect the HoG changes...
Any thoughts people?
I've personally been opting for early Aegis since the destruction of Randuin's but now with the addition of Cloth Armor back into the recipe it may be viable again?
Thoughts on Philo Stone as an early jungle item from Regrowth + pot start?


Just open Sapphire -> Cata -_-
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 27 2011 16:51 GMT
#72
I almost think the return of cloth armor to randuins justifies going cloth, boots, hog, whatever else, getting randuins eventually. I dunno. When I play mumu I find the sooner I get some health the better.

Although fast cata might be better now. Must test.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 18:44:35
April 27 2011 18:41 GMT
#73
I want to try hextech revolver jungle amumu. I heard it'z good
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 19:05:57
April 27 2011 19:05 GMT
#74
imba survivability yo
Plus it builds into Will of the Ancients for more team support Hextech Gunblade for more imba deeeeeps.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 19:36:30
April 27 2011 19:34 GMT
#75
On April 28 2011 01:51 Two_DoWn wrote:
I almost think the return of cloth armor to randuins justifies going cloth, boots, hog, whatever else, getting randuins eventually. I dunno. When I play mumu I find the sooner I get some health the better.

Although fast cata might be better now. Must test.

IMO with HoG nerfs (and holding onto HoGs not being that great), there's not that much reason to get Randuin's over Sunfire.

Aegis->Mercs->Sunfire/BVeil seems to be the way to go, IMO. I still don't understand why people are so opposed to Aegis.
Moderator
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 19:57:50
April 27 2011 19:56 GMT
#76
On April 28 2011 04:34 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 01:51 Two_DoWn wrote:
I almost think the return of cloth armor to randuins justifies going cloth, boots, hog, whatever else, getting randuins eventually. I dunno. When I play mumu I find the sooner I get some health the better.

Although fast cata might be better now. Must test.

IMO with HoG nerfs (and holding onto HoGs not being that great), there's not that much reason to get Randuin's over Sunfire.

Aegis->Mercs->Sunfire/BVeil seems to be the way to go, IMO. I still don't understand why people are so opposed to Aegis.


Aegis means you and your team gets completely nice "allround defense", however what I personally dislike about Aegis is that you lack the whole "I need to stack Mres OR Armor to be usefull vs their most farmed/fed carry".

When I rush Aegis on Jungletanks I feel as if my "Tanky core" is delayed by 2k gold.

When I rush Aegis on tanky dps like Jarman or Nasus I feel as if my "DPS core" (aka Triforce) is delayed by 2k gold.

While the stats itself are amazing it's just a complete "jack of all trades, master of none" item. Enough reason for me to only rush it when everything is completely boring and I don't expect lanes to fall apart soon.

On a second thought early failing lanes (=dead towers = more teamfights) might be actually a reason to get Aegis. I feel lost. Help. =(
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 20:28:28
April 27 2011 20:15 GMT
#77
On April 28 2011 04:56 r.Evo wrote:
While the stats itself are amazing it's just a complete "jack of all trades, master of none" item. Enough reason for me to only rush it when everything is completely boring and I don't expect lanes to fall apart soon.

I don't see this as an argument when Aegis is just THAT much better than everything else on cost-effectiveness (and doesn't pour gold into non-EHP stats). Add the appropriate baseline Armor/MR item to your Aegis, and you're just better off than if you built a more specialized higher-tier defense item.

Compare:
Aegis + Chain Vest -- 270 HP, 75 Armor, 39 MR for 2625 gold
OR
Aegis + Negatron Cloak -- 270 HP, 30 Armor, 87 MR for 2665 gold

vs.
Randuin's Omen -- 350 HP, 75 Armor, 25 hp5 for 3075 gold (minus whatever your HoG earns you)
OR
Banshee's Veil -- 375 HP, 50 MR for 2715 gold

You get arguably superior survivability stats for less gold, even against single-type damage sources like a fed AP/AD carry. Randuin's and Banshee's Veil also have their passives, but I'd say that the aura from Aegis is at least as good, if not better utility to have than the Randuin/BVeil passives.

The only real downside is that Aegis + Chain Vest/Negatron takes up 2 slots while Randuin/BVeil take one, and since you no longer tie down 2-3 slots by stacking HoGs, that's much less of a concern now.
Moderator
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
May 02 2011 17:10 GMT
#78
I'm kind of noob, but I build razor - > boots -> lantern -> glacial shards -> item based on enemy team comp.
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
May 02 2011 18:01 GMT
#79
On May 03 2011 02:10 GiygaS wrote:
I'm kind of noob, but I build razor - > boots -> lantern -> glacial shards -> item based on enemy team comp.


Why build lantern or even razors on him? His spells clear jungle very fast as is and you are setting back your buy by ~2k (?) gold.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-02 18:45:10
May 02 2011 18:41 GMT
#80
On May 03 2011 02:10 GiygaS wrote:
I'm kind of noob, but I build razor - > boots -> lantern -> glacial shards -> item based on enemy team comp.

Yeah, you definitely should not buy Razors or Wriggle's on Amumu- you're just gimping yourself for teamfights and hurting your team for it.

I'm very much in favor of rushing Aegis- you get to start with cloth armor + 5 pots, and you get an item that is very efficient in its defensive stats for its cost PLUS you give everyone on your team 12 armor (worth 200g), 15 MRes (worth 250g), and 8 AD (worth up to 332g, less than that if you don't much care about AD e.g. casters in general), so stats worth roughly as much as 3 to 4 dragon kills in gold for everyone on your team. That's pretty huge IMO.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O146
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason417
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 601
ZZZero.O 146
soO 60
Hyun 44
Dota 2
qojqva2212
League of Legends
Doublelift1327
Counter-Strike
fl0m5768
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4115
Liquid`Hasu580
Other Games
summit1g5366
FrodaN1228
KnowMe326
ToD259
Pyrionflax209
420jenkins195
Livibee171
QueenE104
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
StarCraft 2
angryscii 44
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 105
• Hupsaiya 45
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1874
Other Games
• imaqtpie873
• Shiphtur622
• Scarra69
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 27m
Patches Events
18h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 27m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.