• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10256 users

[Champion] Rammus - Page 14

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 21 Next All
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 05:13:51
December 18 2011 05:13 GMT
#261
I can't seem to farm very well. I don't know how people do it. Thankfully at my level very few people actually farm really well.

I've been going rammus and it's very important that what I'm doing is correct. I tend to open boots first, then go into warmogs, and then into either thornmail or force of nature depending on how unbalanced my enemy's team is. If of their top three main damage dealers, 2 are AD, I go thornmail, if 2 ar AP then I get FoN. Is this right? Since I max Rammus W first, E second, does that give me the most survivability?

(people do focus me).
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
December 18 2011 05:23 GMT
#262
more often than not, i find frozen heart or GA to be better sources of armor than thornmail
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
RogerX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand3180 Posts
December 18 2011 06:03 GMT
#263
Banned from most of my games :/, Rammus is bloody amazing, he just doesn't die.
Stick it up. take it up. step aside and see the world
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
December 18 2011 06:29 GMT
#264
Always live. Never Die.

Ok.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Mystogun
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States392 Posts
December 22 2011 07:50 GMT
#265
I just played a couple of games with rammus since he's free, and i've had really wonderful results.

I've been starting boots, then wriggles, warmogs, and just going from there. he clears so insanely fast. just wondering which runes you guys are running on him, since i basically stopped going to solomid when i found out there was a TL LoL community

I've been running AS reds, armor yellows and quints, and mr/lvl blues. I'm fine with most of them, but I was torn on what's best for the quints slot.
"What I'm sayin' is that there are known knowns and there are known unknowns, but there's also unknown unknowns, things that we don't know we don't know." | SC2: NoiSe.730 | LoL: Galladiator
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-22 07:57:03
December 22 2011 07:55 GMT
#266
I run armor pen + armor + mres/lvl, because its the same page I use for bruisers and I don't have many rune pages to pick from. He's the only jungler I don't use my standard attack speed + arpen + armor + mres/lvl runes.

I find that rammus has an equally fast initial clear to udyr but is left with slightly more life.

and i def do regrowth + pot, b for boots + philo, then prolly b again for oracles/hog or both.
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
February 04 2012 00:26 GMT
#267
What's the current consensus on whether or not to buy Wriggles on Rammus? I've noticed that the pros don't seem to but I feel like I kill jungle mobs REALLY slowly with level 1 W and no Wriggles.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
February 04 2012 00:54 GMT
#268
maybe you should level your w ? O_O
And all is illuminated.
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 01:12:55
February 04 2012 01:12 GMT
#269
On February 04 2012 09:54 freelander wrote:
maybe you should level your w ? O_O

... My point is, as far as I know the generally accepted Rammus build does WQEE, R > E > Q > W with no Wriggles. I've tried this and I feel like I kill jungle stuff really slowly and was just curious as to whether people feel like that's just the tradeoff for Rammus' gank potential or there's something I'm doing wrong (like I should be grabbing early level 2 W instead of early level 2 E or maybe that Wriggles is a better idea than people seem to think).
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
February 04 2012 02:43 GMT
#270
I'd only get E at level 3 if I wanted to gank at level 3, otherwise I'd put another point in W and wait till 4. The OP says get level 2 Q but imo you can still be strapped for mana early on and w gives more consistent results for unchanged mana cost. R>E>W>Q?
ô¿ô
Mystogun
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States392 Posts
February 04 2012 03:55 GMT
#271
i've been going double gp10 and then wriggles
"What I'm sayin' is that there are known knowns and there are known unknowns, but there's also unknown unknowns, things that we don't know we don't know." | SC2: NoiSe.730 | LoL: Galladiator
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
February 04 2012 04:02 GMT
#272
No on wriggles. No on Thornmail unless you REALLY need it. If they have 2 AD, Randuin is still better.

Go Philo and HoG. Into Randuins and Reverie. After that is situational. Frozen Heart is good. Phantom Dancer is good.

WQWE R>E>W>Q unless you gank at 3. Then go WQE.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
benefluence
Profile Joined January 2010
United States158 Posts
February 04 2012 05:08 GMT
#273
Hey, lower ELO Player here, trying to get into jungle rammus, with a couple questions:

should I be running anything other than blue-wolves-wraiths-red-golems for an opening path? (keeping in mind that I'm unlikely to get a strong leash in normals

What are the salient differences between item openings, e.g.
- cloth 5
- vampiric
- regrowth
- boots

Are Boots of Mobility the standard on Rammus? It seems like a lot of people in this thread run them. I assume 'need tenacity/mr, go mercs' is typical, but are Ninja Tabi ever worth it? It seems like they'd help his jungle quite a bit - more ad, more power to DBC, and less damage, both from armor and the passive (all jungle creeps do is auto attack), plus you can get them earlier.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
February 04 2012 05:12 GMT
#274
Your Jangle path is correct. Wolves Blue would be faster obviously but you'd need help.

- Cloth 5 is obsolete more or less now. Since the new Jungle changes, most of the small camps don't hurt as much. Thus, you don't need the extra armor and hp regen.
- Vamp Scept is a terrible opening. Rammus doesn't need Wriggle's and unless you're going Zeke's for some reason...
- Standard opening is Regrowth. Ties back to weaker small camps in current jungle and you build Philo asap out of the Regrowth.
- Boots are also acceptable.

I never Boots 5. It's either Merc or Tabi for me. You build depending on enemy team comp. Ends up being Merc 90% of the time.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
February 04 2012 05:24 GMT
#275
boots 5 is pretty much only good for hyper-ganking champions, so you get between lanes faster. Technically, I suppose you could play him like that and just camp lanes like that, but I don't and I don't see it very often.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
February 04 2012 05:48 GMT
#276
Ya. Always open regrowth+1pot. Vamp scepter leaves you with more health, but doesn't build into anything useful. I used to do this too but I realized it was dumb.

Starting wolves, blue is better than blue, wolves because you can squeeze in second wolves after first wraiths.

I personally do mobility boots but there is something to be said for mercs as well. Like Neo said, Mob boots are for when you want to gank a lot and get between lanes quickly.

Tabi used to be bad, because dodges wouldn't proc your W. New Tabi is better, but not best. I think Mob or Mercs are your best bets. Mercs aren't really even ideal because IF the enemy team is CCing the damn Rammus, then your carries should rip them apart. I love the games when I get focused. Means the other team is screwed.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
March 28 2012 05:26 GMT
#277
So I've gotten a bit better at this game. Still haven't tried Rammus with a vamp scepter start in the jungle, but I do now jungle him exclusively (no more lane rammus). Rammus is almost always banned, and I find his clears to be rather slow. I don't like his ganks either since maxing E leaves very few levels in W making you a poor midgame tank, and maxing Q gives you a fair bit of burst for clear speed and ganking but it's a very easy to avoid short duration slow that again leaves your midgame tanking ability very low. I think he is still very strong as a mid->late game tank but I think he has problems with clear speed and ganking. Come midgame, I think greedy allies can essentially starve rammus of CS by taking any farm he tries to get.

I don't think rammus can simultaneously be a good jungler and a good midgame tank.
I'm also starting to like wriggles on him since he clears so slowly.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
fUddO
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada197 Posts
March 28 2012 06:18 GMT
#278
Has anyone else felt like Rammus is really overrated right now? With counterjungling the flavour of the month, and Rammus' clear speed consistantly getting hit by the nerf bat, I'm always to scared to pick him in fear of a Mundo/Shyvana/Udyr/Trundle just coming along and easily shutting down all my camps.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
March 28 2012 07:05 GMT
#279
That's pretty much his only weakness. Ideally you have laners who are competent and pick lanes knowing the enemy will likely try to invade thereby allowing you to shut it down. Having your support warding wraith entrance early will also go a long way.

If you do have good warding, you can just counterjungle them when they go in yours and come out okay. It's also pretty easy to gank as Rammus to make up for lost jungle.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
August 04 2012 20:08 GMT
#280
I really want to get back into Rammus, even if he isn't incredibly viable, but I have no idea how to play him.

Do you start off boots3 or regrowth1? Both seem like valid options, but is one the better choice? Do boots leave him too low?

What runes should I use? Right now, I use armor yellow/red, scaling mr blue and ms quints, but I'm not sure if those are the best choice. Are the ms quints a good idea?

Finally, what am I supposed to level as Rammus? His W offers more survivability and clear speed, but then you have low ganking power. E seems to take a while to be effective for ganks. Q gives a bit more damage and slow, but it also costs more. No matter what ability I would level, it seems like I'd be heavily decreasing his abilities to do other things. Leveling Q means less surviability and a longer time for E to be good. Leveling W means less cc altogether. Leveling E means less damage and survivability.
Rammus just seems to be an extremely weird champion. I don't know many like him who can focus on certain abilities and have it completely change what they're able to do to such a degree.
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 139
ViBE92
CosmosSc2 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 573
Artosis 461
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever461
League of Legends
JimRising 488
Counter-Strike
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5736
Liquid`Hasu1357
Other Games
summit1g7285
shahzam548
byalli344
C9.Mang0210
Trikslyr39
ZombieGrub22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 96
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 16m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 16m
Stellar Fest
14h 16m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.