• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10887 users

[Champion] Rammus - Page 13

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 Next All
-Kato-
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 20:50:51
November 28 2011 20:46 GMT
#241
Mogwai's masteries are definitely better. Alay why would you use 7 points in Greed and Perseverance, really not good masteries.

I think you need to try 21 offense Rammus. It really is much better than any defensive or utility setup you can get with actual masteries.

Recently I'm playing Rammus with 21/0/9, flat ad reds and quints, armor and mr. Cloth+5> boots> wriggles> philo+hog (2 GPs may seem too much but Rammus gets a lot from both Shurelias and Randuins, so I can't find a reason not to buy both)> aegis > warmogs (finishing Shurelias and/or Randuins anywhere you wish).

Shurelias is really great on Rammus because you want to itemize HP, you get the regens, and the CDR is also huge, DBC'd Rammus wont die so the more you can be DBC'd the tankier. Also more taunts, and the active. Too good.

I see why you would want to buy PD on Rammus but I just never find the moment to get it. Even if fed I usually prefer to tank up because the later the game goes on the more you want to be tanking/allowing teammates do the damage than killing. Killing is early game Rammus, late game let your team do it. I feel if you manage to PB into the carry and taunt him, he will die or be instagibbed regardless of if you have a PD or not.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 20:51 GMT
#242
I usually do wriggle's + boots -> philo -> Warmog's -> Atma's -> PD, subbing in PD before Warmog's if I'm farming stupid fast. Rammus with Wriggle's + Zeal is crazy if it's a really open midgame because you can just zoom around to open lanes and solo mothafuckas like a boss.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 28 2011 21:04 GMT
#243
On November 29 2011 05:51 Mogwai wrote:
I usually do wriggle's + boots -> philo -> Warmog's -> Atma's -> PD, subbing in PD before Warmog's if I'm farming stupid fast. Rammus with Wriggle's + Zeal is crazy if it's a really open midgame because you can just zoom around to open lanes and solo mothafuckas like a boss.


I thought you were the one that said Randuins is the best on Rammus?

I don't know. Atmogs is strong on Rammus. Randuins is stong on Rammus. Just about everything is strong on Rammus.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
November 28 2011 21:10 GMT
#244
On November 29 2011 05:46 -Kato- wrote:
Mogwai's masteries are definitely better. Alay why would you use 7 points in Greed and Perseverance, really not good masteries.

I think you need to try 21 offense Rammus. It really is much better than any defensive or utility setup you can get with actual masteries.

Recently I'm playing Rammus with 21/0/9, flat ad reds and quints, armor and mr. Cloth+5> boots> wriggles> philo+hog (2 GPs may seem too much but Rammus gets a lot from both Shurelias and Randuins, so I can't find a reason not to buy both)> aegis > warmogs (finishing Shurelias and/or Randuins anywhere you wish).

Shurelias is really great on Rammus because you want to itemize HP, you get the regens, and the CDR is also huge, DBC'd Rammus wont die so the more you can be DBC'd the tankier. Also more taunts, and the active. Too good.

I see why you would want to buy PD on Rammus but I just never find the moment to get it. Even if fed I usually prefer to tank up because the later the game goes on the more you want to be tanking/allowing teammates do the damage than killing. Killing is early game Rammus, late game let your team do it. I feel if you manage to PB into the carry and taunt him, he will die or be instagibbed regardless of if you have a PD or not.

You don't find the moment for PD because you get 2 g/10 items. Sure you want the items those build into, but you still waste a lot of money on a stat that doesn't pay off very quickly. And since you don't finish those item until VERY late into the game, your whole key item build essentially is set back by ~1000 gold.

Get g/10 items quickly if you want the items that they build into quickly as well. At least on champions that rely on solid items during midgame.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
-Kato-
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 21:38:28
November 28 2011 21:36 GMT
#245
But, 250 HP on Rammus, great. Mana regen on Rammus, who as Mog said, is mana hungry without blue, also great. Even if they didnt give g/10, do you think a zeal is better?

Ok, its a 1k setback on the whole build. But... Rammus is so good with pieces of build, is there any item you really need to rush on Rammus that gives you much more than bits and pieces of HP and resists?
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 28 2011 21:46 GMT
#246
Once I have wriggle, randuins, and mob boots i feel pretty beast mode and everything after that is just luxury. The PD is great for flying in at warp speed and just absolutely blowing shit up. Shurelyias is great I'm sure but I never build it. Aegis is nice for more armor and damage. I sometimes get a Frozen Heart because I like to Powerball everywhere. Warmogs after Randuins is what I do if I'm fed and I feel like taking people down 5v1.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 22:00:38
November 28 2011 21:58 GMT
#247
On November 29 2011 06:36 -Kato- wrote:
But, 250 HP on Rammus, great. Mana regen on Rammus, who as Mog said, is mana hungry without blue, also great. Even if they didnt give g/10, do you think a zeal is better?

Ok, its a 1k setback on the whole build. But... Rammus is so good with pieces of build, is there any item you really need to rush on Rammus that gives you much more than bits and pieces of HP and resists?

Except for the g/10 items, all T2/T3 items have more than 100% efficiency one way or another. Many 2-3k gold items are extremely efficient. g/10 items may catch up to base items in x minutes, but people like to forget that it's not common practice stack 6 base items before thinking about upgrading.

Pretty much all the decent items on Rammus give you a significant boost in strength if you finish them in a timely fashion.

A zeal MIGHT be better in some situations. But I was thinking more along the lines of grabbing your Warmogs or just a Belt early, which might leave you with enough of a defensive puffer to go PD and go to town. Early Warmogs makes Rammus unkillable.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
November 28 2011 21:59 GMT
#248
On November 29 2011 05:46 -Kato- wrote:
Mogwai's masteries are definitely better. Alay why would you use 7 points in Greed and Perseverance, really not good masteries.

I think you need to try 21 offense Rammus. It really is much better than any defensive or utility setup you can get with actual masteries.


I'll give it a try, why not. I like the gp5 and the regen stats, because I go catalyst to sustain over Phil stone (I generally don't get a reverie, but I usually get a mid/early-mid BV, so the catalyst helps more than a stone I'd likely sell or never utilize.)

Does offense Rammus lock you into wriggle's to work though? Or can you slug through with phil -> mogs -> atma -> wit's end/pd?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 22:01 GMT
#249
you could probably make it through without wriggle's, but I feel like a much much weaker counterjungling and dragoning threat without wriggle's.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 28 2011 22:02 GMT
#250
I don't think Wriggles is a "need" item on Rammus. I buy it every time but thats just because it is so darn helpful. By the time you have it, you can certainly clear without. Just not as fast.

Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 28 2011 22:02 GMT
#251
On November 29 2011 07:01 Mogwai wrote:
you could probably make it through without wriggle's, but I feel like a much much weaker counterjungling and dragoning threat without wriggle's.


what he said
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
November 28 2011 22:22 GMT
#252
So basically the same reason as to why you get wriggles on every other jungler.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 22:25:49
November 28 2011 22:25 GMT
#253
On November 29 2011 07:22 Slayer91 wrote:
So basically the same reason as to why you get wriggles on every other jungler.

NOT AMUMU OR FIDDLE!

EDIT: but yea, precisely.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
-Kato-
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain1146 Posts
November 28 2011 22:27 GMT
#254
Ok thanks spine, always so knowledgable!

I think Wriggles on 21off Rammus is a must. Allows to jungle full hp always, clear faster, and gives ad+armor (which turns into more ad). With my runes I usually have 158 AD at lvl 6 with wriggles and DBC on. That is a fuckton of AD so early.
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 28 2011 22:31 GMT
#255
I haven't tried it with offense tree yet but I'm going to as soon as I can.

Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
December 01 2011 18:43 GMT
#256
So how bad does the new jungle suck? Any tips on laning as Rammus? He's my favorite champion so I don't want to put him on the bench.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
December 01 2011 19:50 GMT
#257
On December 02 2011 03:43 Terranasaur wrote:
So how bad does the new jungle suck? Any tips on laning as Rammus? He's my favorite champion so I don't want to put him on the bench.


New jungle is horrible :/ But jungle Rammus still works, and he's maybe even a little faster to clear--though not hitting that 4 on first clear kinda sucks.

My tip for laning Rammus would be, just don't. He's miles better as a jungler, since his kit is incredible to gank with.
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
December 01 2011 21:03 GMT
#258
Maybe I'll have to start playing some more dominion. The problem with Rammus on SR right now is not clear speed. I clear faster than ever. Starting at blue with a vamp sceptre, i can kill blue, wolves, wraiths, and be whacking red while my smite still has 12 seconds of cooldown. sometimes i even get lucky and dont even need to use smite on red, but save it for big brother golem.

I just feel like my ganks don't have any power to them because I'm so far behind on items and levels. it seriously takes me like 30 minutes to get my randuins up with the new jungle.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
December 01 2011 22:53 GMT
#259
Your ganks don't have any power behind them because you're ganking. Every gank puts you behind unless you get a kill or don't have to share assist gold. Almost all other results are a net losses, including 90% of kills where you share assist gold.

Just imagine that every time you attempt to gank the game takes 100g from you. Depending on circumstances it's not always that bad, and in other circumstances it's even worse. But on average that's about what you're losing.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
December 01 2011 23:04 GMT
#260
Exactly.... and since I'm used to running into those ganks at Warp Speed and blowing up everything in my path, I'm feeling really, really gimped.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft209
ViBE150
CosmosSc2 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1262
Shuttle 580
Artosis 580
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever716
Counter-Strike
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox380
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5322
Other Games
summit1g7977
JimRising 596
shahzam584
C9.Mang0265
Maynarde93
ArmadaUGS70
Trikslyr51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick841
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen143
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 59m
Stellar Fest
12h 59m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.