• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10887 users

[Champion] Rammus - Page 12

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 21 Next All
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 16:17 GMT
#221
what the fuck?

defensive... setup... rammus?

wat?

21/0/9

all day

every day

no I'm not kidding, defensive tree sucks donkey dick.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
November 28 2011 16:34 GMT
#222
21/9/0 you mean. Veteran scars > flash reduction and neutral buff duration
hi
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 16:37:28
November 28 2011 16:36 GMT
#223
Wouldn't say that for certain. I feel like either you go like 30 defense or you go 21/0/9 or 0/21/9, I dunno. If I'm going 30 defense I'm building wriggles and warmogs and atmas though.
I honestly like the -2 minion damage, -2 damage, and +6 damage return for jungling. If you're getting these, maxes sense to get the other shit. Also mercenary pretty good on rammus if it's good on anyone. Fucker is a master of getting assists.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 16:43 GMT
#224
On November 29 2011 01:34 Sponkz wrote:
21/9/0 you mean. Veteran scars > flash reduction and neutral buff duration

no it's not. especially since you also get mana masteries.

and if I were going 21/9/0, I'd get bladed armor just for the slightly faster clear times.

seriously, warmog's is core on the moose, why would I care about those tiny HP numbers.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
November 28 2011 16:45 GMT
#225
Why would i care about 3 mp5? Seems completely useless.
hi
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
November 28 2011 16:50 GMT
#226
I've been jungling with 0/10/20 with good success.

Honestly, all the trees except the utility one and a few random boxes here and there feel really lackluster.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 16:56:56
November 28 2011 16:55 GMT
#227
On November 29 2011 01:45 Sponkz wrote:
Why would i care about 3 mp5? Seems completely useless.

Because once you start giving up blue buffs Rammus has a hell of a time keeping his mana up.

Not to mention expanded mind is boss late game. 216 extra mana is like, an extra powerball + taunt before you run out of mana. Real good.


On November 29 2011 01:50 Alay wrote:
I've been jungling with 0/10/20 with good success.

Honestly, all the trees except the utility one and a few random boxes here and there feel really lackluster.

... that's retarded. if you put 20 points in utility, why in fuck's name wouldn't you grab the best Mastery in the whole game?

and the offensive tree is just miles above the other ones right now. it's not even close.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 17:01:30
November 28 2011 16:59 GMT
#228
That's why you get shurelya's. That shit is so broken on Rammus.

On November 29 2011 01:06 mr_tolkien wrote:
Is wriggles worth it on Rammus ? I have trouble with my jungle clears past 15 minutes, it gets waaaaaaaaay too slow to me :/

You pretty much have to get Wriggles on Rammus to clear effectively.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 17:01 GMT
#229
reverie's good on Rammus, but it's usually a late game item for me. Usually sit on Philo for a long ass time.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
November 28 2011 18:08 GMT
#230
I honestly never get a philo early on, and i don't feel starved with mana issues.
hi
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 18:16 GMT
#231
On November 29 2011 03:08 Sponkz wrote:
I honestly never get a philo early on, and i don't feel starved with mana issues.

if you're playing rammus and not hogging blue buff and not building philo/catalyst and not speccing mana masteries/runes and not having mana problems... then... uh, I got nothing, that just doesn't make any fucking sense.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 28 2011 18:25 GMT
#232
On November 29 2011 03:16 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 03:08 Sponkz wrote:
I honestly never get a philo early on, and i don't feel starved with mana issues.

if you're playing rammus and not hogging blue buff and not building philo/catalyst and not speccing mana masteries/runes and not having mana problems... then... uh, I got nothing, that just doesn't make any fucking sense.



Same. I have Mana issues up until very late game garbage time build a frozen heart for the hell of it.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 28 2011 19:05 GMT
#233
On November 29 2011 03:16 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 03:08 Sponkz wrote:
I honestly never get a philo early on, and i don't feel starved with mana issues.

if you're playing rammus and not hogging blue buff and not building philo/catalyst and not speccing mana masteries/runes and not having mana problems... then... uh, I got nothing, that just doesn't make any fucking sense.


i haven't had any mana issues either
same as with skarner, i don't see how you guys use all your mana so poorly. you could just... not spam skills in the jungle once you have wriggles. defensive ball curl isn't even expensive, you know you don't need to taunt every creep to kill them right
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
November 28 2011 19:06 GMT
#234
I'm lazy. I like powerballing to places to get stuff done faster.
God Bless
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 19:11 GMT
#235
On November 29 2011 04:05 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 03:16 Mogwai wrote:
On November 29 2011 03:08 Sponkz wrote:
I honestly never get a philo early on, and i don't feel starved with mana issues.

if you're playing rammus and not hogging blue buff and not building philo/catalyst and not speccing mana masteries/runes and not having mana problems... then... uh, I got nothing, that just doesn't make any fucking sense.


i haven't had any mana issues either
same as with skarner, i don't see how you guys use all your mana so poorly. you could just... not spam skills in the jungle once you have wriggles. defensive ball curl isn't even expensive, you know you don't need to taunt every creep to kill them right

sure, if you're just using DBC in the jungle, he's not that intensive. but then why are you playing rammus again? without powerballing all over the opposing jungle/lanes like a motherfucker, I just don't understand why I'm not just playing Warwick or something. Powerball -> Taunt -> DBC for a gank eats like 200 mana. Powerball to beat the enemy jungler to their blue -> DBC + Ult eats 250. Without using my powerball for mobility, I just don't get why I'm playing Rammus. And when using lots of Powerball, your mana pool gets raped.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
November 28 2011 19:12 GMT
#236
On November 29 2011 04:06 Roffles wrote:
I'm lazy. I like powerballing to places to get stuff done faster.


thats not lazy thats improved clear times
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
November 28 2011 19:51 GMT
#237
On November 29 2011 01:55 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 01:45 Sponkz wrote:
Why would i care about 3 mp5? Seems completely useless.

Because once you start giving up blue buffs Rammus has a hell of a time keeping his mana up.

Not to mention expanded mind is boss late game. 216 extra mana is like, an extra powerball + taunt before you run out of mana. Real good.


Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 01:50 Alay wrote:
I've been jungling with 0/10/20 with good success.

Honestly, all the trees except the utility one and a few random boxes here and there feel really lackluster.

... that's retarded. if you put 20 points in utility, why in fuck's name wouldn't you grab the best Mastery in the whole game?

and the offensive tree is just miles above the other ones right now. it's not even close.


Because smite timer is meh, when it already times out fine for my starting three runs (after that, only really used on drag/baron), and flash timer isn't as useful to me as the 6 reflect damage to speed up/make easier those stick first few runs. In all reality though, the 20% bonus, the free gp5, and the mana regen, plus veteran scars is all you really need, the rest is fluff.

What exactly in the offense tree is all that special again? the 3% life steal for three points? The little attack speed steroids with some pen (probably the only really good line)? The final box? (lol) AP and % boosts aren't really all that useful for him, and I ain't building crit to make that line worthwhile.



Reverie is a fun item on him, and always useful. It synergizes well if you're going for a philo sustain opening to jungle (I prefer catalyst, so I usually go the veil route.) The health and CDR are pretty boss too.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 20:06:48
November 28 2011 20:06 GMT
#238
On November 29 2011 04:51 Alay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 01:55 Mogwai wrote:
On November 29 2011 01:45 Sponkz wrote:
Why would i care about 3 mp5? Seems completely useless.

Because once you start giving up blue buffs Rammus has a hell of a time keeping his mana up.

Not to mention expanded mind is boss late game. 216 extra mana is like, an extra powerball + taunt before you run out of mana. Real good.


On November 29 2011 01:50 Alay wrote:
I've been jungling with 0/10/20 with good success.

Honestly, all the trees except the utility one and a few random boxes here and there feel really lackluster.

... that's retarded. if you put 20 points in utility, why in fuck's name wouldn't you grab the best Mastery in the whole game?

and the offensive tree is just miles above the other ones right now. it's not even close.


Because smite timer is meh, when it already times out fine for my starting three runs (after that, only really used on drag/baron), and flash timer isn't as useful to me as the 6 reflect damage to speed up/make easier those stick first few runs. In all reality though, the 20% bonus, the free gp5, and the mana regen, plus veteran scars is all you really need, the rest is fluff.

What exactly in the offense tree is all that special again? the 3% life steal for three points? The little attack speed steroids with some pen (probably the only really good line)? The final box? (lol) AP and % boosts aren't really all that useful for him, and I ain't building crit to make that line worthwhile.



Reverie is a fun item on him, and always useful. It synergizes well if you're going for a philo sustain opening to jungle (I prefer catalyst, so I usually go the veil route.) The health and CDR are pretty boss too.

um, literally everything on the left side of the offensive tree is retardedly efficient point for point. I run this on Rammus: http://thefwcentral.com/lol/#&trees=0-3-0-1-4-4-0-4-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-3-0-1-3-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0. Atma's and PD are both crazy on Rammus, the crit line is strong on him.

and bladed armor and veteran's scars look like garbage next to mastermind. please, it's not even close.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 20:23:51
November 28 2011 20:21 GMT
#239
On November 29 2011 05:06 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 04:51 Alay wrote:
On November 29 2011 01:55 Mogwai wrote:
On November 29 2011 01:45 Sponkz wrote:
Why would i care about 3 mp5? Seems completely useless.

Because once you start giving up blue buffs Rammus has a hell of a time keeping his mana up.

Not to mention expanded mind is boss late game. 216 extra mana is like, an extra powerball + taunt before you run out of mana. Real good.


On November 29 2011 01:50 Alay wrote:
I've been jungling with 0/10/20 with good success.

Honestly, all the trees except the utility one and a few random boxes here and there feel really lackluster.

... that's retarded. if you put 20 points in utility, why in fuck's name wouldn't you grab the best Mastery in the whole game?

and the offensive tree is just miles above the other ones right now. it's not even close.


Because smite timer is meh, when it already times out fine for my starting three runs (after that, only really used on drag/baron), and flash timer isn't as useful to me as the 6 reflect damage to speed up/make easier those stick first few runs. In all reality though, the 20% bonus, the free gp5, and the mana regen, plus veteran scars is all you really need, the rest is fluff.

What exactly in the offense tree is all that special again? the 3% life steal for three points? The little attack speed steroids with some pen (probably the only really good line)? The final box? (lol) AP and % boosts aren't really all that useful for him, and I ain't building crit to make that line worthwhile.



Reverie is a fun item on him, and always useful. It synergizes well if you're going for a philo sustain opening to jungle (I prefer catalyst, so I usually go the veil route.) The health and CDR are pretty boss too.

um, literally everything on the left side of the offensive tree is retardedly efficient point for point. I run this on Rammus: http://thefwcentral.com/lol/#&trees=0-3-0-1-4-4-0-4-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-3-0-1-3-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0. Atma's and PD are both crazy on Rammus, the crit line is strong on him.

and bladed armor and veteran's scars look like garbage next to mastermind. please, it's not even close.


To each their own. You're building more offensive, I'm building more defensive. If I was more focused on doing deeps, I'd probably pick up the pens.

I generally don't build atma's unless I go mogs/cape, thus the extra crit line isn't helping me.

I still disagree on mastermind. If I'm taking smite, it doesn't really seem all that. It probably is better than bladed armor though, comparing the two directly. It only is helping my flash though, since the smite is already working fine. I go gp10 quints, not flat health, so veteran scars is not really negotiable if I want to have the option to gank pre-back--Not something that is always worth it, but definitely an option I like to have open.

edit: so yeah, http://thefwcentral.com/lol/#&trees=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-3-0-4-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-3-0-0-3-1-4-0-1-0-4-0-3-0-1 might work out better. I really haven't gotten enough practice with the new masteries to see what I like, and with the jungle revamp soon it's hard to find the will to put the effort into idealizing post-mastery until that hits :/
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 28 2011 20:29 GMT
#240
flat hp quints went out of style 9 months ago. Saying that 30 HP is nonnegotiable because it's the only way you can gank pre-back is pretty stupid, especially when you're taking pretty mediocre quints on a jungler instead. Why you would run anything other than flat armor, attack speed or attack damage on quints as rammus is so far beyond me...

anyway, I'm done arguing because you spec perseverance over intelligence and throw away a point in scout. do w/e works for you I guess.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft209
ViBE150
CosmosSc2 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1262
Shuttle 580
Artosis 580
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever716
Counter-Strike
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox380
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5322
Other Games
summit1g7977
JimRising 596
shahzam584
C9.Mang0265
Maynarde93
ArmadaUGS70
Trikslyr51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick841
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen143
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 59m
Stellar Fest
12h 59m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.