• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7930 users

[Champion] Rammus - Page 11

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 21 Next All
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
November 09 2011 21:57 GMT
#201
ummmm, yea? why wouldn't it stack with Q?
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 22:06:28
November 09 2011 21:57 GMT
#202
On November 10 2011 06:57 Mogwai wrote:
ummmm, yea? why wouldn't it stack with Q?

Lol didn't know that.That's imba!
Just tried it out and its pretty funny.
Cackle™
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
November 09 2011 22:03 GMT
#203
On November 10 2011 03:45 Slayer91 wrote:
Randuins gives 5% cdr, really small. The use of the core gp5 opener is only making randuins a reasonable buy since its fucking crazy expensive otherwise. The catalyst is a nice idea but I hate buying banshees on tanks. Instead of getting rylais + banshee why not just get RoA? It keeps your catalyst proc and rylais seems like a gimmicky idea since taunted targets don't care about being slowed, powerball already has a slow, you only are getting hit with DBC when you are taunting them. The only use I see is slowing people in your ultimate but it seems gimmicky.

I don't think atmogs is as early game reliant as you say. Catalyst+randuins is similar in cost to warmogs+wriggles and the mana and health sustain is offset buy wriggles letting you stay full health in jungle and using less mana. If you don't get super fed you just get a negatron after your warmogs and a chain mail and just be super tanky and less of a damage threat. You're not losing that much utility. (Randuins slow, it's nice but I don't think it justifies getting it alone. I get it on people who are likely to get targetted by AD carries or auto attackers in general and want to survive it. Rammus only gets targetted when he's taunting and he doesn't really want to reduce damage when he's doing that. Udyr is someone I much prefer randuins on.)


Catalyst/randuin's is 3075+1325 (so a flat 4400), whereas Wriggle's/mogs is 1600+3000 (4600). So, yes, they're similarly priced. What they give in stats is only "comparable" at best, but I highly value the Omen in its early/midgame power, whereas the mogs is only giving your raw stats. I feel without the extra mana and the level regen on it, although you can simply use less mana with wriggle's, if a fight breaks out I tend to be OOM pre-catalyst. I hate philosopher stone, it's just a gold sink that doesn't do what other items would anyways.

RoA is meh. The banshee's is the better choice because of the defense, and the blue bubble. It might be a little over costed, but once you hit it with the right time it ups survivability and you really start to hit that godly tank stage. RoA is also a bit more expensive than BV, and takes time to "charge up" which makes it even less desirable on an aggressive character like Rammus.

Overall, I think Banshee's is the best MR item for the fella (aside from Wit's End on a tanky dps build, but that's debatable even still) because it gives him just enough to get him where he needs to be, as well as the blueshield effect, and the exceptionally necessary health that has such a high value for Rammus. Although it's not an item I frequently get, it simply works when it's early for him very well.

I suppose Rylai's is gimmicky, it just seems like the next best health item at that stage in the game. Plus tremors in a team fight with it is just silly good, especially with omen to back. *shrug*
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
November 10 2011 04:55 GMT
#204
On November 09 2011 06:33 Two_DoWn wrote:
Because I play rammus as an anti-carry (which is what he is). He instagibs people through his taunt duration with w and r. It makes no sense to me to buy an item that makes his harder.

This is essentially how I play rammus. I had a recent guardsman bob game where we were raped early game, but then my tons of hp and then tank items kicked in and I was able to instagib people if they get caught in the taunt.

I've switched from the sunfire first to warmog first. Warmog gives you 900 more hp when fully stacked, putting you over 3000 with just the one item. Having almost 150 armor without any items means I can build MR if it's needed first and still am able to tank physical damage. I haven't gotten past the point of boots 2, warmog, banshie, thornmail, but there are several items you can fit into those last two slots.

I start at wolves, and am able to kill two without help and still get to blue even if they pull it the second it spawns. I full clear, killing red before smite is up and using it on double golems, then buy boots. When attacking wraiths, you get off your first auto, then immediately powerball so before they can auto, saving yourself hp. I finish a madreds, but not wriggles because it helps for early dragons and red and blue buff kills. I use 1/19/11 I think, getting reduced damage taken, which allows me to only use 2-3 hp pots during my first clear depending on how good of a pull I get (I've done a full clear and only used 1 hp pot before). I use arp red, and full armor runes in the rest. I know you get twice the value from magic resist blues but that doesn't help you clear the jungle and keep up hp.

Also I fucking love jungle rammus, you can gank with powerball speed even if they have wards up.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 14 2011 09:42 GMT
#205
For anyone who was curious about how the speed boost on Rammus' Powerball works, here's how.

Upon activating Powerball 2.5% of Rammus' flat movespeed (i.e. base + flat bonuses such as boots) is added to his movespeed as flat bonus. Every quarter second thereafter another 5% is added until Powerball ends (reaching 157.5% total just before Powerball ends). Diminishing returns apply, but because Powerball's bonus counts as a flat modifier it is multiplied by % boosts such as Ghost or Zeal.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
November 14 2011 09:53 GMT
#206
Rylais is worthless on rammus, the slow from rylais is worse than the actual slow from powerball and you'd only do a 15% aoe slow whenever your ult is up, better to buy a warmogs for the same amount of gold and get a lot more health which scales better with your W. It only adds 24dmg/sec to your ult which only really affects squishies since you have no mpen, you do more damage with a wriggles then with a rylais+ult.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 14 2011 22:39 GMT
#207
I think the point of rylais is to get it after Atmogs. Right? I think by the time the game gets that far the purpose is less about adding DPS to Tremors than it is about adding the super-slow. Rylais + powerball.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 15 2011 01:09 GMT
#208
If you want a super slow get Randuin's. Rammus is literally the best character in the game for the active, and a 35% slow is ridiculously better than 15%. Randuin's also makes you far tankier than Rylai's, particularly against the AD carries who should now be sporting near-full builds.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 15 2011 04:03 GMT
#209
So randuins after Atmogs or instead of Atmogs? I can't imagine having the gold for both.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-15 04:05:49
November 15 2011 04:05 GMT
#210
On November 15 2011 13:03 Terranasaur wrote:
So randuins after Atmogs or instead of Atmogs? I can't imagine having the gold for both.

HoG early, then atmogs. Choose between finishing Randuin or selling HoG when you're on 6 items, depending on whether you need Randuin's against a big AD threat.
Moderator
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-15 05:13:53
November 15 2011 05:11 GMT
#211
Wriggles/boots 1 > philo > warmogs > shurelyas > armor/mr items as needed

Sometimes I skip philo, but the lack of mp5 is really noticeable (I give up all blues past first), so you trade being a little tankier for needing more pots/recalls. Fits his need for hp >>> mr/armor since he has really low base hp and really high mr/armor from w.

Rylai's on rammus is trash, do not get it ever. If you want a slow, get Randuin's like already mentioned.
twitch.tv/cratonz
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
November 15 2011 08:22 GMT
#212
On November 15 2011 13:03 Terranasaur wrote:
So randuins after Atmogs or instead of Atmogs? I can't imagine having the gold for both.

Just gank more and you'll be able to fulfill your wildest dreams.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 15 2011 08:32 GMT
#213
On November 15 2011 17:22 JackDino wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 13:03 Terranasaur wrote:
So randuins after Atmogs or instead of Atmogs? I can't imagine having the gold for both.

Just gank more and you'll be able to fulfill your wildest dreams.


lol. I'm pretty new to LoL (Summoner Level 21) so I'm certainly not an expert. Every now and then I'll get snowballing really hard in a game with Rammus and could probably get there. Just today I was playing for the lulz and built him with Mobility Boots, Deathcap, Void Staff and Rylai. Flying into people at warp speed with powerball and blowing them up was pretty fun, but his AP ratios aren't good enough for something silly like that to be viable.

Still. It was fun to try.

At what point in the game to you leave the jungle and start to gank?

I take DBC first and start at wolves. I kill them, and then blue, and then look for a gank. I can usually hit mid hard enough to either get a takedown or at least force a bluepill, and then i proceed to the other jungle. I then just run around blasting whatever camps are up, trying to keep both buffs, and ganking whoever is pushed past the river. Is this about right or are there some goals I am missing? I really can't kill the dragon without help until much later in the game....
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
November 15 2011 08:42 GMT
#214
Buy a pdancer and you'll get more kills than you can ever imagine. Jungle when there are creeps in your jungle and gank when you see an opening/are pretty sure you can make one.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
November 18 2011 17:43 GMT
#215
On November 15 2011 17:42 JackDino wrote:
Buy a pdancer and you'll get more kills than you can ever imagine. Jungle when there are creeps in your jungle and gank when you see an opening/are pretty sure you can make one.


this has been working awesome. I've gone randuins into pdancer and am loving it. Lategame I'll have mob boots, Randuins, Pdancer, wriggles, and maybe something else and I fly into team fights at warp speed and blow up everything.

Any ideas on what to run on Rammus with the new masteries?
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
November 28 2011 15:16 GMT
#216
im running some offense tank build, offence up to armor pen and then defence the rest, not confident its the best but it seems to make really decent jungle clear speeds
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 28 2011 15:31 GMT
#217
On November 19 2011 02:43 Terranasaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 17:42 JackDino wrote:
Buy a pdancer and you'll get more kills than you can ever imagine. Jungle when there are creeps in your jungle and gank when you see an opening/are pretty sure you can make one.


this has been working awesome. I've gone randuins into pdancer and am loving it. Lategame I'll have mob boots, Randuins, Pdancer, wriggles, and maybe something else and I fly into team fights at warp speed and blow up everything.

Any ideas on what to run on Rammus with the new masteries?


honver runs 0/21/9 taking all the masteries you'd assume would be good on rammus including juggernaut, initiator, etc

i'm inclined to agree with this setup!
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
November 28 2011 15:42 GMT
#218
I've done 0/21/9 and 0/24/6

Really just any setup with heavy defense works well on Rammus.
twitch.tv/cratonz
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
November 28 2011 16:06 GMT
#219
Is wriggles worth it on Rammus ? I have trouble with my jungle clears past 15 minutes, it gets waaaaaaaaay too slow to me :/
The legend of Darien lives on
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
November 28 2011 16:13 GMT
#220
Yes.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
-ZergGirl 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1932
910 70
sorry 47
Yoon 45
Bale 38
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox644
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor132
Other Games
summit1g7071
WinterStarcraft390
PiGStarcraft267
C9.Mang0259
Sick214
Livibee165
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2290
League of Legends
• Stunt467
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 17m
Stellar Fest
7h 17m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.