• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:56
CEST 17:56
KST 00:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8126 users

[Champion] Warwick - Page 5

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-14 01:43:50
November 14 2010 01:38 GMT
#81
On November 14 2010 10:10 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
But it's still important because it draws aggro off of you, it's really dumb to focus down the guy with GA first regardless of his respawn health.

But like, the point of tank gear on WW is partly that you can serve as an offtank that they can't quite ignore. Banshee/Randuins gives you CC blocking and chasing power, all GA does is ensure that if you die, you can revive to maybe die again.

I personally feel like that GA is a mentality developed back then with its high respawn health and how WW used to played like an ult bot to trade 1 for 1. Now though GA and the general WW style just doesn't seem to mesh too well together.

On November 14 2010 10:20 Daxunyrr wrote:
It was just a thought. Nothing more. It just seems like it'd be a nice thing to get after BV. I mean I know you cap out pretty quick in ASpd between W & Green, but I just figured the extra ms & everything could help out with the swift kills. My experience with enemy WW's is we're running at half health, he comes outta nowhere, shreds us n vanishes.

But how did you get to the half health point in teamfights? If you lost, WW being present in the actual fight and being able to take and dish punishment would've won the fight even more decisively for them. If you won and WW wasn't there in their teamfight, then he made a mistake in not being there and is trying to make up for some of it by hopefully trading 1 for 1. If you are just getting picked off, then that's poor play.

I think Zeal makes a bit of sense, it is a pretty efficient item cost wise afaik. However, that style really just turns WW into an assassin, which he doesn't really do too well as.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 14 2010 02:29 GMT
#82
You definitely get a ton of EHP from GA though, if you were using it for the second revive only I think you're underestimating how much armor and MR you get from it. I do agree that Banshees and Randuins are definitely good, but GA is really, really clutch as your next item because it gives you all-around survivability and a revive to boot.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
November 14 2010 02:31 GMT
#83
Thing is that I feel like I can slap down a HoG and a Negatrons easily for just 1600, and then 1k can work toward the randuins or banshee's as I need to complete, the former even has the benefit of needing a chainmail somewhere in there so there is plenty of armor. GA on the other hand has a lower MR, no additional HP/mana, and a passive that's questionable in how useful it is.
Daxunyrr
Profile Joined August 2010
United States190 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-14 04:04:45
November 14 2010 02:39 GMT
#84
The half health isn't in the team fights, its usually early-mid game. Once they get to the end game and the team fights do, the ones I fight against do something weird. It's like they jump in with blue buff, dish out ult & do some chaos, then run off in the chaos and jump at any escapers instead of staying in there the whole time. I guess we focused em that much or something.

Edit - I see GA as a powerful escape tool. A lot of people know you spawn back with 750 HP. (Generally they will think they can win still) If you can manage to get someone to about 47-48% HP before you die, press E the instant you res n start runnin. You get a move speed n can escape. Generally what I'll do is I'll do an obvious run into a jungle, munch on wolves to regain HP, then jump back on the guy when he chases me
Stop bitching bout people who suck and teach em how to play.
Daxunyrr
Profile Joined August 2010
United States190 Posts
November 14 2010 04:54 GMT
#85
Also, question time.

Im starting to play WW again, but no one ever pushes. All my teammates push but when we back off, they still turret hug. What do I do then, just horde the jungle? Cause it seems like Im startin to fall behind the team without ganks.
Stop bitching bout people who suck and teach em how to play.
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
November 14 2010 06:15 GMT
#86
there are alot of things you can't do without a ga. like suiciding isn't an option obviously, but ww being a melee dps dies a ton. you can't just rambo in and focus a guy down without ga, and having the ability to not worry about dying and ulti their main dps is really useful.

i dont like rushing ga but getting it after your main tank items is really good and is extremely clutch. ga is amazing on most melee dps, not so much tanks or ranged.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 14 2010 14:45 GMT
#87
Okay, ezpz just enlightened me on the merits of NOT rushing GA after bloodrazors, I'm gonna try it out in ranked and learn how to play that style.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 14 2010 16:11 GMT
#88
[image loading]

Ezpz gives me a lesson on ww and look what happens next game
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
November 14 2010 17:59 GMT
#89
On November 15 2010 01:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
[image loading]

Ezpz gives me a lesson on ww and look what happens next game

Would a BT be a good idea after rhanduins and banshees? It seems it would scale really well with the spirit visage
In the woods, there lurks..
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 14 2010 18:12 GMT
#90
I don't see how bt could ever be a good idea unless you're either crushing (in which case it's sword of the occult BF style) or playing a super super farmy hero like sivir. Losing stacks on that thing is huge and it takes forever to build up.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 14 2010 22:04 GMT
#91
On November 15 2010 02:59 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2010 01:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
[image loading]

Ezpz gives me a lesson on ww and look what happens next game

Would a BT be a good idea after rhanduins and banshees? It seems it would scale really well with the spirit visage

Actually at THAT point you want GA lol.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Darkchylde
Profile Joined January 2010
United States473 Posts
November 15 2010 04:29 GMT
#92
On November 04 2010 23:49 Mogwai wrote:More or less stealing from HwangJk, I run almost entirely Attack Speed runes with some ArmorPenetration mixed in (get 10 ArPen from Runes, you can do this via 6 marks or 3 Quints, the ultimate effect is the same). Defensive masteries aren't at all necessary on WW, so I run 9/0/21 to get some RNG faster jungling off crits + extra AS and 2 more ArPen.


I've seen a few ppl mention the 10 ArPen is like the magic number. Any particular reason why?

Also I've got most of the generic runes and a good amount of IP saved up, does any other champ benefit from attack speed runes?
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
November 15 2010 05:00 GMT
#93
On November 15 2010 13:29 Darkchylde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 23:49 Mogwai wrote:More or less stealing from HwangJk, I run almost entirely Attack Speed runes with some ArmorPenetration mixed in (get 10 ArPen from Runes, you can do this via 6 marks or 3 Quints, the ultimate effect is the same). Defensive masteries aren't at all necessary on WW, so I run 9/0/21 to get some RNG faster jungling off crits + extra AS and 2 more ArPen.


I've seen a few ppl mention the 10 ArPen is like the magic number. Any particular reason why?

Also I've got most of the generic runes and a good amount of IP saved up, does any other champ benefit from attack speed runes?

Udyr and Kayle are two that come to mind.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
November 15 2010 13:37 GMT
#94
On November 15 2010 14:00 starfries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2010 13:29 Darkchylde wrote:
On November 04 2010 23:49 Mogwai wrote:More or less stealing from HwangJk, I run almost entirely Attack Speed runes with some ArmorPenetration mixed in (get 10 ArPen from Runes, you can do this via 6 marks or 3 Quints, the ultimate effect is the same). Defensive masteries aren't at all necessary on WW, so I run 9/0/21 to get some RNG faster jungling off crits + extra AS and 2 more ArPen.


I've seen a few ppl mention the 10 ArPen is like the magic number. Any particular reason why?

Also I've got most of the generic runes and a good amount of IP saved up, does any other champ benefit from attack speed runes?

Udyr and Kayle are two that come to mind.

kog too
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 15 2010 14:38 GMT
#95
Xin Zhao too.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
-Kato-
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain1146 Posts
November 15 2010 15:23 GMT
#96
On November 15 2010 02:59 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2010 01:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
[image loading]

Ezpz gives me a lesson on ww and look what happens next game

Would a BT be a good idea after rhanduins and banshees? It seems it would scale really well with the spirit visage


I think Visage doesn't affect life steal, only healing and regen?
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
November 15 2010 15:53 GMT
#97
On November 15 2010 13:29 Darkchylde wrote:
I've seen a few ppl mention the 10 ArPen is like the magic number. Any particular reason why?

Also I've got most of the generic runes and a good amount of IP saved up, does any other champ benefit from attack speed runes?


I think 10 is the magic number because armor pen doesn't reduce armor below 0 like armor reduction does. So if you get more than that it doesn't help you jungle.

I'm actually not sure why it's 10 as some of the creeps have less than 10 armor. But the creeps with less than 10 armor suck anyway so whatever.
Cheese is good for you!
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
November 16 2010 00:41 GMT
#98
Neo, i was looking at your rune suggestions and i found it interesting

you suggest mana per level yellows
why? i almost never suffer from lack of mana as WW, but more AS would def make me more of a force
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 16 2010 05:57 GMT
#99
On November 16 2010 00:23 -Kato- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2010 02:59 Iplaythings wrote:
On November 15 2010 01:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
[image loading]

Ezpz gives me a lesson on ww and look what happens next game

Would a BT be a good idea after rhanduins and banshees? It seems it would scale really well with the spirit visage


I think Visage doesn't affect life steal, only healing and regen?


I just found out it doesn't. I don't understand why tbh.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
November 16 2010 07:23 GMT
#100
The OP could use some cleanups and some additions after 5 pages of the thread...

I find it pretty hilarious that people have so much to discuss over such a retarded easy character tho :S

Also as other said nobody rushes bloodrazor ever unless they are being fed superhard. Tbh I don't ever feel the need to get it, it's more of something I get once I feel that I can ult without exploding. As for tank items WW can use anything aswell.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1283
ComeBackTV 1021
SteadfastSC778
TaKeTV 527
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex151
EnkiAlexander 85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex 151
ProTech127
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44859
Bisu 2388
EffOrt 983
Shuttle 591
Mini 486
BeSt 471
Soma 435
Light 434
Larva 367
ZerO 206
[ Show more ]
Rush 199
Hyuk 163
firebathero 79
Sea.KH 69
Mong 63
910 62
Pusan 57
Liquid`Ret 54
Snow 53
Sexy 42
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Trap 29
Bale 24
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 20
Shine 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 11
yabsab 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8760
qojqva1070
Counter-Strike
fl0m829
Fnx 822
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1613
Khaldor1154
Other Games
singsing1876
hiko1436
Beastyqt651
Livibee196
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS159
KnowMe123
XaKoH 118
QueenE87
Mew2King75
DeMusliM57
ZerO(Twitch)14
CosmosSc2 4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• mYiSmile130
• StrangeGG 30
• Gemini_19 12
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• Michael_bg 11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3374
• TFBlade366
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 4m
Online Event
19h 4m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.