• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:49
CEST 03:49
KST 10:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9559 users

[Champion] Warwick - Page 16

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 16:11:46
April 08 2011 15:46 GMT
#301
I dunno man, it will be a little painful but really not that bad compared to the really fucked up lanes that vlad can get. Like, I get that there are some last hits I won't be able to get, and I'm willing to concede those, but if you just stand behind my ranged minions I have nothing to do anyways so I'm going to start poking at you with E + Q + autoattacks until you back off and heal off creeps =/

I'm definitely willing to play this lane out vs you though, see how it goes. If warwick was a manaless hero, I'd say he wins this lane hands down... but he does have to manage his mana so :X
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
April 08 2011 16:21 GMT
#302
If you time it correctly, during the delay after Vlad's autoattack animation, WW can sneak a Q in before he can back off. It's harder to do if he animation cancels correctly, but I've managed to do it pretty consistently.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
April 08 2011 16:26 GMT
#303
Well you probably wouldn't autoattack warwick when he's not trying to last-hit
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
April 08 2011 16:37 GMT
#304
Between dring, utility talents and mp5plvl seals, I haven't noticed an extreme lack of mana. It certainly it is a problem especially around 6 when you want to gank, but as long as you don't spend W recklessly before then. And don't Q on CD (just do it enough early times levels to scare the shit out of the other dude).

Although I do buy myself two mana pots on my first trip back...which does not happen till 7 usually...
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 17:08:07
April 08 2011 17:03 GMT
#305
My ww spec is 20mp5 at level 1, which is plenty in a normal setting. However, if your goal is to zone them out completely then it only works if they're playing dumb and being scared of you and letting you win your lane through sporadic Q's.

However, if you meet some dickhead who brings to lane several potions and is actively trying to bottleneck your mana early on by chugging the potions early then you might be in trouble. Laning becomes way harder because once you run oom because the cooldown on your Q effectively becomes ~15 seconds because that's how long it takes for you to regen that amount of mana from scratch.



I probably don't respect warwick as much as I should, but I just don't see how he can get around so many of his problems.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
May 19 2011 05:58 GMT
#306
flash better than ghost, thoughts?
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 19 2011 07:44 GMT
#307
on junglewick i run smite/flash now
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
May 19 2011 13:25 GMT
#308
On May 19 2011 14:58 zulu_nation8 wrote:
flash better than ghost, thoughts?


Flash is always better. If you need the speed, Blood Scent is often available. Flash is better for ganks out of the jungle and offers more ways to escape. Ghost is redundant
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 19 2011 15:24 GMT
#309
flash ignite. if I wanted to jungle at high hp, I'd pick Nocturne or Xin.

lanewick with double philostone is HILARIOUS btw. He makes hextech Vlad's sustainability look like a joke.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 19 2011 16:41 GMT
#310
I completely disagree with flash ignite, even though you don't need smite to finish your route at any point, warwick is a control jungler and really lacks in that area (buff steals, dragon fights, barons) without smite.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 19 2011 16:42 GMT
#311
Unless you were talking about lanewick in which case obviously ignite better lol
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 16:43:22
May 19 2011 16:42 GMT
#312
I'm saying that I never want to jungle with WW atm because I view nocturne and Xin as better versions of him.

EDIT: Flash Ignite was me saying that I only want to lane with WW atm.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 19 2011 17:34 GMT
#313
I still think he's solid enough to warrant a pick over both of those champs simply because his mid lane ganks are so strong with any sort of targeted stun. Obviously he's not as good at certain things as Xin or Nocturne but I still don't necessarily think he's "worse".

Probably because I just won a bunch of ranked games with him oldschool style but yeah .
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 19 2011 17:40 GMT
#314
Xin and Nocturne have better anti-carry base damage and damage scaling and gank way harder without their ults (and Noct's ult gank is at least as strong as WW's IMO). *shrugs* just don't like WW unless I get to boss around a bruiser/tank in lane with my Q.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Woony
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany6657 Posts
June 07 2011 14:18 GMT
#315

Q resets autoattacks? Wow I never knew that. I feels stupid now.
Awesomo
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands206 Posts
June 07 2011 14:20 GMT
#316
yeah, but the q animation is pretty long so it won't matter too much anyway.
I have an ice-cold beer, everything is possible.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 15:08:52
June 07 2011 15:07 GMT
#317
On May 20 2011 00:24 Mogwai wrote:
flash ignite. if I wanted to jungle at high hp, I'd pick Nocturne or Xin.

lanewick with double philostone is HILARIOUS btw. He makes hextech Vlad's sustainability look like a joke.


I'm in love with chalice on WW vs any kind of AP lane. Never oom = never out of health anyway. Why would you get philos if for WW the bottleneck is almost always his mana, but never his health? (Yeah, I know, you luv dem philos. =P)


On Oddones WW guide: I think he fucked up his runes by accident.

Oddone usually wants 24 ArPen total since that is how much you need to do full damage to buffs and have the strongest possible game after early jungling cause you do nice damage to champs.

His WW setup (including masteries) shows 26 ArPen for some reason. Also WW needs less than a full armor page to get full sustainability which means full Armor Yellows bad imho.

The setup I'm using which I'd say is a little better (wtb input from 5H1T on this one prolly):

[image loading]

Obviously the last Quint can be anything besides Movespeed too, I just find it the best choice for that slot on WW.

To compare direclty:
Oddone runs 20 ArPen / 11% AS / 13 Armor
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Shawngood
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany473 Posts
June 07 2011 15:08 GMT
#318
In regard to TheOddOne's WW guide: I just don't agree with his masteries and Ghost as summoner. The reasoning for both doesn't seem to make sense to me at all. Also AS-glyphs are horrible IMO.
@ESL_Shawn
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 07 2011 16:24 GMT
#319
TOO plays differently, unless you're trying to imitate his playstyle you're not gonna get why he does what he does. For example:

On June 08 2011 00:07 r.Evo wrote:WW needs less than a full armor page to get full sustainability


He doesn't give a shit about "full sustainability" nor does he care about pure speed (in which you'd just run ~18arp ~18% aspd or some similar variation).
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 16:41:29
June 07 2011 16:41 GMT
#320
I think I just did mass flat AD runes, a sliver of armor pen, with some other stuff thrown in there, since his ulti scales somewhat with flat AD but does magic damage. Oh and 21/0/9 masteries.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 59
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9586
JimRising 691
ViBE163
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS74
Trikslyr30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1305
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 11m
INu's Battles
10h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 11m
Replay Cast
21h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.