• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:49
CEST 13:49
KST 20:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10081 users

[Champion] Warwick - Page 14

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
January 30 2011 04:29 GMT
#261
first of all what is the leash trick?
second of all how does anyone die at blue as WARWICK? i usually don't even use my pot at blue...
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 30 2011 04:47 GMT
#262
On January 30 2011 13:29 gtrsrs wrote:
first of all what is the leash trick?
second of all how does anyone die at blue as WARWICK? i usually don't even use my pot at blue...

Leash trick = a ranged champ makes the first auto-attack on golem before going to lane. Because of the way neutral minions now acquire targets, Golem will chase that target to the edge of it's leash range before tagging back to you (instead of regenerating all its HP and resetting)--this gives you basically a couple free autoattacks to build up Thirst stacks, plus a free Hungering Strike. The laner gets to lane a tiny bit later (before the minions even come close to killing one another), and takes basically no damage (a hit or two from the small lizards regens before they even get back to lane), while letting you finish Golem at noticeably higher HP than you otherwise would.
Moderator
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
January 30 2011 06:42 GMT
#263
Dodge yellows are inferior to armor yellows on WW, but is it necessary to have armor yellows on ww to blue lvl 1 tho? 'Cause I also jungle with udyr and I like to run dodge yellows on him.
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 22:37:53
January 30 2011 22:35 GMT
#264
On January 30 2011 13:29 gtrsrs wrote:
first of all what is the leash trick?
second of all how does anyone die at blue as WARWICK? i usually don't even use my pot at blue...


What is ur build? I always drop down to 100 health doing lvl 1 golem. All it takes is a miss/dodge lag and miss a hunger etc to die.

Armour yellows are essential now.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
January 30 2011 22:58 GMT
#265
ASpd/Armor/MReslvl/ASpd, 9/0/21, Cloth + some pots, start with Q and drink a pot. I barely lose any health at all (wait with your first Q until you took a hit to not waste the healing).
No idea how it goes with Longsword.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 00:00:32
January 30 2011 23:55 GMT
#266
Ok I go longsword. Its fine if I dont lag but the servers have been shit the last 2 weeks.

Against smart teams wraith jack is also dangerous. I ran into a shaco who was starting there lol.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 01:06:00
January 31 2011 01:05 GMT
#267
On January 31 2011 08:55 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Ok I go longsword. Its fine if I dont lag but the servers have been shit the last 2 weeks.

Against smart teams wraith jack is also dangerous. I ran into a shaco who was starting there lol.

Regi Shaco path smites big wraith at the start--that's not anything particularly out of the ordinary.
Moderator
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
January 31 2011 01:11 GMT
#268
On January 31 2011 07:35 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 13:29 gtrsrs wrote:
first of all what is the leash trick?
second of all how does anyone die at blue as WARWICK? i usually don't even use my pot at blue...


What is ur build? I always drop down to 100 health doing lvl 1 golem. All it takes is a miss/dodge lag and miss a hunger etc to die.

Armour yellows are essential now.


1 hp quint 2 ms quint
mpen red
ar/level yellow
mr/level yellow

0/21/9 or 1/14/15 depending on their comp
longsword + 1 pot first
Q first
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
January 31 2011 02:19 GMT
#269
Interesting will try that out tx!
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Tendresse
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada2 Posts
January 31 2011 19:14 GMT
#270
Well well, I must say this thread has been an interesting read. I have started playing only recently, but I have played more games as Warwick than any other character. Thus, I don't feel too bad giving advice, although I fully realize that some people here are way more knowledgable than I am.

To whomever was asking the setup for level 1 blue buff : I have ~60% HP with the following setup :

ArmPen Red
AS Yellow
AS Blue
2x MS Quint
1x HP Quint

11/0/19 - 2% CS, Improved Smite, Improved AS, Improved ArmPen
And the usual stuff in the utility tree.

After reading this thread, I've come to realize that this might be suboptimal in higher ELO games, but it works just fine in normal games, and will get you through jungle like a breeze.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
February 11 2011 19:21 GMT
#271
I've come to a realization on the timing of your bloodrazors. It's not so much dependent on the time of the game or the order of your build but rather at what point they start to focus your carry. Usually it's based off of his or her items. Ideally, with Warwick, you want them to be focusing you the whole time to let your team do their thing, suppress one guy with ult, and then die in a fight so your team can a ton of kills (if you can do that w/o dying it's better, derp), but there's that point in the game where suddenly they're like "WE NEED TO FOCUS CORKI" and at that point you should finish your bloodrazors immediately, because ironically, nobody will focus you down.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
February 11 2011 19:37 GMT
#272
On January 31 2011 08:55 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Ok I go longsword. Its fine if I dont lag but the servers have been shit the last 2 weeks.

Against smart teams wraith jack is also dangerous. I ran into a shaco who was starting there lol.

Try twin golems jack. If you want to jungle you have to be familiar with one champ, but if you want to counterjungle you have to be familiar with ALL of them. At least, with the common jungle paths of all the common junglers. There's always some element of risk when counterjungling, which is part of what makes it so exciting. But rarely will the enemy team be in a position to catch you at twingolems. Especially against junglers that start at blue. For extra fun, go enemy twingols -> enemy wraiths if you're fast enough. Just practice a lot and learn your limits.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 19:57:02
February 11 2011 19:46 GMT
#273
On February 12 2011 04:37 Tooplark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 08:55 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Ok I go longsword. Its fine if I dont lag but the servers have been shit the last 2 weeks.

Against smart teams wraith jack is also dangerous. I ran into a shaco who was starting there lol.

Try twin golems jack. If you want to jungle you have to be familiar with one champ, but if you want to counterjungle you have to be familiar with ALL of them. At least, with the common jungle paths of all the common junglers. There's always some element of risk when counterjungling, which is part of what makes it so exciting. But rarely will the enemy team be in a position to catch you at twingolems. Especially against junglers that start at blue. For extra fun, go enemy twingols -> enemy wraiths if you're fast enough. Just practice a lot and learn your limits.

If Shaco is smiting the big wraith and doing Regi's route, he will probably have smallgols boxed--which could potentially lead to you getting caught (and if his team is listening to him, they will be probably be protecting the boxes at red/lizard).
Moderator
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
February 11 2011 21:20 GMT
#274
I'm pretty sure twin golems will have respawned by the time the enemy jungler reaches them (if he does the blue, wolves, wraiths, red, twin route).
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 11 2011 21:39 GMT
#275
On February 12 2011 06:20 ArC_man wrote:
I'm pretty sure twin golems will have respawned by the time the enemy jungler reaches them (if he does the blue, wolves, wraiths, red, twin route).

Depending on the jungler, going blue->smallgol jack->gank at red is possible. And if you pull it off it absolutely wrecks them.
Moderator
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
February 11 2011 22:00 GMT
#276
Ahhh, I was talking about starting at their twin golems, but your route sounds like an interesting strategy. Who do you think it would work best against? Also, do you hit level 3 from blue->twin golem (I think maybe you might have to kill the big wolf first)?
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 23:45:42
February 11 2011 23:44 GMT
#277
What about wraith jack into golem jack? That way the golems won't respawn as quick and wraiths as gone so his only choice is to go to your jungle or gank at level 2 without red buff?

I was thinking of like, opening shatter on taric and smal gol jack or wraith jack if you're blue but I haven't tested it yet. Even just getting small golems gets you to lane at level 2 before they are with shatter and dazzle. Might take too long without smite though, maybe have to open cloth+5 or boots +3 as well.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 00:17:25
February 12 2011 00:13 GMT
#278
On February 12 2011 07:00 ArC_man wrote:
Ahhh, I was talking about starting at their twin golems, but your route sounds like an interesting strategy. Who do you think it would work best against? Also, do you hit level 3 from blue->twin golem (I think maybe you might have to kill the big wolf first)?

I've seen Dan Dinh do it without doing the big wolf, but he also runs XP quints on Warwick, so you might need the big wolf if you're doing it without them.

On February 12 2011 08:44 Slayer91 wrote:
What about wraith jack into golem jack? That way the golems won't respawn as quick and wraiths as gone so his only choice is to go to your jungle or gank at level 2 without red buff?

One of the advantages of a Wraith jack is that it's effective whether the enemy started at smallgols or at blue. With your idea, if they started at smallgols, they're gonna catch if you're your way to their smallgols, and they'll be a level up on you.
Moderator
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 00:17:32
February 12 2011 00:14 GMT
#279
double post
Moderator
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
February 12 2011 04:10 GMT
#280
The other big thing wraithjack has going for it is how safe and fast it is. You still annoy them if you just smite the big one and run. Twingolem jack does slow the enemy jungler down a bit, but the bigger thing it does is lets you jungle longer before going b or switches up your gank timing somewhat.
With olaf, for instance, sometimes I need to delay my gank until level 6 because I'll just get cc'd away from my target(s). I can hit 6 without going b, waiting around awkwardly for a very brief period of time. Plus at most points throughout my route I can take red and gank a sufficiently low-health lane (though I have to be careful, since I can't really show up with much more than half health). I'm not sure how much this applies to Warwick at this point, actually. Olaf is a much more efficient jungler when he can stay low health and he doesn't need blue buff very much (it makes wraiths way faster and wolves somewhat). That depends on how many points in Q you take, though, so yeah.
the moral of the story is try a lot of different things because each jungler AND player is different also you don't want to listen to rugfeeder
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 750
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings185
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27822
Shuttle 11724
FanTaSy 1602
Hyuk 1022
Horang2 564
BeSt 495
Mini 288
Pusan 240
Stork 213
EffOrt 162
[ Show more ]
Killer 143
Last 138
Zeus 122
Mind 90
ggaemo 69
Hyun 54
PianO 42
Snow 42
sorry 39
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 25
Aegong 22
zelot 18
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe355
Dendi266
Counter-Strike
fl0m2404
byalli801
x6flipin478
Other Games
gofns33915
singsing2939
B2W.Neo852
Hui .96
ArmadaUGS86
Livibee66
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 11m
Replay Cast
11h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.