• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:10
CEST 18:10
KST 01:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8904 users

Legacy of the Void Beta Patch 2.5.2 - Page 8

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
483 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 25 Next All
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
May 28 2015 02:12 GMT
#141
On May 28 2015 04:02 Hider wrote:
Can't express enough how i despise the turret change


So much this


Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
May 28 2015 02:14 GMT
#142
On May 28 2015 11:12 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 04:02 Hider wrote:
Can't express enough how i despise the turret change


So much this



i just died to an oracle... hahaha forgot about the ebay completly
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
May 28 2015 02:15 GMT
#143
LIberators are big, almost like Battlecruisers lol. I like the promise it shows for Sky Terran. Problem for me was I didn't do the research first and just jumped into a game. Didn't know the anti-ground mode needed research, so I got the tech lab, only to find out the research needs the armory. Shit.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Spect8rCraft
Profile Joined December 2012
649 Posts
May 28 2015 02:16 GMT
#144
On May 28 2015 11:15 NewSunshine wrote:
LIberators are big, almost like Battlecruisers lol. I like the promise it shows for Sky Terran. Problem for me was I didn't do the research first and just jumped into a game. Didn't know the anti-ground mode needed research, so I got the tech lab, only to find out the research needs the armory. Shit.


I don't know if it's ironic or fitting that by not doing your research, you failed to do your research for the ability.

Boy that's a weird sentence.
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
May 28 2015 02:18 GMT
#145
On May 28 2015 10:34 Spect8rCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 09:34 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:01 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:31 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:21 Lexender wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:00 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Even the Liberator's video is lame :/


Yeah all the units were just standing and shooting, it didn't look fun or exciting at all ._.

You guys realise its just a demonstration what to expect from this Unit? If you want to see it in real battles go play the beta (if you have it).

Looks interesting. Patch notes and the video. The only thing I dislike is how there is yet another option for Bio to counter Siege Tanks. As if Medivacs and Marauders aren´t enough (or are Marauders not that strong vs Tanks anymore with the new attack) ? But I guess the situation looks different if there are some Vikings involved. But the battle vs Protss Armies were nice. Looks like you don´t Vikings that much anymore.

I really wanna play the Beta.


From the liberator video, the battle versus the Protoss army only looked nice because the Protoss army walked into a Terran defensive concave while the liberators were given time to siege. Realistically, the liberators would've been torn from the sky the moment the engagement happened. Offensively, the liberators would've died before they would have a chance to siege.

At least, that's what would happen with a colossi-based army. I wonder if it'll be a good viking-ghost intermediary should the Protoss transition from colossi to storm.

The bolded part is exactly why this is nice. I can´t count how many times I have seen, in my games as well as others Protoss steamrolling a Terran Mech Army.


I found that promo to be of no strategic value because the Protoss army waltzed into a concave, since no player of any race would stroll into a sieged-up, fortified position (barring very extraneous circumstances, anyway). It looked all pretty, but it also looked like something an equivalent supplement of siege tanks could've done.

For whatever hopes I personally have for this unit, one of them is certainly not as mech support in TvP, because it seems to simply die hard to blink stalkers that get under them.


Sorry but that is just a bad thing to say. The way it is worded the way you did, you are lierally saying every player, in every league, from every race they play worldwide, would never do such thing. Guess you already started in higher leagues when you started playing this game. Ok maybe there wasn´t that much of a strategy involved there. But like I said, I have seen countless times players (for every race that is) doing the exact same thing that you described: walking into a fortified siege line, lower league and higher leagues up to GM and most of the time come out ahead. And this should not be the case. It should also not be unbreakable either. It should at least take more strategy to break a position like this. And maybe the Liberator will achieve that by forcing the opponent to think twice if they want to engage a position like this.
Extreme Force
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
May 28 2015 02:20 GMT
#146
On May 28 2015 11:14 Topin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:12 fruity. wrote:
On May 28 2015 04:02 Hider wrote:
Can't express enough how i despise the turret change


So much this



i just died to an oracle... hahaha forgot about the ebay completly


Blizz seem to forget that to keep players in multiplayer once they've played through the campaign, it needs to be fun. For the pro's it's perhaps less of an issue? But the coin flippy nature of SC - the vast variety of ways it's possible to lose to silly cheese is a barrier to getting people in multiplayer in the first place and keeping them playing thereafter.

If the long term success of a game relies on the numbers who play it.. I think this is a fair statement to make.. Then removing aspects of the game which make it easier for scrubs (yet doesn't effect the pro level in any significant way) Is just stupid, in this scrubs most humble opinion.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
May 28 2015 02:26 GMT
#147
The new chat is like the worst thing ever happens to Starcraft.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Spect8rCraft
Profile Joined December 2012
649 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 02:34:41
May 28 2015 02:33 GMT
#148
On May 28 2015 11:18 Tresher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 10:34 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:34 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:01 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:31 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:21 Lexender wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:00 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Even the Liberator's video is lame :/


Yeah all the units were just standing and shooting, it didn't look fun or exciting at all ._.

You guys realise its just a demonstration what to expect from this Unit? If you want to see it in real battles go play the beta (if you have it).

Looks interesting. Patch notes and the video. The only thing I dislike is how there is yet another option for Bio to counter Siege Tanks. As if Medivacs and Marauders aren´t enough (or are Marauders not that strong vs Tanks anymore with the new attack) ? But I guess the situation looks different if there are some Vikings involved. But the battle vs Protss Armies were nice. Looks like you don´t Vikings that much anymore.

I really wanna play the Beta.


From the liberator video, the battle versus the Protoss army only looked nice because the Protoss army walked into a Terran defensive concave while the liberators were given time to siege. Realistically, the liberators would've been torn from the sky the moment the engagement happened. Offensively, the liberators would've died before they would have a chance to siege.

At least, that's what would happen with a colossi-based army. I wonder if it'll be a good viking-ghost intermediary should the Protoss transition from colossi to storm.

The bolded part is exactly why this is nice. I can´t count how many times I have seen, in my games as well as others Protoss steamrolling a Terran Mech Army.


I found that promo to be of no strategic value because the Protoss army waltzed into a concave, since no player of any race would stroll into a sieged-up, fortified position (barring very extraneous circumstances, anyway). It looked all pretty, but it also looked like something an equivalent supplement of siege tanks could've done.

For whatever hopes I personally have for this unit, one of them is certainly not as mech support in TvP, because it seems to simply die hard to blink stalkers that get under them.


Sorry but that is just a bad thing to say. The way it is worded the way you did, you are lierally saying every player, in every league, from every race they play worldwide, would never do such thing. Guess you already started in higher leagues when you started playing this game. Ok maybe there wasn´t that much of a strategy involved there. But like I said, I have seen countless times players (for every race that is) doing the exact same thing that you described: walking into a fortified siege line, lower league and higher leagues up to GM and most of the time come out ahead. And this should not be the case. It should also not be unbreakable either. It should at least take more strategy to break a position like this. And maybe the Liberator will achieve that by forcing the opponent to think twice if they want to engage a position like this.


You're right. So as a wood league player who's walked into merciless siege fire like a headless chicken more than once, allow me to rectify my statement:

No good player should walk into a concave (ceteris paribus on a lot of factors, like upgrades and such) and survive it.

However, if your concern about mech is about the fact that armies can walk through it even when mech is in an advantageous position, I will reiterate again:

Those liberators didn't appear to do much more than an equal part of siege tanks could have achieved.

Is your position on mech predicated on the HotS races, or LotV races? Because a HotS immortal is drastically different from a LotV immortal.

And again, between an unusual army composition (that only included what, one or two immortals?) and an unusual army engagement (blink stalkers are the tool against mech), there's nothing to glean from the promo.
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
May 28 2015 02:44 GMT
#149
On May 28 2015 11:20 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:14 Topin wrote:
On May 28 2015 11:12 fruity. wrote:
On May 28 2015 04:02 Hider wrote:
Can't express enough how i despise the turret change


So much this



i just died to an oracle... hahaha forgot about the ebay completly


Blizz seem to forget that to keep players in multiplayer once they've played through the campaign, it needs to be fun. For the pro's it's perhaps less of an issue? But the coin flippy nature of SC - the vast variety of ways it's possible to lose to silly cheese is a barrier to getting people in multiplayer in the first place and keeping them playing thereafter.

If the long term success of a game relies on the numbers who play it.. I think this is a fair statement to make.. Then removing aspects of the game which make it easier for scrubs (yet doesn't effect the pro level in any significant way) Is just stupid, in this scrubs most humble opinion.

Good point here, this is definetly a problem they have to solve somehow. I think another problem what holds a lot of people back are smurfs. It might be a way for pro´s to practice anonymusly but for a silver player that faces a smurfing master player(that has only around 100 games on his smurf) its definetly not fun. I made this experience a few days ago (he even told me he was master I didn´t believed it ofc cause everybody can say that but could easily tell he was right when watching the replay and could even see it ingame) and not to mention I lost that game. And with it my motivation to go on and play some more games. I mean, it was promised that you get players of equal skill, maybe some more, some less. But facing a player that is 10 times better than you just takes the wind out of you.
Extreme Force
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 02:47:55
May 28 2015 02:47 GMT
#150
On May 28 2015 11:33 Spect8rCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:18 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 10:34 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:34 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:01 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:31 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:21 Lexender wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:00 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Even the Liberator's video is lame :/


Yeah all the units were just standing and shooting, it didn't look fun or exciting at all ._.

You guys realise its just a demonstration what to expect from this Unit? If you want to see it in real battles go play the beta (if you have it).

Looks interesting. Patch notes and the video. The only thing I dislike is how there is yet another option for Bio to counter Siege Tanks. As if Medivacs and Marauders aren´t enough (or are Marauders not that strong vs Tanks anymore with the new attack) ? But I guess the situation looks different if there are some Vikings involved. But the battle vs Protss Armies were nice. Looks like you don´t Vikings that much anymore.

I really wanna play the Beta.


From the liberator video, the battle versus the Protoss army only looked nice because the Protoss army walked into a Terran defensive concave while the liberators were given time to siege. Realistically, the liberators would've been torn from the sky the moment the engagement happened. Offensively, the liberators would've died before they would have a chance to siege.

At least, that's what would happen with a colossi-based army. I wonder if it'll be a good viking-ghost intermediary should the Protoss transition from colossi to storm.

The bolded part is exactly why this is nice. I can´t count how many times I have seen, in my games as well as others Protoss steamrolling a Terran Mech Army.


I found that promo to be of no strategic value because the Protoss army waltzed into a concave, since no player of any race would stroll into a sieged-up, fortified position (barring very extraneous circumstances, anyway). It looked all pretty, but it also looked like something an equivalent supplement of siege tanks could've done.

For whatever hopes I personally have for this unit, one of them is certainly not as mech support in TvP, because it seems to simply die hard to blink stalkers that get under them.


Sorry but that is just a bad thing to say. The way it is worded the way you did, you are lierally saying every player, in every league, from every race they play worldwide, would never do such thing. Guess you already started in higher leagues when you started playing this game. Ok maybe there wasn´t that much of a strategy involved there. But like I said, I have seen countless times players (for every race that is) doing the exact same thing that you described: walking into a fortified siege line, lower league and higher leagues up to GM and most of the time come out ahead. And this should not be the case. It should also not be unbreakable either. It should at least take more strategy to break a position like this. And maybe the Liberator will achieve that by forcing the opponent to think twice if they want to engage a position like this.


No good player should walk into a concave (ceteris paribus on a lot of factors, like upgrades and such) and survive it.


They do, though. I've seen Korean pros take engagements that you'd think a wood leaguer wouldn't.

And I've seen many a mech aficianado ask for nothing more than the ability to repel dumb pushes that shouldn't work but do work because mech falls over if you look at it very menacingly.

Whether the Liberator will actually provide that is another matter altogether, but that thing you think isn't an issue is very much an issue.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Spect8rCraft
Profile Joined December 2012
649 Posts
May 28 2015 02:50 GMT
#151
On May 28 2015 11:47 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:33 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 11:18 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 10:34 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:34 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:01 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:31 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:21 Lexender wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:00 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Even the Liberator's video is lame :/


Yeah all the units were just standing and shooting, it didn't look fun or exciting at all ._.

You guys realise its just a demonstration what to expect from this Unit? If you want to see it in real battles go play the beta (if you have it).

Looks interesting. Patch notes and the video. The only thing I dislike is how there is yet another option for Bio to counter Siege Tanks. As if Medivacs and Marauders aren´t enough (or are Marauders not that strong vs Tanks anymore with the new attack) ? But I guess the situation looks different if there are some Vikings involved. But the battle vs Protss Armies were nice. Looks like you don´t Vikings that much anymore.

I really wanna play the Beta.


From the liberator video, the battle versus the Protoss army only looked nice because the Protoss army walked into a Terran defensive concave while the liberators were given time to siege. Realistically, the liberators would've been torn from the sky the moment the engagement happened. Offensively, the liberators would've died before they would have a chance to siege.

At least, that's what would happen with a colossi-based army. I wonder if it'll be a good viking-ghost intermediary should the Protoss transition from colossi to storm.

The bolded part is exactly why this is nice. I can´t count how many times I have seen, in my games as well as others Protoss steamrolling a Terran Mech Army.


I found that promo to be of no strategic value because the Protoss army waltzed into a concave, since no player of any race would stroll into a sieged-up, fortified position (barring very extraneous circumstances, anyway). It looked all pretty, but it also looked like something an equivalent supplement of siege tanks could've done.

For whatever hopes I personally have for this unit, one of them is certainly not as mech support in TvP, because it seems to simply die hard to blink stalkers that get under them.


Sorry but that is just a bad thing to say. The way it is worded the way you did, you are lierally saying every player, in every league, from every race they play worldwide, would never do such thing. Guess you already started in higher leagues when you started playing this game. Ok maybe there wasn´t that much of a strategy involved there. But like I said, I have seen countless times players (for every race that is) doing the exact same thing that you described: walking into a fortified siege line, lower league and higher leagues up to GM and most of the time come out ahead. And this should not be the case. It should also not be unbreakable either. It should at least take more strategy to break a position like this. And maybe the Liberator will achieve that by forcing the opponent to think twice if they want to engage a position like this.


No good player should walk into a concave (ceteris paribus on a lot of factors, like upgrades and such) and survive it.


They do, though. I've seen Korean pros take engagements that you'd think a wood leaguer wouldn't.

And I've seen many a mech aficianado ask for nothing more than the ability to repel dumb pushes that shouldn't work but do work because mech falls over if you look at it very menacingly.

Whether the Liberator will actually provide that is another matter altogether, but what you say doesn't happen, and there's no need to "fix," absolutely does and there absolutely is.


That's an issue regarding mech itself, which is a wholly different discussion in its own right. I'm arguing that the liberator isn't likely going to add that sort of stonewall capability, a least not any more than a couple of siege tanks would have.

More likely than not, a better Protoss force than depicted, with proper engagement capacity (like blinking forward) would've left that concave just as decimated.
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
May 28 2015 02:55 GMT
#152
On May 28 2015 11:33 Spect8rCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:18 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 10:34 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:34 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:01 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:31 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:21 Lexender wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:00 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Even the Liberator's video is lame :/


Yeah all the units were just standing and shooting, it didn't look fun or exciting at all ._.

You guys realise its just a demonstration what to expect from this Unit? If you want to see it in real battles go play the beta (if you have it).

Looks interesting. Patch notes and the video. The only thing I dislike is how there is yet another option for Bio to counter Siege Tanks. As if Medivacs and Marauders aren´t enough (or are Marauders not that strong vs Tanks anymore with the new attack) ? But I guess the situation looks different if there are some Vikings involved. But the battle vs Protss Armies were nice. Looks like you don´t Vikings that much anymore.

I really wanna play the Beta.


From the liberator video, the battle versus the Protoss army only looked nice because the Protoss army walked into a Terran defensive concave while the liberators were given time to siege. Realistically, the liberators would've been torn from the sky the moment the engagement happened. Offensively, the liberators would've died before they would have a chance to siege.

At least, that's what would happen with a colossi-based army. I wonder if it'll be a good viking-ghost intermediary should the Protoss transition from colossi to storm.

The bolded part is exactly why this is nice. I can´t count how many times I have seen, in my games as well as others Protoss steamrolling a Terran Mech Army.


I found that promo to be of no strategic value because the Protoss army waltzed into a concave, since no player of any race would stroll into a sieged-up, fortified position (barring very extraneous circumstances, anyway). It looked all pretty, but it also looked like something an equivalent supplement of siege tanks could've done.

For whatever hopes I personally have for this unit, one of them is certainly not as mech support in TvP, because it seems to simply die hard to blink stalkers that get under them.


Sorry but that is just a bad thing to say. The way it is worded the way you did, you are lierally saying every player, in every league, from every race they play worldwide, would never do such thing. Guess you already started in higher leagues when you started playing this game. Ok maybe there wasn´t that much of a strategy involved there. But like I said, I have seen countless times players (for every race that is) doing the exact same thing that you described: walking into a fortified siege line, lower league and higher leagues up to GM and most of the time come out ahead. And this should not be the case. It should also not be unbreakable either. It should at least take more strategy to break a position like this. And maybe the Liberator will achieve that by forcing the opponent to think twice if they want to engage a position like this.


You're right. So as a wood league player who's walked into merciless siege fire like a headless chicken more than once, allow me to rectify my statement:

1. No good player should walk into a concave (ceteris paribus on a lot of factors, like upgrades and such) and survive it.

However, if your concern about mech is about the fact that armies can walk through it even when mech is in an advantageous position, I will reiterate again:
2. Those liberators didn't appear to do much more than an equal part of siege tanks could have achieved.

3 .Is your position on mech predicated on the HotS races, or LotV races? Because a HotS immortal is drastically different from a LotV immortal.

And again, between an unusual army composition (that only included what, one or two immortals?) and an unusual army engagement (blink stalkers are the tool against mech), there's nothing to glean from the promo.

1. That sounds a lot better .
2. If Tanks would actually do damage then yes.
3. I was mostly talking about the past. Meaning WoL and HotS. I know the LotV Immortal is different. Sorry I haven´t seen any Mech vs Protoss games in LOtV yet cause of the lack of people streaming it.
Extreme Force
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 03:02:45
May 28 2015 03:01 GMT
#153
On May 28 2015 11:50 Spect8rCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:47 pure.Wasted wrote:
On May 28 2015 11:33 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 11:18 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 10:34 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:34 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:01 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:31 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:21 Lexender wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:00 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Even the Liberator's video is lame :/


Yeah all the units were just standing and shooting, it didn't look fun or exciting at all ._.

You guys realise its just a demonstration what to expect from this Unit? If you want to see it in real battles go play the beta (if you have it).

Looks interesting. Patch notes and the video. The only thing I dislike is how there is yet another option for Bio to counter Siege Tanks. As if Medivacs and Marauders aren´t enough (or are Marauders not that strong vs Tanks anymore with the new attack) ? But I guess the situation looks different if there are some Vikings involved. But the battle vs Protss Armies were nice. Looks like you don´t Vikings that much anymore.

I really wanna play the Beta.


From the liberator video, the battle versus the Protoss army only looked nice because the Protoss army walked into a Terran defensive concave while the liberators were given time to siege. Realistically, the liberators would've been torn from the sky the moment the engagement happened. Offensively, the liberators would've died before they would have a chance to siege.

At least, that's what would happen with a colossi-based army. I wonder if it'll be a good viking-ghost intermediary should the Protoss transition from colossi to storm.

The bolded part is exactly why this is nice. I can´t count how many times I have seen, in my games as well as others Protoss steamrolling a Terran Mech Army.


I found that promo to be of no strategic value because the Protoss army waltzed into a concave, since no player of any race would stroll into a sieged-up, fortified position (barring very extraneous circumstances, anyway). It looked all pretty, but it also looked like something an equivalent supplement of siege tanks could've done.

For whatever hopes I personally have for this unit, one of them is certainly not as mech support in TvP, because it seems to simply die hard to blink stalkers that get under them.


Sorry but that is just a bad thing to say. The way it is worded the way you did, you are lierally saying every player, in every league, from every race they play worldwide, would never do such thing. Guess you already started in higher leagues when you started playing this game. Ok maybe there wasn´t that much of a strategy involved there. But like I said, I have seen countless times players (for every race that is) doing the exact same thing that you described: walking into a fortified siege line, lower league and higher leagues up to GM and most of the time come out ahead. And this should not be the case. It should also not be unbreakable either. It should at least take more strategy to break a position like this. And maybe the Liberator will achieve that by forcing the opponent to think twice if they want to engage a position like this.


No good player should walk into a concave (ceteris paribus on a lot of factors, like upgrades and such) and survive it.


They do, though. I've seen Korean pros take engagements that you'd think a wood leaguer wouldn't.

And I've seen many a mech aficianado ask for nothing more than the ability to repel dumb pushes that shouldn't work but do work because mech falls over if you look at it very menacingly.

Whether the Liberator will actually provide that is another matter altogether, but what you say doesn't happen, and there's no need to "fix," absolutely does and there absolutely is.


That's an issue regarding mech itself, which is a wholly different discussion in its own right. I'm arguing that the liberator isn't likely going to add that sort of stonewall capability, a least not any more than a couple of siege tanks would have.

More likely than not, a better Protoss force than depicted, with proper engagement capacity (like blinking forward) would've left that concave just as decimated.


I feel like this is some really deep theorycraft territory. If you interpreted the unit stats correctly, and if the unit compositions of mech vs Protoss stay relatively similar in LOTV to what they would be in a hypothetical HOTS scenario that doesn't really exist, allowing us to judge how many Blink Stalkers the Protoss has access to and what counterplay the Terran will have against them, and if Blizzard doesn't then change those stats to counter your theory if they're concerned that your theory might be true, then, yes, it's possible that the Liberator won't have added anything brand new to a fight between Maru and PartinG.

Maybe.

As backwards as it might seem to us, Blizzard might want the Liberator to be the new Siege Tank. They may be looking to balance it accordingly.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 03:06:14
May 28 2015 03:02 GMT
#154
On May 28 2015 11:50 Spect8rCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:47 pure.Wasted wrote:
On May 28 2015 11:33 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 11:18 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 10:34 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:34 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 09:01 Spect8rCraft wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:31 Tresher wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:21 Lexender wrote:
On May 28 2015 08:00 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Even the Liberator's video is lame :/


Yeah all the units were just standing and shooting, it didn't look fun or exciting at all ._.

You guys realise its just a demonstration what to expect from this Unit? If you want to see it in real battles go play the beta (if you have it).

Looks interesting. Patch notes and the video. The only thing I dislike is how there is yet another option for Bio to counter Siege Tanks. As if Medivacs and Marauders aren´t enough (or are Marauders not that strong vs Tanks anymore with the new attack) ? But I guess the situation looks different if there are some Vikings involved. But the battle vs Protss Armies were nice. Looks like you don´t Vikings that much anymore.

I really wanna play the Beta.


From the liberator video, the battle versus the Protoss army only looked nice because the Protoss army walked into a Terran defensive concave while the liberators were given time to siege. Realistically, the liberators would've been torn from the sky the moment the engagement happened. Offensively, the liberators would've died before they would have a chance to siege.

At least, that's what would happen with a colossi-based army. I wonder if it'll be a good viking-ghost intermediary should the Protoss transition from colossi to storm.

The bolded part is exactly why this is nice. I can´t count how many times I have seen, in my games as well as others Protoss steamrolling a Terran Mech Army.


I found that promo to be of no strategic value because the Protoss army waltzed into a concave, since no player of any race would stroll into a sieged-up, fortified position (barring very extraneous circumstances, anyway). It looked all pretty, but it also looked like something an equivalent supplement of siege tanks could've done.

For whatever hopes I personally have for this unit, one of them is certainly not as mech support in TvP, because it seems to simply die hard to blink stalkers that get under them.


Sorry but that is just a bad thing to say. The way it is worded the way you did, you are lierally saying every player, in every league, from every race they play worldwide, would never do such thing. Guess you already started in higher leagues when you started playing this game. Ok maybe there wasn´t that much of a strategy involved there. But like I said, I have seen countless times players (for every race that is) doing the exact same thing that you described: walking into a fortified siege line, lower league and higher leagues up to GM and most of the time come out ahead. And this should not be the case. It should also not be unbreakable either. It should at least take more strategy to break a position like this. And maybe the Liberator will achieve that by forcing the opponent to think twice if they want to engage a position like this.


No good player should walk into a concave (ceteris paribus on a lot of factors, like upgrades and such) and survive it.


They do, though. I've seen Korean pros take engagements that you'd think a wood leaguer wouldn't.

And I've seen many a mech aficianado ask for nothing more than the ability to repel dumb pushes that shouldn't work but do work because mech falls over if you look at it very menacingly.

Whether the Liberator will actually provide that is another matter altogether, but what you say doesn't happen, and there's no need to "fix," absolutely does and there absolutely is.


That's an issue regarding mech itself, which is a wholly different discussion in its own right. I'm arguing that the liberator isn't likely going to add that sort of stonewall capability, a least not any more than a couple of siege tanks would have.

More likely than not, a better Protoss force than depicted, with proper engagement capacity (like blinking forward) would've left that concave just as decimated.

Well the way I see the Liberator is like this:
TvZ: Obviously it will help against Mutas and will swap roles with the Thor.
TvT: It will mostly help breaking siege lines and contains.
TvP: I think it will somehow replace the Viking like shown in the video. The Viking will then take more the role its intented: Attacking Capital Ships.

Please Note that Iam only talking about Mech here.
But like pure wasted said: this is a lot of theorycrafting here. We will see how it turns out.

Extreme Force
BruMeister
Profile Joined February 2012
United States90 Posts
May 28 2015 03:06 GMT
#155
I don't mind the new chat, but I would like to be able to make the chat box bigger.

Also, the option to have separate boxes for private chats (like before) would be nice.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
May 28 2015 03:35 GMT
#156
On May 28 2015 11:16 Spect8rCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 11:15 NewSunshine wrote:
LIberators are big, almost like Battlecruisers lol. I like the promise it shows for Sky Terran. Problem for me was I didn't do the research first and just jumped into a game. Didn't know the anti-ground mode needed research, so I got the tech lab, only to find out the research needs the armory. Shit.


I don't know if it's ironic or fitting that by not doing your research, you failed to do your research for the ability.

Boy that's a weird sentence.

The cosmic irony is never lost on me. I dig the unit though, even though it is like, gigantic, really fucking big. How can it possibly be produced 2 at a time?

My theory is that by making it huge, Blizzard wants people to play with it by making it easier to click, then they scale it down after beta.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
May 28 2015 03:53 GMT
#157
On May 28 2015 11:47 pure.Wasted wrote:
And I've seen many a mech aficianado ask for nothing more than the ability to repel dumb pushes that shouldn't work but do work because mech falls over if you look at it very menacingly.


On May 28 2015 11:55 Tresher wrote:
If Tanks would actually do damage [....]


From the recent FlaSh interview here on TL;

Question: If you had the opportunity to switch BW units with SC2 units then which ones would you choose?
Flash:BW tanks and SC2 tanks. I think SC2 tanks are so bad.

When reading of pro level Terran players thoughts, this seems to be a real common gripe. Tanks in BW were good, in SC2.. meh.

The Liberator for me seems somewhat silly, it's covering a role that a tank should be able to do own it's own. It seems this is Blizz's solution to 'late game Terran', give another unit to do the same role as another - but go Redbull mode and add wings. Personally I feel a better solution would of been to just make tanks real tanks, bad ass units not to fuck with without thought, I'm clearly not alone in this view. Then we might of been able to get a real unique and different unit, something new to add more diversity. Of course there is more to the Liberator than this with it's dual mode of operation, I'm aware of that.

Time will tell, definitely going to be looking for pro feedback in upcoming weeks, both here and in chat shows, on their thoughts on this unit,. and how well it integrates, and effects late game Terran.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
ShambhalaWar
Profile Joined August 2013
United States930 Posts
May 28 2015 04:00 GMT
#158
On May 28 2015 11:26 digmouse wrote:
The new chat is like the worst thing ever happens to Starcraft.


It does look like total shit.

Can you elaborate on why you don't like it?
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 04:07:08
May 28 2015 04:00 GMT
#159
Blizzard's strategy for the chat system is to put a crappy version of what we really want on there, so, with our complaints of how bad the "test" is, they can justify reverting back and not have to do any real work on the UI.
T P Z sagi
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
May 28 2015 04:01 GMT
#160
Looks so op that I am looking forward to it lol
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM383
TaKeTV 51
BRAT_OK 13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 383
ProTech145
TKL 74
UpATreeSC 68
Codebar 35
Rex 33
BRAT_OK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1303
Shuttle 1114
EffOrt 514
ggaemo 336
Mini 329
Stork 265
firebathero 200
Light 181
Dewaltoss 103
Rush 102
[ Show more ]
Barracks 85
910 75
Sea.KH 61
sorry 56
Zeus 56
Killer 53
Mong 45
Shine 44
Hyun 43
Shinee 42
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4370
Dendi1946
BananaSlamJamma432
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi2040
hiko1196
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick170
ArmadaUGS168
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream518
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade759
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 51m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.