• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:33
CEST 22:33
KST 05:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8913 users

[Patch 3.14] PreSeason 4 General Discussion - Page 107

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 211 Next
UnKooL
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1667 Posts
December 01 2013 04:19 GMT
#2121
Whats the purpose of the 3rd place match? I thought the 2 winners move up.
LoL: UnKooL and SoloQFiendUnKooL, SC2: UnKooL
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 01 2013 04:21 GMT
#2122
fyi in china they call lucian obama

TranslatorBaa!
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-01 04:30:40
December 01 2013 04:21 GMT
#2123
On December 01 2013 11:25 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 11:21 JazzVortical wrote:
When are you guys building sightstone as supports? Is it still first item or are you building the the gold generation items first? With the ward limit you don't need to get any other wards so it seems good to still get it first.

Also, assist streaks are bonkers. ADCs are seeming like they are now the poorest members on the team.

I'm doing, tier-1 gold item -> sightstone -> tier-2 gold item -> ruby sightstone.

Pretty lane dependent though, sometimes I prefer getting tier 2 gold item before sightstone.
If I'm doing that, I get the ward trinket first, then get sweeping after sightstone.

Ruby sightstone is a bit more optional to get early now, since the 3-ward limit applies whether you have the normal or ruby version. It basically just lets you carry more with you for longer excursions, and squeezes an extra ruby crystal into the item slot. Most of the time, IMO, you'll want to start upping your CDR with a kindlegem item before you finish the ruby sightstone.

I still prefer getting Sightstone before upgrading my gold item.
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
December 01 2013 04:54 GMT
#2124
On December 01 2013 13:21 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 11:25 wei2coolman wrote:
On December 01 2013 11:21 JazzVortical wrote:
When are you guys building sightstone as supports? Is it still first item or are you building the the gold generation items first? With the ward limit you don't need to get any other wards so it seems good to still get it first.

Also, assist streaks are bonkers. ADCs are seeming like they are now the poorest members on the team.

I'm doing, tier-1 gold item -> sightstone -> tier-2 gold item -> ruby sightstone.

Pretty lane dependent though, sometimes I prefer getting tier 2 gold item before sightstone.
If I'm doing that, I get the ward trinket first, then get sweeping after sightstone.

Ruby sightstone is a bit more optional to get early now, since the 3-ward limit applies whether you have the normal or ruby version. It basically just lets you carry more with you for longer excursions, and squeezes an extra ruby crystal into the item slot. Most of the time, IMO, you'll want to start upping your CDR with a kindlegem item before you finish the ruby sightstone.

I still prefer getting Sightstone before upgrading my gold item.


Yeah, I've been going Ward trinket first, then selling it for a different one when I've got free wards from Sightstone. I haven't bought a Kindelgem in a while though, been doing second AP carry type builds.

Is the Clairvoyance trinket any good? I haven't tried it out yet.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-01 04:59:39
December 01 2013 04:59 GMT
#2125
I dunno, the detector trinket is too good for me to have tried the CV one.

Swapping the ward trinket for the scanner trinket post-sightstone is pretty excellent tho.
TyrantPotato
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1541 Posts
December 01 2013 05:09 GMT
#2126
So had interesting game today. Key notes.

Quinn destroys kassadin early game. As in 1autoEauto and hes irrelevant.
People are derps and feed.
People dont surrender when both nexus turrets are dead and we got aced.
Sometimes the enemy team is so bad they cant end
Sometimes the enemy team is so bad we survive 30 minutes with nothing in base.
Sometimes the enemy team is so bad we can win with nothing in our bases after being 6-23 at 20mins
Wow.

I love league sometimes.
Forever ZeNEX.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
December 01 2013 05:44 GMT
#2127
On December 01 2013 14:09 TyrantPotato wrote:
So had interesting game today. Key notes.

Quinn destroys kassadin early game. As in 1autoEauto and hes irrelevant.
People are derps and feed.
People dont surrender when both nexus turrets are dead and we got aced.
Sometimes the enemy team is so bad they cant end
Sometimes the enemy team is so bad we survive 30 minutes with nothing in base.
Sometimes the enemy team is so bad we can win with nothing in our bases after being 6-23 at 20mins
Wow.

I love league sometimes.


Sounds like the Ranked game I played today, was 1-10 in first 8 minutes, albeit my team was completely, utterly worthless but wouldn't surrender when it was clearly a lost game, especially when the guy playing Darius for the first time ends up being the only person to break 7 kills in a 20 kill game, granted the other team had 50 by the end....

Worst part, the enemy ADC when runaans into shiv, which is OK on Ashe I guess, but I looked him up afterwards, he built Runaans first on Vayne, and on every ADC he plays....God I love Bronze MMR....
Steam: rook492
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
December 01 2013 07:00 GMT
#2128
It's actually really bad on any adc.

That being said, we have the Shikyo thread for that QQ.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 01 2013 07:33 GMT
#2129
They really need to take it off as a recommended item.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 01 2013 09:27 GMT
#2130
Also... You really don't need to bypass the entire ward when ganking with the detector. Just disabling it long enough to enter the ward's vision halfway through could be enough for the kill in many instances.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
December 01 2013 09:36 GMT
#2131
I am absolutely hating support right now. I used to really enjoy it too. It's hard to control vision like in S3, and the influx of money means that supports that were good because they were 0 cs (namely Janna/Sona/Lulu/Nami) now get outclassed because they can't do stuff with money.

And the support items are pretty awful too. Why would you get Ohmwrecker and Twin Shadows when you can just get something like Rabadon's? I don't see any reason to bother with those shitty mid-tier items when you have enough money to just get real items from the support position.

The way I've been playing support in pre-S4 is just choosing whatever random hero I want to play because it seems like I'll eventually get to build whatever I want.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
December 01 2013 09:41 GMT
#2132
Am I the only one who trades the yellow trinket for the red one after the laning phase is over?

Also, Shyvana stronk.
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
December 01 2013 09:56 GMT
#2133
On December 01 2013 13:54 JazzVortical wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 13:21 sylverfyre wrote:
On December 01 2013 11:25 wei2coolman wrote:
On December 01 2013 11:21 JazzVortical wrote:
When are you guys building sightstone as supports? Is it still first item or are you building the the gold generation items first? With the ward limit you don't need to get any other wards so it seems good to still get it first.

Also, assist streaks are bonkers. ADCs are seeming like they are now the poorest members on the team.

I'm doing, tier-1 gold item -> sightstone -> tier-2 gold item -> ruby sightstone.

Pretty lane dependent though, sometimes I prefer getting tier 2 gold item before sightstone.
If I'm doing that, I get the ward trinket first, then get sweeping after sightstone.

Ruby sightstone is a bit more optional to get early now, since the 3-ward limit applies whether you have the normal or ruby version. It basically just lets you carry more with you for longer excursions, and squeezes an extra ruby crystal into the item slot. Most of the time, IMO, you'll want to start upping your CDR with a kindlegem item before you finish the ruby sightstone.

I still prefer getting Sightstone before upgrading my gold item.


Yeah, I've been going Ward trinket first, then selling it for a different one when I've got free wards from Sightstone. I haven't bought a Kindelgem in a while though, been doing second AP carry type builds.

Is the Clairvoyance trinket any good? I haven't tried it out yet.



Red > yellow > blue for supports. Blue seems ok'ish if you're nidalee, ziggs or something, but even then the red one just outshines by denying map control.
hi
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
December 01 2013 09:58 GMT
#2134
On December 01 2013 18:36 kainzero wrote:
I am absolutely hating support right now. I used to really enjoy it too. It's hard to control vision like in S3, and the influx of money means that supports that were good because they were 0 cs (namely Janna/Sona/Lulu/Nami) now get outclassed because they can't do stuff with money.

And the support items are pretty awful too. Why would you get Ohmwrecker and Twin Shadows when you can just get something like Rabadon's? I don't see any reason to bother with those shitty mid-tier items when you have enough money to just get real items from the support position.

The way I've been playing support in pre-S4 is just choosing whatever random hero I want to play because it seems like I'll eventually get to build whatever I want.


I like that it opens up the possibility of more champs going bot (including pairings without an ADC). I'm enjoying playing it, but when I end up with more gold than the person I'm meant to be supporting, something seems off.

I don't think all support champs are outclassed. It just depends on what you want to add to your team comp. I like that Nami's Ebb and Flow can possibly now do more damage/healing per bounce. Janna still becomes a monster pusher with AP. Taric is obviously a monster right now. I do agree Sona copped it, but she's been popular for ages so a break from her is nice.

I still maintain the ward cap and better support items would have been enough. A little bit of extra gold and better things to spend it on.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
December 01 2013 10:13 GMT
#2135
On December 01 2013 16:33 GolemMadness wrote:
They really need to take it off as a recommended item.

I think the item needs a rework in general. It's a terrible item on anyone 99% of the time.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
December 01 2013 10:15 GMT
#2136
I'm still advocating the International Bank of Botlane. Ashe + GP, Gold Runes+Masteries, Hawkshot Max, start Relic Shield, and both rush Avarice Blade. So much wealth it's absurd. Plus Ashe is really great with Raise Morale.

Btw, as a highlight/funfact, the Relic Shield heal and goldshare range is dictate by where the minion dies, not where the killer is. So Gangplank can ult across the map to kill a minion near an ally, and when the minion dies it will heal that ally all across the map. Starcall is a thing of the past thanks to Gangplank Global Heal.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-01 10:22:42
December 01 2013 10:20 GMT
#2137
Someone actually banned Fiora against me.

What a waste, having to dodge as first pick...

On December 01 2013 19:13 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 16:33 GolemMadness wrote:
They really need to take it off as a recommended item.

I think the item needs a rework in general. It's a terrible item on anyone 99% of the time.

It just needs synergy with itself. Make Brutalizer a component and have it cost the same and it'll be great.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
December 01 2013 10:34 GMT
#2138
On November 30 2013 15:29 Zdrastochye wrote:
Kayle can be played jungle/mid/support/top, I wouldn't advocate playing her as an adc but I guess you could do it. The problem is you want 35% CDR ASAP so you can keep E up 100% of the time. Her matchups top are fucking amazing too, she does VERY well versus most champions top. Her jungle is quite great too, can gank pre-6, can towerdive gank post-6, and clears reasonably fast. Takes a lot of damage though, and is counterjunglable.


Honestly I'm waiting for someone to pick Kayle up again in a top/mid role. Going Athene's + CDR boots + CDR masteries means max CDR, all gained within a reasonable laning phase. Exit out of laning phase spamming E left and right, and your ult is on a 45-60s cooldown depending upon her level. Sure your AP and AS will be a bit low, but going Lich Bane into Nashor's tends to be just enough (at least whenever I played as her in ARAMs) to have her be a relevant damage dealer in teamfights by mid to late game. Not to mention her full build (Lich Bane + Nashors + Rabadon's + Void Staff + Athene's + CDR boots) means your first E should hit for like 700 on an AoE cleave, and every subsequent hit being anywhere from 200-450 in an AoE cleave, as an auto attack.
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
December 01 2013 10:37 GMT
#2139
On December 01 2013 19:20 Shikyo wrote:
Someone actually banned Fiora against me.

What a waste, having to dodge as first pick...

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 19:13 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 01 2013 16:33 GolemMadness wrote:
They really need to take it off as a recommended item.

I think the item needs a rework in general. It's a terrible item on anyone 99% of the time.

It just needs synergy with itself. Make Brutalizer a component and have it cost the same and it'll be great.


I can't believe you're that committed to playing one champ. Guess you must really like Fiora.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 01 2013 10:37 GMT
#2140
On December 01 2013 18:36 kainzero wrote:
I am absolutely hating support right now. I used to really enjoy it too. It's hard to control vision like in S3, and the influx of money means that supports that were good because they were 0 cs (namely Janna/Sona/Lulu/Nami) now get outclassed because they can't do stuff with money.

And the support items are pretty awful too. Why would you get Ohmwrecker and Twin Shadows when you can just get something like Rabadon's? I don't see any reason to bother with those shitty mid-tier items when you have enough money to just get real items from the support position.

The way I've been playing support in pre-S4 is just choosing whatever random hero I want to play because it seems like I'll eventually get to build whatever I want.


Because Twin Shadows doesn't fill the same role as deathcap. Deathcap is a pure damage item. Twin Shadows provides some damage, some tankiness and great utility.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 249
JuggernautJason121
Nina 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 194
firebathero 77
910 43
Trap 25
NaDa 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0175
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9607
crisheroes1761
Liquid`Hasu1755
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g6001
Liquid`RaSZi5418
Beastyqt830
shahzam468
B2W.Neo287
Pyrionflax135
KnowMe129
ArmadaUGS112
ZombieGrub102
IndyStarCraft 85
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream384
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 10
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix13
• Eskiya23 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV406
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• imaqtpie830
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.