• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:38
CEST 11:38
KST 18:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12251 users

[Patch 3.12] (j/k) Jinx General Discussion - Page 315

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 313 314 315 316 317 383 Next
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 24 2013 12:42 GMT
#6281
On October 24 2013 21:39 Zdrastochye wrote:
I gave it to my carry so he can get all the money.

Figures. You work your carry to death by making him work overtime so you can buy ephemeral decorations to place about your home. You're a horrible person.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 24 2013 12:44 GMT
#6282
I sell my dorans for items components (or if I need like 100 gold to buy that NLR and drake's about to spawn so I don't have the time to go kill wolves, back, buy and make it to the pit in time), always get slot dedicated to wards.
I think I often spend less on items than my opponents even when I win my lane because of the 15+ wards I buy in a medium-length game. I should learn greediness. >.>
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 12:53:58
October 24 2013 12:50 GMT
#6283
On October 24 2013 20:52 Slayer91 wrote:
aka buy only wards


Tabe #1

Like I'm awful, but as someone that is awful, I know even more awful supports who spend their money buying shit useless items like aegis and shurelias and then complain about their allies getting caught.

Supports are basically just things that shit wards and have cool spells imoimo, and I LIKE to play support that way. It's actually more fun that way because I feel like I make a great impact.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
October 24 2013 12:52 GMT
#6284
remember when oracles actually did go away on death

whatever happened to that

so stupid lol it was such a shitty change
TranslatorBaa!
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 12:54:23
October 24 2013 12:53 GMT
#6285
On October 24 2013 21:52 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
remember when oracles actually did go away on death

whatever happened to that

so stupid lol it was such a shitty change


Yeah wtf going back to that would be the best change for oracles.

Supports need to learn how to be brave but also not braindead because they know they won't lose their oracles.

SUPPORTS ALWAYS BUY ORACLES - infinitestory 2013
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
October 24 2013 12:54 GMT
#6286
I'm a bit surprised to see people not trusting Riot. They made our favorite game, a game which most of us have probably been playing for years now, they give constant insight and feedback to their community and I'm always embarrassed when I see bronze-bros berate Riot like they somehow knew game design better than the people who actually built the damn thing.

Obviously Riot can't predict the significance of every change 100%, but I've yet to see them make big changes without good reason. They've yet to even come close to breaking their own game, unlike other game companies I could mention. I dunno about you but I thought S3 was pretty great.

I'm not worried about S4. Just excited.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 12:59:18
October 24 2013 12:58 GMT
#6287
On October 24 2013 21:52 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
remember when oracles actually did go away on death

whatever happened to that

so stupid lol it was such a shitty change

They also near doubled the price at the same time while slapping a time limit on it.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 13:04:17
October 24 2013 13:03 GMT
#6288
On October 24 2013 21:58 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 21:52 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
remember when oracles actually did go away on death

whatever happened to that

so stupid lol it was such a shitty change

They also near doubled the price at the same time while slapping a time limit on it.


Wait...they doubled the price of oracle? Wasn't it always 400?

The time limit thing is really not a big deal. Grabbing 400 gold every 5 minutes is NOT hard, especially in a game where KS champions like Sona reign supreme (not to mention getting assists with her is hilariously easy).
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 13:11:04
October 24 2013 13:08 GMT
#6289
Oracle used to be 250, no time limit, disappears on death. Was changed because once your jungler gets an advantage over the enemy's he can just buy oracle, regularly sweep everything, and not die because he'll win 1v1 and your lanes can't collapse because of 0 vision. Made the game very oppressive past the first few minutes.
Now that I think about it, the fact that the laning phase is so short right now when picking push champs and swapping lanes would probably reduce the effectiveness of this strategy if the oracle changes were reverted. Makes me curious.

On October 24 2013 21:54 Osmoses wrote:
I'm a bit surprised to see people not trusting Riot. They made our favorite game, a game which most of us have probably been playing for years now, they give constant insight and feedback to their community and I'm always embarrassed when I see bronze-bros berate Riot like they somehow knew game design better than the people who actually built the damn thing.

They give selective insight. I know I'm repeating myself, but they never addressed any of the posts I came across that mentioned support itemisation or ways to direct willingly direct farm (over gp5, ambient gold, etc.) and since they seemingly never even bothered to touch these goals with a 10-foot pole it's concerning wrt the way they link issues, causes and solutions.

On the other hand had they never given insight into what they intend then I wouldn't be in a position to be concerned by them deliberately avoiding/ignoring these topics. So I'm only annoyed because they gave insight to begin with, in a sense. :|

(And I enjoyed jungling in s3 but it doesn't count because Vi came out at that time, without her I'd likely have preferred s2 jungle because of my champion pool, so I can't really give an opinion. >>)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
October 24 2013 13:18 GMT
#6290
On October 24 2013 22:08 Alaric wrote:
Oracle used to be 250, no time limit, disappears on death.


uhm what oracles used to be 600 and got repeatedly buffed until its 400 it was never below 400 only above
TranslatorBaa!
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 13:20:05
October 24 2013 13:19 GMT
#6291
On October 24 2013 22:08 Alaric wrote:
Oracle used to be 250, no time limit, disappears on death. Was changed because once your jungler gets an advantage over the enemy's he can just buy oracle, regularly sweep everything, and not die because he'll win 1v1 and your lanes can't collapse because of 0 vision. Made the game very oppressive past the first few minutes.
Now that I think about it, the fact that the laning phase is so short right now when picking push champs and swapping lanes would probably reduce the effectiveness of this strategy if the oracle changes were reverted. Makes me curious.

Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 21:54 Osmoses wrote:
I'm a bit surprised to see people not trusting Riot. They made our favorite game, a game which most of us have probably been playing for years now, they give constant insight and feedback to their community and I'm always embarrassed when I see bronze-bros berate Riot like they somehow knew game design better than the people who actually built the damn thing.

They give selective insight. I know I'm repeating myself, but they never addressed any of the posts I came across that mentioned support itemisation or ways to direct willingly direct farm (over gp5, ambient gold, etc.) and since they seemingly never even bothered to touch these goals with a 10-foot pole it's concerning wrt the way they link issues, causes and solutions.

On the other hand had they never given insight into what they intend then I wouldn't be in a position to be concerned by them deliberately avoiding/ignoring these topics. So I'm only annoyed because they gave insight to begin with, in a sense. :|

(And I enjoyed jungling in s3 but it doesn't count because Vi came out at that time, without her I'd likely have preferred s2 jungle because of my champion pool, so I can't really give an opinion. >>)

No.. it was 400 in season 1. The time limit was slapped on it, but it was not 250 gold since at least 2010 when I started playing. The "jungler gets advantage, buys oracle with just boots or just heart of gold" meta was with that 400 gold no-time-limit oracles, right up until they added a time limit to it.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
October 24 2013 13:23 GMT
#6292
Only place where oracles is 250 is on non Summoner's Rift maps.
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
October 24 2013 13:24 GMT
#6293
I'd be fine with losing oracles on death if they removed the timer. I could keep oracles for 15-20 minutes that way. Much cheaper than spending 400g every 4 minutes.
Hey! How you doin'?
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 24 2013 13:26 GMT
#6294
Based on what players have been saying, vision is so different that this debate about oracles will probably end up being irrelevant lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
October 24 2013 13:27 GMT
#6295
On October 24 2013 21:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2013 20:52 Slayer91 wrote:
aka buy only wards


Tabe #1

Like I'm awful, but as someone that is awful, I know even more awful supports who spend their money buying shit useless items like aegis and shurelias and then complain about their allies getting caught.

Supports are basically just things that shit wards and have cool spells imoimo, and I LIKE to play support that way. It's actually more fun that way because I feel like I make a great impact.




Finally someone who gets it! Like i don't mind if RIOT gave Supports some low-tier items to purchase, but the whole ward-controlling thing is what makes support unique and different from other roles...
hi
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 24 2013 13:27 GMT
#6296
I'm a scrub gg, need more sleep for my memory.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
October 24 2013 13:27 GMT
#6297
On October 24 2013 22:24 Zdrastochye wrote:
I'd be fine with losing oracles on death if they removed the timer. I could keep oracles for 15-20 minutes that way. Much cheaper than spending 400g every 4 minutes.


so basically go back to, you know, what it was before, before riot decided to make their brilliant changes ~_~
TranslatorBaa!
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
October 24 2013 13:28 GMT
#6298
Yeah, because it was also a skill thing involved with how much value could you get out of an oracles, and I could differentiate myself from those other scrub supports who always get caught.
Hey! How you doin'?
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 24 2013 13:30 GMT
#6299
I'm still hoping they make active items more worth it for supports, gives you one more cool spell to work with.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-24 13:37:14
October 24 2013 13:36 GMT
#6300
Morello: "I'd like (Spirit of the Elder) Lizard and Wraith to be better"

Did he miss the part where it was so good that they beat the item to a bloody pulp and left it for dead?
Yeah, laners were situationally buying it. But junglers were buying it quite a bit, and it was pretty important if you wanted to be a jungler that did damage rather than just built tank.
Prev 1 313 314 315 316 317 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1047
Larva 750
Horang2 654
BeSt 623
Hyuk 423
soO 395
ZerO 211
EffOrt 176
Zeus 161
Rush 74
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
Killer 58
Stork 52
Mind 37
Mong 28
Light 24
ToSsGirL 22
Bale 21
Terrorterran 20
PianO 18
Sacsri 15
Yoon 13
HiyA 12
Dota 2
XaKoH 654
XcaliburYe312
Counter-Strike
byalli872
Other Games
olofmeister1701
singsing1351
ceh9699
Livibee189
crisheroes188
Mew2King65
ArmadaUGS64
ZerO(Twitch)9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Jankos1923
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
22m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.