• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:18
CEST 05:18
KST 12:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9603 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 268 269 270 271 272 339 Next
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 25 2013 18:12 GMT
#5381
Marksmen are in a perfect spot atm.Sivir/corki are kinda terrible but everything else is fine.
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
July 25 2013 18:15 GMT
#5382
Honestly I think if they made Sivirs ult not stop her from walking I think she would be OP in solo queue.
Jaedong :3
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 25 2013 18:16 GMT
#5383
On July 26 2013 03:12 nafta wrote:
Marksmen are in a perfect spot atm.Sivir/corki are kinda terrible but everything else is fine.

In terms of inter-role balance; I agree, but I don't really like their overall game interaction when it gets to late game.

On July 26 2013 03:12 AsnSensation wrote:
you must not play a lot of vayne then

Still nothing quite like season 2 vayne.
liftlift > tsm
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
July 25 2013 18:18 GMT
#5384
vayne is much stronger with botrk than she was in season 2
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 18:20:54
July 25 2013 18:20 GMT
#5385
On July 26 2013 03:18 Clinic wrote:
vayne is much stronger with botrk than she was in season 2

No; she really isn't. She's stronger relative to other ADC's, in Season 3, because of BotRK, and E buff. But in terms of raw ability to kill shit at 6 items; she's only half as strong.
liftlift > tsm
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
July 25 2013 18:22 GMT
#5386
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 25 2013 18:23 GMT
#5387
BotRK on Vayne essentially just shifts her power curve, making her not dead weight at the 1-2 item timing, but the item fundamentally is weaker at 6 items than other item choices.
Moderator
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 25 2013 18:24 GMT
#5388
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

If you read my original post; I was complaining about how 6-item interaction of ADC's are so underwhelming in Season 3....
liftlift > tsm
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 25 2013 18:24 GMT
#5389
Depends on situation.Sometimes the active is a lot stronger than the damage you'd get from a bt.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 25 2013 18:24 GMT
#5390
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

I think that's what the issue is--that the pace of the game has shifted to discourage games that draw out that long.

It's a matter of personal preference, but some people like those farmy games that lead into epic late game confrontations, while others dislike the comparative lack of midgame action.
Moderator
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 25 2013 18:26 GMT
#5391
I have such a big test today, and I'm so nervous ;_;
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 18:29:35
July 25 2013 18:27 GMT
#5392
On July 26 2013 03:24 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

I think that's what the issue is--that the pace of the game has shifted to discourage games that draw out that long.

It's a matter of personal preference, but some people like those farmy games that lead into epic late game confrontations, while others dislike the comparative lack of midgame action.

I just want to see doublelift and weixiao 1v5 enemy teams; IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK?
Also; I really want them to shift back passive in game gp10, and reallocate it back to farm/creeps.
On July 26 2013 03:26 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I have such a big test today, and I'm so nervous ;_;

Good luck! Just treat it as solo queue; if you fail, blame the jungler.
liftlift > tsm
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
July 25 2013 18:29 GMT
#5393
On July 26 2013 03:27 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 03:26 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I have such a big test today, and I'm so nervous ;_;

Good luck! Just treat it as solo queue; if you fail, blame the jungler.


Worked for my whole academic career.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
July 25 2013 18:30 GMT
#5394
On July 26 2013 03:24 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

I think that's what the issue is--that the pace of the game has shifted to discourage games that draw out that long.

It's a matter of personal preference, but some people like those farmy games that lead into epic late game confrontations, while others dislike the comparative lack of midgame action.


I like a lot of action, but I think it's best when all types of games can possibly happen.

One of the reasons I stopped watching SC2 was because I actually like cheese and I felt like for a while maps were just hugegantic and we stopped seeing crazy risky action packed early game play.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
July 25 2013 18:30 GMT
#5395
On July 26 2013 03:24 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

I think that's what the issue is--that the pace of the game has shifted to discourage games that draw out that long.

It's a matter of personal preference, but some people like those farmy games that lead into epic late game confrontations, while others dislike the comparative lack of midgame action.

I wouldn't say long games are discouraged. The longer a game goes, the less all events that happened earlier matter. Only an idiot would let a game continue at length when you're winning. Similar to starcraft, you use your advantage, to get a larger advantage, so you can close the game.

I'm always impressed by how intelligent Tastetosis casting is even years later.

If teams are waiting until 40+ minutes in a game, it is strictly due to a lack of skill and knowledge. I remember just learning chess and all games devolving into pawns + king + one other because we weren't good enough to end the game sooner.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 25 2013 18:34 GMT
#5396
On July 26 2013 03:30 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 03:24 TheYango wrote:
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

I think that's what the issue is--that the pace of the game has shifted to discourage games that draw out that long.

It's a matter of personal preference, but some people like those farmy games that lead into epic late game confrontations, while others dislike the comparative lack of midgame action.

I wouldn't say long games are discouraged. The longer a game goes, the less all events that happened earlier matter. Only an idiot would let a game continue at length when you're winning. Similar to starcraft, you use your advantage, to get a larger advantage, so you can close the game.

I'm always impressed by how intelligent Tastetosis casting is even years later.

If teams are waiting until 40+ minutes in a game, it is strictly due to a lack of skill and knowledge. I remember just learning chess and all games devolving into pawns + king + one other because we weren't good enough to end the game sooner.

Yeah, a lot of teams are bad at closing out games when they have the advantage. That's one of the things C9 is pretty good at.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
July 25 2013 18:35 GMT
#5397
On July 26 2013 03:30 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 03:24 TheYango wrote:
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

I think that's what the issue is--that the pace of the game has shifted to discourage games that draw out that long.

It's a matter of personal preference, but some people like those farmy games that lead into epic late game confrontations, while others dislike the comparative lack of midgame action.


I like a lot of action, but I think it's best when all types of games can possibly happen.

One of the reasons I stopped watching SC2 was because I actually like cheese and I felt like for a while maps were just hugegantic and we stopped seeing crazy risky action packed early game play.


I really like the balance of games in brood war between cheese and standard and greed. That was one of the things that made Jaedong vs Flash so exciting during their multi final wars. You never knew what would happen, 4 pool, 3 hatch before pool, 12 hatch, bbs, 14cc, etc etc. Balance and the transition between different hectic openings into different mid/late games were awesome.

SC2 went from all all-ins to all macro to whatever blizzard felt like doing. I remember sometime in WoL you would just see 1/2 base protoss attacks over and over again.
Jaedong :3
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 18:40:08
July 25 2013 18:36 GMT
#5398
On July 26 2013 03:30 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
I wouldn't say long games are discouraged. The longer a game goes, the less all events that happened earlier matter. Only an idiot would let a game continue at length when you're winning. Similar to starcraft, you use your advantage, to get a larger advantage, so you can close the game.

Well no, that depends on the power of defender's advantage in a given game. It's very possible to have scenarios where you are winning but can't actually make additional pressure due to the fact that defender's advantage in a given situation outweighs the size of your advantage.

The extreme case was what happened in DotA a few years back, when buybacks had no CD and were cheaper and TPs had fixed channel time rather than increasing per person TPing to the same location, resulting in hour-and-a-half farmfest games because even if one team got an advantage, it was rarely enough to actually make anything happen because the defender's advantage in most attacking situations just outweighed their comparative gold/level advantage.

Note that the nature of this genre tends to actually grant an enormous defender's advantage in most scenarios critical to game outcome. For example, the terrain disadvantage of trying to enter a base vs. defending one, or the absolutely crushing debuffs that Baron dishes out.
Moderator
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 18:40:15
July 25 2013 18:40 GMT
#5399
On July 26 2013 03:35 ReketSomething wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 03:30 Ketara wrote:
On July 26 2013 03:24 TheYango wrote:
On July 26 2013 03:22 Clinic wrote:
why are you so fixated on 6 item carries when games are usually decided with 2-3

I think that's what the issue is--that the pace of the game has shifted to discourage games that draw out that long.

It's a matter of personal preference, but some people like those farmy games that lead into epic late game confrontations, while others dislike the comparative lack of midgame action.


I like a lot of action, but I think it's best when all types of games can possibly happen.

One of the reasons I stopped watching SC2 was because I actually like cheese and I felt like for a while maps were just hugegantic and we stopped seeing crazy risky action packed early game play.



SC2 went from all all-ins to all macro to whatever blizzard felt like doing. I remember sometime in WoL you would just see one base Terran attacks over and over again.


Thought I'd jog your memory.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
July 25 2013 18:41 GMT
#5400
I am totally up for getting my butt kicked a few times, especially my weak laning phase bot lane when I'm playing ANYTHING apart from Twitch+Sona with Nat.
Prev 1 268 269 270 271 272 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings121
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 205
StarCraft: Brood War
Terrorterran 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1076
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Counter-Strike
taco 341
minikerr45
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King229
hungrybox120
Other Games
summit1g9262
Maynarde252
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick447
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 170
• Letter144
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo928
• Rush623
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 42m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.