• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:05
CEST 22:05
KST 05:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8364 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 339 Next
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2013 01:44 GMT
#3921
The client is crashing every time I try to join my game... Dafuk.
The legend of Darien lives on
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 01:48:33
July 23 2013 01:46 GMT
#3922
On July 23 2013 10:35 c.Deadly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:05 Slusher wrote:
well Orianna was rebuffed, as was DIana, shaco sucks, and Urgot has a lot of problems stemming from his range.

Kennen rebuffed, what am I missing I guess Kassadin? I never experenced the terrors of release Kassadin so I can't really say much.


Whether or not they were rebuffed doesn't really have any relevance to my post. I'm interested in player's perceptions of range nerfs, not whether or not riot missed the mark with a round of nerfs


On July 23 2013 09:37 c.Deadly wrote:
Does anyone remember all of the champions that have had range nerfs in the past? All I can think of is Kassadin, Kennen, Orianna, Nocturne (and TF, Panth), Urgot, Elise, Amumu, Shaco, and Diana. Historically range nerfs have been pretty brutal, but when I look over that list of champions most of them have been competitive at some point after the nerfs, despite their win rates tanking. Do you guys think Ryze will follow this pattern of an initial sharp drop in usage and win-rate, followed by a slow re-evaluation and a return to competitive play? Or will the movespeed buffs be enough to make up for range nerfs?


I guess I don't understand what you mean by the bolded then. Range nerfs are some of the harshest nerfs you can do to a champion, I don't think the community is overplaying it, in Ryze's case it isn't the end of the world for 3-1-1 so he'll still see action but I don't think I would downplay range nerfs.
Carrilord has arrived.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 23 2013 01:50 GMT
#3923
On July 23 2013 10:42 UniversalSnip wrote:
max Q lux da hot new thing

Ew god is that what she's doing?

Yuck :c
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 23 2013 01:54 GMT
#3924
On July 23 2013 10:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
The client is crashing every time I try to join my game... Dafuk.

Sign that you should be supporting req's promo series instead of trying to play.
liftlift > tsm
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
July 23 2013 01:56 GMT
#3925
With those coming elise nerfs, I guess Cris is going to stay benched LOL.
c.Deadly
Profile Joined March 2010
United States545 Posts
July 23 2013 01:56 GMT
#3926
On July 23 2013 10:46 Slusher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:35 c.Deadly wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:05 Slusher wrote:
well Orianna was rebuffed, as was DIana, shaco sucks, and Urgot has a lot of problems stemming from his range.

Kennen rebuffed, what am I missing I guess Kassadin? I never experenced the terrors of release Kassadin so I can't really say much.


Whether or not they were rebuffed doesn't really have any relevance to my post. I'm interested in player's perceptions of range nerfs, not whether or not riot missed the mark with a round of nerfs


Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 09:37 c.Deadly wrote:
Does anyone remember all of the champions that have had range nerfs in the past? All I can think of is Kassadin, Kennen, Orianna, Nocturne (and TF, Panth), Urgot, Elise, Amumu, Shaco, and Diana. Historically range nerfs have been pretty brutal, but when I look over that list of champions most of them have been competitive at some point after the nerfs, despite their win rates tanking. Do you guys think Ryze will follow this pattern of an initial sharp drop in usage and win-rate, followed by a slow re-evaluation and a return to competitive play? Or will the movespeed buffs be enough to make up for range nerfs?


I guess I don't understand what you mean by the bolded then.


Kassadin, Kennen, Nocturne, TF, Diana, and Elise to a lesser extent are the champions I can think of that fell out of favor both in solo queue and competitive play after range nerfs, and then after a period of time regained popularity with no appreciable buffs, to the point that they were nerfed again. It seems like players have the perception that range nerfs are more severe than they actually are, though in a lot of cases range nerfs do completely kill a champion.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 23 2013 02:02 GMT
#3927
Kennen I know, also Kassadin only are popular now because basically every champ got nerfed around them + the Kennen ult champ + sustain buff for Kass (easy tear also).
Freeeeeeedom
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 02:04:16
July 23 2013 02:03 GMT
#3928
On July 23 2013 10:56 c.Deadly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:46 Slusher wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:35 c.Deadly wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:05 Slusher wrote:
well Orianna was rebuffed, as was DIana, shaco sucks, and Urgot has a lot of problems stemming from his range.

Kennen rebuffed, what am I missing I guess Kassadin? I never experenced the terrors of release Kassadin so I can't really say much.


Whether or not they were rebuffed doesn't really have any relevance to my post. I'm interested in player's perceptions of range nerfs, not whether or not riot missed the mark with a round of nerfs


On July 23 2013 09:37 c.Deadly wrote:
Does anyone remember all of the champions that have had range nerfs in the past? All I can think of is Kassadin, Kennen, Orianna, Nocturne (and TF, Panth), Urgot, Elise, Amumu, Shaco, and Diana. Historically range nerfs have been pretty brutal, but when I look over that list of champions most of them have been competitive at some point after the nerfs, despite their win rates tanking. Do you guys think Ryze will follow this pattern of an initial sharp drop in usage and win-rate, followed by a slow re-evaluation and a return to competitive play? Or will the movespeed buffs be enough to make up for range nerfs?


I guess I don't understand what you mean by the bolded then.


Kassadin, Kennen, Nocturne, TF, Diana, and Elise to a lesser extent are the champions I can think of that fell out of favor both in solo queue and competitive play after range nerfs, and then after a period of time regained popularity with no appreciable buffs, to the point that they were nerfed again. It seems like players have the perception that range nerfs are more severe than they actually are, though in a lot of cases range nerfs do completely kill a champion.


I think it is just that a small range nerf completely changes how you play the champion is all. Kennen was the absolute poke master before his nerf, if you tried to play him that way after it was terrible. People needed time to get over that and understand that hourglass/storm and stun passive was still good enough to make his weaker early game worth it. Maybe even too good, hence future nerfs to what he is now.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 02:08:23
July 23 2013 02:07 GMT
#3929
On July 23 2013 10:56 c.Deadly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:46 Slusher wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:35 c.Deadly wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:05 Slusher wrote:
well Orianna was rebuffed, as was DIana, shaco sucks, and Urgot has a lot of problems stemming from his range.

Kennen rebuffed, what am I missing I guess Kassadin? I never experenced the terrors of release Kassadin so I can't really say much.


Whether or not they were rebuffed doesn't really have any relevance to my post. I'm interested in player's perceptions of range nerfs, not whether or not riot missed the mark with a round of nerfs


On July 23 2013 09:37 c.Deadly wrote:
Does anyone remember all of the champions that have had range nerfs in the past? All I can think of is Kassadin, Kennen, Orianna, Nocturne (and TF, Panth), Urgot, Elise, Amumu, Shaco, and Diana. Historically range nerfs have been pretty brutal, but when I look over that list of champions most of them have been competitive at some point after the nerfs, despite their win rates tanking. Do you guys think Ryze will follow this pattern of an initial sharp drop in usage and win-rate, followed by a slow re-evaluation and a return to competitive play? Or will the movespeed buffs be enough to make up for range nerfs?


I guess I don't understand what you mean by the bolded then.


Kassadin, Kennen, Nocturne, TF, Diana, and Elise to a lesser extent are the champions I can think of that fell out of favor both in solo queue and competitive play after range nerfs, and then after a period of time regained popularity with no appreciable buffs, to the point that they were nerfed again. It seems like players have the perception that range nerfs are more severe than they actually are, though in a lot of cases range nerfs do completely kill a champion.


Kennen and Diana did receive applicable buffs, including a range buff in the case of Diana. Elise never really stopped being played so I don't know what to tell you on that one.

you are perhaps correct with Kass Noct and TF I can't comment as I didn't play vs. the release versions of any of those but Noct, and I just don't think Noct is a good champion atm anyway.

the people who keep talking about Kennen like he just randomly started to get played is beyond me, the buff to his ult was HUGE.
Carrilord has arrived.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
July 23 2013 02:14 GMT
#3930
Is it true that Kassadin has like an insane pick/ban rate in KR right now?
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
July 23 2013 02:21 GMT
#3931
On July 23 2013 11:14 IMoperator wrote:
Is it true that Kassadin has like an insane pick/ban rate in KR right now?

been like that for a while
Bronze player stuck in platinum
c.Deadly
Profile Joined March 2010
United States545 Posts
July 23 2013 02:29 GMT
#3932
On July 23 2013 11:07 Slusher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:56 c.Deadly wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:46 Slusher wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:35 c.Deadly wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:05 Slusher wrote:
well Orianna was rebuffed, as was DIana, shaco sucks, and Urgot has a lot of problems stemming from his range.

Kennen rebuffed, what am I missing I guess Kassadin? I never experenced the terrors of release Kassadin so I can't really say much.


Whether or not they were rebuffed doesn't really have any relevance to my post. I'm interested in player's perceptions of range nerfs, not whether or not riot missed the mark with a round of nerfs


On July 23 2013 09:37 c.Deadly wrote:
Does anyone remember all of the champions that have had range nerfs in the past? All I can think of is Kassadin, Kennen, Orianna, Nocturne (and TF, Panth), Urgot, Elise, Amumu, Shaco, and Diana. Historically range nerfs have been pretty brutal, but when I look over that list of champions most of them have been competitive at some point after the nerfs, despite their win rates tanking. Do you guys think Ryze will follow this pattern of an initial sharp drop in usage and win-rate, followed by a slow re-evaluation and a return to competitive play? Or will the movespeed buffs be enough to make up for range nerfs?


I guess I don't understand what you mean by the bolded then.


Kassadin, Kennen, Nocturne, TF, Diana, and Elise to a lesser extent are the champions I can think of that fell out of favor both in solo queue and competitive play after range nerfs, and then after a period of time regained popularity with no appreciable buffs, to the point that they were nerfed again. It seems like players have the perception that range nerfs are more severe than they actually are, though in a lot of cases range nerfs do completely kill a champion.


Kennen and Diana did receive applicable buffs, including a range buff in the case of Diana. Elise never really stopped being played so I don't know what to tell you on that one.

you are perhaps correct with Kass Noct and TF I can't comment as I didn't play vs. the release versions of any of those but Noct, and I just don't think Noct is a good champion atm anyway.

the people who keep talking about Kennen like he just randomly started to get played is beyond me, the buff to his ult was HUGE.


Kennen was becoming popular before the buff to his ult, there was a lot of discussion here on TL about how powerful he was in solo lanes. Some EU teams were running him as an ADC. And I don't really count the period of time before Diana's ult range was re-buffed (only one month) - after the re-buff it took her awhile to regain popularity, and she was played more frequently as a top laner. Also Elise did drop in popularity pretty significantly, she went from perma-banned status to almost always being open, her win rate dropped by 3-4 points, and she's now primarily played as a jungler (though she's still really strong as a solo laner). She's been picked back up as a frequent ban in OGN and LCS in the past 2-3 months
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
July 23 2013 02:29 GMT
#3933
Tryndamere is literally the ONLY CHARACTER I feel like that Spellbreaker item is at ALL justifiable on, and even then it seems like a weird niche item at best. If it was melee only but instead say, 10% CDR instead of 20% CRIT, it could make sense on a LOT more characters.

MaYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe some melees that I haven't thought of could also get it, but fundamentally 99% of the time when you need both MR and Tenacity, why aren't you just buying Merc Treads?
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
July 23 2013 02:29 GMT
#3934
On July 23 2013 10:50 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:42 UniversalSnip wrote:
max Q lux da hot new thing

Ew god is that what she's doing?

Yuck :c


What the fuck is what?

Who is doing this?

That is like

The stupidest

I can't even complete sentences right now what
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 23 2013 02:33 GMT
#3935
On July 23 2013 11:29 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:50 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:42 UniversalSnip wrote:
max Q lux da hot new thing

Ew god is that what she's doing?

Yuck :c


What the fuck is what?

Who is doing this?

That is like

The stupidest

I can't even complete sentences right now what

A game on Req's stream where he was talking about how bad Lux was.

:\
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
July 23 2013 02:41 GMT
#3936
On July 23 2013 10:54 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
The client is crashing every time I try to join my game... Dafuk.

Sign that you should be supporting req's promo series instead of trying to play.


once the loading screen is i usually alt tab for a bit. this time i alt tabbed, went to check client and it was gone, lol.

link to req's stream?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 23 2013 02:42 GMT
#3937
On July 23 2013 11:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 10:54 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
The client is crashing every time I try to join my game... Dafuk.

Sign that you should be supporting req's promo series instead of trying to play.


once the loading screen is i usually alt tab for a bit. this time i alt tabbed, went to check client and it was gone, lol.

link to req's stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/requizen
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
July 23 2013 02:44 GMT
#3938
On July 23 2013 10:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
The client is crashing every time I try to join my game... Dafuk.


Disabling IP Helper in control panel fixed the problem for me if its the client disconnect issue you're having. Don't ask me how that works though.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 23 2013 02:47 GMT
#3939
On July 23 2013 11:42 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 11:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:54 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 10:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
The client is crashing every time I try to join my game... Dafuk.

Sign that you should be supporting req's promo series instead of trying to play.


once the loading screen is i usually alt tab for a bit. this time i alt tabbed, went to check client and it was gone, lol.

link to req's stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/requizen

Twitch wont let me use chat.
I feel like I'm missing a key part of this experience.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 23 2013 02:58 GMT
#3940
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT WHO DO I PLAY TOP THIS GAME?
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 640
ProTech154
Nina 95
JuggernautJason58
RuFF_SC2 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27216
Calm 2544
Mini 167
firebathero 102
Dewaltoss 95
soO 55
NaDa 27
HiyA 27
Bale 22
PianO 17
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7053
XaKoH 376
monkeys_forever92
canceldota21
League of Legends
Doublelift1906
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1527
fl0m1360
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu827
Other Games
FrodaN1918
Beastyqt611
summit1g553
B2W.Neo387
mouzStarbuck381
Livibee188
shahzam176
ToD170
C9.Mang0148
Trikslyr116
UpATreeSC114
RotterdaM107
Mew2King47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1072
• Shiphtur666
• WagamamaTV223
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 10m
Replay Cast
2h 55m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.