• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:19
CEST 07:19
KST 14:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9079 users

[Patch 3.07: Nerf Everything Not Nami] General Discussion…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 141 142 143 144 145 351 Next
Looks like we're back to status quo. Hope more of you lurkers unburrow and talk with us. :3

If you have any issues or comments about the new design, feel free to PM Neo.
nanospartan
Profile Joined July 2011
649 Posts
May 26 2013 02:23 GMT
#2841
Came to TL to crush my friends in SC2, began watching destiny for fun, destiny started playing a little bit of LoL, back when he was silver/gold before he went to Korea, started playing with said friends. Never looked back :/
I was an athiest until I watched the Day[9] daily
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
May 26 2013 02:24 GMT
#2842
On May 26 2013 11:21 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 11:03 iCanada wrote:
On May 26 2013 10:58 Scip wrote:
YOu can't bvuy both Spirit of the Ancient Golem AND Spirit of the Elder Lizard if you go madreds+spirit stone.
Also, the timing for sneaking dragons (where how quickly you do it really really matters) is generally before you accumulate 1750+wards gold, after that it's mostly about fighting anyway which madreds+spirit stone. It is possible that you will be able to take a dragon with it when you couldn't without, but it's really really unlikely.


I never said get Both Lizard, Golem, and Razor.

<_<

Point is, people have this weird complex where buying two jungle items is bad, and I dont get it. Gaving loits of health/mana regen not neccesarily good, but at the same time it pretty much free stats relative to other items.

Well, what champions would you propose Lizard+Golem on?


Well, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, Darius, maybe Kha'Zix. AD Casters in lane who want beefyness, or AD junglers with big CD's that are fed and want some damage.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 02:29:06
May 26 2013 02:28 GMT
#2843
On May 26 2013 11:21 caelym wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 11:13 onlywonderboy wrote:
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.

Never played a single game of SC in my life.

wtf... what are you doing on TL
This article mostly. Was upvoted on Reddit and got my attention, shortly thereafter TL picked up covering Dota officially and I was sad about this but Ghalo posted something about coming to join the forums myself and I've been here ever since lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 26 2013 02:32 GMT
#2844
On May 26 2013 11:24 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 11:21 Scip wrote:
On May 26 2013 11:03 iCanada wrote:
On May 26 2013 10:58 Scip wrote:
YOu can't bvuy both Spirit of the Ancient Golem AND Spirit of the Elder Lizard if you go madreds+spirit stone.
Also, the timing for sneaking dragons (where how quickly you do it really really matters) is generally before you accumulate 1750+wards gold, after that it's mostly about fighting anyway which madreds+spirit stone. It is possible that you will be able to take a dragon with it when you couldn't without, but it's really really unlikely.


I never said get Both Lizard, Golem, and Razor.

<_<

Point is, people have this weird complex where buying two jungle items is bad, and I dont get it. Gaving loits of health/mana regen not neccesarily good, but at the same time it pretty much free stats relative to other items.

Well, what champions would you propose Lizard+Golem on?


Well, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, Darius, maybe Kha'Zix. AD Casters in lane who want beefyness, or AD junglers with big CD's that are fed and want some damage.

The problem with what you propose is that Locket can do what Ancient Golem does but in almost all ways better.
Locket is +35 Armor, + Shield Aura and +150 gold
Ancient Golem is +70ish HP, +Tenacity, +4HP5 and 7MP5.
In what situations would you say this comparison favours Ancient Golem? I myself would say never, but I'd like to hear your opinion.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
May 26 2013 02:41 GMT
#2845
On May 26 2013 11:13 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.

Never played a single game of SC in my life.

Oh no, they've infiltrated our staff too.
Moderator
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 02:44:44
May 26 2013 02:42 GMT
#2846
On May 26 2013 11:13 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.

Never played a single game of SC in my life.


How did you end up becoming a member of TL then? Lol.

Edit: LoL (alongside FG's) the new "BW" of my life aka. the "game I'll stay up late/wake up early to watch international play" and I'll play but fucking garbage at.
Forever Young
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
May 26 2013 02:46 GMT
#2847
I guess this is a appropriate time to speak nostagically about how I came to TL originally, then started posting.

I started playing BW I guess more than a decade ago now -- wow... -- originally posting on the original incarnation of GosuGamers. I "discovered" (I knew about it before this but didn't realize the need/advantage of checking out other fora) TL when I realized that I could watch casts of Proleague in languages other than Korean, which was awesome. I started posting/paying more attention to the forums on TL when all of my real life/internet gamer friends moved over from BW and WC3, games that I had played for 6-7 years basically exclusively, to SC2, and wanted a community that still cared about some Broodwar.

Out of all the communities that I've tried out in all of the games that I've played for more than a hot minute, GG, WCReplays, Replayers, TL SC2, to name a few, TL BW/TL LOL (with considerable overlap, of course) have been by far the most friendly to interact with, and I hope that we can continue to grow in a healthy way!
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 02:54:48
May 26 2013 02:50 GMT
#2848
On May 26 2013 11:32 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 11:24 iCanada wrote:
On May 26 2013 11:21 Scip wrote:
On May 26 2013 11:03 iCanada wrote:
On May 26 2013 10:58 Scip wrote:
YOu can't bvuy both Spirit of the Ancient Golem AND Spirit of the Elder Lizard if you go madreds+spirit stone.
Also, the timing for sneaking dragons (where how quickly you do it really really matters) is generally before you accumulate 1750+wards gold, after that it's mostly about fighting anyway which madreds+spirit stone. It is possible that you will be able to take a dragon with it when you couldn't without, but it's really really unlikely.


I never said get Both Lizard, Golem, and Razor.

<_<

Point is, people have this weird complex where buying two jungle items is bad, and I dont get it. Gaving loits of health/mana regen not neccesarily good, but at the same time it pretty much free stats relative to other items.

Well, what champions would you propose Lizard+Golem on?


Well, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, Darius, maybe Kha'Zix. AD Casters in lane who want beefyness, or AD junglers with big CD's that are fed and want some damage.

The problem with what you propose is that Locket can do what Ancient Golem does but in almost all ways better.
Locket is +35 Armor, + Shield Aura and +150 gold
Ancient Golem is +70ish HP, +Tenacity, +4HP5 and 7MP5.
In what situations would you say this comparison favours Ancient Golem? I myself would say never, but I'd like to hear your opinion.


When you want Ninja tabis, when your team already has 2 Lockets. Tabis+Armor is better than just armor, that passive stacks multiplicatively.

I dunno, I'm not saying build both items every game, I'm just saying they are efficient items.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 26 2013 02:52 GMT
#2849
Guys I'm in the middle of the HotS campaign as we speak.
Probably haven't played a game of WoL since early 2012 if not before.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
May 26 2013 03:08 GMT
#2850
On May 26 2013 11:41 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 11:13 onlywonderboy wrote:
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.

Never played a single game of SC in my life.

Oh no, they've infiltrated our staff too.

I'M SORRY I'M NOT WORTHY.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
May 26 2013 03:10 GMT
#2851
On May 26 2013 11:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
Guys I'm in the middle of the HotS campaign as we speak.
Probably haven't played a game of WoL since early 2012 if not before.

Yeah I still do the SC2 campaigns when the games come out but I don't play it anymore at all.

There's a lot of fun missions in HotS. Blizzard really did a good job with the campaign.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
May 26 2013 03:11 GMT
#2852
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Guilty...ish.

Played a few games of BW/WoL, didn't sync with me as much as WC3 did (feel was way too diff, and I anyways I was in WC3 for the LotR mapsssss).
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
May 26 2013 03:15 GMT
#2853
Played starcraft original/BW since I was 10. Watched BW proleauge for a few years before I actually joined TL. Played only SC2 WoL beta and the campaign. Didn't bother with HotS, just watched the campaign online for the story and that was it lol. Never bothered with SC2 proleague scene cause fuck that.
Now only really play/watch league.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
May 26 2013 03:17 GMT
#2854
I have over 6k achievement points in SC2....

Also have like 7k achievement points in WoW, I quit like 2 weeks after the over 9000 FoS came out =/.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 03:30:56
May 26 2013 03:29 GMT
#2855
#ShotsFired

damn it, wrong thread
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 26 2013 03:40 GMT
#2856
On May 26 2013 11:50 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 11:32 Scip wrote:
On May 26 2013 11:24 iCanada wrote:
On May 26 2013 11:21 Scip wrote:
On May 26 2013 11:03 iCanada wrote:
On May 26 2013 10:58 Scip wrote:
YOu can't bvuy both Spirit of the Ancient Golem AND Spirit of the Elder Lizard if you go madreds+spirit stone.
Also, the timing for sneaking dragons (where how quickly you do it really really matters) is generally before you accumulate 1750+wards gold, after that it's mostly about fighting anyway which madreds+spirit stone. It is possible that you will be able to take a dragon with it when you couldn't without, but it's really really unlikely.


I never said get Both Lizard, Golem, and Razor.

<_<

Point is, people have this weird complex where buying two jungle items is bad, and I dont get it. Gaving loits of health/mana regen not neccesarily good, but at the same time it pretty much free stats relative to other items.

Well, what champions would you propose Lizard+Golem on?


Well, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, Darius, maybe Kha'Zix. AD Casters in lane who want beefyness, or AD junglers with big CD's that are fed and want some damage.

The problem with what you propose is that Locket can do what Ancient Golem does but in almost all ways better.
Locket is +35 Armor, + Shield Aura and +150 gold
Ancient Golem is +70ish HP, +Tenacity, +4HP5 and 7MP5.
In what situations would you say this comparison favours Ancient Golem? I myself would say never, but I'd like to hear your opinion.


When you want Ninja tabis, when your team already has 2 Lockets. Tabis+Armor is better than just armor, that passive stacks multiplicatively.

I dunno, I'm not saying build both items every game, I'm just saying they are efficient items.

Ok, so first things first: this build makes sense only if you get Spirit of the Elder Lizard first, because it is only early game that you can afford to be squishy. So I am going to desregard all scenarios where you would get Ancient Golem first.

The other thing is a terrible, TERRIBLE build path of Ancient Golem. For simplicity I am going to assume you went back to base with Lizard Elder, Ninja Tabi, Kindlegem and 1275 gold in bank (saying this to note just how extremely rare that is).

So let's say you already have a Locket on your team. We then have to make 2 comparisons for this scenario:
Fighting 1v1
Locket is +35 Armor and +150 gold
Ancient Golem is +40ish HP*, +Tenacity, +4HP5 and 7MP5.
I can't really think of a 1v1 where Tenacity would be useful enough to make this comparison favour Golem. Might be fighting against Nasus, but even then enemy team has 4 other people that you would fight better with Locket on.

Fighting 2v2 with the other Locket user (or a bigger fight with the other Locket user):
Locket is 35 Armor, +150 gold and +80hp to all your teammates in the fight
Ancient Golem is +120ish HP, + Tenacity, +4HP5 and 7MP5
As far as EHP comparison goes, this comparison favours Locket even more than the one above, unless you are the first person to be focused in a 2v2 fight with your other Locket guy. It is true that the utility of Tenacity grows with the amount of players in a teamfight, but it would need to increase a DAMN lot to be worth more than +80hp on each teammate. Not to mention that 35 Armor is massive amount of EHP against AD-only teams**.

I can't actually imagine an AD-only team against which I would value tenacity sooooo much. Mana regen si quite irrelevant, none of the champions you mentioned have mana problems after getting Lizard (Except for Kha'zix, but this build doesn't make sense on him anyway because of Muramana)

*In first comparison I overestimated how early you can get Lizard Elder, Ninja Tabi and Ancient Golem. Level 11 is the earliest I can imagine you getting 5K+wards+pots gold.
**Otherwise Merc Treads become a way more attractive source of Tenacity, alternatively Aegis becomes a better buy should you choose to get Ninja Tabi (If your support is getting Locket, he ain't getting Aegis).
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
May 26 2013 03:45 GMT
#2857
hey guys just wanted to let you know that tiamat rengar is amazing
you can thank me after your next promo series success
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Zizoz
Profile Joined June 2012
United States232 Posts
May 26 2013 04:12 GMT
#2858
I first found TL from Tetris Friends. :p Then later I saw a post about Bravery that credited TL and thought, "Hey, that's that Starcraft site with the Tetris guide. I wonder if they have any LoL discussion?" And then I came here and started lurking, and then made an account, although mostly I still just lurk.
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 04:19:02
May 26 2013 04:18 GMT
#2859
check my join date

i've been lurking for a while tho
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
May 26 2013 04:24 GMT
#2860
Does anyone know if you can watch bids on the twitch Android AP?
Freeeeeeedom
Prev 1 141 142 143 144 145 351 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft731
PiGStarcraft258
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 345
Stork 207
Leta 121
ggaemo 110
PianO 61
Hyuk 29
Bale 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 697
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox560
Westballz55
Mew2King13
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor649
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0251
Sick126
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1301
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 41m
Online Event
5h 41m
FEL
10h 41m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.