• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8746 users

[Patch 3.07: Nerf Everything Not Nami] General Discussion…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 351 Next
Looks like we're back to status quo. Hope more of you lurkers unburrow and talk with us. :3

If you have any issues or comments about the new design, feel free to PM Neo.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
May 26 2013 00:02 GMT
#2801
Recently when I'm not happy with my flask (I usually only buy it top or on something like Lulu, and with Lulu I make a point of emptying the opposing duo HP bars before I empty the flask) I just use my ward to see ganks coming, and as soon as I know I'm safe I just shove the lane till level 3-4, and then back, dblade, ward, pot if needed, and run back to lane (I could prob just push a bit further to reset the lane then use my first TP for this too, I guess). Helps me in some lane, and especially if the jungler doesn't come and camp immediatly (because then I'm zoned and I look dumb), as having the wave on my side and trying to pressure the other laner while he's trying to get the last hits is pretty handy in tricky early match-ups (I don't think Darius would allow my Jax or Irelia to do this though >>).

Alternative reading of this post: Silver I/Gold V top laners and junglers are scrubs who can't read a situation and let baddies develop crutches. Hue.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
May 26 2013 00:30 GMT
#2802
I really like sustain, so for me, flask is really nice.
Especially if you can't depend on jungler giving blue buff despite being mana-hungry and your item build not allowing for too many mana items...
Flask is slightly less than 10 pots in cost, and with the cap on # potions, the disparity isn't that big in utility (as in, you could buy 9 pots at start and never buy more) and effectiveness (slightly less healed, still same hps). + Mana ofcourse.
Flask + early homeguard TF crutch yeah!
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 00:53:27
May 26 2013 00:53 GMT
#2803
On May 26 2013 06:32 Keniji wrote:
Why is Orianna such a fucking pain in the ass?

She's so much fun to play, but so hard to play that I can't even carry against bronze players. lol. Always E a diving champ, he goes deep ( but out of range), always ult on myself. huehue.


Although I don't play Orianna, couldn't you control this mess up by just moving forward when you put the E on your ally champ? As in run parallel with the ally champ for a few steps then shield him? That way you will never be out of range of it? I imagine this movement will not put you in harm's way, and correct that simple misplay.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
May 26 2013 00:53 GMT
#2804
I just played ori for the first time in a long time. Shit's fun.
It's your boy Guzma!
yBobo
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada27 Posts
May 26 2013 00:55 GMT
#2805
Is anyone else getting this weird bug on the website where the league part of the forum disappears off the sidebar?
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
May 26 2013 01:07 GMT
#2806
Click the other tab at the top beside DotA 2.

Apparently stupid people bitch aboit having LoL on very bottom of the side bar, so they hide it by default or some bullshit.

Whatever, means I can ignore all the SC2 stuff.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 01:09:25
May 26 2013 01:08 GMT
#2807
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
May 26 2013 01:11 GMT
#2808
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.

I came for BW and skipped over the SC2 stuff.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
May 26 2013 01:15 GMT
#2809
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.


I played Brood War, I loved BroodWar.

I dunno, I dont find SC2 fun. I think stuff just dies too fast. I not sure exactly what it is about SC2, but I just dont find it exciting. Maybes its just because it was a new game and strategy just kind of overshadowed army control or something. Maybe it just that units too smart for that "oooooh outplayed!" feeling you'd get in broodwar where things lined up perfectly and you barely won an even fight.

Realistically SC2 a lot harder mechanically than LoL, but like... I feel like LoL has greater room for you to outplay someone. I dunno, maybe I just crazy.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
May 26 2013 01:16 GMT
#2810
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.


I hide the sc2 and dota2 sections.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
ninjakingcola
Profile Joined March 2011
United States405 Posts
May 26 2013 01:16 GMT
#2811
I came to TL when SC2 started, and moved to LoL when I became an addict QQ
Where my demons hide? Why, if I showed you it wouldn't be a secret my dear.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
May 26 2013 01:18 GMT
#2812
For the record, I came to TL around 2002, made an account in 2003. Loved BW.
SC2 came out, I never played on B.net ever. Went through the campaign and that was it. Rest was all League.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
May 26 2013 01:19 GMT
#2813
On a different note, anyone else buy both Spirit Stone and Razer on Junglers?

I feel like I get flamed every single time I do it on junglers. I dunno, you just farm so much faster, can put out more map pressure, and you just get more gold.
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
May 26 2013 01:20 GMT
#2814
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.


League of Legends is like an easy bimbo you pick up at the gym after grieving for years after your wife passed away. I stilI really miss the professional Brood War scene. Why did you have to bring this subject up? I'm getting depressed already.
TL+ Member
HREParabola
Profile Joined July 2009
United States46 Posts
May 26 2013 01:23 GMT
#2815
I've lurked this forum for 8ish years, came for brood war, stayed for the community(although never posted). Finally made an account to get a beta key for LoL. Recently decided to join the community to help me better my game.
some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
May 26 2013 01:25 GMT
#2816
On May 26 2013 10:20 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.


League of Legends is like an easy bimbo you pick up at the gym after grieving for years after your wife passed away. I stilI really miss the professional Brood War scene. Why did you have to bring this subject up? I'm getting depressed already.

bimbo with a heart of gold






hue

On May 26 2013 10:23 HREParabola wrote:
I've lurked this forum for 8ish years, came for brood war, stayed for the community(although never posted). Finally made an account to get a beta key for LoL. Recently decided to join the community to help me better my game.

Welcome :3
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
May 26 2013 01:28 GMT
#2817
On May 26 2013 10:19 iCanada wrote:
On a different note, anyone else buy both Spirit Stone and Razer on Junglers?

I feel like I get flamed every single time I do it on junglers. I dunno, you just farm so much faster, can put out more map pressure, and you just get more gold.



why would you want to get both? That just doesnt make sense to me. Once you get a madreds or a spirit stone, your main down time in the jungle comes from walking from place to place,not killing ncs. Instead of spending 700 gold or so on another jungle farming item, get boots, and move faster. Plus without boots, ganks will be so much harder cause at the point pretty much everyone will have boots.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 01:34:20
May 26 2013 01:31 GMT
#2818
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.


Back when I used to be able to watch ogn directly(dish network or something had(has?) ogn), I used to watch sc:bw matches. I used to watch it before I really knew of Teamliquid. Didn't understand much, but was really entertained by the games. I recall visiting teamliquid during this time due to hearing of it from other gamers, but never really got into it. So, mostly I lurked around. I didn't understand TL's graphical scheme in the old days, and I think it really threw me off. I didn't understand the quality that was there for me, and I think I probably missed out on the forums. This transitioned into SC2, and I enjoyed observing and reading, but only really as a lurker on TL. Occasionally I might have posted in LR threads, but no idea. Gradually, to me, it seems like TL was not able to handle the surge of new people when sc2 kind of blew up. I didn't enjoy what SC2 section turned into. It was a very fast transformation though, so it was probably unexpected. I then found the LoL thread, and enjoyed the place a lot more. Of course it helped that I actually knew about the game a bit. Mostly, I consider the overall quality a lot higher on these forums than anything else I've found so far for LoL. The DotA2 forums are looking okay on TL, but it's really iffy. I find they might be heading in a similar direction to SC2 due to how many people are coming over from the TL SC2 side of things.

In related topics, this is why it's really frustrating to see how TL does not really give recognition to this place.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
May 26 2013 01:35 GMT
#2819
I started at TL with BW (2007/8 savior days), left during WoL right before Kespa switched to SC2, then came back just for League.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 01:36:44
May 26 2013 01:35 GMT
#2820
Yeah, spirit stone+madreds just isn't good for anything. You could argue it's good for 15 minute 3 man baron, sigh. But apart from that, no.
As said above, the main problem after spirit stone is walking between the camps (for most junglers anyway). Also, Spirit Stone upgrades and/or Locket are too cost efficient to delay for any reason other than wards.

update: Vi is still awesome for the same reasons she was awesome before. Just got to 78 points with her, wh00
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 351 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1387
ComeBackTV 559
SteadfastSC504
TaKeTV 433
LamboSC2320
Rex147
IndyStarCraft 145
EnkiAlexander 45
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 504
LamboSC2 320
ProTech151
Rex 147
IndyStarCraft 145
BRAT_OK 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34536
Shuttle 2574
EffOrt 895
Horang2 841
Light 761
Soma 654
Mini 596
BeSt 342
Stork 312
firebathero 301
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 242
Rush 225
Snow 218
ggaemo 203
ZerO 193
Zeus 138
Leta 103
Pusan 82
Killer 77
hero 75
sorry 74
Sea.KH 55
Sharp 41
Shine 38
Shinee 36
Mind 36
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 27
Sexy 25
soO 24
Aegong 24
Bale 23
Trap 22
Terrorterran 22
Free 18
NotJumperer 14
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 9
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8554
Dendi948
qojqva908
Fuzer 170
420jenkins149
Counter-Strike
markeloff502
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1983
crisheroes1222
XaKoH 164
Other Games
singsing1985
B2W.Neo1007
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX176
ArmadaUGS146
Mew2King108
QueenE98
Chillindude18
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream101
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile16
• Gemini_19 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2243
League of Legends
• Nemesis2577
• Jankos2141
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• WagamamaTV163
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 33m
Stellar Fest
22h 33m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.