• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:35
CEST 15:35
KST 22:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)44Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8803 users

[Patch 3.07: Nerf Everything Not Nami] General Discussion…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 351 Next
Looks like we're back to status quo. Hope more of you lurkers unburrow and talk with us. :3

If you have any issues or comments about the new design, feel free to PM Neo.
dae
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada1600 Posts
May 26 2013 01:40 GMT
#2821
I first came to teamliquid right when the sc2 beta came out, was pretty into sc2 for a while which also drew me into broodwar (watching not playing) which I enjoy watching pro games of more then sc2, then got tired of sc2 and moved on to other games, like LoL.
yBobo
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada27 Posts
May 26 2013 01:40 GMT
#2822
Thanks for the help, I'm retarded for not seeing that announcement message lol. It is kinda lame that they made an "other" tab that only shows/hides the league subforum, while they have an actual game name for the other tabs (they should have made the tab hide the entire Sports & Games section if they wanted to be more subtle about it).

Been following the site since early 2007 and it kind of irks me to see this kind of stuff happening. I mainly look at the Dota 2 and League parts of the site now, and I honestly do not see why any of this has to be as complicated as the site owners make it out to be. I don't play bw or sc2 anymore, but I do tune into some of the gsl matches from time to time thanks to the site advertising the live games.
vvSiegvv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States364 Posts
May 26 2013 01:41 GMT
#2823
Got here towards the end of the BW era, stayed for the community and this league forum. Just recently decided to stop being so much of a lurker and to start contributing. It's funny, I remember the days when we all stayed up to watch Boes and Roffles stream Korean BW with their epic Microsoft paint skills.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
May 26 2013 01:45 GMT
#2824
I played too much BW the two years before SC2 came out. It was affecting my studies. I told myself that I'd just quit after SC2 came out. I lied. I didn't touch SC2 for a year after it came out and I thought TL really took a few steps backwards as hype grew for SC2. I played BW once a month when I felt like I just needed to play a few games and would play a lot for that one day.

Then my friends introduced me to LoL. Well if all my friends are playing I kinda have to play. I'm pretty competitive too so I wanted to get better and since I was already familiar with LoL I just eventually came here.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
May 26 2013 01:46 GMT
#2825
I'm really happy to see a lot of sub 1K posters come out of the woodwork. Interact more with the community, 'tis good.

As for the new design setup, I'm still talking to Nazgul about it. I'll make another announcement about it later once things are finalized but for the most part, it seems the change was an oversight and it should be reversed.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 01:53:09
May 26 2013 01:48 GMT
#2826
You have so much more dragon control with both, and you do farm way faster, you get to spend a lot more time ganking without falling behind at all. That, and on potentially mana hungry junglers like Darius, Jarvan, and Xin, lets you just clear with auto attacks and be stupid fast.

With both of them you can just do more things. You trade stronger ~15 minute mark for a stronger ~7 minute mark, and a stronger 20+ minute mark.

That, and people flip out if you buy both Spirt of Ancient Golem and Spirit of Elder lizard.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
May 26 2013 01:48 GMT
#2827
On May 26 2013 10:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
For the record, I came to TL around 2002, made an account in 2003. Loved BW.
SC2 came out, I never played on B.net ever. Went through the campaign and that was it. Rest was all League.



Same here. 2004 account though instead of 2003. I've been into the BW scene since 1.04 and played semi professionally in 1.07 and early 1.08 where the majority of the "community" was on battlereports.net, broodwar.net and sclegacy. I only joined the league community recently though as my first stop was in HoN (ironically because I snubbed league as an "easier game"). Only started reading league threads recently and man the quality of threads is a blowout compared to other sites.
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
May 26 2013 01:57 GMT
#2828
Hum, I just saw an alistar top in my last game. I was like, seriously? He went ghost/ignite, rushed a sheen and from there it was the most annoying lane i've ever had (I don't top often). Like, all he would do was to w+auto me away until i was low, pop ghost and ignite then finish me. Couldn't really do anything, with ap he had good sustain and i didn't manage to make him go oom without losing all my hp (but that's prob me being bad). Then he got lichbane and the lane was over. Sigh.

Is this something that is seen, like ever in soloq?
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 26 2013 01:58 GMT
#2829
YOu can't bvuy both Spirit of the Ancient Golem AND Spirit of the Elder Lizard if you go madreds+spirit stone.
Also, the timing for sneaking dragons (where how quickly you do it really really matters) is generally before you accumulate 1750+wards gold, after that it's mostly about fighting anyway which madreds+spirit stone. It is possible that you will be able to take a dragon with it when you couldn't without, but it's really really unlikely.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
May 26 2013 01:59 GMT
#2830
bw4lyfe
my #1 suggestion for ppl who want to gain map awareness
Hey! Listen!
swim224
Profile Joined May 2010
Botswana368 Posts
May 26 2013 02:00 GMT
#2831
I think I started "watching" BW back in 06. Except, I never actually watched any until around 07. I just read through every page of the LR threads. Just the passion and excitement was enough to interest me. After a couple years of lurking, I made this account, which I still hardly ever post with. After the switch, I watched and played SC2 for a bit, but I got bored fast. It just wasn't the same =p. I eventually found league, and haven't gone back.
....unless Taeja suddenly parachutes into the studio with explosions behind him and lands on a skateboard which he jumps over the booth before jumping in. If that happened it would be so sweet it would be physically impossible for them to lose. - Haydin
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
May 26 2013 02:03 GMT
#2832
On May 26 2013 10:58 Scip wrote:
YOu can't bvuy both Spirit of the Ancient Golem AND Spirit of the Elder Lizard if you go madreds+spirit stone.
Also, the timing for sneaking dragons (where how quickly you do it really really matters) is generally before you accumulate 1750+wards gold, after that it's mostly about fighting anyway which madreds+spirit stone. It is possible that you will be able to take a dragon with it when you couldn't without, but it's really really unlikely.


I never said get Both Lizard, Golem, and Razor.

<_<

Point is, people have this weird complex where buying two jungle items is bad, and I dont get it. Gaving loits of health/mana regen not neccesarily good, but at the same time it pretty much free stats relative to other items.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
May 26 2013 02:07 GMT
#2833
On May 26 2013 10:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
For the record, I came to TL around 2002, made an account in 2003. Loved BW.
SC2 came out, I never played on B.net ever. Went through the campaign and that was it. Rest was all League.

I've always tried to get into playing sc2 but my anxiety issues with ladder fear always got the best of me. Yolo quing in lol never has that problem with me.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 02:09:34
May 26 2013 02:09 GMT
#2834
I like SC2 you guys. I'm just bad at it.

I'm worse at SC2 than I am at League and that should scare you.
It's your boy Guzma!
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
May 26 2013 02:10 GMT
#2835
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Guilty.
twitch.tv/cratonz
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
May 26 2013 02:12 GMT
#2836
It's ok, Craton. I still like you.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
May 26 2013 02:13 GMT
#2837
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.

Never played a single game of SC in my life.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
May 26 2013 02:16 GMT
#2838
On May 26 2013 10:25 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 10:20 Letmelose wrote:
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.


League of Legends is like an easy bimbo you pick up at the gym after grieving for years after your wife passed away. I stilI really miss the professional Brood War scene. Why did you have to bring this subject up? I'm getting depressed already.

bimbo with a heart of gold






hue

butbutbutbututbtutbutbut no gp/10 discussion
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
May 26 2013 02:21 GMT
#2839
On May 26 2013 11:13 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 10:08 NeoIllusions wrote:
I wonder how many of you come to TL only for League and skipped the entire SC phase in your life.

Edit: yBobo, read the announcement at the top of the thread.

Never played a single game of SC in my life.

wtf... what are you doing on TL
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 26 2013 02:21 GMT
#2840
On May 26 2013 11:03 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 10:58 Scip wrote:
YOu can't bvuy both Spirit of the Ancient Golem AND Spirit of the Elder Lizard if you go madreds+spirit stone.
Also, the timing for sneaking dragons (where how quickly you do it really really matters) is generally before you accumulate 1750+wards gold, after that it's mostly about fighting anyway which madreds+spirit stone. It is possible that you will be able to take a dragon with it when you couldn't without, but it's really really unlikely.


I never said get Both Lizard, Golem, and Razor.

<_<

Point is, people have this weird complex where buying two jungle items is bad, and I dont get it. Gaving loits of health/mana regen not neccesarily good, but at the same time it pretty much free stats relative to other items.

Well, what champions would you propose Lizard+Golem on?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 351 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1063
ComeBackTV 352
TaKeTV 286
SteadfastSC283
LamboSC2232
Rex106
IndyStarCraft 75
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 283
LamboSC2 232
ProTech146
Rex 106
IndyStarCraft 75
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39033
Shuttle 2616
Bisu 1005
Horang2 869
Jaedong 808
Mini 778
EffOrt 679
Light 510
Soma 389
BeSt 349
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 337
firebathero 329
Stork 268
Snow 205
Rush 185
ZerO 169
Zeus 161
ggaemo 135
Last 108
Leta 87
Pusan 78
hero 76
sorry 72
Killer 71
Sea.KH 55
Sharp 46
Mong 45
Mind 39
soO 31
Shinee 30
Aegong 28
Shine 26
Free 25
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 24
Sexy 24
Trap 22
Terrorterran 19
NotJumperer 18
HiyA 17
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
zelot 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7289
qojqva1576
Dendi883
Fuzer 132
420jenkins86
Counter-Strike
markeloff146
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 172
Other Games
gofns35600
singsing2307
olofmeister1229
B2W.Neo1054
Mlord250
DeMusliM201
Livibee163
Hui .150
Liquid`VortiX130
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King111
QueenE90
ZerO(Twitch)15
Railgan11
Chillindude11
ToD10
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1849
League of Legends
• Jankos2339
• Nemesis1729
• TFBlade790
Other Games
• WagamamaTV165
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 25m
Stellar Fest
23h 25m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.