• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8466 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 134

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 220 Next
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
January 25 2013 17:13 GMT
#2661
On January 25 2013 19:38 wei2coolman wrote:
Sometimes I feel Riot is too nerf happy, rather than trying to buff other items to give it more of an edge, they just tend to over do the nerfs.

Warmogs nerf was way overdone. I think they should have taken the other approach, trying to buff early resistances, as a viable alternative vs warmog rush.

EDIT: I wonder if they thought Warmogs nerf was out of the popularity of the item? or they actually think it was op'd, in how it played out in games? Personally, I think there's always going to be a "most cost efficient/slot efficient" item, and sometimes there's just going to be a key item, like Bloodthirster is always going to be core on ADC. That doesn't mean you should just nerf it to the ground.


Also, I don't get this whole "nerf tank kat". It's strong, but it hasn't even been played out enough.

DC needs a buff soon, all these new high AP items, along with the fairly new AP champs with ridic base damage, and mediocre AP ratios, is phasing out DC almost entirely now.

Inb4 Bloodthirster = +23 damage, +5% lifesteal in 2014.

League of funsized.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
January 25 2013 17:23 GMT
#2662
On January 26 2013 02:07 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 02:02 TheYango wrote:
On January 25 2013 22:04 Gahlo wrote:
On January 25 2013 19:31 TheYango wrote:
If that Triforce buff stays, that will be the most ridiculously cost-effective recipe ever, rofl.

Locket got a minor nerf, Sunfire and Warmogs got gutted.

League of Warmogs -> League of Locket

Am I missing something here? How is 180 gold "gutted"?


Also, Triforce price change intentional.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33877588#33877588

Yeah I misread the Warmog's change. Not as bad as I thought.

Good, I was worried you were going to drop some crazy knowledge about how having to buy an extra Rejuv Bead makes it trash or something. Triforce change is interesting, wonder if we'll see a resurgence of Jax/Irelia.

what do u mean resurgence. I still see them all the time
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
spellsy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States418 Posts
January 25 2013 17:39 GMT
#2663
i have question, do many people here use guides from like solomid/lolking/lolpro ? and if so how ? (like read whole guide, or pick champ and look up guide quick for runes/masteries/quickbuild, or look at guides before purchasing champ? etc?)
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 17:42:21
January 25 2013 17:41 GMT
#2664
On January 26 2013 02:39 spellsy wrote:
i have question, do many people here use guides from like solomid/lolking/lolpro ? and if so how ? (like read whole guide, or pick champ and look up guide quick for runes/masteries/quickbuild, or look at guides before purchasing champ? etc?)

When I was newer to the game, I stuck to solomid guides like they were the end-all be-all. Now I take a quick glance at the guides here, but generally just figure it out myself. I look for strengths/weaknesses, lane matchups, not as much builds or runes/masteries
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
January 25 2013 17:41 GMT
#2665
On January 26 2013 02:39 spellsy wrote:
i have question, do many people here use guides from like solomid/lolking/lolpro ? and if so how ? (like read whole guide, or pick champ and look up guide quick for runes/masteries/quickbuild, or look at guides before purchasing champ? etc?)


Usually for Runes/Masteries/Quick Build before the first game I play with a Champ.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 25 2013 17:43 GMT
#2666
I don't use guides.

If it's not 100% apparant from the champ skillset, I sometimes looked up skill orders for new champ, but those are usually 'wrong' too, since nobody played him yet. So I stopped doing even that.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
spellsy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States418 Posts
January 25 2013 17:44 GMT
#2667
also, am i the only one who thinks varus is sick vs mf ?
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
January 25 2013 17:47 GMT
#2668
On January 26 2013 02:39 spellsy wrote:
i have question, do many people here use guides from like solomid/lolking/lolpro ? and if so how ? (like read whole guide, or pick champ and look up guide quick for runes/masteries/quickbuild, or look at guides before purchasing champ? etc?)

Rarely use guides. It takes the fun out of the game.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 25 2013 17:47 GMT
#2669
On January 26 2013 02:23 barbsq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 02:07 onlywonderboy wrote:
On January 26 2013 02:02 TheYango wrote:
On January 25 2013 22:04 Gahlo wrote:
On January 25 2013 19:31 TheYango wrote:
If that Triforce buff stays, that will be the most ridiculously cost-effective recipe ever, rofl.

Locket got a minor nerf, Sunfire and Warmogs got gutted.

League of Warmogs -> League of Locket

Am I missing something here? How is 180 gold "gutted"?


Also, Triforce price change intentional.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33877588#33877588

Yeah I misread the Warmog's change. Not as bad as I thought.

Good, I was worried you were going to drop some crazy knowledge about how having to buy an extra Rejuv Bead makes it trash or something. Triforce change is interesting, wonder if we'll see a resurgence of Jax/Irelia.

what do u mean resurgence. I still see them all the time

I guess I meant in competitive play, they aren't played nearly as much as they were in Season 2.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Arekan
Profile Joined February 2011
United States248 Posts
January 25 2013 17:48 GMT
#2670
On January 26 2013 02:39 spellsy wrote:
i have question, do many people here use guides from like solomid/lolking/lolpro ? and if so how ? (like read whole guide, or pick champ and look up guide quick for runes/masteries/quickbuild, or look at guides before purchasing champ? etc?)


When I used to look at guides (I haven't looked at a guide since Elise was released) I tended to look at both Solomid and Lolpro and mesh together what seemed to be a better overall build. If a player was known for playing a certain champion, I would also prefer their advice (the only instances I remember were Westrice's Akali guide and Invertedcompser's Singed guide).While I looked at the runes/masteries/items, the explanations were the most important to me to see if they actually had a good reason for building something (more often than not they didn't, but figuring out what was good and what wasn't was not too difficult a task).
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 17:48:56
January 25 2013 17:48 GMT
#2671
Sticked to mobafire like it was a mine of knowledge, now I'd try not to appear full of myself while saying TL's taught me enough to be able to determine that stuff myself, and that I'll still find whatever I can't figure myself in the champion's thread... on TL.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 25 2013 17:48 GMT
#2672
i use guides a lot but mostly from lolking because they seem to have the most updated ones, lolpro ones are clearly just there to get traffic, and all of the solomid ones are old.
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
January 25 2013 17:50 GMT
#2673
On January 26 2013 01:51 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 01:11 MattBarry wrote:
Urgot/Thresh has stupid level of synergy. Urgot ults the enemy carry the hops on a latern into his own personal peeling machine support

Edit: I really like the new item for Morgana. It fits the niche where you don't have 1600 gold and you don't need a chain vest so you would go double doran's into plate of the warmage or whatever it's called now.

Thresh seems to provide a lot of interesting utility with his lantern. They can greatly nerf his damage if he turns out to be too powerful but it's always going to have the utility of his lantern which is really unique to him.

Good thing too. I was getting tired of all the lee sin clones.

I love Thresh, he makes adcs without escapes more viable. He creates the same problem as Nunu, Nunu fixes Caitlyn because he covers up her only weakness. Thresh covers up some adc's only weakness which is no escapes. And if a champion has no weaknesses that can create problems
Platinum Support GOD
spellsy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States418 Posts
January 25 2013 17:51 GMT
#2674
yea the reason i ask is i was thinking about doing a "prezi" ( http://prezi.com/ ) that was like a quickguide for each support, with runes, skill order, playstyle, etc type stuff
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 25 2013 17:52 GMT
#2675
On January 26 2013 02:43 Dandel Ion wrote:
I don't use guides.

If it's not 100% apparant from the champ skillset, I sometimes looked up skill orders for new champ, but those are usually 'wrong' too, since nobody played him yet. So I stopped doing even that.

Like with Kha how everyone suggested R->Q->E->W for skills and Q->E->R for the evolutions when he was new.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
January 25 2013 17:53 GMT
#2676
On January 26 2013 02:39 spellsy wrote:
i have question, do many people here use guides from like solomid/lolking/lolpro ? and if so how ? (like read whole guide, or pick champ and look up guide quick for runes/masteries/quickbuild, or look at guides before purchasing champ? etc?)


i dont do that anymore.
Only sometimes i have a specific question that someone with lots of experience can answer and would save me tesn of games experimenting. So i either look here for advice from trusted people or i look up who is top tier at the champ and how he answered the question for himself by looking at some videos.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 25 2013 17:54 GMT
#2677
Man. That Rengar W change is sooooo dumb.
Heals for the same or more than the % based one
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 17:55:48
January 25 2013 17:55 GMT
#2678
On January 26 2013 02:51 spellsy wrote:
yea the reason i ask is i was thinking about doing a "prezi" ( http://prezi.com/ ) that was like a quickguide for each support, with runes, skill order, playstyle, etc type stuff


I still think that would be pretty baller. I doubt the TL opinion of guides is the norm.

Edit: I also fucking love graphs and charts.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 25 2013 17:55 GMT
#2679
On January 26 2013 02:51 spellsy wrote:
yea the reason i ask is i was thinking about doing a "prezi" ( http://prezi.com/ ) that was like a quickguide for each support, with runes, skill order, playstyle, etc type stuff

Everyone really enjoyed the soloq support guide you did, so I'm sure this would be incredibly useful for some people. Even if it's not useful for everyone here, plenty of people on Reddit could probably use something like this.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
January 25 2013 17:59 GMT
#2680
On January 26 2013 02:39 spellsy wrote:
i have question, do many people here use guides from like solomid/lolking/lolpro ? and if so how ? (like read whole guide, or pick champ and look up guide quick for runes/masteries/quickbuild, or look at guides before purchasing champ? etc?)


I only use guides when it's written by a high Elo player so I can pick at their reasoning. Otherwise I'm confident enough in my game knowledge to build/rune any champion on the fly.

On January 26 2013 02:44 spellsy wrote:
also, am i the only one who thinks varus is sick vs mf ?


I think Varus is fairly underrated in general. He's definitely good against MF, as he can very consistently knock her out of her passive from a safe distance. He's also one of the more effective ADs against Taric thanks to his W.

On January 26 2013 02:54 arb wrote:
Man. That Rengar W change is sooooo dumb.
Heals for the same or more than the % based one


I don't necessarily think it's dumb. The key to this change is that Rengar can no longer rush health items and crush early laning, it's based entirely on levels. So the change nerfs his early laning without screwing him over later.

It also makes building him as an assassin more viable (whether you think that's a good or bad thing is up to you).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM805
TKL 278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 805
ByuN 312
TKL 278
mouzHeroMarine 256
UpATreeSC 69
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18516
Calm 2953
Shuttle 1002
Horang2 450
Dewaltoss 142
Rush 91
Zeus 50
Free 43
sorry 29
Trap 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 20
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Rock 16
Bale 16
Aegong 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1286
League of Legends
KnowMe58
Counter-Strike
fl0m4462
pashabiceps954
x6flipin818
Fnx 635
edward30
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King80
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu0
Other Games
singsing1955
Grubby1786
Liquid`RaSZi1580
Beastyqt680
C9.Mang0281
crisheroes275
B2W.Neo234
IndyStarCraft 173
420jenkins168
dupreeh158
QueenE106
Trikslyr87
JuggernautJason16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• EnkiAlexander 23
• Hinosc 11
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2804
• WagamamaTV563
League of Legends
• Nemesis3098
• TFBlade687
Other Games
• Shiphtur809
• imaqtpie571
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 5m
INu's Battles
17h 5m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 5m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.