• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:12
CEST 21:12
KST 04:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8954 users

[Patch 1.0.0.153: Preseason Balance Update 1] GD - Page 299

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 297 298 299 300 301 451 Next
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 21:34:43
January 05 2013 21:34 GMT
#5961
Obvious, isn't it? Sunfire cape is the same as ever and cheaper even, its damage even got buffed back to 40dps, whereas all the other tanking items got nerfed to shit. For example Randuins is now far worse than it used to be.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 21:55:10
January 05 2013 21:53 GMT
#5962
Among defensive items, Sunfire, Warmog's, and Locket definitely benefitted the most from the S3 patch. Aegis and Visage got sidegrades (less cost-efficient but more slot-efficient), and everything else seems meh.
Moderator
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 05 2013 21:55 GMT
#5963
On January 06 2013 06:53 TheYango wrote:
Among defensive items, Sunfire, Warmog's, and Locket definitely benefitted the most from the S3 patch. Aegis and Visage got sidegrades (less cost-efficient but more slot-efficient), and everything else seems meh.


Please note that every fucking Korean Top goes Sunfire Mogs now. @_@
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 05 2013 21:57 GMT
#5964
And not enough jungles and tops are getting Locket.
Moderator
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 22:03:54
January 05 2013 21:57 GMT
#5965
On January 06 2013 06:34 Shikyo wrote:
Obvious, isn't it? Sunfire cape is the same as ever and cheaper even, its damage even got buffed back to 40dps, whereas all the other tanking items got nerfed to shit. For example Randuins is now far worse than it used to be.

Wait am I missing out on something? isn't Randuins the best single slot individual armor item in the game? 700 hp + 70 armor is the best defensive armor/effective hp item you can get.... I dunno if cost effective, but should be highly slot effective.

edit: lol, 500 hp~ ma bad.
for some reason thought it gave more. The active not as strong as before, but still pretty good, and I'd still argue most slot effective; effective hp (against physical dmg) item in game.
liftlift > tsm
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
January 05 2013 21:59 GMT
#5966
On January 06 2013 06:57 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 06:34 Shikyo wrote:
Obvious, isn't it? Sunfire cape is the same as ever and cheaper even, its damage even got buffed back to 40dps, whereas all the other tanking items got nerfed to shit. For example Randuins is now far worse than it used to be.

Wait am I missing out on something? isn't Randuins the best single slot individual armor item in the game? 700 hp + 70 armor is the best defensive armor/effective hp item you can get.... I dunno if cost effective, but should be highly slot effective.


Randuins used to slow attack speed with its active :[ now it doesnt.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 05 2013 22:00 GMT
#5967
Where are you getting 700 HP from? It gives 500.
Moderator
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
January 05 2013 22:00 GMT
#5968
On January 06 2013 06:57 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 06:34 Shikyo wrote:
Obvious, isn't it? Sunfire cape is the same as ever and cheaper even, its damage even got buffed back to 40dps, whereas all the other tanking items got nerfed to shit. For example Randuins is now far worse than it used to be.

Wait am I missing out on something? isn't Randuins the best single slot individual armor item in the game? 700 hp + 70 armor is the best defensive armor/effective hp item you can get.... I dunno if cost effective, but should be highly slot effective.

500 hp. Which is still pretty good.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 05 2013 22:00 GMT
#5969
On January 06 2013 06:55 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 06:53 TheYango wrote:
Among defensive items, Sunfire, Warmog's, and Locket definitely benefitted the most from the S3 patch. Aegis and Visage got sidegrades (less cost-efficient but more slot-efficient), and everything else seems meh.


Please note that every fucking Korean Top goes Sunfire Mogs now. @_@

Now the real question is do we call this SunMogs or WarFire? I kinda like both.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
SoulSever
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada779 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 22:02:56
January 05 2013 22:02 GMT
#5970
"Tried giving malady a try on Twisted Fate and I'm really liking it. My core winds up being malady, twin shadows, zhonya's, sheen and then whatever I want, either deathcap, or nashor's. I feel like my dps in a teamfight isn't solely dependant on cooldowns and I'm really liking twin shadows for ult ganks. anyone else experimented with TF builds?"

I really hate to repost this but everytime I post (not very often) I always get bottom of page and never get very many answers. Would love if Monte or Yango could drop some knowledge bombs on me please
Violet <3 ~~~Better places than here exist
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23440 Posts
January 05 2013 22:03 GMT
#5971
Randuins is just about cost effective with the active valued at 350 gold.
slot effective doesnt really matter that much early game so sunfire is great early and warmogs is the only good regen item

randuins something you only really want lategame now when ad carries are gettin real fed.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 05 2013 22:04 GMT
#5972
Twin Shadows on TF is ok. Not the best but it has its uses.
Malady is terribad though. TF doesn't auto attack that much. You want more AP/Pen for Wild Cards tbh.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 22:06:27
January 05 2013 22:06 GMT
#5973
Misaya experimented a bit with Twin Shadows TF. He said he kind of liked it, but not necessarily better than the Hat/Lich/Zhonya's normal stuff. Depends on the game.
Moderator
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 05 2013 22:07 GMT
#5974
On January 06 2013 07:02 SoulSever wrote:
"Tried giving malady a try on Twisted Fate and I'm really liking it. My core winds up being malady, twin shadows, zhonya's, sheen and then whatever I want, either deathcap, or nashor's. I feel like my dps in a teamfight isn't solely dependant on cooldowns and I'm really liking twin shadows for ult ganks. anyone else experimented with TF builds?"

I really hate to repost this but everytime I post (not very often) I always get bottom of page and never get very many answers. Would love if Monte or Yango could drop some knowledge bombs on me please

Two things come to mind.

1) I suspect you'd open up with your initial salve of spell damage before autoattacking in a teamfight. That mean you open up with burst damage but then you have an item that encouraged prolonged autoattacks. You're not going to get the benefit of MRes reduction until the second round of burst damage (which isn't guaranteed).

2) Your autoattack range is 525 which is even lower than Vayne, and you're amazingly squishy. You have to put yourself in a lot of danger to take advantage of Malady while waiting for your CDs, and will probably die if the other team focuses you. You don't have lifesteal like AD Carries to stay alive longer either.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 05 2013 22:08 GMT
#5975
On January 06 2013 07:02 SoulSever wrote:
"Tried giving malady a try on Twisted Fate and I'm really liking it. My core winds up being malady, twin shadows, zhonya's, sheen and then whatever I want, either deathcap, or nashor's. I feel like my dps in a teamfight isn't solely dependant on cooldowns and I'm really liking twin shadows for ult ganks. anyone else experimented with TF builds?"

I really hate to repost this but everytime I post (not very often) I always get bottom of page and never get very many answers. Would love if Monte or Yango could drop some knowledge bombs on me please

A stun ever 2 seconds isn't good enough that you need the slow active on twin shadows? >.>

If you're not in range for stun, then that means you're not ulting correctly.
TF's range is pretty lame, you're not gunna be able to kite correctly while auto attacking. Standard AP tf build is probably still best, despite malady change. lichbane/deathcap/voidstaff/zhonyas/etc. TF's str is still his abilities to provide strong cc in early game ganks (the stun), and map presence. Then in his midgame his ability to split push, provide constant stuns in team fights, while doing very strong bursts. The brilliance of TF is that his CD's are low. Essentially this is how team fight works with TF. Stun. Q. Auto attack once, Run away til CD's are backup (or auto attack if you're completely safe). Auto attacking should not be your primary source of damage on TF.
liftlift > tsm
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
January 05 2013 22:10 GMT
#5976
Subbing for Meat Playground in TSM inv. It's off stream though and I'm doing just this game =(. I'm really nervous, first time in a competitive match since s1. No idea who the enemy team is though so hopefully I don't feed and lose.

Got Lee Sin at least :O
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 05 2013 22:11 GMT
#5977
On January 06 2013 07:08 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 07:02 SoulSever wrote:
"Tried giving malady a try on Twisted Fate and I'm really liking it. My core winds up being malady, twin shadows, zhonya's, sheen and then whatever I want, either deathcap, or nashor's. I feel like my dps in a teamfight isn't solely dependant on cooldowns and I'm really liking twin shadows for ult ganks. anyone else experimented with TF builds?"

I really hate to repost this but everytime I post (not very often) I always get bottom of page and never get very many answers. Would love if Monte or Yango could drop some knowledge bombs on me please

A stun ever 2 seconds isn't good enough that you need the slow active on twin shadows? >.>

If you're not in range for stun, then that means you're not ulting correctly.

While this is true in a sense, having Twin Shadows opens up ganks that you wouldn't otherwise try because of enemy mobility skills/etc. due to the difficulty of placing ult.
Moderator
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 05 2013 22:14 GMT
#5978
There's plenty of openings where Twin Shadows can ensure your stun. It's extra MS and a slow active, wtf.
It's not exclusive to just ulti gonks. <_<
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
SoulSever
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada779 Posts
January 05 2013 22:20 GMT
#5979
On January 06 2013 07:07 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 07:02 SoulSever wrote:
"Tried giving malady a try on Twisted Fate and I'm really liking it. My core winds up being malady, twin shadows, zhonya's, sheen and then whatever I want, either deathcap, or nashor's. I feel like my dps in a teamfight isn't solely dependant on cooldowns and I'm really liking twin shadows for ult ganks. anyone else experimented with TF builds?"

I really hate to repost this but everytime I post (not very often) I always get bottom of page and never get very many answers. Would love if Monte or Yango could drop some knowledge bombs on me please

Two things come to mind.

1) I suspect you'd open up with your initial salve of spell damage before autoattacking in a teamfight. That mean you open up with burst damage but then you have an item that encouraged prolonged autoattacks. You're not going to get the benefit of MRes reduction until the second round of burst damage (which isn't guaranteed).

2) Your autoattack range is 525 which is even lower than Vayne, and you're amazingly squishy. You have to put yourself in a lot of danger to take advantage of Malady while waiting for your CDs, and will probably die if the other team focuses you. You don't have lifesteal like AD Carries to stay alive longer either.


I'm trying to think of a way to add some CDR into my TF builds and nothing seems to flow smoothly
Violet <3 ~~~Better places than here exist
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
January 05 2013 22:20 GMT
#5980
Saintvicious makes me facepalm so much, way past his prime
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Prev 1 297 298 299 300 301 451 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 603
UpATreeSC 140
JuggernautJason47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18421
firebathero 173
Rush 124
Dewaltoss 114
Sexy 28
Bale 13
yabsab 12
Dota 2
Gorgc8263
qojqva1405
monkeys_forever132
Counter-Strike
fl0m1584
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1880
crisheroes1137
Liquid`Hasu735
XaKoH 168
Other Games
summit1g3388
Grubby3161
FrodaN835
Beastyqt649
shahzam224
ArmadaUGS201
byalli195
KnowMe165
C9.Mang0153
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
StarCraft 2
angryscii 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 35
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1647
League of Legends
• TFBlade1093
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• WagamamaTV250
• Shiphtur243
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 48m
Stellar Fest
17h 48m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.