• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:36
CEST 02:36
KST 09:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9746 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 58

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
March 23 2012 13:20 GMT
#1141
I really haven't noticed a difference. I guess in theory the super abusers should notice.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 23 2012 13:22 GMT
#1142
Blue essentially went from never having to worry about mana to still never having to worry about mana.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Sabin010
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1892 Posts
March 23 2012 13:27 GMT
#1143
On Ryze I noticed getting new blue when completely oom, its difficult to regen mana and charge up the tear, but you can do one or the other fairly easily. If you keep spaming all the cd's charging the tear you're going to stay oom, but you can sit and charge up mana pretty quickly.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 23 2012 13:31 GMT
#1144
On March 23 2012 22:14 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Allways nice to see the giant general discussion about if we have enough general discussion

Btw, blue nerf, how bad is it now everyones played with it? Havent heared anyone talk about it after the patch actually hit...


It's noticeable, but nothing game breaking. It just requires a bit more conscientiousness while harrassing and poking, which isn't really necessarily a bad thing. It will separate the APs who know how to manage their mana from those who don't.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
March 23 2012 13:34 GMT
#1145
So one might it say it will separate the good mages from the great mages...
twitch.tv/cratonz
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 23 2012 13:41 GMT
#1146
One might say that...
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 23 2012 13:47 GMT
#1147
One might also say that, just like before, blue makes every baddie into an unstoppable killing machine.
The baddies just have to be marginally better now. Semi-baddies, so to say.

I would have preferred if they hit the CDR component too, blue still way too stronk.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Solaris.playgu
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden480 Posts
March 23 2012 13:51 GMT
#1148
I have a question to you junglers out there regarding the life steal nerf. I have been playing tanky junglers a lot (Maokai, Nautilus, Skarner etc...) and recently started trying out the more damage-based ones (Lee Sin, Nocturne and so on). Reading guides they all say to start with vampiric scepter, and my question is if this still is the best option with the nerf? Or should I start boots or cloth instead now, depending on what my early game plans are?
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 23 2012 13:56 GMT
#1149
Vamp is still fine. Most of the champs who can open it can come close to clearing without any items whatsoever, or whatever items you want.

But you should not be opening vamp on LS.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 23 2012 13:59 GMT
#1150
Hm, I'm not that good a jungler, but a friend of mine is, and he said that you should go boots instead of vamp everytime, always now.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Sabin010
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1892 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 14:08:30
March 23 2012 14:02 GMT
#1151
We saw M5 do some innovative buff management at IEM. I would like to bring attention to the games where they give lane pirate red at level 1 and when they gave Urgot blue at level 1. What other champions do you guys think can become terrors in lane with a level 1 buff donation?

On March 23 2012 22:59 Dandel Ion wrote:
Hm, I'm not that good a jungler, but a friend of mine is, and he said that you should go boots instead of vamp everytime, always now.


Basically your opening item in the jungle is dependent upon the champion and play style. Vamp routes are for more afk jungle farming, boots and pots is a medium build on ganking and farming, cloth 5 pot is all about early ganking and counter jungling. Junglers who can get away with any items, and have good scaling, or just don't get a lot out of wriggles can open regrowth and go for fast philo.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 23 2012 14:03 GMT
#1152
On March 23 2012 22:59 Dandel Ion wrote:
Hm, I'm not that good a jungler, but a friend of mine is, and he said that you should go boots instead of vamp everytime, always now.

I dissagree with this. If you can get away with a vamp, it is by probably the best starting item IMO, especially if you are playing someone who just wants to farm early on like Noct.

The problem is that it can get difficult to actually play off: no pots means getting messed with at all can really hurt. But if you can pull it off successfully it is the most efficient way to open, at least in my oppinion.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Solaris.playgu
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden480 Posts
March 23 2012 14:04 GMT
#1153
Ok, that's good to know. But why not on LS? According to theoddone's guide I should, and I've had enough success with his other guides to trust him so far. I do find myself getting pretty low with vamp on him though, I just reckoned that was because I haven't been able to afford proper runes for him yet, so still running AS reds and MS quints which I need to change into armor penetration and flat AD.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
March 23 2012 14:04 GMT
#1154
On March 23 2012 22:59 Dandel Ion wrote:
Hm, I'm not that good a jungler, but a friend of mine is, and he said that you should go boots instead of vamp everytime, always now.

Boots 3 is a fairly standard start these days, but it's just dumb to pigeonhole opening items into a single possibility. You can also start dblade for a more aggressive start or even cloth 5 for a more farm heavy path.
twitch.tv/cratonz
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 14:10:05
March 23 2012 14:05 GMT
#1155
On March 23 2012 22:51 Solaris.playgu wrote:
I have a question to you junglers out there regarding the life steal nerf. I have been playing tanky junglers a lot (Maokai, Nautilus, Skarner etc...) and recently started trying out the more damage-based ones (Lee Sin, Nocturne and so on). Reading guides they all say to start with vampiric scepter, and my question is if this still is the best option with the nerf? Or should I start boots or cloth instead now, depending on what my early game plans are?

Maokai,skarner,don't know about nautilus but I assume he as well all are better off start with regrowth +1 pot.
Udyr's most common opening is boots+3pots,vamp scepter usually was for jarvan,trundle and nocturne and you can still do it on them regardless of the nerf.Trundle takes no damage in the jungle,jarvan gets a bit low but its fine,nocturne is kinda fine but you can start cloth 5 if you don't feel comfortable.
If you start red than your probably going to want to gank early and so its good to start cloth 5 or boots 3 pot.
Cackle™
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 23 2012 14:08 GMT
#1156
On March 23 2012 23:04 Solaris.playgu wrote:
Ok, that's good to know. But why not on LS? According to theoddone's guide I should, and I've had enough success with his other guides to trust him so far. I do find myself getting pretty low with vamp on him though, I just reckoned that was because I haven't been able to afford proper runes for him yet, so still running AS reds and MS quints which I need to change into armor penetration and flat AD.

Because LS doesnt want to farm, the main reason for grabbing a vamp cepter. He wants to gank.

And as a ganker, either boots or a dblade is going to assist what you want to do much better than a vamp cepter would. Hell, even cloth 5 is better to that end than a vamp cepter.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Solaris.playgu
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden480 Posts
March 23 2012 14:09 GMT
#1157
On March 23 2012 23:05 TheKefka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 22:51 Solaris.playgu wrote:
I have a question to you junglers out there regarding the life steal nerf. I have been playing tanky junglers a lot (Maokai, Nautilus, Skarner etc...) and recently started trying out the more damage-based ones (Lee Sin, Nocturne and so on). Reading guides they all say to start with vampiric scepter, and my question is if this still is the best option with the nerf? Or should I start boots or cloth instead now, depending on what my early game plans are?

Maokai,skarner,don't know about nautiulust all are better off start with regrowth +1 pot.


Yes ofc, the question was regarding damage-based junglers like LS and Nocturne. For reference Nautilus likes cloth/5 and boots/3 a lot, boots if you get a good leash, cloth otherwise.
Solaris.playgu
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden480 Posts
March 23 2012 14:11 GMT
#1158
On March 23 2012 23:08 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 23:04 Solaris.playgu wrote:
Ok, that's good to know. But why not on LS? According to theoddone's guide I should, and I've had enough success with his other guides to trust him so far. I do find myself getting pretty low with vamp on him though, I just reckoned that was because I haven't been able to afford proper runes for him yet, so still running AS reds and MS quints which I need to change into armor penetration and flat AD.

Because LS doesnt want to farm, the main reason for grabbing a vamp cepter. He wants to gank.

And as a ganker, either boots or a dblade is going to assist what you want to do much better than a vamp cepter would. Hell, even cloth 5 is better to that end than a vamp cepter.


Sounds legit, I'll try that out then. Would you proceed into a lantern afterwards anyway?
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 14:13:29
March 23 2012 14:12 GMT
#1159
On March 23 2012 23:04 Solaris.playgu wrote:
Ok, that's good to know. But why not on LS? According to theoddone's guide I should, and I've had enough success with his other guides to trust him so far. I do find myself getting pretty low with vamp on him though, I just reckoned that was because I haven't been able to afford proper runes for him yet, so still running AS reds and MS quints which I need to change into armor penetration and flat AD.



You start Vamp scepter instead of boots three you wont have the life for a sick Level 2 gank on LeeSin after Wraiths Red unless you got a stupidly hard leash... and even if you do you don't run fast so your ganks not as strong.

If you want to do any counter jungling than Cloth+5 better. I dunno, Vamp scepter just seems kinda greedy to me, sure it more efficient but you have no room to be messed with.... unless you on good farmer/very safe jungler other openings safer.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
March 23 2012 14:13 GMT
#1160
On March 23 2012 23:04 Craton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 22:59 Dandel Ion wrote:
Hm, I'm not that good a jungler, but a friend of mine is, and he said that you should go boots instead of vamp everytime, always now.

cloth 5 for a more farm heavy path.

This is the opposite for me >.> If you want to go farm heavy why would you wast precious gold on useless pots ? Grab a vampiric and afk in your jungle, or boots to run faster from camp to camp. Cloth 5 doesn't add anything to your clear times and makes you waste a lot of money in pots as well.
The legend of Darien lives on
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12691
Rain 2018
Artosis 760
White-Ra 206
ToSsGirL 47
Dota 2
monkeys_forever600
NeuroSwarm131
League of Legends
Doublelift4232
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1524
ArmadaUGS492
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor775
WinterStarcraft256
Other Games
summit1g9058
shahzam689
Day[9].tv642
JimRising 524
C9.Mang0291
ViBE139
Maynarde137
Trikslyr58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick800
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1091
• Day9tv642
• Shiphtur284
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 24m
OSC
12h 24m
Stellar Fest
12h 24m
OSC
23h 24m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.