• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:50
CEST 21:50
KST 04:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8934 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 25

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
March 21 2012 13:41 GMT
#481
On March 21 2012 21:38 Flicky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 21:33 Promises wrote:
I tried her in custom AP, it is pretty strong but not as your regular AP. She's very durable with her ult etc, but she lacks spammability or pure burst. It's a bit like a Karma mid or something. As support I think she's very, very strong, she has all things (slows, speed, shield, heal, silence).


Karma has massive AoE burst, what are you on about.


She has nice AoE burst, but lets be honest she's not going to 100-0 anyone. Neither does she have spammable (ryze/cassio) like spells. Same goes for Lulu.
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 13:47:21
March 21 2012 13:42 GMT
#482
On March 21 2012 22:39 nojitosunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 22:34 NeoIllusions wrote:
On March 21 2012 22:25 nojitosunrise wrote:
at the 1:17:00 mark Sundance explains the MOBA situation at MLG

http://www.twitch.tv/livevvvgaming/b/312339045

it doesn't look good folks


Sounds like he's beating around the bush that negotiations between MLG and Riot aren't going well.
And he's eager to push PPV for MLG's future sustainability.


Seems that Blizzard (valve?) is making some tempting offers.

I can't see Riot agreeing to a PPV model for their game at all, unfortunately.


Game that is free to play

having PPV tournaments.

I don't really see how that makes sense.

Like, look from Riot's perspective. IEM is advertised with a link in client when it's on. Could they even do that to MLG if it was PPV?
A free game. Client link to a stream that..costs...money? From the free game. Wat?
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
March 21 2012 13:42 GMT
#483
I lost faith in MLG when they started the PPV crap.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 13:47:36
March 21 2012 13:45 GMT
#484
Well I don't see the reason it wouldn't make sense.
The game is free but there are extras in the game like skins and boosts that you need to pay for in order to get them.
MLG has these special PPV events planed so they can sustain themselves similar how riot gets their money from people buying RP.
MLG in itself is a long way from becoming PPV and I doubt it will happen any time soon.
The recent PPV event that they had was winter arena and it wasn't part of the MLG pro circuit from what I understood,it was more of a special event(and more are planned).
Cackle™
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 13:50:12
March 21 2012 13:48 GMT
#485
On March 21 2012 22:45 TheKefka wrote:
Well I don't see the reason it wouldn't make sense.
The game is free but there are extras in the game like skins and boosts that you need to pay for in order to get them.
MLG has these special PPV events planed so they can sustain themselves similar how riot gets their money from people buying RP.
MLG in itself is a long way from becoming PPV and I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Thats a bit different. A regular MLG is like the lol FTP: you dont have to pay anything to get full enjoyment, but if you want to you get some perks.

With the arena? You have to pay. There is no way for someone who cant pay to enjoy the stream. And this sort of pay only special event I do not think Riot would want to do because it doesnt fit their image and goals. And I am guessing that one of the barriers currently is that MLG REALLY wants to do private events like the Arena, hence the snag.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
rob.au
Profile Joined May 2010
1087 Posts
March 21 2012 13:49 GMT
#486
Lulu seems to be close to Janna level, so pretty good job there by riot. I was expecting the polymorph to slow a lot more (like lion from dota), I can't really even tell that they are slowed from it. The passive is pretty bad imo, and it seems buggy like when I put shield on the jungler at level 1 it stole blue when they fail smited.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 13:56:29
March 21 2012 13:51 GMT
#487
Well I don't see the reason it wouldn't make sense.
The game is free but there are extras in the game like skins and boosts that you need to pay for in order to get them.
MLG has these special PPV events planed so they can sustain themselves similar how riot gets their money from people buying RP.
MLG in itself is a long way from becoming PPV and I doubt it will happen any time soon.
The recent PPV event that they had was winter arena and it wasn't part of the MLG pro circuit from what I understood,it was more of a special event(and more are planned).


I understand that, but let's imagine that if MLG wants to push the PPV and they'd want to include LoL. Now we're on TL forum, we're at least somewhat in, in what is esports.

Just take a regular casual player, and here I mean the true casual that the majority of gamers are, which isn't any of us vocal minority on gaming forums like this, load up their free to play game to play some rounds, see this link and go "hey cool, that sounds interesting" click the link and hit a paywall. ??? And if the price is anything resembling to what it was in the tryout PPV, a 20 dollar price comes on screen and says, hey chip this in or you no watch.

What's the casual player gonna think, do I put 20 dollars to watch a few games on the stream, or do I buy a champion bundle or 2 or a dozen skins that last beyond the weekend?

I don't have so much against the PPV model per se, just I think the price point they tried was simply ludicrous. You aren't gonna get the 200-300k to fork out 20 dollars for a few day event worth of streaming, fk no. If it was a dollar or half, they might. If the payment process was really really slick and painless, price at half a dollar or a dollar, then I would have done it, np.

Then you think it from their sustainability view, ok maybe they get the 2000 pretty hardcore followers pay 20e and they "sustain" themselves with that and totally alienate everyone else from their product and the 198 000 people move on to something else. That 2000 becomes 1900 and then 1800 and so on until it dries out.

I know it was a test run, but to me it just was kind of "wow" moment when I saw the price they're asking.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 13:53:35
March 21 2012 13:53 GMT
#488
On March 21 2012 22:51 daemir wrote:


Just take a regular casual player, and here I mean the true casual that the majority of gamers are, which isn't any of us vocal minority on gaming forums like this, load up their free to play game to play some rounds, see this link and go "hey cool, that sounds interesting" click the link and hit a paywall. ??? And if the price is anything resembling to what it was in the tryout PPV, a 20 dollar price comes on screen and says, hey chip this in or you no watch.

What's the casual player gonna think, do I put 20 dollars to watch a few games on the stream, or do I buy a champion bundle or 2 or a dozen skins that last beyond the weekend?


Were Raleigh/Providence linked through the client? I can't recall.
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
March 21 2012 13:56 GMT
#489
On March 21 2012 22:53 nojitosunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 22:51 daemir wrote:


Just take a regular casual player, and here I mean the true casual that the majority of gamers are, which isn't any of us vocal minority on gaming forums like this, load up their free to play game to play some rounds, see this link and go "hey cool, that sounds interesting" click the link and hit a paywall. ??? And if the price is anything resembling to what it was in the tryout PPV, a 20 dollar price comes on screen and says, hey chip this in or you no watch.

What's the casual player gonna think, do I put 20 dollars to watch a few games on the stream, or do I buy a champion bundle or 2 or a dozen skins that last beyond the weekend?


Were Raleigh/Providence linked through the client? I can't recall.


Providence had its own page (http://mlgprovidence.leagueoflegends.com/) so I think it was in the client. I don't remember Raleigh having one though.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Veclada
Profile Joined September 2010
742 Posts
March 21 2012 13:57 GMT
#490
On March 21 2012 16:06 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 16:04 beefhamburger wrote:
Jesus, Saint's Korean account has 90k RP and 230k IP o_O


And every Champion/Skin/rune in the game.

Lucky son of a gun...


Does he get them for free or something?
asdfg
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
March 21 2012 13:58 GMT
#491
What would be an interesting compromise is paying RP to watch a MLG. But working that out between Riot/Tencent/MLG would be a nightmare.

That would get around the problem that daemir stated above.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 13:59:02
March 21 2012 13:58 GMT
#492
On March 21 2012 22:57 Veclada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 16:06 iCanada wrote:
On March 21 2012 16:04 beefhamburger wrote:
Jesus, Saint's Korean account has 90k RP and 230k IP o_O


And every Champion/Skin/rune in the game.

Lucky son of a gun...


Does he get them for free or something?


Likely a deal worked out with Riot Korea as part of the package to get them over there. Not unreasonable either- they need a way to practice and cant do it on level 1 accounts.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
March 21 2012 14:01 GMT
#493
On March 21 2012 22:58 nojitosunrise wrote:
What would be an interesting compromise is paying RP to watch a MLG. But working that out between Riot/Tencent/MLG would be a nightmare.

That would get around the problem that daemir stated above.


I think if you could pay it with both, IP or RP, with IP price adjusted accordingly high ofc, that could be a draw to buy RP for the event. But yea probably a nightmare to fix between the companies.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
March 21 2012 14:06 GMT
#494
PPV would be an awful move especially as they market the game as free to play. I definitely wouldn't pay a cent and would just watch other stuff instead.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
rob.au
Profile Joined May 2010
1087 Posts
March 21 2012 14:10 GMT
#495
I wouldn't care if LoL had nothing more to do with MLG, it's probably one of the worst events on the competitive scene calendar. They had quite a few issues with the coverage last season and it's only between american teams, so it's not that interesting at all to me. I definitely wouldn't pay to watch it and I think they must be so far ahead of themselves to think PPV is the way to go.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
March 21 2012 14:11 GMT
#496
On March 21 2012 23:06 Shikyo wrote:
PPV would be an awful move especially as they market the game as free to play. I definitely wouldn't pay a cent and would just watch other stuff instead.


Yea basicly all I tried to say above was condensed into 2 sentences right here.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
March 21 2012 14:21 GMT
#497
I wouldn't pay for MLG.... maybe. It's tempting since all the recent good tournaments have been unwatchable for me die to timezones. USA needs a big tounament....
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 14:28:41
March 21 2012 14:21 GMT
#498
Bit off topic for a moment.
Does anyone else find it ironic that among the abundance of sizable breasts of the LoL female champions,the flat chested female yordle gets named Lulu?
Cackle™
OhNeverMind
Profile Joined October 2010
United States90 Posts
March 21 2012 14:24 GMT
#499
I'm not a good support but I really enjoyed LuLu's design (so take everything with a grain of salt). I feel like I really want to level up all of my abilities so I enjoy the ability to do cost-benefit analysis on the fly. If I just want to harass put more points in Q. I initially felt that polymorph would be OP but since they still have control of their character it doesn't prevent escapes and they can still close the gap during ganks. I think it is in a good place. The duration feels short until it gets a few levels.

The shield is noticably weaker than Janna's but still really good. The harass from her passive is really good, but if you just stand behind your own minions you mitigate a lot of the damage so I like that there is counter play. It is entirely possible that her harass is too strong but it didn't feel blatant to me...

Her ult is crazy good though... Much easier to use than Janna's because you won't screw over your team. Really nice for initiation and for saving people.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
March 21 2012 14:35 GMT
#500
On March 21 2012 23:21 TheKefka wrote:
Bit off topic for a moment.
Does anyone else find it ironic that among the abundance of sizable breasts of the LoL female champions,the flat chested female yordle gets named Lulu?



There was a huge thread about the depiction of female champions in LoL on the forums . I guess Riot took the feedback seriously.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason78
BRAT_OK 67
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17824
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 185
Hyuk 140
ggaemo 109
firebathero 106
ZZZero.O 79
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8267
febbydoto12
League of Legends
Doublelift1370
Counter-Strike
Fnx 603
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4437
Khaldor1382
crisheroes931
Liquid`Hasu798
Other Games
summit1g3881
FrodaN2983
fl0m1108
Beastyqt798
KnowMe337
mouzStarbuck332
ArmadaUGS133
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 112
• Adnapsc2 24
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8240
Other Games
• imaqtpie746
• Shiphtur261
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 11m
INu's Battles
16h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.