• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:28
CEST 04:28
KST 11:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9656 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 88

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 112 Next
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 20 2011 19:32 GMT
#1741
On August 21 2011 04:30 Vlanitak wrote:
so sad they kicked us out before the last game. I am kinda mad at Gamescom I mean... I paid for a season ticket and I cant watch the games? wtf is that shit...

kudos to riot for making sure they actually got to play the last game instead of tomorrow saving the players the hassel.


well, the security and police doesnt particulary care that riot does a tournament that needed 30 mins longer than expected.
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
August 20 2011 20:49 GMT
#1742
On August 19 2011 12:54 HyperionDreamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 12:24 locodoco wrote:
On August 19 2011 12:22 evanthebouncy! wrote:
Kennen

Thundering Shuriken ability power ratio increased to .75 from .66
Lightning Rush
Energy cost adjusted to 100/95/90/85/80 from 100 at all levels
Ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55



This is HUGE.... from general moving with lightning rush to the ever so energy contrained team fight...

the energy cost thing wont matter till late game since every1 maxxes his lightening ball thing last

Plus its old news...... The increased ap ratio on his ninja star matters quite a bit though, since energy-based ranged harass is really annoying to deal with.


do you level it up though? I still stick to maxing out W and E first for team fight capabilities.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 20 2011 20:53 GMT
#1743
If you play Kennen, you must learn how to hit your Q. It does big damage and is really what gives Kennen lane control during laning phase.

You use E mostly for the mobility and stun tick, not the damage. It's a one point wonder. Only reason you'd max W and E first over Q is you feel really uncomfortable with that skill shot. If that's the case, get practicing. Weak/No Q Kennen is a really underpowered Kennen.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 20 2011 22:39 GMT
#1744
what's the patch for?
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-20 23:25:04
August 20 2011 23:23 GMT
#1745
So I just started playing LoL recently and am new to Dota type games as well. Wondering if anyone can give good hero suggestions, preferably ones that are 3k or cheaper. Leveled up to 14 mostly playing vs bots, recently started playing PvP I think I'm starting to understand it doing well with Annie after reading some guides. I prefer casters/support but I'm looking to get into melee heroes too.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
August 20 2011 23:36 GMT
#1746
Annie/Ryze for AP
Soraka/Janna for Support

Cheap Melee? I dno, Jax is reduced atm but I think he's kinda hard to play early and without runes.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 20 2011 23:53 GMT
#1747
Janna is way too difficult, rather play Sona
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-20 23:59:54
August 20 2011 23:59 GMT
#1748
On August 21 2011 08:36 r.Evo wrote:I dno, Jax is reduced atm but I think he's kinda hard to play early and without runes.

I think I can agree to this. Even building him right, I really had troubles to be as efficient as it should be.
And Alistar is really cool to support with also.


I personnaly am puzzled between waiting to have 6300 IP to buy an expensive champion (I'm looking for Lee Sin) or buy some cheaper champions (poppy+cho+karma maybe) and start saving for runes.
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
August 21 2011 00:15 GMT
#1749
On August 21 2011 08:59 -Zoda- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2011 08:36 r.Evo wrote:I dno, Jax is reduced atm but I think he's kinda hard to play early and without runes.

I think I can agree to this. Even building him right, I really had troubles to be as efficient as it should be.
And Alistar is really cool to support with also.


I personnaly am puzzled between waiting to have 6300 IP to buy an expensive champion (I'm looking for Lee Sin) or buy some cheaper champions (poppy+cho+karma maybe) and start saving for runes.


Definitely save it up for runes first. They are more useful since you can use them in any game but your 6300 IP champ can be picked by someone else on your team and you're just left with the free ones.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 21 2011 00:17 GMT
#1750
For a good melee champion for a beginner I'd suggest nasus, he's going to crush everyone who doesn't know how to deal with him(everyone below 30)
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
August 21 2011 00:32 GMT
#1751
On August 21 2011 08:53 Shikyo wrote:
Janna is way too difficult, rather play Sona


That's why. If you learn how to play Janna you learn how to win 85% of games.

Janna teaches you mapcontrol, positioning, kiting and what AD carries should NOT do.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
August 21 2011 00:43 GMT
#1752
On August 21 2011 09:15 JBright wrote:Definitely save it up for runes first. They are more useful since you can use them in any game but your 6300 IP champ can be picked by someone else on your team and you're just left with the free ones.

I already bought some since I'm a really indecisive person, I won't be left with the free ones. :D
I may not resist to buy one other cheap champ before just saving for runes, thank you anyway for the advice.
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
August 21 2011 00:45 GMT
#1753
Hold off on recommending support until after the patch lol. No point investing IP in a hero that we know is going to get changed.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Vlanitak
Profile Joined November 2009
Norway3045 Posts
August 21 2011 01:13 GMT
#1754
huehuehue
no ticket to the ESL Players Party? NP sneak your way in anyway!.

Regi confirmed that he was hungover during the SK vs TSM games. He wasnt alone though.
Shushei was hungover aswell (while I dont think it excuses his play today sadly :< )
Talked to salce today, he said his Zilean is horrible even though he revived JiJi's kog like 3-4 times in a row during the long midlane push CLG had vs Mil.

WCG Germany news for those interested:
they tried playing for 12 hours today, and played 2 matches. (talked to Zylor and someone from TTT) they didnt know why, but the tourny server had lots of problems for them, and this is the same server riot was running IEM on, and in the end they played on the live EU west server on the Backup US east server (lol) having everyone DCing at the 15min mark no exceptions.

Saint, Salce and JiJi saying that Kobe needs to actually practise if he wants to play with CLG (with all of them adding Unfortunatly they love to play with him, but they want to win aswell :> )
CLG afraid of TSM: 3 (Hotshotgg)
TSM afraid of CLG: 8 (Reginald)

urgh then there was some more trashtalking of double AP meta

oh and while I am talking to saint about I think it was Nocturne, this random dude comes up to me and asks he can take a picture with me. lol I have no idea who he thought I was, but I let him take the picture

also got invited to the Justin.tv party tomorrow by what i think was Kellymilkis (not completely sure I have had a couple of beers at this point, got Salce to get beer for me xD. ) Unfortuantly I cant go, but if anyone is going tomorrow and wants my Beer coupon for it you can have it if you find me during the first few LoL matches tomorrow.

the main thing that sucks with watching stuf flike this live instead of on stream is that I need to leave so I can make my flight home and so I doubt I will have time to finish watching the finals :<
washed
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
August 21 2011 01:27 GMT
#1755
Vlani #1 fanboy.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 21 2011 02:35 GMT
#1756
what did i just patch? 15mb.
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
August 21 2011 02:52 GMT
#1757
Anyone lagging as fk right now? The whole game, I was teleporting all over the place every 2-3 seconds.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
August 21 2011 03:24 GMT
#1758
On August 21 2011 11:35 LaNague wrote:
what did i just patch? 15mb.

they patched a skin glitch that's all i know.
BW -> League -> CSGO
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
August 21 2011 03:35 GMT
#1759
brand new lag patch
GANDHISAUCE
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-21 04:10:44
August 21 2011 04:08 GMT
#1760
On August 21 2011 08:59 -Zoda- wrote:
I personnaly am puzzled between waiting to have 6300 IP to buy an expensive champion (I'm looking for Lee Sin) or buy some cheaper champions (poppy+cho+karma maybe) and start saving for runes.

Unless you have played something on a free week and really liked them, don't go out of you way to buy anything past 3k when you're still starting out.

Get a few cheap champions and play whats free and work on some basic rune sets.

Reds - Armor Pen (205), Magic Pen (205)
Yellows - Flat Armor (205), Mana regen per 5 (205)
Blues - Magic Resist per level (205), AP per level (410?)
Quints - Armor Pen (1025), Flat AP (1025), Flat HP (optional; 2050)

Once you get all of those (excluding maybe flat HP), you have a reasonable rune set for almost any champion. Go ahead and get more champs from there, but eventually you want to expand your rune pages.

Reds - AD
Yellows - Dodge
Blues - Flat CDR, Flat Magic Resist
Quints - Flat HP, Movement Speed

There is a decent attack speed one, but I forget which. There are some other runes out there that have uses, like yellow HP per level or mana runes for Ryze, but you can really go without them.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft520
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft520
WinterStarcraft360
RuFF_SC2 164
PiLiPiLi 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1103
White-Ra 203
Noble 56
Hyuk 54
Bale 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4407
Counter-Strike
taco 662
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox578
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor673
Other Games
summit1g9709
Coldzera 873
C9.Mang0321
ViBE71
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick760
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21599
League of Legends
• Lourlo205
• Stunt74
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 32m
Online Event
8h 32m
FEL
13h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.