• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:03
CEST 17:03
KST 00:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9440 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 75

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 112 Next
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
August 18 2011 18:01 GMT
#1481
On August 19 2011 01:25 Woony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 00:06 STS17 wrote:
Though I have a feeling this has to do with the fact that I'm ~150 elo higher then him so I'm always facing players rated lower then myself.


This is 100% your problem.



Doesn't explain why it happens to him too though. That's the curious part. If what I understand is true, and champion pick order is determined by elo, then him being consistently last pick would make him the lowest rated player on our team, he still earns much less on a win then he loses on a loss
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 18 2011 18:04 GMT
#1482
On August 19 2011 03:00 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 02:30 LoCicero wrote:
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.

What about that game with roflfactor Garen T_T
I tried my hardest.

there are still going to be games that you can't carry, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to. Even if 90% of the time you think a game is unwinnable you would've lost anyway, playing it out from a disadvantage to get those 10% in the W column goes a long way to turning your elo around.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 18 2011 18:13 GMT
#1483
At my elo anything can happen. I played a game last night where we were seriously down like 15-45, all 3 inhibs down, AND both nexus turrets dead.

And then the other team just randomly went full retard mode. All 5 of them, just started suicide one at a time, no doubt thinking they'd won already. 15 minutes later the score is like 45-45 and we're killing their nexus.

No idea how it happened, but as dumb as your own team is, the other team can always be dumber!
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Owned Noob
Profile Joined April 2010
United States731 Posts
August 18 2011 18:13 GMT
#1484
morgana buff -> locicero gains 200 elo
jaedong the man with the huge dong
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
August 18 2011 18:19 GMT
#1485
On August 18 2011 22:00 zulu_nation8 wrote:
i should be 1600 but i keep playing fucked up and raging

you should be 1600 but you cant focus on the game as well because of your hunger..we gotta raise that denny's money
You can't milk those!
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 18 2011 18:20 GMT
#1486
On August 19 2011 03:04 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 03:00 HazMat wrote:
On August 19 2011 02:30 LoCicero wrote:
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.

What about that game with roflfactor Garen T_T
I tried my hardest.

there are still going to be games that you can't carry, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to. Even if 90% of the time you think a game is unwinnable you would've lost anyway, playing it out from a disadvantage to get those 10% in the W column goes a long way to turning your elo around.

Thnx 4 teh info Smash.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 18 2011 18:21 GMT
#1487
On August 19 2011 03:20 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 03:04 Mogwai wrote:
On August 19 2011 03:00 HazMat wrote:
On August 19 2011 02:30 LoCicero wrote:
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.

What about that game with roflfactor Garen T_T
I tried my hardest.

there are still going to be games that you can't carry, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to. Even if 90% of the time you think a game is unwinnable you would've lost anyway, playing it out from a disadvantage to get those 10% in the W column goes a long way to turning your elo around.

Thnx 4 teh info Smash.

npnp, anytime

let's smurf duo
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 18:25:33
August 18 2011 18:23 GMT
#1488
On August 19 2011 02:30 LoCicero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.

Like that brand+rammus game i had with Utah vs the shaco..we just kept defending our inhibs all day until we finally fought them off and turned it around for the win
just cant give up when it looks crappy




Edit:
On August 19 2011 03:21 Mogwai wrote:

let's smurf duo

You're cheating on me?!
You can't milk those!
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
August 18 2011 18:25 GMT
#1489
On August 19 2011 01:29 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 01:21 NeoIllusions wrote:
On August 19 2011 01:08 Haemonculus wrote:
Though sometimes I'm trying to shield Ashe and Cho's fat ass is in the way and I accidentally shield him instead T_T


Click on portaits! :3

Can you smart-cast spells with the f-keys? Like E+f2 to cast on whoever's the f2 slot on the team?

Portraits are nice and all but in the heat of things it's hard to remember to do T_T

Yes
twitch.tv/cratonz
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
August 18 2011 18:32 GMT
#1490
On August 19 2011 02:30 LoCicero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.


the game is totally different at 1200-1600 and 2100 and you know this
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
sRapers_ValkS
Profile Joined August 2009
United States644 Posts
August 18 2011 18:32 GMT
#1491
On August 18 2011 23:29 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 23:20 cascades wrote:
Does merc reduce aoe slow like kog's/singed?


Yes.

wait what, I'm pretty sure it doesn't because those don't have a "length", it just slows for however long you're standing on it.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 18 2011 18:35 GMT
#1492
On August 19 2011 03:32 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 02:30 LoCicero wrote:
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.


the game is totally different at 1200-1600 and 2100 and you know this

Yeah it is different. 1200 to 1600 I win with Twitch.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 18:43:19
August 18 2011 18:42 GMT
#1493
On August 19 2011 03:23 StuffedTurkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 03:21 Mogwai wrote:

let's smurf duo

You're cheating on me?!

SmashGizwhore

I get around baby.
On August 19 2011 03:35 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 03:32 gtrsrs wrote:
the game is totally different at 1200-1600 and 2100 and you know this

Yeah it is different. 1200 to 1600 I win with Twitch.

I can't remember the last time I played in the 1200-1600 range as Pantheon and NOT had the other team tell us to report the guy who I was laning against.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
August 18 2011 18:46 GMT
#1494
me and spud randomly queued onto the same team in some shitty 1800 elo game, OP
Brees on in
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 18 2011 18:48 GMT
#1495
You get unbanned?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
August 18 2011 18:49 GMT
#1496
On August 19 2011 03:48 HazMat wrote:
You get unbanned?


using an account for a couple weeks then i go to college and im done
Brees on in
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 18:52:11
August 18 2011 18:50 GMT
#1497
I love double pd on carry build.
super funny. It does good dmg too.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
August 18 2011 18:53 GMT
#1498
I remember some dude who plays almost strictly annie in ranked and is legitimately 1300-1400 elo after nearly 1k games lol. He used to blame matchmaking too. Yet, I'm a terrabad and when I laned vs him I went legendary both games I played vs him. His only good part was laning and he still wasn't that amazing at that. Obviously his losses were because of matchmaking when I'm duo q with my friend who doesn't even understand Phantom Dancer on Olaf is bad.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
broz0rs
Profile Joined July 2008
United States2294 Posts
August 18 2011 18:54 GMT
#1499
On August 19 2011 03:50 0123456789 wrote:
I love double pd on carry build.
super funny. It does good dmg too.


it's even more hilarious on Tristana with Q. It looks as if she's doing pirouettes.
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
August 18 2011 18:59 GMT
#1500
On August 19 2011 03:42 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 03:23 StuffedTurkey wrote:
On August 19 2011 03:21 Mogwai wrote:

let's smurf duo

You're cheating on me?!

SmashGizwhore

I get around baby.
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 03:35 HazMat wrote:
On August 19 2011 03:32 gtrsrs wrote:
the game is totally different at 1200-1600 and 2100 and you know this

Yeah it is different. 1200 to 1600 I win with Twitch.

I can't remember the last time I played in the 1200-1600 range as Pantheon and NOT had the other team tell us to report the guy who I was laning against.

/reports taric cait for losing to panth huehuehue
You can't milk those!
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 102
Railgan 90
trigger 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51121
Shuttle 8890
BeSt 736
Horang2 519
actioN 211
Sexy 186
Larva 181
Soma 146
Last 125
ggaemo 122
[ Show more ]
Mind 96
Zeus 78
hero 68
Sea.KH 59
Killer 52
Hyun 52
Aegong 48
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 26
PianO 25
Rock 17
NaDa 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4982
qojqva2429
Dendi1511
420jenkins532
Fuzer 84
Counter-Strike
fl0m3626
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1092
Liquid`Hasu779
MindelVK1
Other Games
B2W.Neo857
Beastyqt591
Mlord463
byalli394
Hui .212
Livibee212
ArmadaUGS204
KnowMe109
QueenE76
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 38
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick795
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2771
League of Legends
• Nemesis3304
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 57m
Replay Cast
7h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.