• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:20
CEST 18:20
KST 01:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9985 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 74

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 112 Next
GranDim
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada1214 Posts
August 18 2011 14:23 GMT
#1461
As far as I know it reduce the during of the lingering effect which is usually in the .5 sec range.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 18 2011 14:29 GMT
#1462
On August 18 2011 23:20 cascades wrote:
Does merc reduce aoe slow like kog's/singed?


Yes.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
August 18 2011 14:37 GMT
#1463
The drop off on those AoE effects are often pretty low to begin with so whilst the merc threads do reduce it, it doesn't by any important ammount.

As long as you are on the goo you are as fucked as a person with any other type of boots.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 14:58:41
August 18 2011 14:54 GMT
#1464
The shitty teammates you get in solo queue are called duo queues.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 18 2011 15:00 GMT
#1465
On August 18 2011 15:39 StuffedTurkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 14:03 Southlight wrote:
The middle finger to the gtsrs of the world who think MM screws them, my last 10 en route to gold:

yea MM sucks, it took me a whole 16 games to get to 1650 on my smurf

lolz

Enraged Ashe: "THIS MORDE HAS 900 WINS!"
Turkey: "I have 16!"
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
August 18 2011 15:06 GMT
#1466
My biggest problem with matchmaking is it always seems to go like this:

Congratulations! You WIN! (+4 rating)
YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR! (-25 rating)

which means me and my brother have to consistently win (significantly) more games then we lose in order to rise in rank...

Though I have a feeling this has to do with the fact that I'm ~150 elo higher then him so I'm always facing players rated lower then myself.
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
August 18 2011 15:09 GMT
#1467
I feel like it's better to not have a ridiculous score in solo queue like 13-2 and have a score like 6-2 instead. Every time I carry hard as fuck I get placed with full retards next game...
Everyone needs a nemesis.
TL Blazeraid
Profile Joined January 2011
566 Posts
August 18 2011 15:43 GMT
#1468
On August 18 2011 22:36 Woony wrote:
http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2011/08/17/the-razer-tiamat
Real product name


[image loading]
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 18 2011 16:06 GMT
#1469
On August 09 2011 09:35 OreoBoi wrote:
Allied champions can no longer block targeting of an enemy champion if they are standing on top of one another

FFFUUUUU well there goes my rush 6 feast stack + guardian angel + all elixer chogath. Having teammates hide inside you was hilarious

Pretty sure that still works. 6 feast stack cho was actually buffed, because you won't be preventing your allies from targetting enemies who jump on you or who you're feasting upon.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 18 2011 16:08 GMT
#1470
Though sometimes I'm trying to shield Ashe and Cho's fat ass is in the way and I accidentally shield him instead T_T
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 18 2011 16:21 GMT
#1471
On August 19 2011 01:08 Haemonculus wrote:
Though sometimes I'm trying to shield Ashe and Cho's fat ass is in the way and I accidentally shield him instead T_T


Click on portaits! :3
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Woony
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany6657 Posts
August 18 2011 16:25 GMT
#1472
On August 19 2011 00:06 STS17 wrote:
Though I have a feeling this has to do with the fact that I'm ~150 elo higher then him so I'm always facing players rated lower then myself.


This is 100% your problem.

Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 18 2011 16:29 GMT
#1473
On August 19 2011 01:21 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 01:08 Haemonculus wrote:
Though sometimes I'm trying to shield Ashe and Cho's fat ass is in the way and I accidentally shield him instead T_T


Click on portaits! :3

Can you smart-cast spells with the f-keys? Like E+f2 to cast on whoever's the f2 slot on the team?

Portraits are nice and all but in the heat of things it's hard to remember to do T_T
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
August 18 2011 16:42 GMT
#1474
I find it much harder to remember which F-key corresponds to which ally...
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
August 18 2011 16:55 GMT
#1475
Everytime I try clicking a portrait I a) take too long because I never do it or b) scroll instead and fuck it up at the same time.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
August 18 2011 17:16 GMT
#1476
i feel like arnath just GETS it. and i know that niton GETS it.
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
LoCicero
Profile Joined August 2010
1100 Posts
August 18 2011 17:30 GMT
#1477
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 18 2011 17:40 GMT
#1478
Loci is a champ.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
broz0rs
Profile Joined July 2008
United States2294 Posts
August 18 2011 17:41 GMT
#1479
TL;DR version - carry harder bitches
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 18 2011 18:00 GMT
#1480
On August 19 2011 02:30 LoCicero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 17:05 Southlight wrote:
But I feel like a lot of people just rage at that, play like ass, don't look at the whole game, don't play active, just sit there passively bitching, lose, and then blame matchmaking. zzz


This is pretty much 100% accurate. People that post on the forums and complain about matchmaking don't realize they're losing because of themselves, not because of the system. If you are the highest elo, you are EXPECTED to play better than other people. If you don't, you are failing. If people on your team are dying and you're whining like a bitch instead of trying to be positive and trying to help your team win then you deserve to lose the game. My last game my top lane lost his tower and went 0 and 4 in about 14 minutes and the enemy team got the two first dragons. We still won. Also, a word of advice, don't give up so easily. I almost never surrender. It's surprisingly easy to turn a solo queue game around. As long as your team is still fighting for map control and has wards + oracles (even if underfarmed this is 100% necessary. Hell, I buy oracles and wards even if I go mid) then you should never surrender.

That being said everyone whines about teams, I know I do. But a lot of my whining comes from me being frustrated with my own play, maybe I didn't buy enough wards, maybe I should have got oracles, maybe I should ahve pushed mid when the other mid went ot gank instead of following them, etc.

What about that game with roflfactor Garen T_T
I tried my hardest.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem389
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 389
IndyStarCraft 177
Railgan 74
BRAT_OK 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59022
Shuttle 3136
Horang2 490
BeSt 415
Larva 365
ggaemo 240
Soma 174
Mind 148
Dewaltoss 97
Last 84
[ Show more ]
Sexy 80
Zeus 75
hero 74
Sea.KH 50
Killer 47
Hyun 47
Bale 32
Aegong 31
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 25
NaDa 21
Rock 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva2896
Dendi1497
420jenkins427
Fuzer 139
Counter-Strike
fl0m3700
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1298
Liquid`Hasu1114
Grubby1038
MindelVK18
Other Games
singsing1792
FrodaN1515
B2W.Neo1058
byalli985
Beastyqt711
Mlord493
ArmadaUGS190
Hui .177
KnowMe137
QueenE91
Mew2King56
CosmosSc2 27
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick927
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 59
• niya90s2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4115
League of Legends
• Nemesis2947
Other Games
• WagamamaTV223
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 40m
Replay Cast
6h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 40m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 40m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.