• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:42
CEST 07:42
KST 14:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7788 users

[Discussion] Dominion - Page 3

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
Bluebush
Profile Joined March 2011
United States218 Posts
August 04 2011 21:19 GMT
#41
As someone who hit exalted with Arathi Basin on two characters, I'm not going anywhere near this thing. But I'm sure a lot of people will have fun with it. I just hope that Riot continues to focus on Summoner's Rift because I got into this game for the DotA-like experience and not to relive WoW's battlegrounds.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 04 2011 21:28 GMT
#42
I'm not too worried about this turning into AB. Many of AB's most endearing issues are the result of having 3x as many players as nodes, as well as the nearby graveyards. With only one player per node it'll be a very different experience.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
August 04 2011 21:46 GMT
#43
On August 05 2011 06:28 Seuss wrote:
I'm not too worried about this turning into AB. Many of AB's most endearing issues are the result of having 3x as many players as nodes, as well as the nearby graveyards. With only one player per node it'll be a very different experience.


I have to agree with this.

Because of the balance, I don't think it'll feel very much like AB.
Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
GranDim
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada1214 Posts
August 04 2011 21:58 GMT
#44
On August 05 2011 06:19 Bluebush wrote:
As someone who hit exalted with Arathi Basin on two characters, I'm not going anywhere near this thing. But I'm sure a lot of people will have fun with it. I just hope that Riot continues to focus on Summoner's Rift because I got into this game for the DotA-like experience and not to relive WoW's battlegrounds.


As someone who grinded warlord on Illidan during a christmas holiday mostly in AB, I got exalted with every BG easily but I played about 5 times more in AB than the other 2, i'll be trying it out at least.
Bluebush
Profile Joined March 2011
United States218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 22:04:47
August 04 2011 22:02 GMT
#45
On August 05 2011 06:46 Riku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:28 Seuss wrote:
I'm not too worried about this turning into AB. Many of AB's most endearing issues are the result of having 3x as many players as nodes, as well as the nearby graveyards. With only one player per node it'll be a very different experience.


I have to agree with this.

Because of the balance, I don't think it'll feel very much like AB.


Well for me it's not really about whether they can balance it or make it fun (I have faith in them to do both). It's more just preferring the MOBA style over the capture/defend style of AB. As long as they don't balance the champs around Dominion (and I doubt they will given the new items/buffs/etc) then I have no problem with it. I'll give it a shot though

Although I do think it was weird to see so much hype over an announcement... a lot of people probably expected something to be implemented today.

Edit: ^ You grinded up to Warlord? Much respect, I only got up to Lt. General.
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
August 04 2011 22:17 GMT
#46
Given how poorly Riot balances one game mode, I'm inclined to think they'll do an even worse job with two.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
August 04 2011 22:36 GMT
#47
I'd much rather see replays and observing than any new map or champion at this point along with half the other promises that have been made in the last year, but I suppose that doesn't make riot money.

I'll wait to see how it turns out, but I don't see an attack and defend style game working for AoS games. Especially when the game is already balanced around a completely different style. If it doesn't turn into another Twisted Treeline I'll be impressed.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Lanzoma
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico813 Posts
August 04 2011 23:10 GMT
#48
I dunno I'm pretty happy about this mode. Constant small skirmishes without having to lane for 10-15 uninteresting minutes? I'm in.
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
August 04 2011 23:11 GMT
#49
I'm not really worried about balance unless their are enough heroes which make the map shitty. Just seems like something fun to do on the side with buds. Treeline was pretty fun while it lasted and was still interesting to play once in awhile to fuck around on when solo ranked woes take over.
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
August 04 2011 23:50 GMT
#50
On August 05 2011 06:58 GranDim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:19 Bluebush wrote:
As someone who hit exalted with Arathi Basin on two characters, I'm not going anywhere near this thing. But I'm sure a lot of people will have fun with it. I just hope that Riot continues to focus on Summoner's Rift because I got into this game for the DotA-like experience and not to relive WoW's battlegrounds.


As someone who grinded warlord on Illidan during a christmas holiday mostly in AB, I got exalted with every BG easily but I played about 5 times more in AB than the other 2, i'll be trying it out at least.


AB allways was the best thing ever happened to WoW. The whole map design of it was just genius.

Iam really looking forward to play it in LoL and I dont care if other champs are "imbalanced" there.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 04 2011 23:54 GMT
#51
they better not screw up SR balance because of this gimmicky gamemode for ADD WoW arena kids.


Well, maybe it gets scrapped like magma chamber and the announced "us server free" eu west.
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 00:15:05
August 05 2011 00:14 GMT
#52
On August 05 2011 06:46 Riku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:28 Seuss wrote:
I'm not too worried about this turning into AB. Many of AB's most endearing issues are the result of having 3x as many players as nodes, as well as the nearby graveyards. With only one player per node it'll be a very different experience.


I have to agree with this.

Because of the balance, I don't think it'll feel very much like AB.

The great part about playing AB was playing an elemental shammy defending lumber mill
huehuehue


Read:If I play this gametype ill cheese people with ali:D
You can't milk those!
Fishcakes
Profile Joined May 2010
United States149 Posts
August 05 2011 01:25 GMT
#53
Priest Mind Control best defense in lumber mill.

Now if only they made Alterac Valley...
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
August 05 2011 02:58 GMT
#54
Any video demonstrations/previews?
Betrayed by EG.BuK
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 05 2011 03:04 GMT
#55
ill go to gamescon, if its playble there i may chose to enter its queue
Loomies
Profile Joined July 2010
United States645 Posts
August 05 2011 03:55 GMT
#56
On August 05 2011 11:58 tyCe wrote:
Any video demonstrations/previews?


http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/04/league-of-legends-dominion-in-action?objectid=14287819
rwrzr
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1980 Posts
August 05 2011 05:39 GMT
#57
I hope they include fishing so I can afk fish in AB
FADC
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
August 05 2011 06:08 GMT
#58
Yeah so apparently most of the engineering and design for this was done by Brackhar as was listed here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12427887#post12427887

It should be awesome
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
August 05 2011 06:30 GMT
#59
If it is ANYTHING like AB, anything at all, Tanky DPS/Healing/Shielding will be beyond overpowered; it's completely unavoidable when the goal is to channel a flag for 30 seconds without being harmed, a tank with a pocket healer can harm you FOREVER if he is skilled at protecting said healer.

It sounds like a balancing nightmare, but I am interested to actually see a picture of the map and not a dozen ground level screenies, and the new items/summoners/etc. Could end up being really fun; at least LoL doesn't have a feral druid(Nidalee pretty close though).
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
August 05 2011 07:02 GMT
#60
You probably won't be able to pull that off. Devoting 2 people to defending one cap means it's 3v4 elsewhere.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 114
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2102
HiyA 449
Mong 156
Shinee 73
sorry 47
NotJumperer 19
Noble 14
Bale 13
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1251
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Reynor72
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 784
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft643
Other Games
summit1g6964
C9.Mang0318
PiGStarcraft210
ArmadaUGS37
RuFF_SC228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick574
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream416
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2180
League of Legends
• Lourlo1290
• Rush1190
• Stunt515
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.