• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8353 users

QQ/Rage Thread. - Page 111

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 141 Next
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
July 27 2016 02:12 GMT
#2201
On July 27 2016 07:27 Larkin wrote:
Game lowers your mmr when you are searching on a new hero to make the game easier.


Completely forgot that's a thing. 1k+ difference is beyond stupid though, if anything it makes the game much harder :|
MotherFox
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1529 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-27 15:05:58
July 27 2016 15:05 GMT
#2202
Protip: It may seem clever to insta-lock in someone else's hero selection the moment your turn in the draft comes in, thereby forcing them to make a better choice. But it's really easy to intentionally make an awful draft choice then just play your hardest, thereby making sure the team loses while not getting reported yourself.

Don't make people angry in the draft by cock-blocking their hero choices.
Don't Panic
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
July 28 2016 09:33 GMT
#2203
Got flamed yesterday for taking 2nd tank as 5th pick because we had 3 squishies ETC versus:
2 warriors, Greymane, Rehgar.

What the fuck guys ? With 2 tanks they dived and wrecked us. With ETC alone it would be GG in 12 minutes.
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
July 30 2016 12:23 GMT
#2204
You got to love this game...
HL game starts, I'm playing Uther. All go mid - well, probably just a gank to start off the game, then they're surely gonna split up, aren't they?.
Nothing happens. Maybe a push? na, just chilling there.
Game goes on. So I'm telling them to please cover the lanes to get some exp and go bot, because two empty lane might not be the best idea.
No one else reacts. Cust chilling mid, killing someone once in a while, but the top lane is ignored alltogether.

The game goes on, we fall behind more and more, because the top lane is getting pushed and soaked and my 4 mates are still chilling mid. We're at the seven minute mark, so far I have been the only person to ever leave the mid lane, the top lane was empty for 7 minutes straight. Not a single EXP has been soaked there. I'm the only one who ever soaked EXP bot.

In the end I'm getting blamed for the loss, because I went to a solo lane once in a while as supporter. :-P
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
July 31 2016 10:03 GMT
#2205
Rolled a team comp of Murky, Abathur, TLV, Morales and Butcher. I was TLV. We got Cursed Hollow and won convincingly.

I don't know what to think of this game anymore.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
August 01 2016 14:36 GMT
#2206
On July 31 2016 19:03 Larkin wrote:
Rolled a team comp of Murky, Abathur, TLV, Morales and Butcher. I was TLV. We got Cursed Hollow and won convincingly.

I don't know what to think of this game anymore.

Clone medic and keep Butcher alive through everything while Murky holds down their healer?
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
August 03 2016 07:56 GMT
#2207
After long weeks of bad winrates I decided to change my attitude altogether with the help of my duo queue buddy. He knows I want to stop flaming people but I have trouble restraining myself.

Yesterday in draft, the 5th guy says at the last time when 3rd and 4rth are about to lock in, "no healer only xul and valla". I start to type "don't play HL if you cannot even fill healer role" but my friend hears me typing (mechanical keyboard) and asks me to stop (he knows me VERY well).
I delete my message but some other guy say it. So Xul flames him and so and I'm here "ok guys we're on the same team now, let's not fight please".
People chill. Xul sucks, feeds (he lost his prev 4 games with Xul) but we manage to anticipate his errors (after 20 minutes of dying solo in lane, we kinda know the other team want to jump on him) and win the game.

Other draft, the 1st guy prepicks something like Lili (nothing wrong with Lili). We all ask if he has priority heroes but he doesn't. So I'm here typing "Don't play HL if you have neither Falstad, KT, Ming, Greymane or Kerri" BUT my friend says "don't !" and I delete my message. We win this one too.

Solo queue in QM, playing with cows as Murky, we get stomped hard (level 8 vs 10 and so). Many times I'm starting to type salty things but delete them as I know my teammates suck but the other team does too and I cannot win if they spend their precious APM justifying themselves for their low level of play. We win this one too.

I'm trying VERY HARD to stop being a dick, and it's no easy task, but it's already showing results. Gotta keep this up.
h41fgod
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden377 Posts
August 03 2016 09:49 GMT
#2208
On August 03 2016 16:56 Leolio wrote:
After long weeks of bad winrates I decided to change my attitude altogether with the help of my duo queue buddy. He knows I want to stop flaming people but I have trouble restraining myself.

Yesterday in draft, the 5th guy says at the last time when 3rd and 4rth are about to lock in, "no healer only xul and valla". I start to type "don't play HL if you cannot even fill healer role" but my friend hears me typing (mechanical keyboard) and asks me to stop (he knows me VERY well).
I delete my message but some other guy say it. So Xul flames him and so and I'm here "ok guys we're on the same team now, let's not fight please".
People chill. Xul sucks, feeds (he lost his prev 4 games with Xul) but we manage to anticipate his errors (after 20 minutes of dying solo in lane, we kinda know the other team want to jump on him) and win the game.

Other draft, the 1st guy prepicks something like Lili (nothing wrong with Lili). We all ask if he has priority heroes but he doesn't. So I'm here typing "Don't play HL if you have neither Falstad, KT, Ming, Greymane or Kerri" BUT my friend says "don't !" and I delete my message. We win this one too.

Solo queue in QM, playing with cows as Murky, we get stomped hard (level 8 vs 10 and so). Many times I'm starting to type salty things but delete them as I know my teammates suck but the other team does too and I cannot win if they spend their precious APM justifying themselves for their low level of play. We win this one too.

I'm trying VERY HARD to stop being a dick, and it's no easy task, but it's already showing results. Gotta keep this up.

Turn off chat and if they cant say it with a ping its not worth hearing/saying.
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
August 03 2016 13:14 GMT
#2209
You're right, but I tried it and it doesn't fit my personnality.

Sure I'm quick to nitpick on everything and I can be a pain, but I also spend the game congratulating my team, and trying to keep the mood right. If someone flames I ask him not to and tell people to mute him. A smiley or a GJ when an unexpected kill happen, or a "we can win, don't lose hope" after a team wipe can really help.

Giving directions early game is essential too, or warning about specific things like an ETC picking Stage Dive which changes the way you play vs him, for example. Or someone typing Rehgar just wasted his ultimate, or a "zera bot" (because 3 danger pings when you play vs Zera + Nova doesn't seem clear enough you idiot Li-Ming!)...

At diamond level it's important, so I need the chat. I'll keep my whining for this thread and try to be nice in game. :-)
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-03 19:57:22
August 03 2016 19:27 GMT
#2210
hehehehe

top every stat, 0 deaths, playbook Zagara play, dominating my lane and taking bottom well on Sky Temple before 2nd temple phase, actually we are winning the game and its unlosable
then my teammates lose it with their super ruski plays and i get -212 points

-12 adjustment because i was obviously the weakest link

This is so infuriating. I was visibly the best player out of the 10 in the game and I LOST more points.

___________________
now facing a demotiong game after my team of 3 range threw a 2 level 2 fort lead on BHB by facechecking and chasing alone vs a Nova team. Love you, cosmic retard on Sylvanas with 10 deaths who told me I was mispositioned when Nova ganked you hitting a wall at level 16 alone
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
August 04 2016 08:20 GMT
#2211
How nice it'd be if personnal adjustment points were related to your ingame performance... Bad players would fall into oblivion so fast.

Yesterday, I'm 5th picker. Got my 2 main tanks banned (ETC and Jo) and my 3rd (Mura) picked by the opponent. So I go for Chen, who I play well with but I'm not very good either. We have Thrall, Xul, motherfucking Kerrigan and Chen versus 1 melee only.
I was always in their backline, almost never seing Kerri or Thrall... everytime 1 assassin dived with me we wipe them. But no, focusing Muradin is more fun.
Kerrigan ended with as much damage as me (30k). Checked his history. Kerrigan level 6, no game on Kerrigan AT ALL in his entire recent history, not even an AI game. And he got the level 16 talent wrong (what a surprise).
SChlafmann
Profile Joined September 2011
France725 Posts
August 04 2016 08:39 GMT
#2212
On August 04 2016 17:20 Leolio wrote:
How nice it'd be if personnal adjustment points were related to your ingame performance... Bad players would fall into oblivion so fast.

I'd be very nice, but I believe it is really really (really) hard to realize such a system.
Maybe put in place a voting system where you can choose for best and worst player of the team. The worst one (the player that received the more "worst player" tags getting a malus, and best player a bonus.
"More GG, more skill" - Nope! Chuck Testa - #BISU2013
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
August 04 2016 09:16 GMT
#2213
On August 04 2016 17:20 Leolio wrote:
How nice it'd be if personnal adjustment points were related to your ingame performance... Bad players would fall into oblivion so fast.


What would be an assessment of such a thing, though? You couldn't use kills, since then you'd have people trying to last hit. You couldn't use xp soak, because then people would never leave lanes. You couldn't use takedowns because you get low level games with 50 kills on either side which mean nothing. You couldn't use damage because you could get 70k damage in 10 minutes focusing Chen the whole time. It would be very, very difficult to base any kind of point adjustment off stats. Even deaths would be a tricky one since some heroes by their nature will die more than others - is it fair to Leoric players compared to Tassadar ones, for instance.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-04 09:39:01
August 04 2016 09:38 GMT
#2214
Takedowns are very relevant. Death even more. They are the most relevant in fact. It's ok if it's relevant, let's say, just 75% of the time (I'd say it's more than 90% TBH). Today there's NOTHING, bonus points are given to players who don't need them (since they're related to streaks).
Supports are involved in most takedowns. Warriors too. Assassins too obviously. Not specs, but this can be taken into the maths, as they'll obviously have insane siege damage over takedowns.

Dying a lot is almost always a bad thing. But this one is simple to monitor. The server knows the average of death of your hero at your level of play:
Average death per game AND average death relative to the team. (Same with takedowns and other metrics)

So if you're way higher you get "bad points" and if you're lower you get "good points". And we're only talking about bonus points here. So staying in base or going AFK won't help, because you'll lose 150 or 180 points but have +20 so you're still losing. And getting 2 or more reports from different players should cancel your bonus points.
Hell, the game can even display: "you died way too much" on the score screen, or you "had way too low DPS", or "insufficient siege" and so.
This would be accurate for almost every game. So it's better than: "you win a lot so hey, more points".

But I like SChlafmann's idea, a player voting system would be great. You vote for best of the opponent team, best of your team, worst of your team for example.
Voting for best of opponent team is interesting, because it removes some low behaviors, like "hey, i'm probably best or second best of my team, so i vote for best our worst player so that I have more chances to top our real best player".
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
August 04 2016 11:13 GMT
#2215
On August 04 2016 18:38 Leolio wrote:
Takedowns are very relevant. Death even more. They are the most relevant in fact. It's ok if it's relevant, let's say, just 75% of the time (I'd say it's more than 90% TBH). Today there's NOTHING, bonus points are given to players who don't need them (since they're related to streaks).
Supports are involved in most takedowns. Warriors too. Assassins too obviously. Not specs, but this can be taken into the maths, as they'll obviously have insane siege damage over takedowns.

Dying a lot is almost always a bad thing. But this one is simple to monitor. The server knows the average of death of your hero at your level of play:
Average death per game AND average death relative to the team. (Same with takedowns and other metrics)

So if you're way higher you get "bad points" and if you're lower you get "good points". And we're only talking about bonus points here. So staying in base or going AFK won't help, because you'll lose 150 or 180 points but have +20 so you're still losing. And getting 2 or more reports from different players should cancel your bonus points.
Hell, the game can even display: "you died way too much" on the score screen, or you "had way too low DPS", or "insufficient siege" and so.
This would be accurate for almost every game. So it's better than: "you win a lot so hey, more points".

But I like SChlafmann's idea, a player voting system would be great. You vote for best of the opponent team, best of your team, worst of your team for example.
Voting for best of opponent team is interesting, because it removes some low behaviors, like "hey, i'm probably best or second best of my team, so i vote for best our worst player so that I have more chances to top our real best player".


Interesting. That would lower toxicity on your team as well, cause nobody votes for assholes as best player ^^
So if you start a game like "you are all retards, I'm best carry evaar" you'll probably lose your bonus
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
August 04 2016 17:09 GMT
#2216
I really have no idea why people think they can play HL at the higher leagues with such limited hero pools, or with a determination to play a hero they're not experienced with.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
August 04 2016 22:26 GMT
#2217
On August 04 2016 18:16 Larkin wrote:You couldn't use damage because you could get 70k damage in 10 minutes focusing Chen the whole time.


This just reminded me of a game where I (Artanis) and an enemy (Chen) sat in the middle of a lane for the entire early game just whacking each other without pause. We had the Hero damage and damage soak stats so high that even by the end of the game none of the Assassins were even close to matching our damage.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
August 05 2016 02:41 GMT
#2218
Just played with a Kharazim- our only healer/ support- who literally announced at the beginning of the game "I'm not healing at all."

Guess how that game went.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Leolio
Profile Joined April 2012
France633 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-05 14:43:28
August 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#2219
We get Asmodan. He never used the General (trait on D key) in the whole game. Me and my friend asked him more than 10 times during the game but there were never any General on the map.

We won but the other 3 guys and I hard carried him.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
August 05 2016 17:19 GMT
#2220
On August 05 2016 23:39 Leolio wrote:
We get Asmodan. He never used the General (trait on D key) in the whole game. Me and my friend asked him more than 10 times during the game but there were never any General on the map.

We won but the other 3 guys and I hard carried him.

He may be the most poorly played specialist in the game on the most general of curves.
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs ShamelessLIVE!
herO vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings157
SHIN 75
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 299
ByuN 263
OGKoka 257
SHIN 75
MindelVK 23
Railgan 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68144
Calm 10591
Rain 2658
soO 981
Bisu 927
FanTaSy 878
Stork 406
Soulkey 396
Rush 290
Soma 211
[ Show more ]
firebathero 197
Shuttle 167
Last 148
Snow 133
Mind 109
Light 107
ToSsGirL 74
Pusan 72
hero 43
Shinee 42
Bale 37
Trap 37
Killer 36
Sea.KH 36
Free 32
Hm[arnc] 29
Mong 26
Sharp 26
Sexy 24
zelot 20
yabsab 18
sorry 17
Shine 16
HiyA 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
Noble 10
Aegong 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6991
League of Legends
Reynor80
Counter-Strike
x6flipin709
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns37074
singsing2259
byalli655
Pyrionflax242
B2W.Neo175
Chillindude14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 109
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV511
League of Legends
• Jankos3177
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 27m
OSC
11h 27m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.