• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:06
CEST 13:06
KST 20:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9025 users

Weekly Free Heroes Rotation - Page 6

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
May 26 2015 21:00 GMT
#101
On May 27 2015 04:39 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 04:27 Tenks wrote:
All the numbers are pretty meaningless. If someone is using them as either an attack or defense that player is probably the actual problem with the team.

The only ones that really matter are takedowns and deaths. If you're running a high T/D ratio, you're almost certainly playing well.


I mean, I think you're not wrong, but there are absolutely characters who excel particularly at this... like, say, Zeratul. This characteristic is part of why he can carry games so well, but it does mean his T/D is generally extra high.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
May 26 2015 21:12 GMT
#102
On May 27 2015 06:00 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 04:39 xDaunt wrote:
On May 27 2015 04:27 Tenks wrote:
All the numbers are pretty meaningless. If someone is using them as either an attack or defense that player is probably the actual problem with the team.

The only ones that really matter are takedowns and deaths. If you're running a high T/D ratio, you're almost certainly playing well.


I mean, I think you're not wrong, but there are absolutely characters who excel particularly at this... like, say, Zeratul. This characteristic is part of why he can carry games so well, but it does mean his T/D is generally extra high.

Having a high T/D ratio is more of a function of not dying than being involved in a lot of takedowns. Again, my general thought on death is that every death is preventable to one degree or another. Even if I am playing someone who is not Zeratul, I pride myself on generally having the lowest number of deaths on the team.
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
May 26 2015 21:28 GMT
#103
On May 27 2015 06:12 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 06:00 Yoav wrote:
On May 27 2015 04:39 xDaunt wrote:
On May 27 2015 04:27 Tenks wrote:
All the numbers are pretty meaningless. If someone is using them as either an attack or defense that player is probably the actual problem with the team.

The only ones that really matter are takedowns and deaths. If you're running a high T/D ratio, you're almost certainly playing well.


I mean, I think you're not wrong, but there are absolutely characters who excel particularly at this... like, say, Zeratul. This characteristic is part of why he can carry games so well, but it does mean his T/D is generally extra high.

Having a high T/D ratio is more of a function of not dying than being involved in a lot of takedowns. Again, my general thought on death is that every death is preventable to one degree or another. Even if I am playing someone who is not Zeratul, I pride myself on generally having the lowest number of deaths on the team.


What if you run away from teamfights leaving your friends to die? Then you'll also have the lowest death count.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
May 26 2015 21:58 GMT
#104
On May 27 2015 06:12 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 06:00 Yoav wrote:
On May 27 2015 04:39 xDaunt wrote:
On May 27 2015 04:27 Tenks wrote:
All the numbers are pretty meaningless. If someone is using them as either an attack or defense that player is probably the actual problem with the team.

The only ones that really matter are takedowns and deaths. If you're running a high T/D ratio, you're almost certainly playing well.


I mean, I think you're not wrong, but there are absolutely characters who excel particularly at this... like, say, Zeratul. This characteristic is part of why he can carry games so well, but it does mean his T/D is generally extra high.

Having a high T/D ratio is more of a function of not dying than being involved in a lot of takedowns. Again, my general thought on death is that every death is preventable to one degree or another. Even if I am playing someone who is not Zeratul, I pride myself on generally having the lowest number of deaths on the team.


I dig. By the way, loved your HL guide.
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
May 26 2015 21:59 GMT
#105
On May 27 2015 06:28 [Phantom] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 06:12 xDaunt wrote:
On May 27 2015 06:00 Yoav wrote:
On May 27 2015 04:39 xDaunt wrote:
On May 27 2015 04:27 Tenks wrote:
All the numbers are pretty meaningless. If someone is using them as either an attack or defense that player is probably the actual problem with the team.

The only ones that really matter are takedowns and deaths. If you're running a high T/D ratio, you're almost certainly playing well.


I mean, I think you're not wrong, but there are absolutely characters who excel particularly at this... like, say, Zeratul. This characteristic is part of why he can carry games so well, but it does mean his T/D is generally extra high.

Having a high T/D ratio is more of a function of not dying than being involved in a lot of takedowns. Again, my general thought on death is that every death is preventable to one degree or another. Even if I am playing someone who is not Zeratul, I pride myself on generally having the lowest number of deaths on the team.


What if you run away from teamfights leaving your friends to die? Then you'll also have the lowest death count.


You shouldn't be getting any kills or hero damage if that is the case.
If the whole was around 25-30 kills and you're at 10-15, you weren't there half the time.

Note that seeing a bad situation for what it is and not dying needlessly when your team is already half gone isn't a bad thing.
I'll always try and help the team as much as possible, but sometimes retreat really is the only option.
And that can sometimes mean falling back before the fight is completely over.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
May 28 2015 18:44 GMT
#106
On May 27 2015 03:28 Wuster wrote:
Exactly, that guy was gloating over nothing. Didn't help that the map was Sky Temple and he started the game by dying to creeps (cuz he was going to push the hell out of bot lane...) This probably belongs more int he QQ thread, so I'll stop venting.

So back on topic, now that we have easy to mess up heroes on rotation this week any of you guys going to mess around with random builds? I'm planning to try an AA / Lifesteal Illidan build, will probably fail horribly but could scale well on the right map.


Well I did it, was playing on Garden of Terror and went Seasoned Marksmen + Thirsting Blade instead of the normal Shadow Shield + Immolation.

Since I was going full yolo I took Hunt at 10 too instead of Meta too. Briefly considered Thrill of Battle to pop more Evasions over First Aid, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Was very weak early on, no Immo meant I couldn't clear waves for stacks that well either, but by the time I picked up Giant Killer at 13 I had 30 bonus damage and felt like a powerhouse. Ended the game taking Nexus Blades and 40+ bonus damage.

I could literally solo garden terrors and finish with 100% hp. I was healing 113hp / hit on core (so much more on heroes, especially after a Sweeping Strike).

Wasn't the total disaster I feared, seems like it might have potential, if I do it again, will be going Meta over Hunt though.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 03 2015 23:28 GMT
#107
Rotation for the week of June 2nd to June 8th

Li Li
E.T.C.
Falstad
Diablo
Tychus
Azmodan (12)
Tassadar (15)
Writer
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 08 2015 16:52 GMT
#108
Week of Tuesday, June 9, 2015:

Raynor
Muradin
Rehgar
Tyrael
Jaina
Uther (Available after you reach player level 12)
Sylvanas (Available after you reach player level 15)
Writer
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
June 09 2015 22:11 GMT
#109
I really like Sylvanas and Jaina... but I feel really held back in Hero League without any support to fall back on... should I spend this week learning how to play Uther / Rehgar finally?
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
June 10 2015 00:31 GMT
#110
On June 10 2015 07:11 Wuster wrote:
I really like Sylvanas and Jaina... but I feel really held back in Hero League without any support to fall back on... should I spend this week learning how to play Uther / Rehgar finally?


It's never a bad time to learn a support, just in case you need to fill the spot... but learn Brightwing! She's so fun to play with and arguably the best support right now
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
wongfeihung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States763 Posts
June 15 2015 00:47 GMT
#111
Played Sylvanas for the first time yesterday and I gotta say she is so incredibly fun to play.
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
June 15 2015 12:57 GMT
#112
On June 15 2015 09:47 wongfeihung wrote:
Played Sylvanas for the first time yesterday and I gotta say she is so incredibly broken as hell.


FTFY

Sylvanas is the reason HL needs bans. If a team drafts Sylv and Anub, it's pretty much instant win.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-15 13:06:47
June 15 2015 13:05 GMT
#113
On June 15 2015 21:57 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2015 09:47 wongfeihung wrote:
Played Sylvanas for the first time yesterday and I gotta say she is so incredibly broken as hell.


FTFY

Sylvanas is the reason HL needs bans. If a team drafts Sylv and Anub, it's pretty much instant win.


I agree with the idea of each team banning 1 hero, but who would be in charge of picking that ban? Maybe the last player on each team or some voting thing?

Also, why is Anub + Sylv auto-win? Do they have some sort of godly combo? Sure he got buffed and he's very good, but Anub isn't even the best warrior, let alone in the top three of all heroes...
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 15 2015 13:12 GMT
#114
anub can push really well, and is a tank. Sylvanas can push really well and is an assassin disguised as a specialist. So they bring pushing power to the team while fullfilling other roles. So you could say they are just to good at to much. There are still heroes that counter it though. So no autowin, but can lead to really tough situations if you don't play save.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 15 2015 13:39 GMT
#115
If HL had bans I'd ban Illidan 100%. Either the other team gets an Illidan and he's sponsored by Monster, Red Bull and HyperX all at the same time or my team picks Illidan and he's sponsored by Retards Anonymous.
Wat
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
June 15 2015 13:56 GMT
#116
On June 15 2015 22:12 FeyFey wrote:
anub can push really well, and is a tank. Sylvanas can push really well and is an assassin disguised as a specialist. So they bring pushing power to the team while fullfilling other roles. So you could say they are just to good at to much. There are still heroes that counter it though. So no autowin, but can lead to really tough situations if you don't play save.


Ah gotcha. I don't have much experience with Anub but I do like pushing lanes... and I have a "3 games with Warrior" daily quest to fill
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
June 15 2015 15:57 GMT
#117
On June 15 2015 22:56 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2015 22:12 FeyFey wrote:
anub can push really well, and is a tank. Sylvanas can push really well and is an assassin disguised as a specialist. So they bring pushing power to the team while fullfilling other roles. So you could say they are just to good at to much. There are still heroes that counter it though. So no autowin, but can lead to really tough situations if you don't play save.


Ah gotcha. I don't have much experience with Anub but I do like pushing lanes... and I have a "3 games with Warrior" daily quest to fill


Anub is a sneaky good pusher, on Haunted Mines with a little help staying near their gate, his beetles can drain the ammo before mines opens, as you can imagine that makes the first golem much stronger.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
June 15 2015 17:23 GMT
#118
On June 10 2015 09:31 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2015 07:11 Wuster wrote:
I really like Sylvanas and Jaina... but I feel really held back in Hero League without any support to fall back on... should I spend this week learning how to play Uther / Rehgar finally?


It's never a bad time to learn a support, just in case you need to fill the spot... but learn Brightwing! She's so fun to play with and arguably the best support right now

BW is really fun to play and at the moment maybe my favorite hero.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 15 2015 17:51 GMT
#119
The word on the street from some hip cats is that BW may lose Gust of Healing next patch
Wat
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
June 15 2015 18:19 GMT
#120
On June 16 2015 02:51 Tenks wrote:
The word on the street from some hip cats is that BW may lose Gust of Healing next patch


I don't understand why, she hardly seems OP unless you *only* look at the stat screen. Wouldn't it be better to fix her double self-healing bug first then see if her new squishier-ness balances whatever concerns they have?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko287
SpeCial 77
ProTech38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15597
firebathero 2332
Bisu 1007
Hyuk 656
Horang2 501
Larva 313
BeSt 258
Light 211
Mini 203
EffOrt 148
[ Show more ]
Soma 130
Rush 101
Leta 89
Barracks 78
ZerO 68
Mong 61
Pusan 54
Killer 49
ToSsGirL 42
Sharp 39
Shinee 36
Snow 33
Aegong 31
Mind 29
NaDa 27
Sexy 26
sorry 21
Bale 20
Hm[arnc] 19
zelot 18
Sacsri 16
Noble 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Dota 2
XaKoH 296
Fuzer 181
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss876
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1141
Khaldor1033
Other Games
gofns30388
singsing1935
olofmeister1117
B2W.Neo244
Mew2King84
Livibee65
ArmadaUGS39
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream191
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH121
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 55m
OSC
10h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 55m
Online Event
23h 55m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.