• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:54
CEST 22:54
KST 05:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12787 users

Heroes of the Storm Info and Impressions - Page 6

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
318 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
plgElwood
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany518 Posts
November 09 2013 13:17 GMT
#101
What You want from MoBa: Teamgame and fun.

what you get from Dota2 and LoL: Mindless Minion Slaying to last hit (75% of the time), some teamplay, awful lots of stuff to buy with very few good builds.

what HoS will be: fun and teamplay. YEAH. Gonna go for that. Update your bent beta-profile!
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
November 09 2013 13:24 GMT
#102
I dont understand why this SHOULD be competitive? Don't you have any business head? Blizzard already have starcraft and doing new competitive game would just hurt them. That's why we don't see wc4 soon. + there is already lol and dota2 so heroes could not become equal big.

-this is for FUN.
-You must remember that this was originally upcoming sc2 custom map.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
November 09 2013 13:25 GMT
#103
No lost vikings? No rock n roll racing cars? So disappointing.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-09 13:38:19
November 09 2013 13:27 GMT
#104
I actually like the concept of a purely casual dota like game a lot. I used to play some dota in 2005 or so, then when I tried the dota 2 beta in 2012 all of a sudden everyone was serious and if you had a more easy going attitude about the game there was chaos and you would become a target for hate.

I think Mario Kart is a good example. In Mario Kart there is the skill part of driving and aiming, which might not have as much depth as other racing games but it's still very fun and something you can really try your best at. And if you try your best you will win more often than not, it's just that you're not really punished for failure. I think these type of games have their place and I really feel that the dota genre is more suitable for a casual game like this than a hardcore game like dota2.

I mean, I don't agree with Nintendo's stance on Super Smash and trying to sabotage the competitive aspect of it, but I can easily see why a game studio would not want their game to be a competitive game. I don't think it always contributes to the community. Arena PvP in World of Warcraft didn't seriously contribute to the community imo. Battlegrounds did back when you were playing versus people of your own server, but when they started to bundle servers together it became more boring and you'd stop caring about winning as much. (funny thing about WoW was that before they bundled servers it was very rare for Alliance to win on our server I recall losing 10 games in a row being typical)

Personally I think that competitive mobas are a bit boring (difficult to watch, lack of mechanical skill required, having to memorize a million different items which really makes it more like a trading card game as opposed to a game like chess, and having to deal with team mates which seems annoying to me), but as a casual game they're fun to play occasionally as long as the people you're playing with aren't too frustrating. I still play dota with my brother once every two months and my policy is that the first complaint someone has about me I leave the game, to much annoyance of my brother of course.

I am worried that Blizzard will dumb down the game too much so that it's no longer a fun experience though.There is still a line you can cross after which point you can't actually interact with the game anymore since there are no meaningful choices.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
ObeseHydra
Profile Joined March 2013
Brazil196 Posts
November 09 2013 13:31 GMT
#105
The narrator's voice better be Larry (from Rock'n'Roll Racing); And the vendor, Griswold!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
November 09 2013 13:31 GMT
#106
It looks like it will have far less depth than Dota, or even LoL. Not saying it won't be fun. This is probably a clever call from Blizzard. There's room for Hero Brawl (lol) games too grow, and trying to compete with Dota or LoL directly would be a suicidal marketing decision (unless they are willing to support the game at an even higher level than Valve or Riot do and pump millions and millions of dollars into marketing and tournaments). Going for the casuals seems like a clever move.
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
November 09 2013 13:38 GMT
#107
Experience is shared throughout the team, no matter where you are on the map. You do not get extra experience, or any currency, from last hitting. You get experience while you are dead. Your team will always all be the same level.


This point has me wondering how the game plays? All I can picture is melee heroes not having to put themselves at risk trying to last-hit? That, or the creep waves are basically pointless?

I think Blizzard realised they were too late to the punch a few times in terms of understanding the potential for a MOBA e-sports game. Heroes seems way more casual based. Also, that cinematic was the worst Blizzard cinematic I have ever seen.
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
Deleted User 26513
Profile Joined February 2007
2376 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-09 13:53:59
November 09 2013 13:52 GMT
#108
I think Blizzard is doing everything the right way now. First they are making the game fun to play and then care about the other stuff (much like Hearthstone).
I'm not worried that skilled players wont be able to "carry" their team. If someone is that good he can always outplay the opponent in team fights or outmaneuver them on the map. Farming creeps and buying items was never a skill in first place.

And THANK GOD they didn't make another 2-3-4 lane, farm the creeps, kill the towers game... It's getting kinda old.
Farmer Poopy
Profile Joined October 2011
258 Posts
November 09 2013 13:54 GMT
#109
On November 09 2013 22:38 Dubag wrote:
Show nested quote +
Experience is shared throughout the team, no matter where you are on the map. You do not get extra experience, or any currency, from last hitting. You get experience while you are dead. Your team will always all be the same level.


This point has me wondering how the game plays? All I can picture is melee heroes not having to put themselves at risk trying to last-hit? That, or the creep waves are basically pointless?

I think Blizzard realised they were too late to the punch a few times in terms of understanding the potential for a MOBA e-sports game. Heroes seems way more casual based. Also, that cinematic was the worst Blizzard cinematic I have ever seen.


I think they are trying to make it more realistic in the sense that, if you were some sort of captain of a small platoon (creep wave) you wouldn't just sit directly next to them, wait until they are in their dying breaths, and then finish his enemy off, who is mortally injured (cs) and finish off maybe even your own soldiers (deny).

The turrets also have some sort of limit on shots they can fire (until they restock) so I think the idea in lane is jsut that you want to push the wave as hard as possible to take down their tower and push the wave to their base.

I feel like this is reinforced with the mercenaries coming to help your creeps if you kill jungle creeps, and killing the skeletons underground on that other map to get a super strong creep to push mid lane for you.
Ravensong170
Profile Joined June 2012
United States858 Posts
November 09 2013 14:00 GMT
#110
I think the most important unanswered question is whether blizzard will add characters from their other franchises. ie. the lost vikings. cause that was the first video game I ever played. they had the lost vikings as three mini bosses in a instance in wow(I forget which one. it was in a pre 60 one.) cause having erik baleog and olaf would be sick. I would play the shit out of them.
"what a terrible ass game, we should all kill ourselves." -EE-Sama
CrankOut
Profile Joined November 2013
187 Posts
November 09 2013 14:00 GMT
#111
Why is this on community news? This has nothing to do with SC2...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 09 2013 14:08 GMT
#112
My problem with this is that it seems like everyone needs to be on the same page more than other MOBAs for objective control, and if DotA and League are any indication, pub teams are not going to be coordinated enough to make it fun. One jackoff farming bot while you're trying to do skeletons or one guy getting bored with defending the bottom capture point and killing minions seems much more fatal than it would in the others.
NapkinBox
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States314 Posts
November 09 2013 14:21 GMT
#113
On November 09 2013 22:38 Dubag wrote:
Show nested quote +
Experience is shared throughout the team, no matter where you are on the map. You do not get extra experience, or any currency, from last hitting. You get experience while you are dead. Your team will always all be the same level.


This point has me wondering how the game plays? All I can picture is melee heroes not having to put themselves at risk trying to last-hit? That, or the creep waves are basically pointless?

I think Blizzard realised they were too late to the punch a few times in terms of understanding the potential for a MOBA e-sports game. Heroes seems way more casual based. Also, that cinematic was the worst Blizzard cinematic I have ever seen.


I'm starting to imagine DotaHotS is going to become a massive Deathball-Pushing game. How does the jungle camps work? You kill them and then they start pushing with your lane creeps, right? And their "Roshan" becomes your massive boss creep ally to push with you. Towers have ammo so after a few hits, the tower just goes afk and becomes useless. What I really like about the tower ammo is that it keeps the "You protect tower" aspect of Dota, whereas LoL has the very passive "Tower protects you".

I believe the thing DotaHotS has going for is that it certainly encourages being out of your lane, dominate the jungle, constant engagements, and constant pushing. Also, I remember Browder saying back when the game was still called Blizzard Dota, games can vary from less than 10 minutes to an hour.

What I really don't like about it is the lack of items. That cuts the amount of depth from character dynamics and progression. Are there any pictures of that skill tree? I can't find any anywhere so I can't really judge anything more.

So far, when it comes to its core mechanics, I believe DotaHotS is going the right way and taking the more fun aspects and philosophy of the MOBA genre and makes me wonder if the people at Blizzard plays more Dota than LoL.

Also, I keep saying DotaHotS cuz I'll start thinking about SC2 otherwise.

Oh, and about a potential competitive scene, I just accept that any game, whether it is designed with competition in mind or made specifically for casuals, can have a dedicated eSports scene if the fans and resources are there.
"Who has the best durability feat in all of comic book superheroes?" "Aquaman surviving pop culture."
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
November 09 2013 14:34 GMT
#114
On November 09 2013 22:31 Acrofales wrote:
It looks like it will have far less depth than Dota, or even LoL. Not saying it won't be fun. This is probably a clever call from Blizzard. There's room for Hero Brawl (lol) games too grow, and trying to compete with Dota or LoL directly would be a suicidal marketing decision (unless they are willing to support the game at an even higher level than Valve or Riot do and pump millions and millions of dollars into marketing and tournaments). Going for the casuals seems like a clever move.


On November 09 2013 22:52 Pr0wler wrote:
I think Blizzard is doing everything the right way now. First they are making the game fun to play and then care about the other stuff (much like Hearthstone).
I'm not worried that skilled players wont be able to "carry" their team. If someone is that good he can always outplay the opponent in team fights or outmaneuver them on the map. Farming creeps and buying items was never a skill in first place.

And THANK GOD they didn't make another 2-3-4 lane, farm the creeps, kill the towers game... It's getting kinda old.



I agree. My take on it is that Blizzard needs to find their own niche, their own edge, not just try to become the next LoL or DotA2. That's a pointless uphill battle when those games are already serving just fine.
Moonsalt
Profile Joined May 2011
267 Posts
November 09 2013 14:46 GMT
#115
"Starcraft 2: Heroes of the Storm". Seriously out of all the names they picked that one....
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
November 09 2013 14:57 GMT
#116
On November 09 2013 23:21 NapkinBox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 22:38 Dubag wrote:
Experience is shared throughout the team, no matter where you are on the map. You do not get extra experience, or any currency, from last hitting. You get experience while you are dead. Your team will always all be the same level.


This point has me wondering how the game plays? All I can picture is melee heroes not having to put themselves at risk trying to last-hit? That, or the creep waves are basically pointless?

I think Blizzard realised they were too late to the punch a few times in terms of understanding the potential for a MOBA e-sports game. Heroes seems way more casual based. Also, that cinematic was the worst Blizzard cinematic I have ever seen.


I'm starting to imagine DotaHotS is going to become a massive Deathball-Pushing game. How does the jungle camps work? You kill them and then they start pushing with your lane creeps, right? And their "Roshan" becomes your massive boss creep ally to push with you. Towers have ammo so after a few hits, the tower just goes afk and becomes useless. What I really like about the tower ammo is that it keeps the "You protect tower" aspect of Dota, whereas LoL has the very passive "Tower protects you".

I believe the thing DotaHotS has going for is that it certainly encourages being out of your lane, dominate the jungle, constant engagements, and constant pushing. Also, I remember Browder saying back when the game was still called Blizzard Dota, games can vary from less than 10 minutes to an hour.

What I really don't like about it is the lack of items. That cuts the amount of depth from character dynamics and progression. Are there any pictures of that skill tree? I can't find any anywhere so I can't really judge anything more.

So far, when it comes to its core mechanics, I believe DotaHotS is going the right way and taking the more fun aspects and philosophy of the MOBA genre and makes me wonder if the people at Blizzard plays more Dota than LoL.

Also, I keep saying DotaHotS cuz I'll start thinking about SC2 otherwise.

Oh, and about a potential competitive scene, I just accept that any game, whether it is designed with competition in mind or made specifically for casuals, can have a dedicated eSports scene if the fans and resources are there.

Say Heroes coz that's what Blizzard is saying.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Epamynondas
Profile Joined September 2012
387 Posts
November 09 2013 14:57 GMT
#117
On November 09 2013 23:08 deth2munkies wrote:
My problem with this is that it seems like everyone needs to be on the same page more than other MOBAs for objective control, and if DotA and League are any indication, pub teams are not going to be coordinated enough to make it fun. One jackoff farming bot while you're trying to do skeletons or one guy getting bored with defending the bottom capture point and killing minions seems much more fatal than it would in the others.


Except nobody wants to be alone farming bot in this game because it doesn't help them in any way.


I feel like this game will be really fun because of this no gold/shared EXP thing. Whereas other Hero Brawlers kinda force you to get strong by yourself through farming in this game you are actually encouraged to get objectives with your team, since it's the only way to become stronger yourself.

Aside from other gameplay aspects I feel like this alone will create an environment where teamplay is much easier to achieve. Not to mention that since the focus of the game is not competitive whatsoever there should be much less ragers (I hope).


I'm excited as frick about this game.
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
November 09 2013 15:03 GMT
#118
One thing that continues to amuse me is Dustin Browder's ability to use terminology that's not quite the norm.
Bumblebee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3237 Posts
November 09 2013 15:14 GMT
#119
Are they defending Gryffindor?
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/heyoka/HeroesoftheSwarm/BlizzConGallery/25 - 5SSaHxZ_thumb.jpg
There is no difference between a knight and any other man aside from what he wears. @robinnymann
xAdra
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore1858 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-09 15:25:58
November 09 2013 15:19 GMT
#120
On November 09 2013 22:09 Dreamsmasher2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 21:40 75 wrote:
(i have no experience in MOBA games)

but this game seems to be very casual with teamexp and no lasthitting.
but tbh, i have never seen LoL/DotA as competive.
we will have to wait how this will go.


you aint missing much. I dont find moba/arts very entertaining to watch

That would be your opinion, don't go around telling others as if it's a fact. I find watching Dota 2 more entertaining than sc2.

On November 09 2013 23:00 CrankOut wrote:
Why is this on community news? This has nothing to do with SC2...

Oh yay, another person that's gonna complain about a line of text offending their eyes.

I initially felt like vomitting when I read that Blizzard wasn't going to cater to hardcore E-sports.
But after some thought, it might just work. I have many friends who are in my clique, yet some of us don't play dota, and some of us do. We'd love to play together when in cybercafes- after all, a dota inhouse with 10 skilled friends can be one of the most fun experiences in gaming. However, the skill floor for these games are too high sometimes.

With a super casual game like this it may be easier to play together in a cybercafe, with me using Zeratul/Tassadar to kill their WoW characters. Sounds awesome and promising, I hope it will all work out.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18986
Calm 2090
Shuttle 329
White-Ra 175
Mini 169
ZZZero.O 141
firebathero 76
soO 12
Sacsri 7
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1552
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5105
Liquid`Hasu617
Other Games
summit1g8326
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN1922
fl0m1308
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax216
IndyStarCraft 210
Livibee184
Mew2King59
ToD39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick947
BasetradeTV252
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 27
• musti20045 2
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki38
• blackmanpl 26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1401
• Shiphtur553
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 7m
Replay Cast
2h 7m
OSC
15h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.