• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:18
CEST 09:18
KST 16:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9396 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 443

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 441 442 443 444 445 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
June 18 2015 02:54 GMT
#8841
On June 17 2015 18:21 Eviscerador wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 14:21 Valiver wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:15 lestye wrote:
I'm glad we're getting a Diablo support, but jesus tap dancing Christ can we please get a D2 hero?

I have a fear someones going to confront Dustin Browder about adding Amazon, and he's going to say something dunb like they cant add her because she'd conflict with Nova's skin silouette.

Same here but for Maiev Shadowsong since they have Warden Tyrande.

And here I am, waiting for Fenix as a melee brawler (zealot) or ranged specialist (dragoon), and the epic quotes he had in SC:BW


I think Fenix's trait should be alternating between zealot and dragoon form each death.
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
June 18 2015 03:34 GMT
#8842
On June 18 2015 11:54 Ansinjunger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 18:21 Eviscerador wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:21 Valiver wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:15 lestye wrote:
I'm glad we're getting a Diablo support, but jesus tap dancing Christ can we please get a D2 hero?

I have a fear someones going to confront Dustin Browder about adding Amazon, and he's going to say something dunb like they cant add her because she'd conflict with Nova's skin silouette.

Same here but for Maiev Shadowsong since they have Warden Tyrande.

And here I am, waiting for Fenix as a melee brawler (zealot) or ranged specialist (dragoon), and the epic quotes he had in SC:BW


I think Fenix's trait should be alternating between zealot and dragoon form each death.


I thought about that and thought it was pretty cool.

Then I thought about all the noobs suiciding cause "they like the dragoon better" and then hoped for it to never happen.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
METATERREN
Profile Blog Joined June 2015
71 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 04:15:01
June 18 2015 04:13 GMT
#8843
One of his heroic abilities could permanently dragoonize him

May be too much like creating two heroes to be worth it for blizz
@METATERREN
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
June 18 2015 05:39 GMT
#8844
On June 18 2015 10:29 mierin wrote:
Whomever mentioned Fenix...holy shit why has that not been considered before? We could have a hero with 2 different yet cool talent choices...


It's been considered by everyone. I actually ran a poll through the larger hero suggestion threats on Bnet and turned up Fenix as the most requested hero at nearly double number 2. (Imperius, if you're curious.)

I'm ok if there's a Zealot form, but I could take it or leave it. Dragoon is mandatory however. We'll have plenty of Zealots with Artanis and Selendis and whoever else from LOTV. Dragoon has only one viable candidate.
Eviscerador
Profile Joined October 2011
Spain286 Posts
June 18 2015 07:14 GMT
#8845
On June 18 2015 14:39 Yoav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 10:29 mierin wrote:
Whomever mentioned Fenix...holy shit why has that not been considered before? We could have a hero with 2 different yet cool talent choices...


It's been considered by everyone. I actually ran a poll through the larger hero suggestion threats on Bnet and turned up Fenix as the most requested hero at nearly double number 2. (Imperius, if you're curious.)

I'm ok if there's a Zealot form, but I could take it or leave it. Dragoon is mandatory however. We'll have plenty of Zealots with Artanis and Selendis and whoever else from LOTV. Dragoon has only one viable candidate.

Technically Artanis is the second High/Dark templar after Tassadar, and since Tassadar uses their high templar model, we can say that he will be the first one.

Selendis is a high templar, not a zealot.

I think we can still have a zealot brawler in the game, and Fenix is the perfect choice for that.

BUT

The most canonical form of Fenix is in his dragoon, so I'm a bit of confused here...

What I saw in the video was a zergling in the "final brawl" scene. Currently iirc none of the zerg heroes uses any kind of zergling attack, so can we expect a zergling heroe?
A victorious warrior wins first, then goes to war. A defeated warrior goes to war and then seeks to win.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 18 2015 07:21 GMT
#8846
On June 18 2015 16:14 Eviscerador wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 14:39 Yoav wrote:
On June 18 2015 10:29 mierin wrote:
Whomever mentioned Fenix...holy shit why has that not been considered before? We could have a hero with 2 different yet cool talent choices...


It's been considered by everyone. I actually ran a poll through the larger hero suggestion threats on Bnet and turned up Fenix as the most requested hero at nearly double number 2. (Imperius, if you're curious.)

I'm ok if there's a Zealot form, but I could take it or leave it. Dragoon is mandatory however. We'll have plenty of Zealots with Artanis and Selendis and whoever else from LOTV. Dragoon has only one viable candidate.

What I saw in the video was a zergling in the "final brawl" scene. Currently iirc none of the zerg heroes uses any kind of zergling attack, so can we expect a zergling heroe?

Kerrigan's talent Impaling Swarm summons zerglings, so they are already in the game.
Writer
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
June 18 2015 07:48 GMT
#8847
On June 18 2015 16:14 Eviscerador wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 14:39 Yoav wrote:
On June 18 2015 10:29 mierin wrote:
Whomever mentioned Fenix...holy shit why has that not been considered before? We could have a hero with 2 different yet cool talent choices...


It's been considered by everyone. I actually ran a poll through the larger hero suggestion threats on Bnet and turned up Fenix as the most requested hero at nearly double number 2. (Imperius, if you're curious.)

I'm ok if there's a Zealot form, but I could take it or leave it. Dragoon is mandatory however. We'll have plenty of Zealots with Artanis and Selendis and whoever else from LOTV. Dragoon has only one viable candidate.

Technically Artanis is the second High/Dark templar after Tassadar, and since Tassadar uses their high templar model, we can say that he will be the first one.

Selendis is a high templar, not a zealot.

I think we can still have a zealot brawler in the game, and Fenix is the perfect choice for that.

BUT

The most canonical form of Fenix is in his dragoon, so I'm a bit of confused here...

What I saw in the video was a zergling in the "final brawl" scene. Currently iirc none of the zerg heroes uses any kind of zergling attack, so can we expect a zergling heroe?


Artanis and Selendis both fight with dual psi-blades. (Technically, 1 psi 1 void for Artanis.) Selendis is famous in the fiction as a Zealot warrior, and is the obvious choice for a pure Zealot. Artanis will probably be a melee caster of some kind, acting as a Dark/High hybrid (maybe somewhere between Tassadar and Zeratul in style?).

+ Show Spoiler +

For an idea of both Artanis and Selendis' combat styles, see this. Artanis throughout, Selendis particularly at 1:26.


Fenix is famous as a Dragoon. You see him as a Zealot in what... two missions?
Eviscerador
Profile Joined October 2011
Spain286 Posts
June 18 2015 08:55 GMT
#8848
On June 18 2015 16:48 Yoav wrote:

Artanis and Selendis both fight with dual psi-blades. (Technically, 1 psi 1 void for Artanis.) Selendis is famous in the fiction as a Zealot warrior, and is the obvious choice for a pure Zealot. Artanis will probably be a melee caster of some kind, acting as a Dark/High hybrid (maybe somewhere between Tassadar and Zeratul in style?).

+ Show Spoiler +

For an idea of both Artanis and Selendis' combat styles, see this. Artanis throughout, Selendis particularly at 1:26.


Fenix is famous as a Dragoon. You see him as a Zealot in what... two missions?


Technically in 3, but I get your point.

I don't know about Selendis and Artanis. It is obvious that any High templar or executor can still use their psi blades, but in lore it was always said that they don't do that because they don't have to, since their Khala powers are much more powerful than a mere psi blade.

But it looks like the current "badassery" trend in every game is making them going full "rtard" and fighting CC with everything, just because it looks cool.

I miss Tassadar so much...

TL:DR: I would like to have a pure zealot brawler, instead of an Executor/Hierarch using psi blades. But any other SC hero will be good anyway. I think we already have enough fantasy heroes, we need more starcraft ones!
A victorious warrior wins first, then goes to war. A defeated warrior goes to war and then seeks to win.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 09:49:55
June 18 2015 09:49 GMT
#8849
So will they nerf Kael'thas or will he be the Dr.Boom of heroes of the storm? Now that I can finally play him since he's free he feels just as OP when playing with him then when playing against him. His burst is way too high for this game. And phoenix and flamestrike have sick range as well.
Neosteel Enthusiast
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
June 18 2015 10:45 GMT
#8850
On June 18 2015 18:49 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
So will they nerf Kael'thas or will he be the Dr.Boom of heroes of the storm? Now that I can finally play him since he's free he feels just as OP when playing with him then when playing against him. His burst is way too high for this game. And phoenix and flamestrike have sick range as well.

I'm also hoping it doesn't follow the hearthstone mentality of releasing new cards that may well be flat out better than previous ones and having old cards that are just plain for the sake of being bad.
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
June 18 2015 12:16 GMT
#8851
On June 18 2015 19:45 Roe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 18:49 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
So will they nerf Kael'thas or will he be the Dr.Boom of heroes of the storm? Now that I can finally play him since he's free he feels just as OP when playing with him then when playing against him. His burst is way too high for this game. And phoenix and flamestrike have sick range as well.

I'm also hoping it doesn't follow the hearthstone mentality of releasing new cards that may well be flat out better than previous ones and having old cards that are just plain for the sake of being bad.

Releasing new heroes that are better than the old ones will happen, "power creep" happens in MOBAs quite often. The thing is, patches in MOBAs are a lot more frequent and it is easy to buff, nerf, change and even completely remake some hero so I am not too worried. Sylvanna and Kael'Thas will probably be getting nerfs while some others will be buffed. I remember a period where Anub`Arak was considered one of the worst Warriors and now he has the best win-ration(out of all heroes, not just Warriors) and is seen in almost every game, while Stitches was the complete opposite.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 18 2015 13:20 GMT
#8852
On June 18 2015 12:34 [Phantom] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 11:54 Ansinjunger wrote:
On June 17 2015 18:21 Eviscerador wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:21 Valiver wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:15 lestye wrote:
I'm glad we're getting a Diablo support, but jesus tap dancing Christ can we please get a D2 hero?

I have a fear someones going to confront Dustin Browder about adding Amazon, and he's going to say something dunb like they cant add her because she'd conflict with Nova's skin silouette.

Same here but for Maiev Shadowsong since they have Warden Tyrande.

And here I am, waiting for Fenix as a melee brawler (zealot) or ranged specialist (dragoon), and the epic quotes he had in SC:BW


I think Fenix's trait should be alternating between zealot and dragoon form each death.


I thought about that and thought it was pretty cool.

Then I thought about all the noobs suiciding cause "they like the dragoon better" and then hoped for it to never happen.


I think it would work better if Fenix when he died in Zealot form rezzed temporarily as a dragoon. Almost like Uther's trait.
Wat
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 18 2015 13:21 GMT
#8853
On June 18 2015 18:49 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
So will they nerf Kael'thas or will he be the Dr.Boom of heroes of the storm? Now that I can finally play him since he's free he feels just as OP when playing with him then when playing against him. His burst is way too high for this game. And phoenix and flamestrike have sick range as well.


Though I still feel KT should get his flamethrower talent nerfed I feel people are becoming more aware of him and how to counter him. Just going hard initiate against him kind of ruins his day. The problem is you rarely see the likes of Tyrael too often in HL since he's considered mid tier.
Wat
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 18 2015 19:04 GMT
#8854
New Hero and Skin development video:
Writer
LaughingTulkas
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1107 Posts
June 18 2015 19:08 GMT
#8855
On June 19 2015 04:04 Valiver wrote:
New Hero and Skin development video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUaDaZj3PE4


No amazon in game confirmed.
"I love noobies, they're so happy." -Chill
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 18 2015 20:03 GMT
#8856
well the picture of nova as an amazon floated around since some time now x3 . They can always add a more muscular amazon though.
But I want the D1 Rogue in her t3 armor !
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
June 18 2015 20:56 GMT
#8857
On June 18 2015 22:20 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 12:34 [Phantom] wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:54 Ansinjunger wrote:
On June 17 2015 18:21 Eviscerador wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:21 Valiver wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:15 lestye wrote:
I'm glad we're getting a Diablo support, but jesus tap dancing Christ can we please get a D2 hero?

I have a fear someones going to confront Dustin Browder about adding Amazon, and he's going to say something dunb like they cant add her because she'd conflict with Nova's skin silouette.

Same here but for Maiev Shadowsong since they have Warden Tyrande.

And here I am, waiting for Fenix as a melee brawler (zealot) or ranged specialist (dragoon), and the epic quotes he had in SC:BW


I think Fenix's trait should be alternating between zealot and dragoon form each death.


I thought about that and thought it was pretty cool.

Then I thought about all the noobs suiciding cause "they like the dragoon better" and then hoped for it to never happen.


I think it would work better if Fenix when he died in Zealot form rezzed temporarily as a dragoon. Almost like Uther's trait.


I really think they should try to make trait less deaths related... You don't want to be "punished" for almost never dying in a game.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
June 18 2015 21:01 GMT
#8858
On June 19 2015 05:56 sM.Zik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 22:20 Tenks wrote:
On June 18 2015 12:34 [Phantom] wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:54 Ansinjunger wrote:
On June 17 2015 18:21 Eviscerador wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:21 Valiver wrote:
On June 17 2015 14:15 lestye wrote:
I'm glad we're getting a Diablo support, but jesus tap dancing Christ can we please get a D2 hero?

I have a fear someones going to confront Dustin Browder about adding Amazon, and he's going to say something dunb like they cant add her because she'd conflict with Nova's skin silouette.

Same here but for Maiev Shadowsong since they have Warden Tyrande.

And here I am, waiting for Fenix as a melee brawler (zealot) or ranged specialist (dragoon), and the epic quotes he had in SC:BW


I think Fenix's trait should be alternating between zealot and dragoon form each death.


I thought about that and thought it was pretty cool.

Then I thought about all the noobs suiciding cause "they like the dragoon better" and then hoped for it to never happen.


I think it would work better if Fenix when he died in Zealot form rezzed temporarily as a dragoon. Almost like Uther's trait.


I really think they should try to make trait less deaths related... You don't want to be "punished" for almost never dying in a game.


Definitely, although I'll make an exception for the Sk's trait that one sounds pretty neat. They should just release Fenix the Zealot one week, then Fenix the Dragoon the next week to placate everyone (maybe with a SC2 themed map in between where we can imagine him fighting and 'dying' on first).
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 18 2015 21:53 GMT
#8859
I like the mechanic where you have to decide if its good to die or stay alive. Shouldn't be overdone though. Fenix will get an ultimate like robo goblin and if he dies past 10 he turns into a Dragoon for the rest of the game .
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4389 Posts
June 18 2015 22:08 GMT
#8860
I played my first game as KT just now...god I feel dirty...
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Prev 1 441 442 443 444 445 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 334
Leta 125
Dewaltoss 111
sSak 53
Bale 33
Aegong 29
ZergMaN 28
NotJumperer 28
Noble 10
yabsab 10
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 566
Reynor39
Other Games
summit1g10453
olofmeister212
Sick204
Nina77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1379
• Stunt525
• Jankos469
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 42m
Replay Cast
15h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.