• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8251 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 128

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
September 26 2014 11:00 GMT
#2541
On September 26 2014 19:44 Serejai wrote:
WWW.hotslogs.com


...well that could get interesting if somebody mistypes accidentally.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
September 26 2014 19:36 GMT
#2542
Hotslogs MMR system is pretty random imo.

It's really hard to measure atm when you are getting better, it's mostly a "feel". You start noticing things you never noticed, picking certain high priority particles out to dodge, you start anticipating what the enemy will do, etc.

It's sort of this state of awareness you will eventually hit, and sorry my explanation sucks, but that's the only way I can describe it.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
September 26 2014 19:53 GMT
#2543
I forgot to mention it here yesterday, but we interviewed sheth, and i figured people in this thread might care.

On September 27 2014 04:36 Diamond wrote:
Hotslogs MMR system is pretty random imo.

It's really hard to measure atm when you are getting better, it's mostly a "feel". You start noticing things you never noticed, picking certain high priority particles out to dodge, you start anticipating what the enemy will do, etc.

It's sort of this state of awareness you will eventually hit, and sorry my explanation sucks, but that's the only way I can describe it.


Honestly the biggest sign of improvement for me is when you stop dying stupid deaths. It means that you get how positioning works, which I think is super important in this game.
Moderator
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
September 26 2014 22:42 GMT
#2544
Does anyone know of a website that is offering up to date guides/builds/etc? I've seen a couple here and there but they seem outdated- showing skills that have been changed/removed(?).
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
September 26 2014 23:18 GMT
#2545
On September 27 2014 04:53 GMarshal wrote:
I forgot to mention it here yesterday, but we interviewed sheth, and i figured people in this thread might care.

Show nested quote +
On September 27 2014 04:36 Diamond wrote:
Hotslogs MMR system is pretty random imo.

It's really hard to measure atm when you are getting better, it's mostly a "feel". You start noticing things you never noticed, picking certain high priority particles out to dodge, you start anticipating what the enemy will do, etc.

It's sort of this state of awareness you will eventually hit, and sorry my explanation sucks, but that's the only way I can describe it.


Honestly the biggest sign of improvement for me is when you stop dying stupid deaths. It means that you get how positioning works, which I think is super important in this game.

Read through it all before, nice, didn't know he found another game he could play. Sick. Really want to get slightly more invested in Heroes now, haha. Been playing off and on and I really like Tassadar (Because storm good spell in sc2.. :D)
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#2546
Last day before the beta goes down for a couple weeks, anyone down?
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
September 30 2014 21:27 GMT
#2547
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.
Moderator
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
September 30 2014 21:41 GMT
#2548
Damn, no real experience. Might apply sometime though. Would need to boost my knowledge a slight amount. That said, I can wait the week it goes down to play some other games for now.
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 30 2014 22:09 GMT
#2549
I can do it. I have a lot to say about this game, and more specifically the players I encounter along my journey!
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
wongfeihung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States763 Posts
September 30 2014 22:36 GMT
#2550
This sucks. I might have to pick up Diablo again.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 30 2014 23:43 GMT
#2551
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-02 18:53:30
October 02 2014 18:52 GMT
#2552
On October 01 2014 07:09 Serejai wrote:
I can do it. I have a lot to say about this game, and more specifically the players I encounter along my journey!


No one wants to hear your horrible whining about teammates.

Cool that TL expanding a bit into Heroes, if you need someone to say controversial things often, hit me up GMashal.

On October 01 2014 08:43 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.


Could not disagree with this more. You should hear the things top teams have figured out.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 02 2014 19:27 GMT
#2553
On October 03 2014 03:52 Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2014 07:09 Serejai wrote:
I can do it. I have a lot to say about this game, and more specifically the players I encounter along my journey!


No one wants to hear your horrible whining about teammates.

Cool that TL expanding a bit into Heroes, if you need someone to say controversial things often, hit me up GMashal.

Show nested quote +
On October 01 2014 08:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.


Could not disagree with this more. You should hear the things top teams have figured out.


Would love to, problem is no one's fucking talking. Anyone on a "real team" is keeping it to themselves for now, and nobody not on one of those teams has anything really cognizable to say because solo queue is solo queue.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
October 02 2014 19:37 GMT
#2554
Yea ESV for one is planning to release much more informational stuff when the severs are up. Right now hard to do it with no example.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Yacobs
Profile Joined March 2010
United States846 Posts
October 02 2014 20:14 GMT
#2555
On October 01 2014 07:36 wongfeihung wrote:
This sucks. I might have to pick up Diablo again.


Or maybe expand your horizons beyond the game roster of a single multi-billion dollar corporation?
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
October 03 2014 13:05 GMT
#2556
On October 01 2014 08:43 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/468296-esv-championship-series-grand-finals-preview

You can do some number crunching
Moderator
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-03 13:54:20
October 03 2014 13:52 GMT
#2557
On October 03 2014 22:05 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2014 08:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/468296-esv-championship-series-grand-finals-preview

You can do some number crunching

They're assuming 5v5 will be enabled, which is likely but not confirmed.

That and the game has changed so much since they last played that tournament that the stats are borderline useless.
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-03 13:55:03
October 03 2014 13:54 GMT
#2558
On October 03 2014 22:52 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 22:05 GMarshal wrote:
On October 01 2014 08:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/468296-esv-championship-series-grand-finals-preview

You can do some number crunching

They're assuming 5v5 will be enabled, which is likely but not confirmed.

The games have already been played, and will be casted from replay. Only the ten players know the result.
Also they last played that tournament about a week ago, so not a lot has changed since then...
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 03 2014 14:06 GMT
#2559
On October 03 2014 22:54 Yorkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 22:52 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:05 GMarshal wrote:
On October 01 2014 08:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/468296-esv-championship-series-grand-finals-preview

You can do some number crunching

They're assuming 5v5 will be enabled, which is likely but not confirmed.

The games have already been played, and will be casted from replay. Only the ten players know the result.
Also they last played that tournament about a week ago, so not a lot has changed since then...


So is there some kind of tournament server or are they just spamming ladder all day trying to hit?
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
October 03 2014 14:08 GMT
#2560
On October 03 2014 23:06 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 22:54 Yorkie wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:52 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:05 GMarshal wrote:
On October 01 2014 08:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 01 2014 06:27 GMarshal wrote:
Since alpha is down, I figured I'd throw a recruitment pitch here. If anyone is super into Heroes and wants to help the TL coverage team write, we can always, always use more people. Shoot me a PM with what you want to do and a sample of your work, and we'll see about getting you on the team.


See I don't know about this. As of right now there's really just subjective opinions. The game is constantly changing, there's no number crunching, there's no statistics on games, there's no real teams, no real tournaments, no real anything to write much about. I don't even think you could write a comprehensible article on strategy without being on some kind of informal team.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/468296-esv-championship-series-grand-finals-preview

You can do some number crunching

They're assuming 5v5 will be enabled, which is likely but not confirmed.

The games have already been played, and will be casted from replay. Only the ten players know the result.
Also they last played that tournament about a week ago, so not a lot has changed since then...


So is there some kind of tournament server or are they just spamming ladder all day trying to hit?

They just queue as a team at the same time as their opponents. Their MMRs are so high that most likely they'll run into each other. Since there's no spectator mode all games are casted from replay soon after the games are played. For the finals the delay is longer since the alpha went down and they had to rush to get the games finished
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 60
MindelVK 24
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
byalli807
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38078
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Happy57
Trikslyr45
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV493
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1355
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
OSC
9h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 51m
OSC
22h 51m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.