• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7621 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 126

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
September 18 2014 20:22 GMT
#2501
In League, the neutral camps used to be able to be 'leashed', where you could switch agro back and forth near the end of the leash (say, on the other side of a wall) and the monster would never get a hit on the one attacking it. They fixed that a while back, though.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
September 18 2014 21:15 GMT
#2502
On September 19 2014 01:38 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2014 00:50 ComaDose wrote:
On September 19 2014 00:44 Serejai wrote:
On September 19 2014 00:14 ComaDose wrote:
Why are some of you talking like leashing is when they walk home and heal up cause you are too far away from their spawn/not visible?


Because that's the exact definition of leashing...

A mob becomes "leashed" when it returns back to spawn and heals up. The term originates because it's essentially like putting a dog on a leash; they can only walk but so far. It's been used in MMOs for decades now, so someone should probably tell the League of Legends players they're using it incorrectly.

learn something new everyday, often people say "leash this for me" meaning to start it up and help them with it.


Yeah, I don't know why that term is used that way in LoL. That would be called "assisting" :D

Some common terms get really misused in games, though. I cringe every time I hear someone talking about stutter stepping in World of Warcraft when what they are really doing is kiting, or says we "instagibbed" a raid boss because it died on the first attempt.


The one that always gets me is when Dark Souls players say "1-shotted" to mean, "Killed on the first attempt" rather than "Killed in one hit."
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-18 21:30:22
September 18 2014 21:28 GMT
#2503
8 game losing streak, mostly to just weird, weird team comps. Like, how does Abathur, Murky, Nova (me), Valla, Zeratul ever beat Tyreal, Brightwing, Illidan, Valla, Abathur?
On September 19 2014 05:22 jtype wrote:
In League, the neutral camps used to be able to be 'leashed', where you could switch agro back and forth near the end of the leash (say, on the other side of a wall) and the monster would never get a hit on the one attacking it. They fixed that a while back, though.

More specifically, the AI dropped its target if it moved out of its maximum attack range without leashing. If you went back and forth over the line faster than the attack animation, it would just keep swapping targets and never finish an attack.
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
September 18 2014 21:32 GMT
#2504
Can I please get some alpha already Blizzard I just want to play Abathur and Illidan.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
September 19 2014 05:09 GMT
#2505
I swear.... this moba stuff is frustrating as all get out. I have NO clue how a MOBA is supposed to be played proper.......... very frustrating.

I made Masters SC2 with 2/3 races. I'm not stupid, but I am VERY ignorant about what is the right way to play a MOBA.

/rage!!

any advice to know that I'm at least on the right track?
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 19 2014 10:41 GMT
#2506
The right way to play Heroes is to queue with four friends. You can't really learn anything in solo queue because this game is all about team fights and those don't happen in pub matches.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-19 13:42:53
September 19 2014 13:40 GMT
#2507
On September 18 2014 23:29 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2014 16:50 paralleluniverse wrote:
On September 17 2014 23:23 Plansix wrote:
On September 17 2014 23:15 paralleluniverse wrote:
On September 17 2014 22:54 Plansix wrote:
The metric of "number of clicks required" as a measurement of skill is as pointless as claiming the number of time the ball bounces in a game dictates how hard the game is. Playing the harp is not more or less challenging than playing the guitar or flute.

Competitive games are hard because there is another person on the other side trying to beat you with the same tool set you have. The game doesn't make the game hard, your opponents do.

So now you finally accept by argument as fact, despite having relentlessly bashed me for it a month ago? I completely agree with every word here.

No, because your arguments suck and you use useless, made up graphs to attempt to prove the point that Dota and LoL are "flawed games". Your argument went much further to the point where you would argue the kazoo is as difficult to play as the flute or guitar.

No. That's not what I did and I specifically stated that the argument only applies to competitive games, of which playing the kazoo or flute or guitar is not.

You stated "The game doesn't make the game hard, your opponents do", this is exactly my argument and is correct. Game mechanics don't make games hard, as you admit, so removing mechanics from HotS or adding mechanics to Dota 2, would not make the game easier or harder, respectively, as you correctly admit. This is because competitive games are always as hard as your opponent, as you also correctly admit. So what we have here is you being unable to bring yourself to admit that I'm right, while repeating exactly my argument.

"The game doesn't make the game hard, your opponents do".



If your argument is the same as mine, then you did such a poor job explaining it no one was able to tell. I summed it up in two paragraphs, while you took pages upon pages with useless, fake graphs to try an prove your point. The bashing you receive has less to do with the point your trying to make and more to do with how you make it.

Also you said Riki and Ursa were OP in dota 2, which is a super noob thing to say.
Oh, suddenly what I said was correct, but it was how I said it that was a problem now.... No, stop trying to rewrite history. You and a whole bunch of other Dota 2 players disagreed to the point of having an insane seething hatred of me, because the fact that "The game doesn't make the game hard, your opponents do" implied the completely unacceptable conclusion that Dota 2 is not harder than HotS. And plenty of other people understood it just fine.

Now why don't you go educate those Dota 2 players that you've finally seen the light and come to the same correct conclusion as me, that removing mechanics, like last hitting or items in HotS, doesn't make the game easier, because the game is as hard as your opponent? "The game doesn't make the game hard, your opponents do."

The way you keep bringing up irrelevant and unrelated topics, despite the fact that I've addressed it over and over to prove that I was right, while at the same time, being unable to admit that I was correct even when we agree, just goes to highlight your years-long vendetta and an unstoppable obsession with hating me. You simply can't get over it.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
September 19 2014 13:57 GMT
#2508
Whatever makes you feel good, son. The discussion is over at this point and I am glad we are both happy.

Question for the rest of the people: Is sergeant hammer any good now? I remember having a super hard time making her work when last played and it really bummed me out.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
September 19 2014 13:58 GMT
#2509
On September 19 2014 14:09 Joedaddy wrote:
I swear.... this moba stuff is frustrating as all get out. I have NO clue how a MOBA is supposed to be played proper.......... very frustrating.

I made Masters SC2 with 2/3 races. I'm not stupid, but I am VERY ignorant about what is the right way to play a MOBA.

/rage!!

any advice to know that I'm at least on the right track?

Stick with the team. Do the objectives. Run away when you're dying. It's like SC2, but with 1 hero unit.
Spaylz
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan1743 Posts
September 19 2014 14:10 GMT
#2510
Seriously can you stop entertaining paralleluniverse? The guy sees every other post as an admission of his "theory" being the second coming of Jesus.

Just ignore and move on, let us stick to discussing HotS at hand.
I like words.
hootsushi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany3468 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-19 14:16:39
September 19 2014 14:15 GMT
#2511
On September 19 2014 22:57 Plansix wrote:
Whatever makes you feel good, son. The discussion is over at this point and I am glad we are both happy.

Question for the rest of the people: Is sergeant hammer any good now? I remember having a super hard time making her work when last played and it really bummed me out.


I feel she is even worse now considering they moved hover mode from lvl 7 to 16. You either have godly positioning or awful enemies otherwise the teamfight will happen just outside your range and then, well you are fucked.

She's still amazing at zoning on certain maps (Blackhearts bay for example) and your potential damage output is nothing to sneeze at.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 19 2014 14:18 GMT
#2512
On September 19 2014 22:57 Plansix wrote:
Whatever makes you feel good, son. The discussion is over at this point and I am glad we are both happy.

Question for the rest of the people: Is sergeant hammer any good now? I remember having a super hard time making her work when last played and it really bummed me out.


If you couldn't play Hammer before you won't be able to now; she got nerfed a decent amount.

That being said, she was overpowered before and is more balanced now (although still a tad strong).
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
September 19 2014 14:26 GMT
#2513
Does everyone here have good computers or has anyone got in with a shitty single core i3.
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
September 19 2014 14:29 GMT
#2514
On September 19 2014 23:18 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2014 22:57 Plansix wrote:
Whatever makes you feel good, son. The discussion is over at this point and I am glad we are both happy.

Question for the rest of the people: Is sergeant hammer any good now? I remember having a super hard time making her work when last played and it really bummed me out.


If you couldn't play Hammer before you won't be able to now; she got nerfed a decent amount.

That being said, she was overpowered before and is more balanced now (although still a tad strong).

I played her a really long time ago when the alpha was first getting started, so no one really knew how to play her. But glad to hear she is viable.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 19 2014 16:05 GMT
#2515
Murky, I think, got hit a bit too hard. But then again, I don't think you can make a hero with a 5 second respawn time anything but overpowered or useless. Just nowadays when I get grouped with a Murky, they're usually 2nd or so on Seige damage, but do almost nothing to heroes because they're required to get at least 2 slimes to do anything.
hootsushi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany3468 Posts
September 19 2014 17:11 GMT
#2516
On September 20 2014 01:05 deth2munkies wrote:
Murky, I think, got hit a bit too hard. But then again, I don't think you can make a hero with a 5 second respawn time anything but overpowered or useless. Just nowadays when I get grouped with a Murky, they're usually 2nd or so on Seige damage, but do almost nothing to heroes because they're required to get at least 2 slimes to do anything.


Murky is definitely a candidate for the worst hero at the moment.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
September 19 2014 17:12 GMT
#2517
I don't even know what they changed with him but he is noticeably worse after the patch.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-19 17:39:31
September 19 2014 17:21 GMT
#2518
been playing murky a lot. if you're ahead you can actually get kills on squishy heroes. poison on death,reduced cd for poison and increased aoe range for poison. He plays a lot like bristle back where you just spam poison with no mana cost. I think he's one of the best minion killers too because of this spam and egg mobility. you can also spam on buildings.

The only weakness I see so far is his egg. In larger maps like the raven map it's easy to hide your egg. You probably cant do this in high ranked games since it's pretty easy to tell where it is if you see murky somewhere. In two lane maps like grave golem, the watch towers has almost all the vision in the center of the map so you have to hide your egg behind base. you have to constantly hide and change your egg location depending on your current objective. Plus two lane maps have less minions so his bribe ability by stacking minion kills sucks( which is the only good first ability sadly)

With hammer I mostly go for range and not hover. It does more damage overall because of your increased damage if farther away. Hammer is a little weak in early game despite spider mines doing a lot of damage early on...but in late game she's got one of the best DPS on heroes and building.
Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
September 19 2014 18:33 GMT
#2519
there's another phase thing and it includes a new account wipe or something i don't know

I have no particularly strong feelings on this other than it feels like it's really taking them a long time to do things.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
September 19 2014 19:07 GMT
#2520
but after the wipe Serejai wont have to play with russians anymore at least!
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe115
League of Legends
JimRising 547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g9329
WinterStarcraft714
Sick248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos763
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 48m
OSC
14h 48m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.