• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:46
CEST 20:46
KST 03:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10106 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 27

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 162 Next
PushDown
Profile Joined December 2011
Italy208 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 19:59:21
November 28 2013 19:56 GMT
#521
On November 29 2013 04:50 trinxified wrote:
Is it normally hard to gain 150 gold? I don't have any quests, so my only way to earn gold right now is to play "Play Mode" to get 10 gold per 3 wins...

I regret spending my initial 100 gold to buy a pack. Should've been just saving every time for Arena play.

At the beginning it will take time, for the simple reason that you don't have a deck that is fully capable of beeing solid at winning. After you get more cards you will see your deck/s getting stronger and getting you more wins.
The only secret there is to win more in a card game is to have better cards


When I was in need for gold, I learnt that the best way to farm is to make a Rush down deck. There are good examples like a Murlock deck, the 20+ creatures Warlock deck. The idea behind is this games won't take more than 5minutes and their % of winning are like 40-50% so they are really good for gold farming.
Cogito ergo sum
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
November 28 2013 20:02 GMT
#522
On November 29 2013 04:56 PushDown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2013 04:50 trinxified wrote:
Is it normally hard to gain 150 gold? I don't have any quests, so my only way to earn gold right now is to play "Play Mode" to get 10 gold per 3 wins...

I regret spending my initial 100 gold to buy a pack. Should've been just saving every time for Arena play.

At the beginning it will take time, for the simple reason that you don't have a deck that is fully capable of beeing solid at winning. After you get more cards you will see your deck/s getting stronger and getting you more wins.
The only secret there is to win more in a card game is to have better cards


When I was in need for gold, I learnt that the best way to farm is to make a Rush down deck. There are good examples like a Murlock deck, the 20+ creatures Warlock deck. The idea behind is this games won't take more than 5minutes and their % of winning are like 40-50% so they are really good for gold farming.


I'm using Hunter deck right now with lots of direct hero damage. Hopefully that's fast enough.

Before that, I've played Arena twice, and both ended with a 0-3.

To be fair though, 2 of those 6 games were already won for me but I threw it at the end with ONE mistake. I literally was going to win in that turn but I messed up the order of moves... Still bummed about that.
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 20:49:39
November 28 2013 20:49 GMT
#523
On November 29 2013 04:50 trinxified wrote:
Is it normally hard to gain 150 gold? I don't have any quests, so my only way to earn gold right now is to play "Play Mode" to get 10 gold per 3 wins...

I regret spending my initial 100 gold to buy a pack. Should've been just saving every time for Arena play.


You pretty much average 150 gold from 3 quests so you can play arena about every 3 days (Maybe faster if you spam Play mode). Otherwise your best bet is to drop like 10 dollars in blizzard bucks and hope you do pretty well in 5 arena runs.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
November 29 2013 01:41 GMT
#524
Thanks for the comments Pushdown. I'm not really interested in Warriors, I was just getting the basic cards. I had the craziest games with warrior though. I'd get rushed down to low health before I came storming back. I was down to 4 health in the last match.

On November 25 2013 16:27 sob3k wrote:
Man wouldn't it be awesome if you could play like an arena style draft vs a friend. Maybe have it cost like 40 gold. Also it would be good to help eliminate card differentials where you have more shit than them.


I was just thinking this. We must be geniuses.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Mothra
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1448 Posts
November 29 2013 02:14 GMT
#525
Does the card pack you win in arena get better/worse cards depending on wins, or is it always same pack as if you'd spent 100 to buy?
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
November 29 2013 02:42 GMT
#526
Random. I got a legendary in a 2-3 run and got the shittiest pack I got so far in a 7-3 run.
Moderator<:3-/-<
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
November 29 2013 11:43 GMT
#527
Dunno if this is a bug, or am I missing something?

image:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


3-2 Knife Juggler buffed by Shattered Sun Cleric to 4-3. When attacking triggers a secret, changes target to a 2-1 defender. Both minions die. Shouldn't the attacker survive with 4-1?
Be excellent to each other.
shur
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany35 Posts
November 29 2013 11:51 GMT
#528
did he had sword of justice out? it buffs the defender to 3-2
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
November 29 2013 11:55 GMT
#529
On November 29 2013 20:51 shur wrote:
did he had sword of justice out? it buffs the defender to 3-2

oh wow thats super observant, u can even see the 1/1 minion pally summons as a 2/2 in the background :O damn ur eyes are good
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
November 29 2013 12:59 GMT
#530
Yeah that was probably the case. I was probably missing something simple like that. Still the buff isn't showing up in the graphic, which is a bit misleading.
Be excellent to each other.
wilsonreis
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil97 Posts
November 29 2013 13:26 GMT
#531
On November 28 2013 12:23 GGQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 12:08 AndAgain wrote:
Is there ever a good reason to buy a pack of cards for 100 gold rather than playing arena for 150? (Given that you're guaranteed to get a pack of cards from playing arena.) Btw, I'm very new to the game so I know it might be a dumb question.


2) If you want to maximize efficiency of your gold, you shouldn't play arenas as long as you get less than 50 gold each time in the rewards. Since a pack is 100 and arena is 150 but gives you a pack, the real "cost" of arena is 50 gold. As long as you are getting more than that in rewards, it's most efficient to use your gold on arena. I don't know how many wins you need to reliably get 50+ gold, though.


Even though your sentence is correct, i find it important to add that, in the end, the Dust Rewards from arena are worth something, since you can't expect to get all the legendaries you want from packs only.

Here is an interesting article about the valuation of dust.

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2013/10/10/from-dust-to-dust-the-economy-of-hearthstone/

The author has some heavy assumptions behind the math but still, its a very good read.



willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
November 29 2013 16:36 GMT
#532
Ok. I am a bit confused now because I think I have seen this work both ways:

Redemption triggering on a minion with Deathrattle: does the deathrattle take effect?

I swear I saw a Harvest Golem die a week ago, triggering it's death rattle (spawning the 2/1) and then being put back on the field as a 2/1 (only 1 health from redemption). It happened again last night and all I got was harvest golem being put back on the field as a 2/1 (only 1 health from redemption).

Let me know your experiences please.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
November 29 2013 17:57 GMT
#533
On November 30 2013 01:36 willoc wrote:
Ok. I am a bit confused now because I think I have seen this work both ways:

Redemption triggering on a minion with Deathrattle: does the deathrattle take effect?

I swear I saw a Harvest Golem die a week ago, triggering it's death rattle (spawning the 2/1) and then being put back on the field as a 2/1 (only 1 health from redemption). It happened again last night and all I got was harvest golem being put back on the field as a 2/1 (only 1 health from redemption).

Let me know your experiences please.

I think the deathrattle is supposed to go off everytime, are you sure it wasn't silenced?
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
November 30 2013 10:07 GMT
#534
Is the elven archer underrated? I love it but I'be never seen anyone else use it.
Be excellent to each other.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
November 30 2013 10:15 GMT
#535
On November 30 2013 19:07 meatpudding wrote:
Is the elven archer underrated? I love it but I'be never seen anyone else use it.


It's not really that great, it "counters" argent squires but even that is stretchier than Mr. Fantastic.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 10:27:39
November 30 2013 10:19 GMT
#536
[image loading]

what would u do?
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
RagingKiwi92
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Netherlands50 Posts
November 30 2013 10:20 GMT
#537
How long can you leave Hearthstone open idle before it shuts itself down? I have tried to minimize it a few times, but if I come back after a while it said Hearthstone needs to be restarted because I didn't do anything for a while..

I want to play Arena and take a break now and then between the games, but I'm scared to lose the progress if it somehow shuts down if I take a break at 5-2 or something :'(
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
November 30 2013 10:27 GMT
#538
On November 30 2013 19:20 RagingKiwi92 wrote:
How long can you leave Hearthstone open idle before it shuts itself down? I have tried to minimize it a few times, but if I come back after a while it said Hearthstone needs to be restarted because I didn't do anything for a while..

I want to play Arena and take a break now and then between the games, but I'm scared to lose the progress if it somehow shuts down if I take a break at 5-2 or something :'(

You don't lose progress even if you shut down.
Be excellent to each other.
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 10:32:45
November 30 2013 10:30 GMT
#539
On November 30 2013 19:19 Zeon0 wrote:
[image loading]

what would u do?


Buff Argent Commander with Sun Shattered Cleric and kill the Senjin, remove divine shield with hero power and then kill with Eviscerate and Defias Bandit. Plan to use Defender on the Cleric and Argent Commander next turn and remove whatever he plays with poisoned dagger.
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
November 30 2013 10:33 GMT
#540
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 30 2013 19:19 Zeon0 wrote:
[image loading]

what would u do?


Probably buff the 4/3 to 5/4 and give taunt. End turn without attacking. Might not be the best choice, but you gain a little board advantage.
Be excellent to each other.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 614
ProTech137
UpATreeSC 131
JuggernautJason58
MindelVK 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31344
Calm 3011
Shuttle 809
firebathero 155
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 30
Hyun 27
NaDa 26
soO 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
Aegong 21
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7871
XaKoH 299
Fuzer 154
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1580
fl0m1491
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu538
Other Games
FrodaN1357
Beastyqt817
B2W.Neo555
ceh9551
mouzStarbuck432
Livibee191
C9.Mang0127
ToD108
KnowMe104
Trikslyr79
RotterdaM70
Mew2King45
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur864
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 29m
Replay Cast
4h 14m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.