• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:55
CEST 17:55
KST 00:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9440 users

PURGE 2008: A month of posting behaviour evaluated - Page 24

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 30 Next All
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
July 09 2008 18:01 GMT
#461
Haji: Pardon?

And Infested:

On July 10 2008 02:04 himurakenshin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2008 15:09 evanthebouncy! wrote:
It's the same tactic used by good o' communists in the cultural revolution, by the end of every day, we gather around in a circle discussing our guity deeds of captialism(Mr. Zhang has bought an obsenely amount of potatoes, such action is despeakable) and to confess in order not to be prosecuted. Bey I hope you realize the nasty implications and connotations of this thread, it is a truly ugly paranoia ridden place.
A confident forum will not need periodic witch hunts but a consistent daily reinforcement of the rules, much like how the world is run, police man enforcing the laws constantly and consistently. It is not some hit on the forehead hot headed whim "oh shit yeah let's ban a load of people!" but rather a long term commitment.
The need of a purge shows that teamliquid is not confident enough in its management powers and resort to threats to keep orders in place. I would ask the mods to be more confident in their abilities to cope with the bad posters consistently throughout the years instead of having a huge ban spike and then withdrawn into a lull.


I agree with you 100%


He did not explain, why should that be more of a brillant post? He just said: I agree. That is not better. Yet, you did not point it out. Strange, isn't it?

Why do I disagree? Because I totally do not think it has anything to do with confidence. It's not a way for mods to hide behind a large-scale purge because they do not have the balls to do it otherwise. Not at all. I rather believe that this is a moment to say: Listen, that's enough, all bad posters will be wiped and we will be good to go until another crisis points out, if a crisis there is. It is an opportunity to channel all necessary bans within one great purge. It is a symbol. And God knows how symbols are powerful. It will go down in TL's history, already very rich in drama moments.
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
July 09 2008 18:14 GMT
#462
On July 10 2008 03:01 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Haji: Pardon?

And Infested:

Show nested quote +
On July 10 2008 02:04 himurakenshin wrote:
On July 09 2008 15:09 evanthebouncy! wrote:
It's the same tactic used by good o' communists in the cultural revolution, by the end of every day, we gather around in a circle discussing our guity deeds of captialism(Mr. Zhang has bought an obsenely amount of potatoes, such action is despeakable) and to confess in order not to be prosecuted. Bey I hope you realize the nasty implications and connotations of this thread, it is a truly ugly paranoia ridden place.
A confident forum will not need periodic witch hunts but a consistent daily reinforcement of the rules, much like how the world is run, police man enforcing the laws constantly and consistently. It is not some hit on the forehead hot headed whim "oh shit yeah let's ban a load of people!" but rather a long term commitment.
The need of a purge shows that teamliquid is not confident enough in its management powers and resort to threats to keep orders in place. I would ask the mods to be more confident in their abilities to cope with the bad posters consistently throughout the years instead of having a huge ban spike and then withdrawn into a lull.


I agree with you 100%


He did not explain, why should that be more of a brillant post? He just said: I agree. That is not better. Yet, you did not point it out. Strange, isn't it?

Why do I disagree? Because I totally do not think it has anything to do with confidence. It's not a way for mods to hide behind a large-scale purge because they do not have the balls to do it otherwise. Not at all. I rather believe that this is a moment to say: Listen, that's enough, all bad posters will be wiped and we will be good to go until another crisis points out, if a crisis there is. It is an opportunity to channel all necessary bans within one great purge. It is a symbol. And God knows how symbols are powerful. It will go down in TL's history, already very rich in drama moments.


It's kind of like, uhmm...

When you are taking a test in school, a lot of times it will say something like this:

"Next 10 Statements are true or false*, if answered false please give correct definition"

People tend to question No's instead of Yes'

It's kind of like quoting other people, you quote them because you think the same way and no need to write anything else in case you want to add something to it, but then again... quoting too much is bad imo

p.s. Was holylight banned? and that was jensofsweeden?
w/e
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
July 09 2008 18:30 GMT
#463
Have you never run into those tests where they ask your opinion on a text and, may you agree or disagree, you've got to bring justifications? Wait, how was it called again? Yeah, philosophy.

Quoting and saying: "I agree" is as much of a bad post as only saying: "I disagree".

Nevertheless, did I bring enough justifications to my opinion, oh noble sir?
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
July 09 2008 18:40 GMT
#464
I disagree.

"I agree" lends creedence to an established argument. A poster may not have anything substantive to contribute to the argument, but nonetheless is establishing his support for a proposal / idea / argument. It lets other forum goers see who supports which side (though who supports an argument shouldn't be as important as an arguments content, it often is).

Where as "I disagree" thrown nakedly establishes your opposition, but doesn't give others a reason to support your disagreement. If somebody were to post first against the idea, with backing, you could agree with that person without being a bad poster. But when you're the first wqith a disagreement, you should feel obliged to illustrate why precisely that is.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Funchucks
Profile Joined June 2007
Canada2113 Posts
July 09 2008 18:41 GMT
#465
On July 10 2008 03:30 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Quoting and saying: "I agree" is as much of a bad post as only saying: "I disagree".

I agree.
I serve my houseguests slices of butter.
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
July 09 2008 18:52 GMT
#466
On July 10 2008 03:41 Funchucks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2008 03:30 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Quoting and saying: "I agree" is as much of a bad post as only saying: "I disagree".

I agree.


I love you Funchucks. This is the best two word post I've ever seen.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
July 09 2008 20:14 GMT
#467
On July 10 2008 03:52 GeneralStan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2008 03:41 Funchucks wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:30 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Quoting and saying: "I agree" is as much of a bad post as only saying: "I disagree".

I agree.


I love you Funchucks. This is the best two word post I've ever seen.

I disagree.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
July 09 2008 20:14 GMT
#468
On July 10 2008 03:40 GeneralStan wrote:
I disagree.

"I agree" lends creedence to an established argument. A poster may not have anything substantive to contribute to the argument, but nonetheless is establishing his support for a proposal / idea / argument. It lets other forum goers see who supports which side (though who supports an argument shouldn't be as important as an arguments content, it often is).

Where as "I disagree" thrown nakedly establishes your opposition, but doesn't give others a reason to support your disagreement. If somebody were to post first against the idea, with backing, you could agree with that person without being a bad poster. But when you're the first wqith a disagreement, you should feel obliged to illustrate why precisely that is.


I agree! =)

+ Show Spoiler +
I am not trying to joke about the whole "I agree" "I don't agree" thing but I do agree ^^
GeneralStan covered pretty much what I was trying to say in better words ^_^
w/e
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
July 09 2008 20:16 GMT
#469
On July 10 2008 05:14 BluzMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2008 03:52 GeneralStan wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:41 Funchucks wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:30 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Quoting and saying: "I agree" is as much of a bad post as only saying: "I disagree".

I agree.


I love you Funchucks. This is the best two word post I've ever seen.

I disagree.


I a-tree.
[image loading]
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
July 09 2008 20:42 GMT
#470
On July 10 2008 05:16 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2008 05:14 BluzMan wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:52 GeneralStan wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:41 Funchucks wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:30 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Quoting and saying: "I agree" is as much of a bad post as only saying: "I disagree".

I agree.


I love you Funchucks. This is the best two word post I've ever seen.

I disagree.


I a-tree.
[image loading]


OMG this made me laugh so hard, everyone was lookin at me at work like wtzor o_O
w/e
YellowMarker161
Profile Joined June 2008
United States21 Posts
July 09 2008 23:27 GMT
#471
I don't really post much, more a lurker. So I doubt banning me will cleanse the forums of anything substantial. I give myself a 6 (mostly to escape the radar and fit the bell curve =D ).
iceburn
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States303 Posts
July 09 2008 23:31 GMT
#472
yea same with yellowmarker, dont' really post much ill say a 7
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
July 09 2008 23:47 GMT
#473
I'm going to put myself at a 6. I rarely contribute but I want some analysis from the mods =D
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
HamerD
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1922 Posts
July 09 2008 23:54 GMT
#474
2-3, occasional useful post, 90% argumentative pointless tosh, 90% one liner support for topics that i like. I'd ban me.
"Oh no, we've drawn Judge Schneider" "Is that bad?" "Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog" "You did?" "Yeah...if you replace the word *kinda* with *repeatedly*...and the word *dog* with son"
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
July 10 2008 03:03 GMT
#475
Well i dont post a lot, tryied to help some people thought, but im more of a lurker. Didnt Post any offensive post, and im not bm so i would give me a 6 cause i dont post a lot and i should contribute more.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
July 10 2008 03:08 GMT
#476
I just joined quite recently, but I'd give myself a 6.

Not all my posts are very long, but I try to give them some meaning. It doesn't take an essay to say what I want to say often times.

RIP Aaliyah
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
July 10 2008 03:28 GMT
#477
I'd give myself a 6 really
I have a lot of 1 liners though, gotta improve that
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
July 10 2008 04:24 GMT
#478
On July 10 2008 05:14 BluzMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2008 03:52 GeneralStan wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:41 Funchucks wrote:
On July 10 2008 03:30 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Quoting and saying: "I agree" is as much of a bad post as only saying: "I disagree".

I agree.


I love you Funchucks. This is the best two word post I've ever seen.

I disagree.


Worst post ever
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kpcrew
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1071 Posts
July 10 2008 06:12 GMT
#479
my posts all rock
Clan Lzuruha
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
July 10 2008 12:32 GMT
#480
that prompted me to check your posting history and the sheer amount of suck almost tore my head off

try to post better in a week okay
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem299
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 299
IndyStarCraft 111
Railgan 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55147
Shuttle 4081
Horang2 562
BeSt 554
Larva 273
actioN 270
ggaemo 201
Soma 149
Sexy 138
Mind 131
[ Show more ]
Last 97
Zeus 74
Aegong 73
Dewaltoss 65
hero 59
Killer 50
Sea.KH 50
Hyun 47
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 25
PianO 19
NaDa 17
Rock 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5148
qojqva2724
Dendi1578
420jenkins484
Fuzer 150
Counter-Strike
fl0m4045
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1323
Liquid`Hasu1108
MindelVK21
Other Games
singsing1587
FrodaN1061
B2W.Neo950
Beastyqt792
byalli677
Mlord498
ArmadaUGS203
Hui .186
KnowMe142
QueenE82
Mew2King53
Chillindude28
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick935
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 54
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4073
League of Legends
• Nemesis3288
Other Games
• WagamamaTV201
• Shiphtur106
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 5m
Replay Cast
7h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.